Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the history of the website on the Wayback Machine in the past couple of days and I'm sure it went back further than it does today. Now it starts from February 2017. I thought it went back to about 2013 . . . when the site was more basic, and the personnel were different.

I was looking at the history of the website on the Wayback Machine in the past couple of days and I'm sure it went back further than it does today. Now it starts from February 2017. I thought it went back to about 2013 . . . when the site was more basic, and the personnel were different.
Bikies and dodgy people have long been associated with panel beaters and smash repair businesses, there’s no doubt in my mind that her disappearance is linked to the smash repair business. The cops know it.

Bikies and dodgy people have long been associated with panel beaters and smash repair businesses, there’s no doubt in my mind that her disappearance is linked to the smash repair business. The cops know it.
What are tour reasons for believing this to be the case? I know nothing about panel beating at all so would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Two words: Stolen vehicles.

That's an interesting angle. The Bandidos have a national "run" between Ballarat and Buninyong. I don't know what "run" means but sounds like they spend time and have links in the area.

And . . . what proportion of panel beating business in general do you think pertains to stolen vehicles?
TOW truck operators are offering drivers at crash scenes prestige cars while repairs are carried out on their vehicles as an incentive to send them to panel beating shops linked to organised crime gangs.
The criminals even pay excesses on policies to sweeten the deal - and then charge insurance companies up to $200 a day for car rentals.

The underhand practises are just some of those used in an industry plagued with criminal activity, prompting the state government's announcement last week of an inquiry into the smash repair business and insurance companies.

"In the trade it's referred to as having the vehicle 'captured' and in many cases held hostage by the smash repairers,'' an industry source said.

"In one case we were given a bill for $36,000 for seven days' car hire of a luxury Porsche.''

In an effort to tackle the scourge, undercover police attend car auctions posing as buyers to gather intelligence and make sure genuine buyers are not intimidated out of bidding for vehicles.

"The auctions have cleaned up a lot but we still go there undercover to keep an eye on what is going on because we know bikies and other gangs are involved in illegal activity in some of the motor trades,'' NSW Crime Squad boss Superintendent Arthur Katsogiannis said.

Most insurance companies employ former NSW police officers to investigate fraudulent claims, staged accidents and theft of vehicles.

It's estimated there is at least one bogus crash every day involving an over-insured prestige vehicles.

"There are multiple claimers, whose names or families pop up constantly,'' an insurance industry source said.

"Then there is the time and location of the accident, which is invariably at night in an isolated area.”

Stay on topic folks. This thread is dedicated to discussion of Samantha's case.

If you are interested in and wish to discuss details of other cases, including the Russell Hill and Carol Clay case, please take your posts to the appropriate thread dedicated to those individuals.

Thanks.

That's an interesting angle. The Bandidos have a national "run" between Ballarat and Buninyong. I don't know what "run" means but sounds like they spend time and have links in the area.
And as I said, because Samantha Murphy was the bookkeeper and co owner she would have known what was going on in the business.

'run' in this instance means a whole lot of middle aged incel men, on expensive motorised 2 wheelers,dressed in peculiar garments from the hide of poor cows, lots with beards and badly executed tattoos, scrum together on the Western Freeway and pretend they are projecting Fear and Loathing all the way from Ballarat to Bunyinyong, ( 20 klms) . then they turn round and scrum back, heads to the sky, weeping quietly at the beauty of the bush.

last one was sept, 2023.. I don't think they were around this weekend....every now and then they take shots at each other, though, usually over a gram of skunk, or something equally minimal. Life holds not much meaning to them.

T
The “Find Samantha Murphy” group was shuttered and archived on Sunday after the page’s administrator posted a cryptic final message suggesting they had been “given the go ahead” to delete the page.

“Hi everyone, this group has served its purpose and we have been given the go ahead to delete, this is a huge mission on its own as I have to remove every member, if you would like to help Sam’s group, the best thing you can for her is to help speed the process up by deleting yourself,” the administrator wrote.

The public page previously had over 17,000 members, mostly made up of concerned residents in the close-knit Ballarat community and good Samaritans conducting volunteer searches.
The Find Samantha Murphy community page was shut down on Sunday. Picture: Facebook.

The Find Samantha Murphy community page was shut down on Sunday.
A Victoria Police spokesperson told SkyNews.com.au the decision to archive the page “was not from our end”.

“Victoria Police had no knowledge of (the page) being removed,” the spokesperson said.

Within hours new Facebook groups have popped up to continue volunteer efforts

*eta:
A lack of concrete information from authorities has bred speculation online, with members of the Facebook page split over the presence of a “psychic medium” who claimed to have insight into Ms Murphy’s whereabouts.

As arguments and innuendo broke out over the past week, a rival page titled Help FIND Samantha Murphy – which has less than 500 members – was created by people who have cast aspersions on Ms Hobbs’ motivations.

Ms Hobbs has made it clear in media interviews and on the site that she did not know Ms Murphy and had created the page as a way to connect volunteers and pool information.
That site was so poorly moderated. The person who set it up made out the police wanted her to do it. It got heaps of randoms out searching, someone even asked to borrow a horse so she could search. Posts hinting that maybe Samantha didn't actually leave home were deleted. Thank goodness for Websleuths!

'run' in this instance means a whole lot of middle aged incel men, on expensive motorised 2 wheelers,dressed in peculiar garments from the hide of poor cows, lots with beards and badly executed tattoos, scrum together on the Western Freeway and pretend they are projecting Fear and Loathing all the way from Ballarat to Bunyinyong, ( 20 klms) . then they turn round and scrum back, heads to the sky, weeping quietly at the beauty of the bush.

last one was sept, 2023.. I don't think they were around this weekend....
Sorry to state the obvious that not all members of The Bandidos ride motorcycles, or even own a motorbike.

TOW truck operators are offering drivers at crash scenes prestige cars while repairs are carried out on their vehicles as an incentive to send them to panel beating shops linked to organised crime gangs.
The criminals even pay excesses on policies to sweeten the deal - and then charge insurance companies up to $200 a day for car rentals.

The underhand practises are just some of those used in an industry plagued with criminal activity, prompting the state government's announcement last week of an inquiry into the smash repair business and insurance companies.

"In the trade it's referred to as having the vehicle 'captured' and in many cases held hostage by the smash repairers,'' an industry source said.

"In one case we were given a bill for $36,000 for seven days' car hire of a luxury Porsche.''

In an effort to tackle the scourge, undercover police attend car auctions posing as buyers to gather intelligence and make sure genuine buyers are not intimidated out of bidding for vehicles.

"The auctions have cleaned up a lot but we still go there undercover to keep an eye on what is going on because we know bikies and other gangs are involved in illegal activity in some of the motor trades,'' NSW Crime Squad boss Superintendent Arthur Katsogiannis said.

Most insurance companies employ former NSW police officers to investigate fraudulent claims, staged accidents and theft of vehicles.

It's estimated there is at least one bogus crash every day involving an over-insured prestige vehicles.

"There are multiple claimers, whose names or families pop up constantly,'' an insurance industry source said.

"Then there is the time and location of the accident, which is invariably at night in an isolated area.”

That doesn't say anything about the likelihood of a given panel beating business being dishonest. It certainly doesn't say anything about the one owned by the Murphys (in Victoria).

I think it is a huge assumption from this still to say she was seen leaving her home. She may have been, but this still does not prove it. There must be other footage from their cctv which has not been released to the public. Or for some reason, is not in existent. Can anyone help me understand this, please?

Or cctv from a neighbour. LE have stated that the cctv ‘cuts out’ before the end of her drive so they can’t see which direction she turned. But surely there must be someone with cctv both to the right and to the left somewhere who would have caught her going past. I guess unless all the drives are very long and no one has a camera at their gate? I suppose that’s possible. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove