Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, originally I didn't think PB or any of the other people Brittanee was with in Myrtle Beach had anything to do with her disappearance, but why would PB need to get a lawyer if he knows he's innocent? I just don't get it. JMO and :twocents:

Agreed!!! Something is off with him ... He is a definite suspect in my mind ... JMO

I don't know what's new or been uncovered but I'm so glad they are still actively pursuing this case. Can't wait to see some new evidence (or remains) found. Her momma deserves to bring her home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has something new been brought up i havent heard anything and tried to search online only thing i found was they are conducting a new search this weekend but there was very little info on the article i found

Nothing new yet but they said they are searching private property this weekend (which makes me wonder whose property it is)

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/25478073/police-in-sc-to-search-again-for-missing-ny-woman

The area being searched in Georgetown County is near where Drexel's cellphone sent its last signal five years ago

Interesting, imo.

Thanks for the link, Rochestergirl! I pray they find the link to give them answers this weekend.

I think the cab driver could be a real possibility even if not that particular guy but he seems like a great suspect

I think the cab driver could be a real possibility even if not that particular guy but he seems like a great suspect

Yeah I don't think that theory was ever discussed but it would explain alot. Alot of people have said they don't know how no one could have seen her being forced into a vehicle. At the time of the abduction her boyfriend and friend and family members said Britt would have fought back.

Absolutely heartbreaking case. Hopefully the latest search will yield some clue.

BD must have gotten into a car shortly after she saw PB. The fact that she didn't return her boyfriends text messages indicate something was wrong. If she was with a friend or acquaintance she could/would have returned his messages, and I really doubt a kid from Rochester could dispose of a body. Someone like RM getting to her makes total sense. How this guy stays under the radar so long is beyond me. Has RM been cleared?

On the Missing show, it said it would only take 6 hours for a body to be eaten. Sadly, that may be the case.

The only other thing I wonder is maybe there was some kind drug overdose or drug related? What kind of drugs did these kids do?

This is such a sad case. Been thinking about all the possibles of what could have happened.

If her friends ditched her so they could go off and party more by themselves , then I could see her being lonely and depressed. She was so vulnerable at that point if that is what happened.

I wonder if she began crying outside on the streets and some opportunist perp befriended her and offered her to come to his place to party and cheer her up.

Once inside, then he basically had 1 thing on his mind and when she objected he killed her for sex. Then just somehow loaded her up and took her to the dumping grounds where cell phone pinged.

I think the guy is local for sure. Someone who knew that area where cell phone pinged.

I didn't pick up that she was depressed to that extent. I thought she was more annoyed and angry that she had to return the shorts to her friend, which as I understood it was the only reason she was walking alone in that area at the specific time she went missing.

I believe it was said that she was in communication with her boyfriend and that they were texting back and forth when she went missing. This would mean she was texting as walking and I think this makes it unlikely that she was crying. I remember her boyfriend saying in an interview that he was sure very quickly that something was badly wrong as Brittanee was replying pretty much straight away to him by text. My fear is that Brittanee might have been distracted from what was going on around her because she was typing a text to her boyfriend, its easy to watch someone who is distracted. Looking at the specific area she was walking in it does seem possible to me someone could have quickly snatched her as she is a small girl and was likely distracted by her phone. There are also quite a few shadowy side streets that lead off from the road she was walking down, ideal places to hide, watch and spring out from.

I totally agree that it would have to be someone local who knows the area well. Abduction is so risky in such a busy area and I think Brittanee was stalked and this was planned by someone who knew exactly which routes to take. The cell phone pings are the best and sadly the only real lead and I hope they yet lead to something. I wonder if further scrutiny of vehicles on camera in the area might lead to something? A painstaking process but it was part of what led to Levi Bellfield being linked with Amanda Dowler in the end.

I didn't pick up that she was depressed to that extent. I thought she was more annoyed and angry that she had to return the shorts to her friend, which as I understood it was the only reason she was walking alone in that area at the specific time she went missing.

I believe it was said that she was in communication with her boyfriend and that they were texting back and forth when she went missing. This would mean she was texting as walking and I think this makes it unlikely that she was crying. I remember her boyfriend saying in an interview that he was sure very quickly that something was badly wrong as Brittanee was replying pretty much straight away to him by text. My fear is that Brittanee might have been distracted from what was going on around her because she was typing a text to her boyfriend, its easy to watch someone who is distracted. Looking at the specific area she was walking in it does seem possible to me someone could have quickly snatched her as she is a small girl and was likely distracted by her phone. There are also quite a few shadowy side streets that lead off from the road she was walking down, ideal places to hide, watch and spring out from.

I totally agree that it would have to be someone local who knows the area well. Abduction is so risky in such a busy area and I think Brittanee was stalked and this was planned by someone who knew exactly which routes to take. The cell phone pings are the best and sadly the only real lead and I hope they yet lead to something. I wonder if further scrutiny of vehicles on camera in the area might lead to something? A painstaking process but it was part of what led to Levi Bellfield being linked with Amanda Dowler in the end.

I've always wondered how deep into the woods Brittanee was taken/hidden. If a person could be eaten within 6 hours, and it was Spring the wildlife was active. Wouldn't the Perp have been at-risk of being injured/killed?

there is just something nagging about this case to me... like there is some little details that we dont know or have over looked that would shed more light on it idk i just feel like there has to be something that has been missed jmo... still hoping and praying for britt i agree with you about the woods rochestergirl so if she was taken there then the person would have to have been pretty confident that they would not be injured or could defend themselves if need be or just truly is so insane that it never crossed their mind?

to add to my previous thought are there any type of jobs there where ppl would be in this environment on a regular basis or anything like that? or maybe someone who frequently hunts?

I don't think Brittanee would get into a car with a complete stranger. I think she knew the person(s), even if just a little bit. I don't think it was planned but I don't think it was random either, I think someone saw an opportunity and took it. Could certainly be wrong about that though.

As others have mentioned, it was likely someone local to the area. Someone that knew where they could take her to commit the act and get rid of her quickly. I think the distance from MB they drove shows they had confidence in what they were doing.

The tough part is although the police may be able to narrow down the search area based on cell phone pings, it could be where they got rid of the phone. If they drove many miles after that it makes the search effort enormously difficult. I feel this is another case of someone coming forward with new information for anything to break.

The body of Kelli Bordeaux was found today and an arrest was made in her case. LE arrested Nicholas Holbert, a RSO who is thought to have given Kelli a ride home from a bar the night she disappeared. NH was named as a POI sometime ago.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/675...er-remains-of-kelli-bordeaux-found-on-may-14/

Some people wanted to point fingers at Kelli's husband or others or say that NH would have been arrested some time ago had he been her killer. Even the fact that LE named NH as a POI and that he was a RSO didn't seem to convince people.

Today's arrest in Kelli's case just convinces me more that Moody is likely the one responsible for Brittanne's disappearance. He was in the area when she disappeared; her phone last pinged near his home. He's been named a POI and is a RSO who served over 20 years for rape.
I trust LE. I think he's the guy. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ls-disappearance-past-victim-person-interest/

I think other scenarios - being put into human trafficking, etc - that would have to do with BD's "so-called friends" may be easier to believe because they may end with a live BD, where as if Moody is the perp, it seems more likely BD is deceased.

I want BD to be found alive. But I think Moody killed her. (And her friends are just terrible people who were also likely afraid they'd get charged with aiding the delinquency of a minor or something.)

I don't think Brittanee would get into a car with a complete stranger. I think she knew the person(s), even if just a little bit. I don't think it was planned but I don't think it was random either, I think someone saw an opportunity and took it. Could certainly be wrong about that though.

As others have mentioned, it was likely someone local to the area. Someone that knew where they could take her to commit the act and get rid of her quickly. I think the distance from MB they drove shows they had confidence in what they were doing.

The tough part is although the police may be able to narrow down the search area based on cell phone pings, it could be where they got rid of the phone. If they drove many miles after that it makes the search effort enormously difficult. I feel this is another case of someone coming forward with new information for anything to break.

Perhaps she would if she was forced to at gunpoint?

I wonder what new technologies has been able to find? Hmmm wonder if the cell phone is still out there somewhere. I think someone said (a page or so back there was police presence) near where the other searches were for Britt. I'm gonna go back and check.

A search for Brittanee happened in Georgetown County in March 2014. Myrtle Beach Police would not elaborate on what information led them there other than to say it was new cell phone data collected through technology improvements.
Now, Capt. David Knipes of Myrtle Beach Police confirms that officers will be conducting another search related to the Drexel case in Georgetown/Charleston Counties this weekend.

I would guess the technological improvements would be with the data that was collected by the ping. Possibly more accurate way to calculate distance from phone to tower or direction from tower to phone. I think finding the phone even if in different location than BD would be imperative. BD might have taken a photo or 2 of vehicle or perp before she lost control of it.

I would guess the technological improvements would be with the data that was collected by the ping. Possibly more accurate way to calculate distance from phone to tower or direction from tower to phone. I think finding the phone even if in different location than BD would be imperative. BD might have taken a photo or 2 of vehicle or perp before she lost control of it.

I wonder if they have been able to remotely charge a phone 5 years later. Wouldn't that solve alot of missing persons cases...one day I bet that could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member