Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 7 post 235 (January 2010):

Thread 7 post 246:

We know now that B's remains were not found then. However, what was the rumor about some evidence being found in a barn? Did it stem from this post? Also, very interesting this post was made prior to the attempted abduction in MB of Massey. This was before Ts were identified and named in the media by LE. But as we know, the T was arrested several years (I believe it was 8, not 6 per this quote but you never know) prior to this and was released. So....

Just thought it was interesting and might be able to spur some discussion. Has LE really known for this long and have been waiting for more evidence ever since?[/QUOTE]

BBM I don't think they have known for that long. A few days after the press conference in McC, there was a SC radio interview of a local LE. The interview was actually about something else, but they brought up Britt and they asked straight out how long they have known she was deceased and when pressed LE answered "less than a year." I believe this was linked in the prior thread.

Thread 7 post 246:

We know now that B's remains were not found then. However, what was the rumor about some evidence being found in a barn? Did it stem from this post? Also, very interesting this post was made prior to the attempted abduction in MB of Massey. This was before Ts were identified and named in the media by LE. But as we know, the T was arrested several years (I believe it was 8, not 6 per this quote but you never know) prior to this and was released. So....

Just thought it was interesting and might be able to spur some discussion. Has LE really known for this long and have been waiting for more evidence ever since?[/QUOTE]

BBM I don't think they have known for that long. A few days after the press conference in McC, there was a SC radio interview of a local LE. The interview was actually about something else, but they brought up Britt and they asked straight out how long they have known she was deceased and when pressed LE answered "less than a year." I believe this was linked in the prior thread.

Do you know which thread?

I found my list and only had two that weren't mentioned here:

Susan DeLuca
Missing since 4/15/10 from Aynor
W/F/45

Deborah Robertson
Missing since 1/14/95 from Myrtle Beach
W/F/39

Those two women were a bit older than the others so they probably aren't related, but ya never know. The rest of the people on my list (that weren't mentioned on yours) are male.

(But just in case anyone is curious, I'll add them too.)

Matthew Scheer
Missing since 10/3/15 from North Myrtle Beach
W/M/26

Zach Malinowski
Missing since 8/25/13 from Aynor
W/M/19

Robert L Gore, Jr
Missing since 4/26/13 from Myrtle Beach
W/M/43

Johnny Brown
Missing since 8/5/12 from Myrtle Beach
B/M/44

Glenn Howlett
Missing since 6/23/09 from Myrtle Beach
W/M/48

Kareem Ward
Missing since 6/17/07 from Aynor
B/M/22

Woodrow Taylor
Missing since 12/13/97 from Conway
B/M/38

Murray Kennedy
Missing since 10/17/04 from Myrtle Beach
B/M/41

Also,
Angie Pipkin's remains were found in Florence County on a landing of the Great Pee Dee River in May of 2014. A man by the name of Randy Robinson has been arrested and charged for her murder and is currently awaiting trial.

http://wbtw.com/2016/01/19/case-continued-for-man-charged-in-murder-of-angie-pipkin/

I had the male names on my list as well, since several of them (especially Zach Malinowski) seemed to have quite similar circumstances. But I was looking for connections to Heather Elvis, not Brittanee.

Yes, I remember seeing that. But I do wonder what news he was referring to that he found out less than a year ago. Possibly that she was held captive? I mean it has long been thought B was deceased just based on statistics.

I find it interesting that after LE announced this PC a week in advance to hype media attention and the bill-boards, flyers etc. we haven't heard a peep from L since. I am going to assume they are getting good leads and of course it takes time to investigate them, at least I am hoping.

JMO but I think at some point we, will see many cases joined together, multiple arrests, human-trafficking and drug rings broken-up, although I'm not sure Brit was trafficked in the usual sense. I do believe, the domino-effect in this case will be far and wide & a lot of POSs will be off the street in a few southern states at least. They all should be shaking in their boots IMO.

I am going to look up Crystal Soles and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Andrews is near Georgetown according to the map I looked at.

That's a good idea... Andrews and Georgetown are very close and I pretty much think of them as one in the same.

Bringing forward a link to mlatta's photos that he took of the area of B's last cell phone ping. I'm so grateful that he went out and got a feel for the area!! mlatta, if you're still here, thank you so much. I don't know if these photos will be useful to you guys but I imagine there are several of you here who haven't seen them yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gothicx19/sets/72157623664364442/

This is found on thread 7 post 564!

Pardon me while I quote myself (from thread 17 pre-press conference) real quick:

Thanks for signing up to help search! I would too if I lived closer.

Your theories are very close to what I lean toward as well. After having had years to explore my thoughts on this case, I am of the opinion that the young people Brittanee traveled to SC with do not know *for sure* what happened to her. I would not put it past them to have met someone at a club or during another night out that they have a weird feeling about -- someone they are second guessing but either brushing it off as "nah, couldn't be" or not saying anything out of fear. They need to provide that information because whether what they know solves the crime or not, it's probably helpful.

That said, I think it's also very possible that they have no idea what happened to Brittanee and are just arrogant and careless. I mean the characteristic traits have already been proven.

We *do* know that Brittanee's phone traveled south of Myrtle Beach very quickly after she was known to have been abducted (I haven't and will not ever entertain the idea that she is a runaway). We *do not* know whether she was with her phone or not when it traveled south. IMO she was. IMO she was alive at the time. IMO the kids she traveled with would not have taken her there, so IMO she was with someone else.

I think it is highly likely that she got into the vehicle willingly. It is possible she recognized the person (had met them during the trip) and therefore trusted them. One new discovery that I have not had the chance the explore here much is the taxi theory (re: Morgan Harrington & Hannah Graham) since those cases were solved after I quit being such an active member here. I think it is an angle worth exploring, but that if it turns out to be true, she was probably coerced. In other words: if a taxi driver stopped and offered her a ride, I think she would have initially declined given the relatively short distance between the two hotels, but the driver may have then been very pushy and she gave in.

Much more frightening is the thought that she was forcefully abducted. Certain individuals have thought that if she veered off the main drag (along the beach?), an abduction would have been easier. True - it would of been. IMO, she probably didn't. She was very likely in a hurry because she wanted to keep JO's attitude at bay so I presume she would have taken the quickest most straight-forward route. She could have been forcefully abducted from the busy street as it happens all the time and I believe that this is the worst case scenario, but given the time that has passed, also a very viable possibility.

I think I'm just rambling at this point. Maybe it'll give a little more content for discussion though?

I'm bringing this back because of a theory I've found listed on thread 7. Someone has brought up the idea that maybe B went to McC to obtain drugs. Look, I think you can see from my above theory that I do not believe that this is what happened. But at the very least I do feel like it is worth exploring. And the reason I say that is because:

1. It would give reason for LE to be very careful in their wording referring to "B travelling to McClellanville." Many of you have pointed out that you find that wording weird. TBH, it didn't stand out to me initially. I didn't pick up on it and I'm still not convinced it means anything. But for those of you that are, here's something worth exploring.

2. It would give reason for LE saying they believe she was held captive for a "portion" of the time she was there.

3. It would explain her getting into a car willingly at first - possibly why no witnesses.

4. It would explain her "friends" sketch behavior. They didn't think anything was going to happen to her, but when JG said she had stopped responding, it make have clicked that someone had gone wrong and they knew they could get in trouble.

Let me reiterate I do not feel that this is what happened. I'm just bringing up this potential theory and I'd be interested in hearing your comments either for or against this.

Based upon what I have seen online about the Club K, hearing about all the drugs, and the friends sketchy behavior, I don't think the friends did anything to her but may have set her up and not realized what the outcome would be. When you are high, you tend not to make the best decisions. I would be interested to know if the T boys were at Club K the evening Brittanee and her friends were there.

Thread 7 post 246:

Just thought it was interesting and might be able to spur some discussion. Has LE really known for this long and have been waiting for more evidence ever since?
I'm so grateful you are working so hard and found this info. This is what I remembered reading years ago.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Thread 8 post #32 (Rochestergirl - April 2010). First mention of "3-4 persons of interest"

Breaking News

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801

Persons of interest developed in missing teen case

Investigators in the case of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel say they've developed three, possibly four, persons of interest in connection to the teen's disappearance.

"The people we're looking at, I feel really good about because all of our little pieces of evidence ... they're all pointing in the same direction towards certain people," Myrtle Beach Detective Vincent Dorio said Friday.

Thread 8 post number 33 (darling gal). First mention from LE that they do not believe B is alive.

When asked whether they thought if Drexel is still alive, both Dorio and Bailey said no.
"Things that we are hearing, and I'm speaking for myself, leads to believe that she is not," Bailey said. "In the beginning, it was a missing persons case, but everything we've looked at, I'm confident foul play was involved, and this is probably going to be a homicide investigation."

They also talk about giving polygraphs to the POIs in these posts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Drexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-8/page3

Thread 8 post 46. Because we have lost almost all articles because they are so old.

Drexel case heats up as persons of interest identified
Published Friday, April 09, 2010 7:25 PM

Investigators from three counties who have been working to find a missing New York teenager say they now have “persons of interest” in the case.

Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Lt. Neil Johnson said “based on information that has been collected” investigators feel Brittanee Drexel — who was 17 years old when she disappeared from Myrtle Beach last year — is no longer alive.

Johnson said investigators have “three and possibly four” persons of interest in the case. He said no other details about the persons of interest is being released at this time.

Johnson said there is no reason to believe the persons of interest knew Drexel directly.

He said lie detector tests have been administered to two of them.

Investigators from Horry and Charleston Counties are also involved in the case because Drexel’s last known whereabouts was at a Myrtle Beach hotel.

Signals from her cell phone were detected in the North Santee area along the Georgetown County - Charleston County border on April 26 of last year, one night after she went missing from Myrtle Beach. Several searches have been conducted in the North Santee area as well as in northern Charleston County for any evidence that may lead to Drexel.

Johnson said the case “got hot” in December when Georgetown County Investigator Chris Bailey “received information” about Drexel’s disappearance.

It was in December that searchers found a pair of sunglasses near the river in North Santee.

“Everything we know is leading to this area,” Johnson said. “At this point, based on everything we know, we feel she is not alive.”

Johnson said the evidence continues to point to southern Georgetown County as the place something may have happened to Drexel. He said that is based on the amount of text messages she sent in the days before her disappearance.

“She was constantly on the phone texting. Then it all stopped when she went missing,” he said. “It was like someone took the phone.”

He said a private investigation service from Maine has been hired to help in the case because they have a lot of resources such as cadaver dogs to assist local authorities.

When asked if having persons of interest will lead to charges in the case, Johnson said that is not currently known.

“We could make an arrest next week or next year, we just do not know,” he said.

By Scott Harper

sharper@gtowntimes.com

Interesting info contained within.

Thread 8 post 73 (April 2010)

Trigger-

Thanks to a link from this thread, I listened to a audio interview BD's stepfather had on a radio show out of SF. He said that LE had a tip that the crime was centered around the drug community and that the tipster had claimed they were being threatened to keep quiet. The tipster alleged he knew BD was dead and knew her manner of death.

Thread 8 post 97 -- posted by yours truly ;) apparently I think a bit the same way as I did then!

"Johnson said the evidence continues to point to southern Georgetown County as the place something may have happened to Drexel. He said that is based on the amount of text messages she sent in the days before her disappearance.

“She was constantly on the phone texting. Then it all stopped when she went missing,” he said. “It was like someone took the phone.”"

I wonder if this means she was constantly texting until her phone was in southern Georgetown.

That would indicate she was comfortable in a car with these people until then.

ETA: May also explain her leaving the hotel around 8:10-8:15ish (I have forgotten times and I'm not sure they were ever exact anyway) and her last text to JG around 9:15. I still do wonder what they were saying -- it never was released. I wonder if she was telling them she was "on a drug run" (suspection) and that's why he became skeptical so quick when she stopped replying.

Thank you so much LLLindsayy for going through the old threads.
I went through the threads about the T's a few days ago, if you need any quick links to anyone's FB accounts just ask.

Thank you also for the mlatta flickr photos.

Thank you so much LLLindsayy for going through the old threads.
I went through the threads about the T's a few days ago, if you need any quick links to anyone's FB accounts just ask.

Thank you also for the mlatta flickr photos.
I have been looking at some accounts, would be glad to have T links as I haven't been able to find those, TIA.

Are any of the suspects connected to the Shannon McConaughey murder being considered (as far as we know) in Brittanee's murder?

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2001/02/15/met_306780.shtml

pay between $307 and $872 more in taxes, he said.

SOUTH CAROLINA
Shooting suspect fights transfer

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.

Are any of the suspects connected to the Shannon McConaughey murder being considered (as far as we know) in Brittanee's murder?

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/2001/02/15/met_306780.shtml

pay between $307 and $872 more in taxes, he said.

SOUTH CAROLINA
Shooting suspect fights transfer

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.

Yes, they are.
IMO, one (or some) of them is/are the primary suspect/s.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article16605335.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member