Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had access to the internet for a little over 24 hours. Just checking in now that I have it back...

Well I guess we are heading for the countdown for the trial date for ST. Five days to go. Hoping something will be revealed to help with Brittanee's case and the wheels of justice can begin to turn for all of the victims in that area and the families of these girls can get some answers. At the very least, let's hope if ST is at least one of the perps who tried to kidnap RM, he gets what he deserves. Maybe he will begin to talk about some other things he knows about or is involved in. Sure don't want him to get off on anything that he actually has done (if he is guilty). I have not heard any mention if they have any suspects for the other two men who attempted to kidnap RM. That will be interesting if any of that comes out during the trial on Sept 3rd. I also hope the trial is not too stressful for RM's mother, as it has been stated she had to be admitted to a hospital on the way home from the beach due to heart related problems from stress of what happened or nearly happened to her daughter. Does anyone know if this is a trial by a jury or exactly what is expected to occur on September 3rd? TIA.

Bumping for Brittanee.

I just answered my own question by looking back a post or two. It is a hearing, not really a trial per se.

Hi Strawberry,
from my understanding, ST go in front of judge to enter a plea as in not or guilty suspect he plea not guilty then it be a trail with jury that take more months etc but i could be wrong,,,,if you recall at bond hearing he did not give a plea so im guessing he do this friday 3rd,you can bet his lawyers is telling him everything to say,,if these seem lawyers hes had with all other trouble hes been in,im guessing they jam up lawyers due he never gets time for his crimes,but lets pray that he get what he needs (if gulity) he needs to be stopped!!!!!

waltzingmathilda- your butterfly story inspired me- I can see Britt surrounded by butterflys. Fly free!!!!

Hey, Guys- I've been on vacation for a couple weeks so I haven't been checking in that much. We were in Edisto Island, SC and due to waaaayyyyy too many vicious mosquitos we decided to leave a day early and drop by Myrtle Beach since we missed our yearly vacation there this year. So this was the first time I've approached it from the South and we traveled 17 all the way and went through all the areas we're always discussing, starting with Charleston, and then McClellansville (sp?) which felt really creepy going through. We then went past the Florence Marion State Park and over the South and North forks of the Santee River...It was really sad and depressing going through this trip on a route that I've never done and thinking about Britt and seeing how huge and vast the forest and rivers are...I just never visualized such a huge area...It made me just hope and pray for more tips and most of all a confession to bring this all to closure. We stayed in a resort in another area of MB for the night, definitely much closer to where Britt stayed. Of course, I never let my kids out of sight. And the streets are so different from the other side where the resorts open to the beach and there's much security...We went down on the elevator with a young woman in a bikini that reminded me SO much of Britt- Blonde, petite, beautiful and young...only main difference was brown eyes. I wanted so much to tell her "I hope you're being careful-you shouldn't be in the elevator by yourself!" but I was too hesitant because she'd probably think I was crazy and be scared of me. We had a beautiful stay- I guess I'll always love MB after all these years- but it was definitely bitter sweet...Sorry for rambling...Just had to share...

Thanks bunches RoseC! I was too el. aye. zee. why. - lazy, to search back thru the thread for the info.

I am really looking forward to this hearing also. I hope it is a catalyst to get things moving forward in Britt's case.

Come on ST, give it up......we just wish to bring Britt home and this is your opportunity to do the right thing!!! MOO but I just feel like he knows something about Britt's disappearance.

Friday, 9/3 at 1pm. Mark the date folks! (Gosh I wish I could drive down there for the hearing!)

all Moo

There is a hurricane, Earl coming up the coast there and another one right behind. Hope they don't lose power in SC. Im off 9/3 thankfully but thats when it will hit where I live on Long Island. Now I hope I don't lose power.

Prayers for Brittanee

Thanks bunches RoseC! I was too el. aye. zee. why. - lazy, to search back thru the thread for the info.

I am really looking forward to this hearing also. I hope it is a catalyst to get things moving forward in Britt's case.

Come on ST, give it up......we just wish to bring Britt home and this is your opportunity to do the right thing!!! MOO but I just feel like he knows something about Britt's disappearance.

Friday, 9/3 at 1pm. Mark the date folks! (Gosh I wish I could drive down there for the hearing!)

all Moo

There is a hurricane, Earl coming up the coast there and another one right behind. Hope they don't lose power in SC. Im off 9/3 thankfully but thats when it will hit where I live on Long Island. Now I hope I don't lose power.

