Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have face recognition to open my iPhone, as I assume most iPhone users do, but if this fails because I am wearing a face mask, it will then ask me for my PIN number.

I had to look on the Apple site to check that I am correct. I am just thinking about how the LE will access Samantha’s mobile if she has facial recognition set up, but it definitely does then revert to a PIN number.

Face ID, Touch ID, passcodes and passwords

“To use Face ID or Touch ID, the user must set up their device so that a passcode or password is required to unlock it. When Face ID or Touch IDdetects a successful match, the user’s device unlocks without asking for the device passcode or password. This makes using a longer, more complex passcode or password far more practical because the user doesn’t need to enter it as frequently. Face ID and Touch ID don’t replace the user’s passcode or password; instead, they provide easy access to the device within thoughtful boundaries and time constraints. This is important because a strong passcode or password forms the foundation for how a user’s iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watchcryptographically protects that user’s data.”

I tend to agree.

What do you make out of LE hugging and high fiving at the dam?!

Are we missing something significant here? Or are they just happy to find the phone.
They understand the implications of finding SMs phone… beyond what we do… ?

Relief and exhilaration at the first piece of actual evidence from the crime scene…?

JMO…

I bet they have digital evidence (dashcam, gopro etc) plus an informer.
The informer provided the digital evidence which allowed the police to watch the crime and understand it as a deliberate attack.
The digital evidence may have uploaded to a site or device that the informer could view.

I wonder if Sam was deliberately chased and mowed down by the car and it was digitally captured by phone, watch, and dashcam etc
Captured the crime, the heart rate, the shared location, and maybe some audio.

I wonder if the body is hidden in the local area not far from town or his home. I think the likelihood of it being in water is very high.

I think the phone was tossed suddenly.
I wonder if it was forgotten and its disposal was a (panicked) hasty afterthought when it was sighted still sitting in the car. Maybe there was a passenger in the car by this stage and the phone was spotted still lying there in the back and needed to be thrown out straight away. Maybe it pinged when it was picked up and tossed.

If you are trying to make everything disappear why would you keep the license, credit card and phone of a murder victim together and rely on a smallish body of water to keep the secret? Because you didn’t have time to separate, destroy and scatter them well?

I don’t think he planned much or went far that day, hence him being easily found and it all now steadily unravelling.

Just my opinion.
Good point about why keep the cards n phone together ?

Precisely. If it was, in deed, him that threw it. Which ... we don't know yet.
I can't imagine, he needed a "handyman"/accomplice to throw the phone. Would be downright ridiculous to me. I think, he did it himself like all the other things, he had to sort out.

Why didn't they find the Smart-watch in the same area? PS had a plan, it seems.

I tend to agree.

Are we missing something significant here? Or are they just happy to find the phone.
I totally get it!!! The celebrating !!!

The relief of finally finding it!!!
A search that yields a result …. All those hours of work leading up the actual search have finally paid off !!!

ON the frontline there are many many bad days for the few good days that you get to achieve and be part of … it’s also good culture to celebrate the success as it promotes a positive staff morale ….. (a bit similar to the debriefing of the bad days …. )

Good on them I say !!! I also agree with @ProfCluezo sentiments above … it is so much more than just a “phone” ….

IMO

A search that yields a result …. All those hours of work leading up the actual search have finally paid off !!!

ON the frontline there are many many bad days for the few good days that you get to achieve and be part of … it’s also good culture to celebrate the success as it promotes a positive staff morale ….. (a bit similar to the debriefing of the bad days …. )

Good on them I say !!! I also agree with @ProfCluezo sentiments above … it is so much more than just a “phone” ….

IMO

TEAM spirit!
Including 4 legged members barking enthusiastically ♥️
Good job Officers!
Well done!
:)

IMO
To quote Freud, “sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar…”;)

Similarly, sometimes a phone is not just a phone… :) :p ;)

I tend to agree.

If they are celebrating finding the phone (and not just happy to see each another) then it tells me that finding the phone is MASSIVE for them and the case. Beyond being excited to have a significant win. I’m not sure why. If the water was still enough could DNA still be present? Or is it about something in or on the phone?
Also, did digital tracking or other clues keep bring them to that property and dam area but nothing was coming of it until now? Who knows.

I bet they have digital evidence (dashcam, gopro etc) plus an informer.
The informer provided the digital evidence which allowed the police to watch the crime and understand it as a deliberate attack.
The digital evidence may have uploaded to a site or device that the informer could view.

I wonder if Sam was deliberately chased and mowed down by the car and it was digitally captured by phone, watch, and dashcam etc
Captured the crime, the heart rate, the shared location, and maybe some audio.

I wonder if the body is hidden in the local area not far from town or his home. I think the likelihood of it being in water is very high.

I think the phone was tossed suddenly.
I wonder if it was forgotten and its disposal was a (panicked) hasty afterthought when it was sighted still sitting in the car. Maybe there was a passenger in the car by this stage and the phone was spotted still lying there in the back and needed to be thrown out straight away. Maybe it pinged when it was picked up and tossed.

If you are trying to make everything disappear why would you keep the license, credit card and phone of a murder victim together and rely on a smallish body of water to keep the secret? Because you didn’t have time to separate, destroy and scatter them well?

I don’t think he planned much or went far that day, hence him being easily found and it all now steadily unravelling.

Just my opinion.
We are on the same wavelength, I agree with everything you said Rocket.

Snapchat seems to be a fave of the young ones for recording snippets that they believe disappear from the world wide web after 24 hours. But do they really? Does anything really?

We are on the same wavelength, I agree with everything you said Rocket.

Snapchat seems to be a fave of the young ones for recording snippets that they believe disappear from the world wide web after 24 hours. But do they really? Does anything really?

Re Snapchat

But WHO would be the recipient/s???

Wouldn't such person/s be treated as accomplice/s if not informing Police?

Or maybe this person/s is/are informer/s.

But then,
Police could take their phones to retrieve the alleged ghastly material.

And the sender would be marked/identified.

JMO

I suspect vicpol will be as busy as beavers this weekend, planning and gathering intel for the upcoming “targeted” searches…. ;)

In the meantime PS may be sweating (as opposed to the previously speculated sulking…)

Unless he has a peculiar medical condition that prevents him from doing so… :rolleyes:

Or is perhaps “too honourable” to sweat? ;) :oops: :cool: :p

All just conjecture and MOO…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads