Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on where they are searching this seems to bring more truth to the raymond moody/sunset lodge theory. Rather than the deshaun taylor story imo.

:Welcome1:

We do like alternative theories so please keep posting with us & welcome again!

Obviously, you have followed this case for a long time too. How much closer would Moody or Sunset Lodge be rather South Santee where the last ping was?? I was under the assumption Moody was ruled out years ago. DT was named a suspect last summer. Personally, I think this has the T.'s markings all over this.

I'm taking this quote with a grain of salt that this due to this specific search (you decide for yourself) but I HOPE it's true!

http://lazeresportes.com/2017/03/26/search-continues-in-brittanee-drexel-case/

Don Wood, a lawyer for the Drexel family, confirmed to WPDE, a SC television station, that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had told the family the search was connected to Drexel's disappearance. "We are confident in the fact that she was here".

I wont lie, im a bit new to this case. It was brought to my attention a few years ago while discussing holly bobo. All i know is from the little ive researched. If my information is correct the room that was searched at sunset lodge is under 7 miles from todays search site. I dont much information on moody. Im curious if he has been cleared what was the info that cleared him?

Very interesting, but it makes you wonder the context of what he's saying. Surely that could mean 1) this is one of several places she was taken or 2) this is where she died and/or was disposed of

Exactly! And I'm not sure if the source is credible. Maybe both are true?

I'm so elated that the dogs were back today along with an excavator digging. This sounds so promising to me, even though we have had our hopes dashed on searches many times before. I'm not sure how it works. The dogs first target an area, the excavator digs a scoop of dirt the dogs alert or not, then they move on? Maybe someone will weigh in for us.

Snippet from a article
"Investigator Phillip Hanna of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office said a signal from Drexel’s cellphone was detected about 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach later that night – in a remote boat landing area near the South Santee River and roughly 8 miles from the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County where Moody had been living at the time."

Snippet from a article
"Investigator Phillip Hanna of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office said a signal from Drexel’s cellphone was detected about 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach later that night – in a remote boat landing area near the South Santee River and roughly 8 miles from the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County where Moody had been living at the time."

To my knowledge no one has officially been ruled out but, IMO, everything LE is doing/saying points away from Moody's involvement and directly at the Ts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is desperate for physical evidence to move it beyond hearsay. If it's true she was moved around, and this location is the first place she was taken after being abducted, it seems possible her personal effects (esp the cell phone) may have been left there and buried after they took her elsewhere. Perhaps this is what they're searching for, rather than remains. The presence of dogs in the search may suggest they're searching for remains too, but I'm not sure if there's a time limit to the usefulness of cadaver dogs.

I am always baffled by heavy equipment being brought into cases.

What I don't get is, how do they know where precisely to dig/how deep etc. and not disturb evidence and possible remains?

The story I read about the witness said he only heard the gunshots, and then vaguely stated they then fed her to the alligators. I have always thought that he may have been telling what he actually saw with his own eyes up until the gunshot. After that the language in his story changes to something that sounds like 3rd hand information or a rumor, rather than an event he actually witnessed.

This posts stands out to me. You're right. He never did say he witnessed Brittanee being put into the gator pit. In fact IIRC LE said they've searched at least 40 of them to no avail. It's probably true that the gator pit theory is hearsay and it might be false. I sure hope so because perhaps they can locate some part of Britt to return to her family.

I am always baffled by heavy equipment being brought into cases.

What I don't get is, how do they know where precisely to dig/how deep etc. and not disturb evidence and possible remains?

I had this same thought. How can you use such large machinery to search for something you'd very well need a fine-toothed comb to find at this point? And then I remembered one of the rumors that was talked about here for a while. Maybe they are looking for something bigger than a body, perhaps something the remains could be inside of.

I am hoping that LE find what they need (remains, etc) to put this case to bed and give Brittaniee and her family the justice they well deserve....

That's a crazy big piece of equipment to use if you're looking for remains. Maybe they are looking for a car or boat that would have had her DNA on it?

I had this same thought. How can you use such large machinery to search for something you'd very well need a fine-toothed comb to find at this point? And then I remembered one of the rumors that was talked about here for a while. Maybe they are looking for something bigger than a body, perhaps something the remains could be inside of.

BBM.

Sadly, your probably right.

I am completely holding my breath on this and barely even dare write here until things are confirmed. Hoping, praying and everything else that Brittanee is coming home very soon.

Investigative activity related to the Brittanee Drexel case resumed Sunday morning in the woods off of Foxfire Court in Georgetown. Operations were completed by 2 p.m., but investigators were mum on what they found.“The last three days we have progressed the investigation,” Don Woods, a supervisory agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, said at the scene. “We’re not going to discuss what we found or what we did not find. I’m confident in telling you the investigation was advanced. We have progressed.”

“We’re confident we’re getting closer to resolving this matter and bringing those accountable to justice,” Woods said, citing the many agencies which have helped in the investigation.

The FBI, however, noted the operation was successful in progressing the case.“We’ve made strides in bringing those responsible for Brittanee’s death and disappearance to justice. We feel good about that,” Woods said on Sunday. “With that said there’s still more work to do based upon the leads...”

Although federal agents pressed to bring charges against Taylor for an old 2011 robbery, they have not had enough to charge Taylor with any crime in Drexel’s case. Taylor’s federal case has been continued until May.
The last signal from Drexel’s cellphone pinged just north of McClellanville in an area known as South Santee.“The disappearance of Brittanee Drexel has been an ongoing and active investigation even through today,” Woods said. “This case was never closed. It was never declared a cold case.”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article140882408.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member