Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although 255 miles from Myrtle Beach, humain remains were found yesterday. My apologies if this is a repeat.

Bones Found In Wooded Area Off Groce Rd. In Greenville Co.

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 7:40 PM
Updated: Jan 24, 2014 5:06 AM

According to reports the sheriff’s office has not yet made a determination as to the cause of death, the identity of the remains or the period of time in which they were located in the area. Further testing will need to be done to in order to confirm such details. Authorities are also waiting on those same tests, to determine the gender.

more

http://www.wspa.com/story/24535557/...-co?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Has anyone heard anything about the most recent bone discovery?

Coroner Parks Evans identified the remains as those of Marcel Allen Davis of Greenville County. Evans said Davis was 25 years old when he was reported missing by his family.
BBM

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/24534802/gcso-remains-found-in-greenville-co

Ok I'll agree with you on the approximate 30 minute walk back to her hotel.
She is texting her bf on the way so I would expect the phone to be in her hand... but that would mean she would be distracted from possible danger as she walked. So she doesn't show up on the cams on the way back to her hotel which as you say would only be 10 to 15 minutes away. But she was texting for about 10 minutes so she must have been very close to that cam location. Knowing this fairly narrow time interval it's very likely that the same CAM captured the vehicle that she would have been in (assuming she was put into a vehicle). LE should be able to look at all of the vehicles passing from the time of her last outgoing text and for the following 10-15 minutes. They should have a list of vehicles(in chronological order) and perhaps the tags on them. That should not be a long list. Track down those vehicles and owners and where does that lead?

There are many side streets leading to Kings Hwy from the strip. many of them direct routes to the highway. She could have been grabbed easily between cams and snatched away if the person was smart enough. That said, they've never...as far as I've read, released anything as far as the results of the cam and the vehicles passing under it during that time frame. Curious to know the results of that vehicle check. And...if too grainy, has that footage been sent to the FBI to be digitally enhanced?

There are many side streets leading to Kings Hwy from the strip. many of them direct routes to the highway. She could have been grabbed easily between cams and snatched away if the person was smart enough. That said, they've never...as far as I've read, released anything as far as the results of the cam and the vehicles passing under it during that time frame. Curious to know the results of that vehicle check. And...if too grainy, has that footage been sent to the FBI to be digitally enhanced?

I wonder if it was pure luck or by design that she was picked up between cameras?

I wonder if it was pure luck or by design that she was picked up between cameras?

You would think in a place as populated as myrtle beach that it would be impossible to not be caught on camera somehow. It's really hard to believe. Did they look at the nearest cams for type of cars that went by in that time span?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my inexperienced perspective, I'd say that is key in this case. I've always been prone to suspect the 'friends' but I doubt they'd plan that far ahead. But that's just me.

I always wondered, how busy is that street at that time? How is it possible no one saw anything? No scream, no struggle, just poof?

Then there is the point of the cell phone. Why was it left on for so long? How wouldn't the perp notice it right away and turn it off or dispose of it?? Makes me wonder if it was in her purse at the time.

Makes me think there were multiple perps involved, 1-2 to hold her down while the other drives.

I'm thinking this case will never be solved. This was a very calculated act and her body was likely dumped in gator infested waters or buried in one of the numerous rural areas out there.They knew exactly what to do and how to get rid of her.

Terribly sad.

I always wondered, how busy is that street at that time? How is it possible no one saw anything? No scream, no struggle, just poof?

Then there is the point of the cell phone. Why was it left on for so long? How wouldn't the perp notice it right away and turn it off or dispose of it?? Makes me wonder if it was in her purse at the time.

Makes me think there were multiple perps involved, 1-2 to hold her down while the other drives.

I'm thinking this case will never be solved. This was a very calculated act and her body was likely dumped in gator infested waters or buried in one of the numerous rural areas out there.They knew exactly what to do and how to get rid of her.

Terribly sad.

This is what makes me think someone she knew was involved. I think she voluntarily got into the car. Nobody would think anything of that.

This is what makes me think someone she knew was involved. I think she voluntarily got into the car. Nobody would think anything of that.

I have to agree. Perhaps she met someone while she was out there. Nothing else seems to make much sense to me.

I have to agree. Perhaps she met someone while she was out there. Nothing else seems to make much sense to me.

Well I have someone in mind. I think it was PB (can we name him? He's an adult.) or someone PB introduced her too. I suppose someone with a gun could have frightened her into a car, but that seems very remote on a busy street.

I have heard Brittannee's case/name mentioned several times, but never got around to checking out the details (was consumed with other cases), but finally watched her DISAPPEARED episode last night.

Yikes. This is a truly disturbing case simply because she seemed to have walked out of that hotel and just disappeared into thin air! It was not that late at night (around 9pm I believe) when she vanished so I HAVE to think that somebody would have seen or heard something--this is a pretty busy area and it WAS spring break! How could nobody have seen her get into a car or being forced into a car?

Though the evidence is very slight, my initial impression was that it had to be someone she was familiar with. I know there are perps out there that allow themselves to take advantage of opportunity, but it just seems extremely lucky that is perp would be driving down this road (again, a busy road) at the same time Brittanee was walking and immediately think to stop and grab her from this very road. And if she was being followed, how would this perp even know how long she would be in the hotel she was visiting her friend in? Just doesn't make sense (at least to me). But then I think, who could it have been that she knew? She may have encountered an individual on the trip that is unknown. She did spend a lot of time by herself on this trip apparently.....

Strange, Strange case. Baffles my mind that there are no leads when she was taken in such a busy area.

I agree that she must have willingly got into a car. Along that section of Ocean Blvd. there is one lane going each direction with a bicycle path along the curb sides. I've been to MB many times and can't recall ever seeing cars parked or stopped in the bike lanes. And I also don't see them stopping in the middle of the driving lanes and pulling a girl in. If traffic was moving extremely slowly during Spring Break, she could have been called over and hopped in while the car was stopped or more likely the car was in one of the numerous parking lots, parking garages, driveways, etc. that are next to the sidewalk.

I agree that she must have willingly got into a car. Along that section of Ocean Blvd. there is one lane going each direction with a bicycle path along the curb sides. I've been to MB many times and can't recall ever seeing cars parked or stopped in the bike lanes. And I also don't see them stopping in the middle of the driving lanes and pulling a girl in. If traffic was moving extremely slowly during Spring Break, she could have been called over and hopped in while the car was stopped or more likely the car was in one of the numerous parking lots, parking garages, driveways, etc. that are next to the sidewalk.

Yes. I really do think she met someone down there, it makes the most sense. If she did get into the car willingly, how is it that not even one person noticed this? I'd say this scenario also makes more sense in regards to the cell phone. She puts the cell phone in her purse and hops in the car. She is likely subdued inside the car shortly after and the perps don't notice or think about the phone until later.

I'm confused about how LE has handled this investigation. I feel like they haven't taken different angles into how this could've happen. They did have a few POI's at one point that indicate to me they think this was one person and I'm almost positive this had to be multiple perps.

IMO they should've immediately attempted to build a very detailed timeline of where she was and what she was doing while she was there. Look at camera footage for the whole time she was there if you have to. Yes it's a monumental task, but I feel like there might be a clue or two somewhere in there if you dig deep enough. The case seems to be at a dead stop right now otherwise.

I probably shouldn't have done this, but I couldn't help myself. I'm planning on making a Youtube video about Britanee's disappearance. So I tweeted Peter Brozowitz;

@PeteyBroz Hey peter, what do you know about Brittanee's disappearance thet you won't talk about without your lawyer presnet?

I'll let you know if I get any response.

Not sure about PB. LE seems to have investigated him pretty thoroughly.

Any reasons in particular you think he might know more?

Not sure about PB. LE seems to have investigated him pretty thoroughly.

Any reasons in particular you think he might know more?

He lawyered up very quickly after coming back to Rochester. He hasn't spoken publicly about specific questions given him. He has shown no empathy. Look at the Dr. Phil episode. He's not showing any sympathy for the parents it's all about him.

I'd love to see him do a videotaped interview without his lawyer present and answer the hard questions. Why do you think he doesn't know anything?

ETA: He was the last person to see Brittanee, allegedly.

Yes. I really do think she met someone down there, it makes the most sense. If she did get into the car willingly, how is it that not even one person noticed this? I'd say this scenario also makes more sense in regards to the cell phone. She puts the cell phone in her purse and hops in the car. She is likely subdued inside the car shortly after and the perps don't notice or think about the phone until later.

I'm confused about how LE has handled this investigation. I feel like they haven't taken different angles into how this could've happen. They did have a few POI's at one point that indicate to me they think this was one person and I'm almost positive this had to be multiple perps.

IMO they should've immediately attempted to build a very detailed timeline of where she was and what she was doing while she was there. Look at camera footage for the whole time she was there if you have to. Yes it's a monumental task, but I feel like there might be a clue or two somewhere in there if you dig deep enough. The case seems to be at a dead stop right now otherwise.

Here's a timeline; http://answersforbrittaneedrexel.blogspot.com/

It starts at the bottom.

He lawyered up very quickly after coming back to Rochester. He hasn't spoken publicly about specific questions given him. He has shown no empathy. Look at the Dr. Phil episode. He's not showing any sympathy for the parents it's all about him.

I'd love to see him do a videotaped interview without his lawyer present and answer the hard questions. Why do you think he doesn't know anything?

ETA: He was the last person to see Brittanee, allegedly.

I thought he was said to have a solid alibi, didn't he? Just seems like LE had thoroughly investigated him but maybe we are missing something.

I thought he was said to have a solid alibi, didn't he? Just seems like LE had thoroughly investigated him but maybe we are missing something.

Nobody knows as far as I know. He left Myrtle Beach at 1am and headed back to Rochester with friends leaving stuff behind in his hotel room, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member