Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking around on Google Maps "street view", starting at the Blue Water Hotel, and moving northward along Ocean Blvd, really made me realize how far the Bar Harbor is when a person is walking.
If she came out of the north doors of the Blue Water, there appear to be a bunch of hedges and maybe dumpsters in the immediate area. The doors are set halfway between the street and the beach. One thing that always worried me about this case and the way the pings are described as going up the street a little then leaving town rapidly, is that Ocean Blvd has so many parking garages along it. Looking at the "street view" on google maps and going up the street really shows you how many parking garages she would have been walking past and how close they are to the street. I hope they got video from these garages along her route / hope the garages had video.

Yes, it would probably be wrong to link directly to his page. That said, since you can see that the OP tagged DD in his status you can check out DD's FB page to see the comment on her wall. I just checked this out. Turns out, the OP is an ex-boyfriend of Brittanee's.

:twocents:

Am I looking at the wrong FB for DD? All I see are friends she's added, I see no posts.

I hope this works. I generated a possible route via car to Murrells Inlet, where there are a few marinas. This definitely hits home to me as I used to work at Wahoos there which is right on the marina. My heart is racing as I type this as I can actually picture all of it going down now.

Tell me how possible this scenario is. I might not have the timeline right though.

The men, who were yelling at Britt at club Kryptonite, talk to the other girls that she is with. They find out where they are staying (common question when meeting someone at a club in myrtle beach). The next night (?) they contact the girls (maybe they exchanged #'s?) and ask if they could see Brittanee. The girls tell them shes not there, but they could possibly get her to come back. Thats when the girls ask her to bring back her pair of shorts.

According to google maps, walking it would take 27 minutes to get back to Bar Harbour. Brittanees last text was at 8:58 (ish) and that was about 13 minutes after the cameras caught her leaving the Blue Water resort at 8:45 (ish). She would have been about halfway back and around 9th Ave S which is more of a "main" avenue to get to Bypass 17 (not to be confused with Business 17) which is a lot quicker than driving down Ocean Blvd or Business 17 (Kings Hwy) since there would be a ton of traffic and she could have hopped out or signalled to someone that she wasnt ok. Maybe they took her phone from her and/or drugged her? The car would have stayed in Myrtle Beach but headed west for about 10 minutes or so considering traffic, then south to Surfside within about 8-10 minutes. They would reach Murrells Inlet about 8-10 more minutes or so after that.

After that, they could have gotten her on a boat and headed to Georgetown via water and possibly to another marina? Or just taken her out in the water and later returned to the same marina?

Is it possible that one of the men in the club was Moody? You would think that since its such a sketchy, filthy club that it would attract a RSO to lurk. Its dark and loud in there and crawling with high school spring breakers, too.

Seagull, you are right about all the parking garages, too. There are a ton of them.

And I can just hear his voice, "Youre too small to be out here alone"....

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...bz6IgAw&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1,2&z=13

Few things:

1) Check out the brothers who owned that club. Shady Shady. Being sued currently by a famous chef for failing to pay. Lots of sketchy info. One brother is in Vegas now.

2) Checked that blog site again and all those Facebook comments have been posted in the comments section! JAW DROPPING!! Can't believe people who were supposed to be BD friends could write such things!!

http://missingvoices-factreport.blogspot.com/2012/04/brittanee-drexel-case-approaching-three.html

time for more bumps. it's been a week with no posts.
i'm hoping some news comes from whats been said up in rochester.

i've never felt strongly one way or the other that anyone from rochester is involved. on one hand it seems like SOMEONE would have ratted someone else out at this point. i get the feeling this crowd is full of gossipers.

on the other hand, they are acting out of character vs. people close to other missing persons cases. i don't know if that can all be entirely chalked up to arrogance and egos or not.

the jury is still out for me, but i'm intrigued by what has been said (and not said) lately.

even though it's a long time now, I wish they'd take cadaver dogs into the two hotel rooms, the grounds of those hotels (dumpsters etc),the surrounding parking garages, and generally around there, the Kryptonite cluband nearby marinas etc. And all the vehicles of the friends who were on the trip, etc. Just to rule all these out. I was just in MB again last week (taking my son to MagiQuest :) ) . Driving up from Charleston I was paying closer attention to where the various landmarks are. I never noticed pole yard road before this case. We have stopped at that country store that's across the highway and up a little ways for an ice cream and to get farm fresh eggs before. I had no idea Pole Yard Road was right there. Seems like the Georgetown airport isn't too far away, etc. I'm not making any points here, just talking about the various landmarks, excuse me rambling.

were cadaver dogs used at Sunset Lodge I wonder? I don't remember ever reading anything to that effect. I remember they took drywall and stuff out of RM's room, but never heard if they found any evidence.

I seem to remember one of the local posters talking about being a member of a marina on the river near where Brittanee's phone last pinged. This was in a much earlier thread, and I think there was some discussion of how easy or difficult it was for someone to take their boat in & out...

Does anyone else remember this, or has my fatigue gotten the best of me?

If anyone can dig this up or remembers it; I would love to see it!! :tyou:

were cadaver dogs used at Sunset Lodge I wonder? I don't remember ever reading anything to that effect. I remember they took drywall and stuff out of RM's room, but never heard if they found any evidence.

There are many instances this is not annouced publicly when it has indeed occurred in various cases.

I seem to remember one of the local posters talking about being a member of a marina on the river near where Brittanee's phone last pinged. This was in a much earlier thread, and I think there was some discussion of how easy or difficult it was for someone to take their boat in & out...

Does anyone else remember this, or has my fatigue gotten the best of me?

Was it the same person who talked to the people who found the sunglasses on the river bank?

Was it the same person who talked to the people who found the sunglasses on the river bank?

I'm not certain, it was so long ago (geez, it's so sad that I can say that in this case). It was around that time frame though. I seem to recall that it was a female poster who went boating with her husband? Not at all certain on that, the only thing that I'm 100% on is that the poster went into great detail about what the river marinas are like, and how easy/hard it would be to slip out of them unnoticed.

I'd go & look for the posts myself, but I'm trying to juggle too many things right at the moment. Sorry I can't be more helpful.:blushing:

There are many instances this is not annouced publicly when it has indeed occurred in various cases.

From what I'm aware, it is very rare for LE to make public their use of dogs in the course of investigations. Usually when they do announce it, it's when the media finds out anyway, or when they are trying to reassure the public (usually during searches).

So, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have used dogs in many areas of this investigation that we aren't privy to.

All JMO

I hope everyone has had a good holiday weekend! I haven't been on here in a good while, but I've just thought of a few more things to bring up.

I'm sure everyone can recall the attempted sexual assaults that happened in MB just 3 weeks before Brittanee's disappearance; I've searched, and searched over and over, but I haven't been able to find any articles stating whether they arrested anyone in connection with that or not.. I'm assuming they haven't? Which is really scary.. My Fiance' & I go to MB every two years for vacation- we're going this year, last week of June. I was reading up on those old articles, and saw the names of the hotels. Ironically, it's the same hotel we're staying at...... I'm not worried about myself or anything, because we always stay together, and I'm way older than the girls he tried to get (they were only 12 and 14 yrs old)... but still, if there hasn't been an arrest, the fact that whoever it is could just be walking around there freely and no one would know it is absolutely terrifying. The last time we went to MB we stayed in an awful hotel, it was actually a sister location to the Bar Harbour hotel where Brittanee stayed. I chose Captain's Quarters resort for this year because the prices were fantastic for the rooms you're getting. & They've got so many activities, like 11 pools, a bowling alley, just a lot of stuff. However, it's been named the most kid-friendly resort in all of MB, which is probably why that guy chose to go there. The attempted assault on the 12 year old happened at Hotel Blue, which is a sister location to Captain's Quarters- in addition to all of the amenities at CQ, you are offered the opportunity to go to Hotel Blue and use their pools/other amenities as well.

Second- I'm unsure of whether I found this link on here, or on another forum, so sorry if it's been posted already!
http://attorneyselwa.blogspot.com/2012/02/when-cases-become-personal.html
I have been reading this law blog that is ran by an attorney from MB, and he actually wrote an entry about Brittanee's case titled "When cases become personal- Brittanee Drexel". He states that he was an assistant solicitor in Georgetown, SC. He was assigned a case against a RSO- he learns the RSO was once charged with rape/kidnapping when he abducted a child from a playground in California. After the man was released, he moved to Georgetown. Supposedly, this attorneys client came into contact with the same RSO in a local gas station bathroom, in which the RSO proceeded to expose himself to the attorney's client.
Here is a small snippet from the article-
How does this connect to the Brittanee Drexel case? Well, I left the solicitor's office in early 2008 before the case was dealt with and don't know how that case turned out but lets put it this way...I tend to remember certain names. I have not verified this information nor do I want to. I am not even sure if these are the same indivdual, but if the person of interest fits these facts, they were one and the same person. I must add my disclaimer so please note that no one has been arrested for this disappearance and everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Nevertheless, I can't help but think "what if".

So, he's never confirmed as to whether or not the RSO he was dealing with is actually the prime POI in Britt's case, RM.. but he hands out numerous hints that makes us believe it is.

That RSO re-offended by exposing himself to another male in the bathroom. The two girls from the hotels in MB also stated a man "followed them into the elevator", and then exposed himself before trying to force himself on them. There has been a sketch released in those cases, and the girls described this man as late 20's-early/mid 30's, receding hairline (little to no hair), and having green/hazel eyes. Many people have said that the sketch released shows striking similarities to RM.. I'm not good at recognizing things like that, so I really have no idea of whether it could be him or not. Also throwing in the fact that RM has very distinguished blue eyes, not hazel/green.

Third, I was doing some more research, and came across a FB page of a woman who I assume is currently dating, or once dated RM at one point. She's got recent pictures (June/July 2011) of the two of them together, and a few of RM by himself. She's also got multiple photo albums which show RM being around children that are family members..............................WHAT?! Come on, people!
Upon looking at the rest of her pictures, I've come to realize I never truly noticed how big he is... I mean, in his mugshots he looks just like an old, perverted man with no hair. In these pictures she's got, his size is ridiculous.. Brittanee would have never even had a chance of getting away from him (if he's the one that got her, of course).

I know it would be inappropriate to link directly to her FB page, but here are links to some of the pics I came across-
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/385030_192013917560716_558079052_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/390845_192011737560934_2041820657_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/269112_111041248991317_100002563265235_90989_3004798_n.jpg

I'm going to assume that this is RM's bike- her caption is referring to Bike Week in MB, and says "The bike we rode in on"
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/261915_111043502324425_2946898_n.jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282609_111043978991044_7358047_n.jpg

he's just scary. I was a bit thrown off however- As I was looking at her page, she actually posted a link to an article saying "Sex Offender Eyed In Cold Case", and the article mentioned RM, and had pictures of him, but she just posted it.. didn't have any kind of comment or anything. It was posted back in February, so maybe they aren't together anymore? I'm wondering if she even knew he was a convicted RSO, and a level three offender. I don't know if it's even possible for her to NOT know about what he's done in the past. Maybe she knows something about Brittanee? I doubt it... but one can wish, I guess.

WoW I think you may have won a award for the Websleuths Longest Post.. lol

353.jpg

344-1.jpg

345-1.jpg

366.jpg

One thing I've noticed in mugshots and photo provided by Christina691 is the Affliction t-shirts he wears. In the mugshots you can see the top of the pattern of the Affliction t-shirt. Affliction is a clothing company that makes MMA (mixed martial arts) attire. It makes we wonder if he has taken some jiu-jitsu classes. Obviously he lifts weights or takes steroids or both.

353.jpg

344-1.jpg

345-1.jpg

366.jpg

One thing I've noticed in mugshots and photo provided by Christina691 is the Affliction t-shirts he wears. In the mugshots you can see the top of the pattern of the Affliction t-shirt. Affliction is a clothing company that makes MMA (mixed martial arts) attire. It makes we wonder if he has taken some jiu-jitsu classes. Obviously he lifts weights or takes steroids or both.

If I was walking alone down the street at night and he was walking in my direction, I would DEFINITELY be looking for an open restaurant or convenience store I could duck into. Someplace with people and cameras. Eek! That orange-shirt picture makes him look like someone you don't want to mess with.

353.jpg

344-1.jpg

345-1.jpg

366.jpg

I don't know, it's a possibility! It's a popular brand though, a lot of the guys here who are early-mid 20's or so wear those shirts, even if they aren't into MMA. Same thing with the "Tapout" brand. Most of them just really like the designs of the shirts. You've got one thing right, though- he's either on some serious steroids, or he's doing some serious exercising.. I keep forgetting he was in prison for a while..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne