Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapphire, I live in SC, been going to MB all my life, still go. Yes, young girls DO accept rides with people they just met, go to their condos, rooms, restaurants, local attractions, etc.
I don't know if that is what happened, or if someone just pulled over, asked her for directions, and pulled her into a vehicle.
Or if one, or some, of her friends were somehow involved.
I think a thousand things could have happened, but after all this time she has not been found, and that speaks to me of possibly a local or she was taken from the area completely.

Is it here where I state Not Being Found implies REMOVAL - possibly by say, someone who left the holiday early with a body in their trunk?

Brittanee's parents state there is no way she would voluntarily accept a ride.

Statistically speaking Brittanee was taken by someone she knew.

That is the Statistics. Stranger Abduction remains rare.

In this case we have Police Suspicion and Lawyering Up, not just Lawyering up but Appearing on TV.

I know folks want their 15 minutes of fame but Seriously - would YOU want to appear on tv with your Lawyer, suspected of killing your friend?

Even if you did want to, would you at least PRETEND to be sad? This kid did not give a toss. He truly did not.

I'm with Sapphire on this one. I live in MB and have been following this case since the beginning. While there are plenty of bad guys here, the facts of this case--including the bizarre behavior of her so-called friend and his friends that night--lead me to believe he knows more than he has let on.

Furthermore, she was not far from her hotel and had no reason to accept a ride from someone she didn't know. With all the traffic that road has, she'd get back to her hotel faster by walking.

... Unless the person who offered a ride promised to go in with her to help deal with the female "friend" throwing a tantrum and bring her back to the group she just left afterward. MOO

Although it would be a brazen attack, I think she was literally grabbed by a stranger as she walked and texted her boyfriend. She was petite, so would have been easy to carry or drag. The person or persons maybe had a weapon and forced her in their vehicle or trunk. Brittanee's boyfriend said her texts stopped abruptly. Had a friend (or casual acquaintance she met at the beach/bar) cruised up to her and offered a ride I think she would have told her boyfriend that she was getting a ride and continued to text. IMO something very sudden and unexpected happened to Brittanee.

Although it would be a brazen attack, I think she was literally grabbed by a stranger as she walked and texted her boyfriend. She was petite, so would have been easy to carry or drag. The person or persons maybe had a weapon and forced her in their vehicle or trunk. Brittanee's boyfriend said her texts stopped abruptly. Had a friend (or casual acquaintance she met at the beach/bar) cruised up to her and offered a ride I think she would have told her boyfriend that she was getting a ride and continued to text. IMO something very sudden and unexpected happened to Brittanee.

I completely agree. The mere fact that she never sends another text convinces me that she was taken suddenly. Taken and never heard from again.

So the questions remain: who took her and where is she.

Just wanted to play devil's advocate with what you posted SapphireSteel.

Is it here where I state Not Being Found implies REMOVAL - possibly by say, someone who left the holiday early with a body in their trunk?

Brittanee's parents state there is no way she would voluntarily accept a ride.

Her parents probably also thought there was no way she would lie to them to go on a Spring break trip to MB.

Statistically speaking Brittanee was taken by someone she knew.

That is the Statistics. Stranger Abduction remains rare.

Somebody she "knew" doesn't just apply to the group of people she went down to MB with. She could have met somebody on the beach earlier in the trip that offered her a ride. She made friends with those guys that had her on video and she went to their hotel room by herself (at least I think she was by herself). It's not crazy IMO that she met other people with bad intentions on this trip and she ran into them on her walk back to the hotel.

In this case we have Police Suspicion and Lawyering Up, not just Lawyering up but Appearing on TV.

I know folks want their 15 minutes of fame but Seriously - would YOU want to appear on tv with your Lawyer, suspected of killing your friend?

Even if you did want to, would you at least PRETEND to be sad? This kid did not give a toss. He truly did not.

If I was in PB's shoes and I was innocent I would have lawyered up too. I definitely would not have gone about it in the way PB did, because I'm not a self-centered d$%^, but I can't come to the conclusion that PB or somebody from his crew did something based off of his poor attitude. Also, just how good of friends were her and PB? Did they ever hang out before this trip?

Many of the parking garages beside/under hotels open directly to the sidewalk. Or she may have taken a shortcut thru one of them. Be easy to grab someone in there.
There have been times when friends were staying a few doors down from us, called to say join us, we're at the pool. We'd walk the sidewalk, thru the garage, to the pool.

I wonder what's up with the persons of interest they identified. Are they still under consideration?

Going back to the lack of texts, I'd agree this this is pretty solid indicator that something happened quickly and unexpectedly.

In the case she did say, accept a ride willingly she probably would have had time to gauge the situation and relay if anything felt odd to her.

Since the texts just seemingly stopped abruptly, I'm more inclined to think she left the hotel, veered off the main road as a shortcut and ran into trouble in a more isolated area with less people.

To me, it doesn't seem likely she was encited into a car in plain sight that quickly under her own free will unless she knew the person...or alternatively she traveled off the main road and subsequently ran into trouble.

The thing is the way she was texting she theres no way she could be paying much attention to her surroundings, so she could have been in deep trouble before she had any idea.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Petition update: New York congresswoman Louise Slaughter has refused to back the petition/request for the Associate Attorney General to review the investigation conducted by the Myrtle Beach Police Department into Brittanee's disappearance.

This is just disappointing. This case really needs to be looked at thoroughly. Inland areas were never searched. All this time has been lost and potential evidence destroyed or lost.

Originally posted by Murkywaters
Petition update: New York congresswoman Louise Slaughter has refused to back the petition/request for the Associate Attorney General to review the investigation conducted by the Myrtle Beach Police Department into Brittanee's disappearance.

This is just disappointing. This case really needs to be looked at thoroughly. Inland areas were never searched. All this time has been lost and potential evidence destroyed or lost.

<BBM for Focus>

'Unacceptable'! Almost 7 years since Brittanee Drexel vanished without a trace.. 'There is no such thing as the perfect crime, only imperfect investigations, imo'... 'It is way past time for Brittanee and her family to receive answers and justice'..

Not surprising the petition failed. It basically said MB police may have thwarted the investigation and provided nothing to back that up. Not a good way to approach it IMO.

Whatever happened to those remains that were discovered about 70 miles from Myrtle Beach in September 2015?

They were determined to be the remains of a male. There is a new set of remains from Hemingway, SC which is a county over from Horry County. We are still waiting to hear back on them. Hemingway is inland, but not very far away. In fact, it's only about 50 miles from where her phone last pinged.

They were determined to be the remains of a male. There is a new set of remains from Hemingway, SC which is a county over from Horry County. We are still waiting to hear back on them. Hemingway is inland, but not very far away. In fact, it's only about 50 miles from where her phone last pinged.

Do you have a pointer for that information about the male remains? We have a thread in the unidentified forum that I'd like to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1