Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cell phone is what makes this so odd. My thought is perhaps she did enter a vehicle with someone and was restrained after doing so. Buy why would the perp(s) wait over 2 hours to deal with the phone? I find it improbable that this was just a random case of abduction.

Could be someone related to the friends or any number of people that may have noticed her while she was there. It's also crazy that they took her in just the right place, where there were no cameras.

Its definitely odd that she disappeared between the cameras, is that just dumb luck for the person who took her or planned. I think if a professional took her, the cell phone would Gone immediately. Either the friends picked her up and she got in willingly or whoever abducted her figured she would be gone quickly enough that the phone didn't matter.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

I don't know, there are just so many potential scenarios

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

The cell phone is what makes this so odd. My thought is perhaps she did enter a vehicle with someone and was restrained after doing so. Buy why would the perp(s) wait over 2 hours to deal with the phone? I find it improbable that this was just a random case of abduction.

Could be someone related to the friends or any number of people that may have noticed her while she was there. It's also crazy that they took her in just the right place, where there were no cameras.

This is why I think the human trafficking option is still on the table. I just don't think a serial killer type would be that brazen. Too many possibilities of being seen by pedestrians, cars driving by, camera's etc.
But, let's say you are in the country illegally or on a fake passport, you would basically be underground and wouldn't b able to be located even if seen.
I think the perp that abducted her is a pro. Has done it many times before.
This theory does not rule out those who knew her. They likely weren't the ones who abducted her physically. But their involvement cannot be ruled out. JMO

Can anyone provide a verifiable example of a woman or girl just snatched off the street and forced into prostitution in the US in the last 50 years?

The hotel is right on the beach, and you can cut thru any of the hotels/parking garages/public access areas to get to the beach. Most hotels, especially like this one that allows high school/college age kids to rent a room have cameras all around, especially the pool deck, garage, lobby areas. She may have decided to walk back on the beach and not on the street. My personal opinion is she never made it back to her hotel, and was either forced into a car or accepted a ride from someone.
All MOO

I think that is probably the case. Even if she did continue walking somehow you would imagine she would have texted her boyfriend at least one more time in the time left to walk to the hotel.

I did not mean to insinuate the girls Brittanee traveled to Myrtle Beach with had anything to do with her disappearance. But asking for the shorts back was strange to me because of the time.

When I was younger I went to the club and told a friend I would meet them there at 9 pm. He looked at me and said, "Nobody will be there yet." So we met up later at least 10:30, 11 when people actually started filling up the club. Later I decided to meet someone else at the club but went early at 9 pm and just like my friend had said earlier there were barely any people there. If I remember correctly the other girl asked for the shorts back at about 8:30pm.

The point I am making is that if the shorts had been in this other girls bag and she put them on right away, where was she going? Maybe people fill the clubs earlier down in Myrtle Beach? I am guessing police asked this question and they were thoroughly eliminated as having anything to do with Brittanee's disappearance. That is the reason I thought about the friends Brittanee went down with.

Most likely this is a stranger abduction and the kidnapper probably did not think someone like the boyfriend would be so intuitive to know something was not right with Brittanee and contact others right away. Until someday someone can explain the cell phone you have to take it at face value: It was still on Brittanee and the kidnapper took her to somewhere around the area where it last pinged a cell phone tower.

Can anyone provide a verifiable example of a woman or girl just snatched off the street and forced into prostitution in the US in the last 50 years?

I actually saw a case of this broadcast on either C.I or the I.D channel about a year ago over here in the U.K. They repeat each individual program well over two dozen times on those channels.

Let me give a rough description. Maybe someone will recognize the case? The incident happened when a teen girl decided to hitch a ride with a male and one or two other women in a car, it was in the daytime. Instead of dropping the girl off she was taken from her neighbourhood and kept captive in a house under the threat of violence. The other two women actively acted as jailers to the girl. The african american male was a pimp to the other two women who lived in the house. I recall that the captive girl was raped and violence was used against her. It was clear that in time the girl was to prostitute for this pimp. I apologize for being fuzzy about the details but this young girl was literally snatched off the street and held against her will in a house which was in a suburb. Two other bits of information, she was at one point thrown down the stairs by her kidnapper and the pimp had longer dreads or long hair. Sorry it is all so vague but I do remember these details.

On the other hand not only did the plan in the above case fail I also realize how very rare this kind of situation is. Also of note is that in the case aforesaid the girl willingly got into the car. I find it hard to believe that being alone at night and away from home that Brittanee would willingly get in a strangers car - Drexel would literally have had to be snatched and in MOO this matches up with the very sudden cessation of texting with her boyfriend. For what its worth in the Drexel case I believe someone would have heard from her directly or we'd have credible eye witness reports if she had been involved in trafficking. The sheer amount of time passed makes me tend toward the very worst.

Too many to even list. Just google "kidnapped into prostitution". Literally hundreds, maybe thousands.

Of course for this to work in such a high profile case, she would have to have been immediately transported out of the country. JMO

Too many to even list. Just google "kidnapped into prostitution". Literally hundreds, maybe thousands.

Of course for this to work in such a high profile case, she would have to have been immediately transported out of the country. JMO

I am just not buying it. All the cases I saw on google where of girls and women who were already runaways/street people who were coerced or tricked into it. That does not mean it is not evil, but I cannot find a single case where a middle-class girl from a good home was abducted at random and forced into prostitution. For some reason though this is always an extremely popular theory on websleuths and I am baffled as to why. I am certainly not discounting it, but I cannot believe that all these missing women and girls were "highly likely" abducted and sold into white slavery and yet not one of them has been located, despite them coming into contact with several men a day.

There is simply no need for pimps to take this level of risk. There are loads or runaways and drug addicts out there who "willingly" work for them (a fiction obviously). They don't have to take the risk of kidnapping a girl like BD.

I am still waiting for just ONE example of a girl like BD, a middle class girl from a loving and supportive home who was just going about her business who was kidnapped by organized crime and forced into prostitution. There should be many examples since to so many here it is a real thing that totally happens. Again, I want to see just one.

I think that is probably the case. Even if she did continue walking somehow you would imagine she would have texted her boyfriend at least one more time in the time left to walk to the hotel.

I did not mean to insinuate the girls Brittanee traveled to Myrtle Beach with had anything to do with her disappearance. But asking for the shorts back was strange to me because of the time.

When I was younger I went to the club and told a friend I would meet them there at 9 pm. He looked at me and said, "Nobody will be there yet." So we met up later at least 10:30, 11 when people actually started filling up the club. Later I decided to meet someone else at the club but went early at 9 pm and just like my friend had said earlier there were barely any people there. If I remember correctly the other girl asked for the shorts back at about 8:30pm.

The point I am making is that if the shorts had been in this other girls bag and she put them on right away, where was she going? Maybe people fill the clubs earlier down in Myrtle Beach? I am guessing police asked this question and they were thoroughly eliminated as having anything to do with Brittanee's disappearance. That is the reason I thought about the friends Brittanee went down with.

Most likely this is a stranger abduction and the kidnapper probably did not think someone like the boyfriend would be so intuitive to know something was not right with Brittanee and contact others right away. Until someday someone can explain the cell phone you have to take it at face value: It was still on Brittanee and the kidnapper took her to somewhere around the area where it last pinged a cell phone tower.

Ocean Boulevard is swarming with all types of people who just stroll down the sidewalk people watching or wander in and out of the shops, etc. It's possible they planned to do something like that before they hit up the clubs?

I am just not buying it. All the cases I saw on google where of girls and women who were already runaways/street people who were coerced or tricked into it. That does not mean it is not evil, but I cannot find a single case where a middle-class girl from a good home was abducted at random and forced into prostitution. For some reason though this is always an extremely popular theory on websleuths and I am baffled as to why. I am certainly not discounting it, but I cannot believe that all these missing women and girls were "highly likely" abducted and sold into white slavery and yet not one of them has been located, despite them coming into contact with several men a day.

There is simply no need for pimps to take this level of risk. There are loads or runaways and drug addicts out there who "willingly" work for them (a fiction obviously). They don't have to take the risk of kidnapping a girl like BD.

I am still waiting for just ONE example of a girl like BD, a middle class girl from a loving and supportive home who was just going about her business who was kidnapped by organized crime and forced into prostitution. There should be many examples since to so many here it is a real thing that totally happens. Again, I want to see just one.

I also don't believe the trafficking theory; however I do want to clarify something you said. BD's home life at the time was in chaos. From the investigative discovery show it said BD had tried to kill her self with an overdoes a few months before. Her adoptive father and mother were divorcing. Rumors (nothing verifiable) have said some really nasty things happened during that time like CD (adoptive father) telling BD he was unadopting her. BD also reconnected with her bio dad right before her disappearance.

I have to say in the back of my mind I have always wondered about the bio-dad. Haven't heard much since the beginning and he lives in Florida.

Perhaps I should have been a little more clear. BD had a mother who clearly loved her and looked after her. She was living at home with her mom and brother and was going to school. I am contrasting her life to those lives of girls who wind up working as hookers. BD did not have that kind of life at all. Her family immediately went looking for her and drove straight through to SC the moment they thought something was wrong. This is not the kind of family a girl who gets into prostitution has. I have not seen any evidence that BD was into drugs (beyond what I would consider normal for a high schooler).

My point is that there is no need for a pimp to kidnap a girl like this. The risk is simply too great for what he gets. It sad but true that there are plenty of "lost girls" who will hook up with a pimp in exchange for drugs and what she perceives as care and security.

Perhaps I should have been a little more clear. BD had a mother who clearly loved her and looked after her. She was living at home with her mom and brother and was going to school. I am contrasting her life to those lives of girls who wind up working as hookers. BD did not have that kind of life at all. Her family immediately went looking for her and drove straight through to SC the moment they thought something was wrong. This is not the kind of family a girl who gets into prostitution has. I have not seen any evidence that BD was into drugs (beyond what I would consider normal for a high schooler).

My point is that there is no need for a pimp to kidnap a girl like this. The risk is simply too great for what he gets. It sad but true that there are plenty of "lost girls" who will hook up with a pimp in exchange for drugs and what she perceives as care and security.

I see what you are saying, but being kidnapped and trafficked doesn't necessarily mean pimped into prostitution.

Slavery, drug mules etc
I think this thread is a must read for anyone on websleuths

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?91597-Human-Trafficking-Awareness-Thread

Slavery is in like a field hand or a galley slave? The link you posted here just confirms my theory that BD would not have been a victim of trafficking. Trafficking does not start with abducting a random girl off the street - it is what happens to runaways and kids who have been abandoned or neglected. Again, this theory comes on for this case a lot (even BD's own mother) and I really must ask if there is any evidence other that pure fantasy that it is a viable theory. The very link offered as "proof" that I am wrong in fact proves what I have been getting at - human trafficking does not involve girls like Brittanee.

I have asked for someone to post just one story of a female in the US who was kidnapped at random and sold into slavery. I get that Hollywood has made it seem like this stuff actually happens, but I have yet to see one real-world example. What I have seen countless times of resolved cases of missing girls and women are bodies found not far from where they were last seen, and the arrest of some local creep who was never a pimp.

I am being totally serious here and not willfully obtuse or sarcastic: to all the people here who legitimately believe that BD was the victim of human trafficking, what is your reasoning?

Slavery is in like a field hand or a galley slave? The link you posted here just confirms my theory that BD would not have been a victim of trafficking. Trafficking does not start with abducting a random girl off the street - it is what happens to runaways and kids who have been abandoned or neglected. Again, this theory comes on for this case a lot (even BD's own mother) and I really must ask if there is any evidence other that pure fantasy that it is a viable theory. The very link offered as "proof" that I am wrong in fact proves what I have been getting at - human trafficking does not involve girls like Brittanee.

I have asked for someone to post just one story of a female in the US who was kidnapped at random and sold into slavery. I get that Hollywood has made it seem like this stuff actually happens, but I have yet to see one real-world example. What I have seen countless times of resolved cases of missing girls and women are bodies found not far from where they were last seen, and the arrest of some local creep who was never a pimp.

I am being totally serious here and not willfully obtuse or sarcastic: to all the people here who legitimately believe that BD was the victim of human trafficking, what is your reasoning?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...itution-pit-stops-America-rescued-police.html

http://www.today.com/id/27098993/ns/today-today_news/t/teen-recounts-horror-abduction-sex-slavery/

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ight-on-hidden-crime-of-human-trafficking.ece

http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/woman-abducted-in-midton-and-forced-into-prostitution/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sex-traffi...leveland-kidnap-case-offers/story?id=19152788

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1ebd26-8ec7-11e3-b227-12a45d109e03_story.html

I am in agreement with you on all of this. TV and movies show a lot (snatched of the street, etc) of what you mentioned, but in real life it rarely happens that way. The method you described (runaways, abandoned, etc) is a lot more likely. They also use social media to recruit.

It is a mystery what happened to Brittanee, but I have always theorized that she met someone sinister either on the beach or at a club she went to and that person learned where she was staying. On the night she disappeared, that person was parked somewhere near her hotel in hoprs of meeting up with her. He saw her either walking away from or back to her hotel and probably offered her a ride or maybe even abducted her at gunpoint. Either way she got in the car with him and rode into oblivion. I also believe that some of her so-called friends that were there have a pretty good idea of what happened. I'm not saying they were involved, just that they know or at a minimum have a good hunch as to what happened. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required