Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.live5news.com/story/3586...e-enters-plea-in-unrelated-2011-armed-robbery
Here is the live 5 local news . I couldn,t get off work to be there. IMO he won't roll over, but he is involved. In the post and courrier his attorney said the defense did a lie detector test and he past it, but I beleive he was well prepped for it just like all the tv interviews. I don't trust his lawyer Peper especially after he was charged with DUI to avoid drug conviction.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_40a3fae8-d78c-11e6-aeab-c71dd9dda43f.html
I hope that the judge doesn't dimiss.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_d2fb2f02-672d-11e7-af87-bff2459b9997.html

Results from polygraph can be useful for investigation purposes if the right questions are asked. I've never trusted polygraphs conducted by defense attorneys. Questions can be manipulated to get the desired result.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Heck, polygraph defense gave him could have asked were you involved in the kidnapping, rape and murder of BD, and if he said yes, the defense could truthfully say that he passed the polygraph.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Does anyone have an idea when the Judge willrule on the motion or sentence?

I asked Chad last night but haven't gotten an answer yet.

I thought it was already denied per his guilty plea?
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_d2fb2f02-672d-11e7-af87-bff2459b9997.html
In this article i read this paragragh quote "Taylor, 26, entered the plea Wednesday despite his lawyers' bid to have his charges tossed out altogether based on "double jeopardy" provisions that generally bar people from being prosecuted twice for the same crime. U.S. District Judge David Norton said he would decide later whether to dismiss the case and void Taylor's plea." So I would assume the motion will be decided, and then sentencing or dissmissal. Since he will decide later.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...ne.com/news/local/crime/article161019939.html
here is what this article said,"Judge David Norton took the motion “under advisement,” agreeing to rule on it on a later date, weighing the facts after the formality of the change of plea hearing.If the judge rules in favor of the motion to dismiss, the case against Taylor and the plea he entered Wednesday will be dropped, Peper said.
If he denies it, Taylor could be going to federal prison." So I would assume the motion will be decided, and then sentencing or dissmissal. Since he will decide later,if I am reading these articles correct. That why I posted this.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/474/82.html

THANK YOU .!!! That paper now has a paywall! I soooooo hope that it WILL NOT get dismissed, with everything happening in the world I hope , he gets the full time!!! There is a news site that I always thought was racist (which I hate) and yesterday there was an article basically accusing prosecutors of double jeopardy so it surprised me at the defense-ness of the T's I hope we get none of that from the judge

I just hope it doesn't drag on for sentencing. I think he won't last in jail. as long as he is out he won't roll over, but as soon as he gets inside I think things will change, they don't like rapist in the joint.,he still has a chance to fess up according to the plea deal.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/474/82.html

I am not a lawyer,butI found this by reading an article that this was mentioned in. If so, I dont beleive the judge will grant Pepers motion to dismiss.IMO
It's a good read.

I agree.

He only received two years of probation for the robbery, while his accomplices were given 15-20 years, even though he admitted that he was the criminal mastermind behind it. Not only that, South Carolina follows the "hand of one, hand of all" logic.

Supreme Court of SC in State v. Kelsey, 331 S.C. 50, 76-77, 502 S.E.2d 63,76 (1998) states, "if a crime is committed by two or more persons who are acting together in the commission of a crime, then the act of one is the act of both."

Also, in State v. Curry, 370 S.C. 674, 684 (S.C. Ct. App. 2006), "one who joins with another to accomplish an illegal purpose is liable criminally for everything done by his confederate incidental to the execution of the common design and purpose."

So, honestly, this was a valid argument. A getaway driver is just as culpable as those who robbed the store and his sentencing should have reflected that.

Side note: My dad is a retired guidance counselor, and he constantly emphasized the importance of choosing my friends wisely. "You hang with dogs and you'll get their fleas, Jennifer!" or "You are who you hang out with..." ETC. He must've said these phrases to me a million times when I was in high school.

He also instilled some serious fear in me with a cautionary tale that involved a previous student at his school. This particular student asked a fellow classmate for a ride home from school one day. At some point during the drive home that afternoon, the guy giving him a lift stopped at a gas station. Unbeknownst to the student, the driver was robbing the place at gunpoint as he sat in the car waiting to be taken home. He found out after he was arrested and the cops showed him video footage that proved he was waiting in the car when the crime took place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this article i read this paragragh quote "Taylor, 26, entered the plea Wednesday despite his lawyers' bid to have his charges tossed out altogether based on "double jeopardy" provisions that generally bar people from being prosecuted twice for the same crime. U.S. District Judge David Norton said he would decide later whether to dismiss the case and void Taylor's plea." So I would assume the motion will be decided, and then sentencing or dissmissal. Since he will decide later.

I am appalled that he is out on bond before sentencing.

I agree.

He only received two years of probation for the robbery, while his accomplices were given 15-20 years, even though he admitted that he was the criminal mastermind behind it. Not only that, South Carolina follows the "hand of one, hand of all" logic.

Supreme Court of SC in State v. Kelsey, 331 S.C. 50, 76-77, 502 S.E.2d 63,76 (1998) states, "if a crime is committed by two or more persons who are acting together in the commission of a crime, then the act of one is the act of both."

Also, in State v. Curry, 370 S.C. 674, 684 (S.C. Ct. App. 2006), "one who joins with another to accomplish an illegal purpose is liable criminally for everything done by his confederate incidental to the execution of the common design and purpose."

So, honestly, this was a valid argument. A getaway driver is just as culpable as those who robbed the store and his sentencing should have reflected that.

Side note: My dad is a retired guidance counselor, and he constantly emphasized the importance of choosing my friends wisely. "You hang with dogs and you'll get their fleas, Jennifer!" or "You are who you hang out with..." ETC. He must've said these phrases to me a million times when I was in high school.

He also instilled some serious fear in me with a cautionary tale that involved a previous student at his school. This particular student asked a fellow classmate for a ride home from school one day. At some point during the drive home that afternoon, the guy giving him a lift stopped at a gas station. Unbeknownst to the student, the driver was robbing the place at gunpoint as he sat in the car waiting to be taken home. He found out after he was arrested and the cops showed him video footage that proved he was waiting in the car when the crime took place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave a ride back to the barracks to a guy I'd never given a ride before, while in the service, and he made sure to keep the passenger's side door slightly ajar, so that night when he and his buddies were to hit the parking lot for car break-ins, mine was one of the ones targeted. They took my CD collection, but curiously they did not take my unsecured stereo head unit.

DT comes across as an extremely shady type, and it wouldn't surprise me if much of the family are cut from the same shady cloth. Myrtle Beach is their hunting ground. Unsuspecting whites are their prey, for the most part. Call me whatever, but it appears that some racist blacks within the Taylor Clan are party to this horrific crime.

The in-breeding and whatever other nonsense which goes on within their realm fuels their criminal activities, these are non-productive folks, and I'd venture to guess that some of the images shared here, which I've saved to my hard drive, show the inside of the stash house where BD was brutalized, raped, etc. Enough of the PC nonsense, these folks are animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat