Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! This group probably have Golfing tee times for tomorrow afternoon.

Speaking of tomorrow afternoon, how is everybody going to view the press conference tomorrow? Post links if you got em. TIA!

@ZooSleuth SW will be live on fb streaming it. we need to check all the local stations in the area such as ABC, NBC. Presser is 1 eastern, 10 pacific, 12 central

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

Well we already know more or less that they won't reveal Brittanee's whereabouts or that they've made an arrest so the press conference has lost it's importance in my mind.

It could be possible that LE knows who is responsible for her disappearance, but that suspect has recently died. Perhaps they never had enough evidence to take it to trial or there was a deathbed confession.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well we already know more or less that they won't reveal Brittanee's whereabouts or that they've made an arrest so the press conference has lost it's importance in my mind.

I agree to some extent, however I also am on the boat that anyone talking about Brittanee and shining light on her case is important. Not everyone is like us here at Websleuths - some people have probably forgot about her case or do not know that she is still missing. Regardless of what is announced, I'm happy that there are still people focusing on bringing her home <3

It could be possible that LE knows who is responsible for her disappearance, but that suspect has recently died. Perhaps they never had enough evidence to take it to trial or there was a deathbed confession.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Could be. That news would certainly be classified as grim. But then that begs the question why the U.S. Attorney's office is gearing up for a trial. Sure, some individuals are calling into question that particular journalist's credibility (to which we will have answers in 5 hours!), but at this point it's really the only bit of news we have so I'm kind of clinging to it.

Unless they are pressing charges against the organization who did not charge the individual when they had the chance and now it's too late...

Just thinking out loud here. Aside from being a "here's where we stand on this case" type of update, IMO I also get the vibe that they will be releasing information on tips they have received over the years (and possibly even news tips) just so the public has all of that information. I recall vaguely at one point that they stated they had all the information they needed "except one key piece" to make an arrest. Does anyone recall this? Maybe they will talk about what they have and what they need. I know that in a lot of cases they keep details close to the belt - which they will certainly continue to do - but perhaps they have determined that some of those details can be made public at this point.

With regard to the news being "grim" maybe it's just the fact that they don't really have any new news to lead them in a new direction.. or that they aren't any closer to answers.

7 years missing is grim

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"This press conference has been called by the FBI -- we've partnered with," says Lt. Crosby. "Tomorrow, we'll release the information we have at the press conference for all the public to know."

After 7 years, what do you have to lose by releasing the info that only LE and the person involved know. Maybe it could spur someone into talking.

Moo only
If I was the family, I'd ask them to release it.

Just thinking out loud here. Aside from being a "here's where we stand on this case" type of update, IMO I also get the vibe that they will be releasing information on tips they have received over the years (and possibly even news tips) just so the public has all of that information. I recall vaguely at one point that they stated they had all the information they needed "except one key piece" to make an arrest. Does anyone recall this? Maybe they will talk about what they have and what they need. I know that in a lot of cases they keep details close to the belt - which they will certainly continue to do - but perhaps they have determined that some of those details can be made public at this point.

With regard to the news being "grim" maybe it's just the fact that they don't really have any new news to lead them in a new direction.. or that they aren't any closer to answers.

Indeed that appears to be the direction they are going in. I do remember them saying they just needed one key piece of evidence to make a solid arrest. Again, I find it interesting that they are hold this in McClellanville. To me, it still signifies the persons of interest, etc.

LE said they are missing the one "key piece of evidence" in the Heather Elvis case too. Same solicitor.

Indeed that appears to be the direction they are going in. I do remember them saying they just needed one key piece of evidence to make a solid arrest. Again, I find it interesting that they are hold this in McClellanville. To me, it still signifies the persons of interest, etc.

I apologize to the person who said this originally, I cannot locate the post. Someone on here mentioned that it's possible that Brittanee's remains have been disposed of in such a way that she is not able to be recovered. Ever since that post I've been listening to every word that comes out in the press to see if this sounds like a possibility. The only thing I've heard so far that makes it sound like this might NOT be what they're reporting is when they said they are not releasing information on Brittanee's whereabouts. I partnered this with the information they released recently that they had gotten information on the location of a body but did not locate one.

What if they are confident that the tip was credible, but after searching that area and coming up empty, they are now confident that they will not find her? Perhaps if they found evidence at that location confirming she had been there but that actual remains are lost/destroyed beyond recovery? This would certainly be a "grim" announcement, they cannot confirm her whereabouts (there's still the off chance that she was disposed of elsewhere even though they don't think so), and would be a follow up to them saying they had received info on location of a body.

Hopefully today is the day we get some answers. :deepbreaths::deepbreaths:

Prayers for (((Dawn))).

My son is about the age that BD would be. I described the case to him and he immediately started talking about trafficking at MB. He had a friend who was almost grabbed right off the street but her friends stepped in and stopped it. He said that people should always stay with their group while in MB. What happened to his friend occurred shockingly fast and she was lucky her group was close and acted quickly to rescue her.

If this is a trafficking situation, old photos or video may have been discovered.

My son is about the age that BD would be. I described the case to him and he immediately started talking about trafficking at MB. He had a friend who was almost grabbed right off the street but her friends stepped in and stopped it. He said that people should always stay with their group while in MB. What happened to his friend occurred shockingly fast and she was lucky her group was close and acted quickly to rescue her.

If this is a trafficking situation, old photos or video may have been discovered.

As a local we keep hearing about trafficking but you rarely hear anything from LE about that problem. It's scary to think about. I know the local government struggles with the image of the area, but if it's a legitimate problem it needs to be discussed and locals and visitors need to be made aware of it.

Trafficking has always been a possibility but not one I've ever entertained wholeheartedly. What you say is true though - what if when FBI said they have used age progression images to identify Brittanee it WASN'T bad reporting? Slip of the tongue? And a completely way way way out on a limb possibility...what if someone physically saw her "working" and reported the tip but it was too late to rescue her and no they have no idea where she's gone? I doubt that because I would think they would release that info ASAP to try to get more eyes looking.

LE said they are missing the one "key piece of evidence" in the Heather Elvis case too. Same solicitor.

That's what LE always would say in press conferences about Morgan Harrington: "we just need that last piece of the puzzle to fit everything together". In her case, unfortunately the last piece of the puzzle was JLM being caught on video stalking Hannah Graham.

https://twitter.com/whec_bdavidsen

Why would FBI & police hold their presser updating Drexel case at this small courthouse 60 mi from Myrtle Beach?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkY50UIUoAENLxp.jpg

I am not sure I am quoting twitter n the pic right (prob. not, sorry) but as has been said here ...I agree the reason for this location is significant to what we will hear today. IMO

Perhaps the delay in the presser was a tactic...to spook someone? I don't know.

I really hope for Dawn and her family that this case is broken wide open today!!

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com
2,601 days since she disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members