SC - Bride, Samantha Miller, dies 5 hours after wedding when DUI driver slams golf cart, Folly Beach - 28 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have the results of her blood test been released?

Edit: Multiple news outlets are reporting that the results of the blood draw are "pending" or "not released". It will be interesting to see what the b.a.c. was, if results are released prior to trial.

Last edited:
Her alcohol reading was .26 so those were pretty big beers and mixed drinks. Her reactions at the crash, as in this report on foxcarolina, indicate that she was sloshed when this occurred.

IMHO This makes me so sad. What a happy time and the beginning of this newly married couple's future only to be ruined be the irresponsible selfish act of a drunk driver. The driver is young but 25 is old enough to be responsible in one's actions. Of course, she was not injured...just drunk UGH! My sympathy for Samantha and Aric and their families is overwhelming. This is a life time sorrow.
I feel nothing but anger and distain for the driver Jamie. She has been allowed to get away with driving drunk for awhile. Hopefully, she will be prosecuted to the full extent.

Her alcohol reading was .26 so those were pretty big beers and mixed drinks. Her reactions at the crash, as in this report on foxcarolina, indicate that she was sloshed when this occurred.
Where did you find the report of the b.a.c.? I've looked all over for it.

I see the location is listed as the vicinity of 1216 to 1218 E. Ashley Avenue in Folly Beach. I've driven that road often; the speed limit is indeed 25mph, and it's strictly enforced. Police cars cruise up and down that road constantly. It's surprising that she wasn't pulled over before hitting the golf cart.

I’m still baffled thinking of speeds like that in the area as I stayed with an Aunt during the summers just over on East Cooper and mentioned earlier that we couldn’t go too fast on bicycles in that neighborhood. Maybe it has changed since the late 90s when I was there last?

I wonder if they have video of the driver at the crash. I was just reading about a similar crash in Illinois where a young (20s) lady who acted up in video. She only got 15 years or so.

Among other items from the DM, priors:

Komoroski was first charged with speeding on 31 May 2018 in Horry County, South Carolina - home of Myrtle Beach and Coastal Carolina University, where Komoroski attended school.

She was accused of speeding less than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit, to which she pleaded guilty and paid a $76.50 fine.

Later that year, Komoroski pleaded guilty to a count of driving a vehicle at a speed that is unreasonable road conditions. She was arrested in November during a rare freeze warning in the popular tourist area.

In 2019, Komoroski was again charged with speeding 10mph or less over the speed limit, to which she again pleaded guilty and paid another $76.50.

More recently, she was cited for failure to use a turn signal or stop signal, to which she pleaded guilty on April 5, 2023, and paid a $25 fine.
How terrible. And They were riding on the back of the cart? Good Lord, they had to see it coming. What a horror.

My community started allowing golf carts on the road not long ago. My husband has been saying ever since, that “someone is going to get seriously injured or killed, just wait”. Not to victim blame, but IMO they just aren’t safe on the road with automobiles. Especially at night. JMO

That being said, the driver with the DUI SHOULD NOT have been behind the wheel. With all her priors, I’m surprised she still had a license.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back