Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to bring this up with no facts cause i forget now what i watched or where i watched it on most likely it was Invertigation Discovery channel .Maybe someone will just know the case i am talking about . Anyway all it was is a show that this guy was kidnaping and killing girls mostly all over florida and the reason he was able to get away with it so long was because he was well for one a younger guy and he was a good looking guy but he was a cop and he had either tried or did take someone from myrtle beach .i dont remember his name im sorry for that but he was caughti just thought the too go hand n hand here where britt was and this guy being a cop you just never know .hopefully someone will remember his name.

Yes, I will have to find it.
[h=1]Authorities identify human remains found in Awendaw[/h]News ReleasePublished: September 25, 2015, 7:04 pm Updated: October 8, 2015, 6:10 pm

[h=3]Related Coverage[/h]
AWENDAW, SC – The human remains found in Awendaw on September 25th have been identified through DNA as Charles Bishop, 39 year old white male from Ehrhardt, SC. Mr. Bishop died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death is homicide.
Charleston County Coroners Office is investigating human remains found Friday, September 25, 2015 in Awendaw.
Friday September 25, 2015, at approximately 12:30 p.m., Charleston County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched to the area of Whilden Road and Murrell Road in Awendaw, where hunters discovered what appeared to be human remains.
Detectives and the Coroner’s Office responded and confirmed that the remains were human.
This is an active investigation by the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division and the Charleston County Coroner’s Office.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 843.554.1111 or the Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch Center at 843.743.7200. You can also submit a tip to us directly by visiting the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office website at http://www.ccso.charlestoncounty.org.

This is the article that updates the remains found in September.

This is just disappointing. This case really needs to be looked at thoroughly. Inland areas were never searched. All this time has been lost and potential evidence destroyed or lost.

There is so much swamp land down in the low-country, it would be impossible to search it all. Much of it is not accessable, even by boat.

There is so much swamp land down in the low-country, it would be impossible to search it all. Much of it is not accessable, even by boat.
Which is sad because that very dramatically lessens the chance of a body being found. Even if this was situation where the body was dumped in a container of some sort, it is still a vast and difficult area to explore.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

Joel Monts Da Oca is traveling to SC in April for Brittanee's 7 year vigil. He originated the petition that is in the hands of the Justice Dept. He is planning to go to Columbia, the state's capitol, and speak with a judge at the federal courthouse.

I live about an hour away from McClellanville/Georgetown where her phone last pinged. I would like to go up there and post new fliers. It's been awhile since that was last done, I think.

Would anyone on here who may live in the area want to meet to do this? I don't favor going alone, but it might bring some focused attention back to her case.

I doubt it's Brittanee if it requires an autopsy.

Well, they do still call it an autopsy even if the remains are minimal. The delay makes me think they need to call in an expert. But the location and description make me think you're right, it's somebody who died somewhat recently.

Could be weeks or months, depending on how old the remains are and whether they have to fall back on advanced procedures to get a valid DNA sample. Also depending on how backlogged the lab is, and whether LE needs to conduct an investigation before releasing the results. It's not uncommon for discovering the victim's identity to lead directly to the killer, so they'll sometimes keep the results confidential to avoid tipping the killer off.

I have to travel up 17 this Monday. I will be driving through McClellanville and Georgetown and Myrtle Beach. I will try to post fliers.

Could be weeks or months, depending on how old the remains are and whether they have to fall back on advanced procedures to get a valid DNA sample. Also depending on how backlogged the lab is, and whether LE needs to conduct an investigation before releasing the results. It's not uncommon for discovering the victim's identity to lead directly to the killer, so they'll sometimes keep the results confidential to avoid tipping the killer off.

Quoting myself to add: and sometimes there are difficulties locating and contacting next of kin. An announcement won't be made until that's taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper