Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Brittanee would get into a car with a complete stranger. I think she knew the person(s), even if just a little bit. I don't think it was planned but I don't think it was random either, I think someone saw an opportunity and took it. Could certainly be wrong about that though.

As others have mentioned, it was likely someone local to the area. Someone that knew where they could take her to commit the act and get rid of her quickly. I think the distance from MB they drove shows they had confidence in what they were doing.

The tough part is although the police may be able to narrow down the search area based on cell phone pings, it could be where they got rid of the phone. If they drove many miles after that it makes the search effort enormously difficult. I feel this is another case of someone coming forward with new information for anything to break.

BBM What does this mean? The distance that who drove?

Brittanee's case was featured in an article about the CUE's Roadside Rally.

"It's been five years." said Myrissa Drexel, "it's been way too long. She needs to come home." Drexel's been searching for her sister, Britnee, for five years. She shares her story with other families and encourages them to stay strong.

"Hope is key," said Drexel , "you've got to be strong. Don't ever give up."

Snipped from:
http://m.wect.com/#!/newsDetail/25609473

None of these "friends" were the same age or in the same school with Brittanee. IIRC they'd all graduated prior to the trip, some were graduating from a 2 or 4 yr college at the time as well.
Also the tagging that you're referring to-the permissions-that didn't exist in 2009, I could tag anything/anyone in a phot with a name or sentence. Many of the "friends" photos had people tagged multiple times with their FB name & a nickname as well. IMO she wasn't tagged because of the comments that were taking place on the photos & I don't believe she had FB at that point, just MySpace.
Also, Peter Brozowitz did/does have money-google him, you'll find all his old internet scams. Check out his social media, he's not poor & it's not daddy's money.
Question is why drop so much on a high profile(for Rochester) defense lawyer BEFORE your labeled a POI if you've done nothing wrong?

Were the girls Brittanee went to Myrtle Beach with currently going to the same school as Brittanee at the time of her disappearance? It sounds like a lot or all of the girls were eighteen-years-old, but most people do turn eighteen-years-old during their senior year of high school. Something I would like to point out is that Brittanee was not tagged in the girls' Facebook photos from Myrtle Beach due to Brittanee perhaps having being tagged in photos set to having her approval first and since she is likely deceased or being held captive she couldn't of approved of being tagged. I have photos set up that way on Facebook so that I can keep realoy bad photos others took of me from showing up on my profile if that makes any sense. However I etill have my suspicions on the girls. This could totally be another Skylar Neese situation. Still not ruling out stranter abduction or Peter Broswick. I do wonder that if Peter Broswick did have something to do with Brittanee's disappearance then perhaps since Brittanee was hanging with the guys a little more to get away from the girls' unkindness towards her that Peter Broswick decided to take advantage of Brittanee while she was feeling vulnerable. Perhaps got her alone and did something. Unless Peter Broswick can easily afford it, I have no idea why he went out of the way to hire a lawyer if he isn't guilty. JMO and :twocents:

I agree with Caring4Many also from what I remember of those pics not only did they not tag her they were making fun of the situation. Like "who is that in the background" and others saying "who don't know who your talking about". It was like even though Brittanee was in the pictures she know longer existed or could be seen by them. Sort of like an inside joke.

I agree with Caring4Many also from what I remember of those pics not only did they not tag her they were making fun of the situation. Like "who is that in the background" and others saying "who don't know who your talking about". It was like even though Brittanee was in the pictures she know longer existed or could be seen by them. Sort of like an inside joke.

Was this before or after she went missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of these "friends" were the same age or in the same school with Brittanee. IIRC they'd all graduated prior to the trip, some were graduating from a 2 or 4 yr college at the time as well.
Also the tagging that you're referring to-the permissions-that didn't exist in 2009, I could tag anything/anyone in a phot with a name or sentence. Many of the "friends" photos had people tagged multiple times with their FB name & a nickname as well. IMO she wasn't tagged because of the comments that were taking place on the photos & I don't believe she had FB at that point, just MySpace.
Also, Peter Brozowitz did/does have money-google him, you'll find all his old internet scams. Check out his social media, he's not poor & it's not daddy's money.
Question is why drop so much on a high profile(for Rochester) defense lawyer BEFORE your labeled a POI if you've done nothing wrong?

I'm not defending the guy but Peter B was never named a POI by law enforcement only Moody has been named as a POI.

I'm not defending the guy but Peter B was never named a POI by law enforcement only Moody has been named as a POI.

Actually in the first few days there were media articles stating MBPD were calling him a POI. I believe it was reworded to "person they were interested in speaking to" or something to that effect. But it was published that way in many articles. Now they just say that nobody has been eliminated. I do agree though that Moody is the only one remaining as highlighted by LE. My only point in my original statement was that he obtained a lawyer before the MBPD made any statements regarding him at all.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1696560/brittanee_drexel_is_missing_unconfirmed.html?cat=17

Another interesting article (note AL's statement & use of past tense):
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...ad-her-mind-set-on-myrtle-beach-spring-break/

(I'm sure this has been posted here before)

I have gone back and fourth in my head with so many possible sanerios and the one thing that I ALWAYS come back to is the "friends" there is nothing IMO that would explain the way they have acted other then them being involved in some fashion... At minimum knowing more then what they claim... The odds of none of them having any form of sympathy or concern for her to me screams cover up ,or scared of something/someone which again means they have info .... It's sad that so many little cowards hold the key and refuse to give it to anyone. I wish LE would leanhard on them ... Start with some contributing to a minor charges and I bet mouths start running real fast!!!! These are just my thoughts but seriously if any of her "friends" from this trip read on here do the right thing ...remember karma has no time limit and some of you may be parents one day or even possibly already are.... I would hate to know that something like this could come back to haunt you one day just saying

And just to add to my previous thought ....the truth almost always comes out and more often then not the one to talks first usually gets the best deal .... Do they all really think they will ALL stay quite forever???? Very unlikely .... Praying for brittanee and these pathetic souls that can't be decent humans and help bring her home .... There are special places in hell for those type and looks like a bus load will be there one day.... Ok rant over sorry just frustrated

I have always thought that BD knew her attacker or attackers. The thing that bothers me the most, is the young man who left in the middle of the night to drive home all the way to NY alone, and I believe without his belongings. Sounds to me like he was upset over something bad that had happened. I have also wondered about the tape showing BD leaving that motel. I wonder if they even checked that tape to see if any of the young men left shortly after. Then it seemed as if no one even cared about what was happening and the way they acted so rude to BD mother was even more disturbing. I believe the guilty persons to be her so called friends. They know so much more than they are telling.

I have no idea if she knew her attacker or not obviously. If I had to guess, my money is at most she might have recognized his face from some other point on the trip. I know a lot of others were worked up about the friend as well. Personally, him AND the rest of the guys leaving when they did doesn't bother me at all. I've made more than my fair share of such trips, even ill advised ones after I'd been drinking when I was younger. They had planned to leave in the middle of the night and simply left a couple hours early. I think leaving the belongings was a rumor. I do believe he left without the deposit, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that isn't something that's just refunded on a card.

No doubt these kids had no class and were ignorant. I don't think that makes them guilty of murder though. A phone call expressing their condolences and hoping all turns out right would have been nice to see. I will also remind you that we don't know what they are telling. We only know what is being made public. Definitely not kids I would want my own hanging out with, but I don't think much of anything else points to them, including LE. I could be wrong and often am. Ask my wife.

This is the case that led to me joining WS. Something about it struck me hard. I've spent the last few days, since joining, catching up with every thread pertaining. (Would be a great idea to try to get a "Known Facts" page about each MP)
I still think it's horrible that the amount of help offered by the girls she went with amounts to a phone call with police. My opinion, until something changes it, is that the girls have info that would solve the case. Hope they turn on each other soon.......or at least grow up and develop empathy.

I think a known facts page is a great idea. Quite honestly...there wouldn't be a whole lot to it. There's been a lot of good sleuthing and surmising over the years, but known facts? Very scant. I've been keeping notes and for one entire thread (that's 25+ pages) I had ZERO notes written.

My guess is that when they get older they will understand the error of their ways and how cruel and cold they reacted, but I don't know if I'd ever expect any of them to do anything about it. Like I said, the least they could have done was call the Drexel's to express their concern, sorrow and extend their thoughts/prayers.

My biggest question, regarding an abduction by someone unknown to her, is that the traffic was extremely heavy (both foot and vehicle) that evening (judging by experience that time of year and the video surveillance footage). I dont doubt that it COULD be possible for her to have been abducted like this without anybody really paying notice, but would the perp be so extremely foolish when there are dozens of other locales nearby with less probability of being seen?

Quite honestly, in reading back through the threads, it seems like it was a much too common occurrence in MB. Oftentimes in broad daylight too. No disrespect to our friends from MB, because I'm sure most spring break destinations have similar problems, but I've decided my teen age daughter isn't going on spring break because of this case and the cases attached to it. My guess is that it was what we see way too often. A sick, perverted psycho who was out prowling and saw an opportunity arise. A gap in traffic. A girl all alone. A parking lot after dark. All he had to do was draw her near asking for directions, hit her once to knock her out and be gone.

Were the girls Brittanee went to Myrtle Beach with currently going to the same school as Brittanee at the time of her disappearance? It sounds like a lot or all of the girls were eighteen-years-old, but most people do turn eighteen-years-old during their senior year of high school. Something I would like to point out is that Brittanee was not tagged in the girls' Facebook photos from Myrtle Beach due to Brittanee perhaps having being tagged in photos set to having her approval first and since she is likely deceased or being held captive she couldn't of approved of being tagged. I have photos set up that way on Facebook so that I can keep realoy bad photos others took of me from showing up on my profile if that makes any sense. However I etill have my suspicions on the girls. This could totally be another Skylar Neese situation. Still not ruling out stranter abduction or Peter Broswick. I do wonder that if Peter Broswick did have something to do with Brittanee's disappearance then perhaps since Brittanee was hanging with the guys a little more to get away from the girls' unkindness towards her that Peter Broswick decided to take advantage of Brittanee while she was feeling vulnerable. Perhaps got her alone and did something. Unless Peter Broswick can easily afford it, I have no idea why he went out of the way to hire a lawyer if he isn't guilty. JMO and :twocents:

I never understood all the hubbub about tagging pictures on FB or whether or not Brittanee's name was on them. I imagine these girls were acquaintances and not friends of hers and she more or less tagged along on the trip to get away. I just don't know what her name being tagged or not proves either way. If she would have been tagged, would that have cleared them of wrong doing? I suspect not. Same holds true the other way.

I just don't see PB involved either. LE has all but said he is cleared (and they might have even said that). I know a few crass words I'd call him, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I'm sure LE has checked both him and the girls out thoroughly and yet everything has pointed south, not north. I'm sure their own cell phones were tracked to see if they went south. I'm sure video was watched to see if they followed. I'm sure times were checked when they arrived home. I think it actually would have been fairly easy for LE to rule the guys and the girls out, we just don't know exactly what they did to do so.

As for an attorney, I'd be fairly certain his parents arranged that. I guarantee you, my kid goes and talks to the police, even about a speeding ticket, he or she is going with a lawyer. They'd cooperate...but they'd have a lawyer walking them through it. Talking to the police can be a terrifying ordeal for someone, even if you are innocent. Knowing you have a lawyer present to help can help alleviate the nerves if nothing else. I know the rap lawyers get, but if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, I would strongly suggest you consider bringing a lawyer with you as well. It doesn't mean you're not cooperating. It just means you have someone there with you that's familiar with what's going on and knows your rights as well should LE start to over step their boundaries.

BBM What does this mean? The distance that who drove?

Don't mean to speak for others, but I'm assuming he/she is saying the abductor was confident in what they were doing, where they were going, was familiar with where they were going.

No doubt without any class if those things were said. If they were my kids, I'd be kicking their backsides. But at the same time, I'd suggest that is not behavior of murderers. It would be pretty stupid to draw attention to themselves by making such comments.

Actually in the first few days there were media articles stating MBPD were calling him a POI. I believe it was reworded to "person they were interested in speaking to" or something to that effect. But it was published that way in many articles. Now they just say that nobody has been eliminated. I do agree though that Moody is the only one remaining as highlighted by LE. My only point in my original statement was that he obtained a lawyer before the MBPD made any statements regarding him at all.

RSBM - Maybe before MBPD made any PUBLIC statements about him. I would venture a guess that LE had gotten word to him or family or friends that they needed to talk to him, even if he wasn't named in public. Even if not, if my kid was the last person known to be with someone who went missing, you are damn right they are going to have a lawyer with them when they go talk to LE and cooperate with them. And yes, especially if they are innocent.

Reedus23-have you ever followed any of the statements made by Brittanees mother, or her posts on social media? A lot can be learned about what actually took place by things she says.

Quite honestly, in reading back through the threads, it seems like it was a much too common occurrence in MB. Oftentimes in broad daylight too. No disrespect to our friends from MB, because I'm sure most spring break destinations have similar problems, but I've decided my teen age daughter isn't going on spring break because of this case and the cases attached to it. My guess is that it was what we see way too often. A sick, perverted psycho who was out prowling and saw an opportunity arise. A gap in traffic. A girl all alone. A parking lot after dark. All he had to do was draw her near asking for directions, hit her once to knock her out and be gone.

& Don't forget her eye issue, could make things easier for someone to catch her off guard.

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/...exels-family-receives-gift-from-organization/

I've made a video of Brittanee's case and I just now went to upload it and Youtube has cancelled both of my accounts. I waiting to find out why. I must have spent ten hours or more making this video and now I can't upload it. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14