Prayers for Brittanee

We will be watching what is happening on Friday the 3rd at 1 p.m. for sure. OT, me and my family are supposed to be traveling to VA Beach on Saturday the 4th for a 5 day stay. Just wondering how that is going to pan out in that area. Not lookin' good for the beaches on the east coast, but hopefully the trial will go on. I absolutely feel ST could know way more than what he is saying currently or possibly will every say. Hope and pray something positive can come from this for the families' sake. It has been a long, long hot summer with still no answers on BD. (MOO too) Stay safe.

Also at the very least, I wonder what, if anything, investigators are doing about the supposed stolen vehicle found on ST's property?

Strawberry Fields, I'm about 20 miles from VA Beach. According to the local weather we're going to have some pretty bad rip currents this weekend even if Earl stays off the coast. We haven't had any drownings here but further south in the Outer Banks there have been more than usual this year due to the rip currents.

I THINK and I could be wrong (usually am) that the effects of Earl should be past SC by the 3rd. If it continues on the same course. Wouldn't want anything to hinder the possibility of finding out what happened to our Britt (if ST knows anything).

Yeah gals...I am in Va Beach and so far it looks as though we will get rough surf, rip tides and storms on thursday and things should be back to normal on Friday...that is if Earl stays on it's track away for the coast...Hurricane Danielle was very far from shore but still create huge dangerous waves and erosion...are hoping this is all Earl does to us. Have fun at the beach!!

^^^ Sorry off topic...come home Britt, still all about YOU!

The projected forecast, so far I've read, is for Earl to impact the Outer Banks of NC and points north. SE North Carolina is forecast to have rain, beach erosion, and tropical force winds Thur/Fri. Hopefully SC will be mostly spared (since the longitude line for MB is further west) and the hearing for ST will go on as planned.

However, these powerful storms don't always do what the forecasters say. (remembering when Hugo was forecast to make a northward turn after hitting Puerto Rico but barrelled into Charleston instead.) Once these hurricanes strengthen to CAT 3, 4, 5, they seem to have a mind of their own.

All you east coast sleuths keep safe.!!!

I just hope this weather event doesn't delay the Fri hearing for ST's charges and hopefully answers to Brittanee's whereabouts.

Where are ya Britt? Hurricane or not we're gonna find you!

wm

Wow. Thanks LizzyBeth, Juno and WM.

I could not ask for a better weather report than this. We just hope for being able to let my 2-year-old granddaughter get her feet in the sand and build a sandcastle or two and be able to get into the pool. It is okay with us not to get into the ocean (not more than ankle or knees anyway). Sorry for being OT but this Earl "guy" has me worried. I do remember the Hugo one hitting Charleston and it was sad when we got back down to MB the following year.

Pray that this one does no more than some high waves/rip currents and no one drowns. People can do dumb things on vacation and not listening to a lifeguard at a time like this is really dumb.

Yes, WM, I sure do hope the ST trial goes on as scheduled. I also hope there is no "slap on the wrist" or dismissal completely. I wish we knew something about what they will actually be doing and if there is more evidence we do not know about. I just keep remembering that one video I saw where RM was speaking from her home and said something like "ya'll will be shocked when you find out what they have uncovered". Got to thinking she may have been speaking of the stolen truck. (should I say alleged stolen truck?) Where is Graeme Moore (?sp?) when we need him. He is such a thorough and unbiased reporter. (MOO) Hope he does something on this ST thing.

Wow. Thanks LizzyBeth, Juno and WM.

Yes, WM, I sure do hope the ST trial goes on as scheduled. I also hope there is no "slap on the wrist" or dismissal completely. I wish we knew something about what they will actually be doing and if there is more evidence we do not know about. I just keep remembering that one video I saw where RM was speaking from her home and said something like "ya'll will be shocked when you find out what they have uncovered". Got to thinking she may have been speaking of the stolen truck. (should I say alleged stolen truck?) Where is Graeme Moore (?sp?) when we need him. He is such a thorough and unbiased reporter. (MOO) Hope he does something on this ST thing.

above BBM and snipped:

OK- my O/T comment (sorry) is that when we were in the ocean in MB for our one day MB vacay I was literally tossed around like a rag doll, and for the only time I can ever remember was flipped in a complete circle in a standing position (and I'm not a tiny person, lol)! I've been in tough surf before but this was the strongest I can remember, mind you my memory is not the greatest lately...So I guess Danielle was doing her thing.

Now back O/T...Strawberry- I missed that statement from RM...That has me really curious...she didn't seem one to keep things under her hat so to speak so I guess LE told her things they asked her to keep quiet(?)...Please, please may this be something that really gets things moving to where they need to be...When I was in MB this weekend I was giving everyone the suspicious eye- I hate that the world has come to this! And I'm always looking at conversion vans askance- and we own one we usually take to MB!...Some of us really have them cause they're convenient for large families- but now I always think, "Hmmmm...wonder what they're up to" when I see one and I hate that.

Hi, this is my first post in this thread, but I have been reading many of the posts about this young girl. I followed this in the news last year when first reported. I would just like to say I hope some news comes out for all those involved. The latest news I read was about several persons of interest that may know something. Is there any other info that has been released? I read about a hearing in Sept. in an above post. Is this going to release information?

Hi, this is my first post in this thread, but I have been reading many of the posts about this young girl. I followed this in the news last year when first reported. I would just like to say I hope some news comes out for all those involved. The latest news I read was about several persons of interest that may know something. Is there any other info that has been released? I read about a hearing in Sept. in an above post. Is this going to release information?

WELCOME SOUL!!

Thank you for your well wishes! I know Brittanee's family and friends are desperate for any information. When it came out earlier last month that Dawn knew the name of these brothers involved in other local crimes, my heart skipped a beat-thinking that this absolutely was the break. Now, with so little news coming out, I can only hope that means LE is making their case against S.T. and his brother/friends. That said, we don't really know what will be released in September...or if anything will be released at all. I'm sure LE will have to make a case for the kidnapping, but because ST is so filppant in his interviews, I have to wonder if his ID is false....if his brother or cousin (etc) was the one who actually tried to kidnap the newest girl. I frequently wonder if he wasn't fingered as the kidnapper because he resembles his brother/other family members. Honestly, how many of us could fight off our attacker WHILE noticing all of the nuances that differentiate ST from his brother??

I know this may sound looney, but there is a part of me that is thrilled each time I see new people post on Brittanee's thread. Not only am I SO happy to have some fresh eyes look at the case, but there is some part of me that still believes that someone out there knows something....and that that person likely knows about this thread for Brittanee. And if that's remotely true, that means that some evil person out there knows that we aren't about to give up on finding Brittanee or bringing her kidnappers to justice. In fact, we are GROWING in numbers!!

back in school. back at my second job. i'm still around, but not as frequently. at least one a day to check in on Britt. i'm waiting for the hearing with the rest of you!

p.s. i made it home from vacation on sunday. such a long drive!

I have not seen this particular video/interview of RM at her home. I did a double take when really close to the end of the video she states "you will be shocked by what they have uncovered". Not sure what to make of that. Also, this was the first I had heard that she was hypnotized in order to be able to provide details of this attempted abduction. She does state she is 100% sure this is the main one who had her "by the waist". The reporter states it is still be investigated if it has any connections to BD's case. And yes I did try to see the "pinky fingers" of this suspect.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2010/jul/29/man-arre-ar-355157/

Thanks for the article. Very good sign that she is positive this is one of the guys. Sounds very good that more information should come out. It is great to hear that there are leads still coming in. I didn't realize that this guy's family was suspected of crimes also. Very scary to think about that. Who knows what these guys have been up to for maybe years. I read that his brother was charged with the murder of Shannon McConaughey in 1998, but that he was not convicted.

Crossing our fingers, toes and everything else that we get some answers, or at least leads, tomorrow...

LLLindsay Thank You for bringing up Brandy to the forum on page 7 # 165. Notice any Similarities . There are several . Even in the case of Crystal Soles . These girls all disappeared with out a trace no one seeing anything. There was a Van parked in front of Brandy's apartment that night . What if ....these guys got all of these girls , they are all so similar. They were all involved with Shannon McConaughey. One of them Harry James Rivers lived in the area at one time 3 Blocks from where Brandy lived at 2050 PINE FIELD CT 615 N CHAS , SC 29405 . If One of them lived there i'm sure they were all familiar with the area. Brandy has been brought up along with Brittinee since ST has been arrested . I think they need to take some dogs out there to the Francis Marion Forest where they all live and then maybe we all shall have some answers. I've been reading these post for a while not sure if i intruded but thanks for listening .

Sorry to revive an old post. I am sure most have already read this article, but it really gets to me that these guys got off when one of them confessed to raping and murdering her. Our legal system is one of the best in the world, but this is one time it let us down I am afraid. What does it take to put someone away?:waitasec:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-75156502/murder-charges-dropped-officials.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo