Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry,where are my manners? Welcome to Websleuths Autumndreams!

I also think that the girls know something.. and i really hate to think about it being a stranger.. I would have to think that would have been more frighting for that poor girl. My heart goes out her and her family. And I wish it would come to an end soon.

I have 6 daughters ages 25,23,19,17,15 and 7... and let me tell you i have had some very close calls with them and it is absolutely gut renching. And Brittanee's story is hitting my 17 yr old hard. And I can only hope that she is learning a valuable lesson from this. When I tell her no she cant go some where. And why I need phone numbers and talk to friends parents to confirm everything is on the up and up.

I have 6 daughters ages 25,23,19,17,15 and 7... and let me tell you i have had some very close calls with them and it is absolutely gut renching. And Brittanee's story is hitting my 17 yr old hard. And I can only hope that she is learning a valuable lesson from this. When I tell her no she cant go some where. And why I need phone numbers and talk to friends parents to confirm everything is on the up and up.

6 girls! OMG!!:eek: I have two grils 6 & 12, and a son 10. I could not imagine that many girls in one house I think my husband and son would move hehe!!

Ok just did the walk on the internet from Blue Water to Bar Harbor and it seems like quite a distance. I also notice that about the last location that we have Brittanee going North (11 Ave South )is very close to Admiral Quarter. Isnt this the place where the two young girl were assaulted in April. Hmmmm.

There is no way I'd walk back that distance again unless I was forced to do so or verbally made to do so. That girl would have to come to me if she wanted her shorts back.

That is what I have thought Autumndreams. I'm not blaming the victim - none of that, I promise. I think Brittanee probably viewed the world through those rose colored 17-year old invincible eyes - that's all she's guilty of in my book. But we Mama's know things. That's all. I said then, her mother knew she was not equipped either emotionally or physically to get herself out of a jam should she get in one that far away from home. Now obviously, this is a bit more than a 'jam' and I am sure in her wildest dreams her mom probably never thought anything this awful would happen - but the bottom line is she knew her daughter and she knew it was not a trip she should take alone, or without family.

Mama was right.

6 girls! OMG!!:eek: I have two grils 6 & 12, and a son 10. I could not imagine that many girls in one house I think my husband and son would move hehe!!

lol ya my husband is over powered by the girls. And i think he wanted to move many times. :runaway:

captdj, it was Captains Quarters, April 12, 9th Ave South and then Hotel Blue, April 13, 7th Ave South.

I just really have a strong feeling about this. He's local and these are his stomping grounds. April 12 - 25, it's not a guy down for a week's vacation. I still think he's in that Kingstree/Andrews area. The south end is close enough for him to get out off the boulevard quickly and back on 17 South. The beach allows him to blend in with the crowd, where he can't do that in these much smaller outlying areas like the ones I mentioned where everybody knows everybody. I don't think he's any lower than that. If he were from Charleston, he wouldnt need to come all the way to MB. Charleston is big enough, enough college kids, enough bars down in the battery - he could find girls there and still have the protection of a heavily populated area.

I can't believe the media hasnt connected this, but then again, I imagine with the season just gearing up, MB probably doesnt want even a hint of a predator on their streets.

That is what I have thought Autumndreams. I'm not blaming the victim - none of that, I promise. I think Brittanee probably viewed the world through those rose colored 17-year old invincible eyes - that's all she's guilty of in my book. But we Mama's know things. That's all. I said then, her mother knew she was not equipped either emotionally or physically to get herself out of a jam should she get in one that far away from home. Now obviously, this is a bit more than a 'jam' and I am sure in her wildest dreams her mom probably never thought anything this awful would happen - but the bottom line is she knew her daughter and she knew it was not a trip she should take alone, or without family.

Mama was right.

It appears that Brittannee didnt have a wingman either. What about having a buddy go with her to the Boys hotel or even one of the boys walk or take her back to her hotel. Something is all wrong about her being on the streets by herself.

It appears that Brittannee didnt have a wingman either. What about having a buddy go with her to the Boys hotel or even one of the boys walk or take her back to her hotel. Something is all wrong about her being on the streets by herself.

That's very true too. Go nowhere alone. I can see her thinking she was taking a straight shot to walk down the boulevard crowded with people.

I'm intrigued wondering how he would have gotten her in his car. If it's not this guy, it's a cute young guy and things got out of hand. If it is this guy, he's very safe looking, fatherly and offered her a ride. She would have felt safe and he would have appeared harmless.

I tell ya, when I lived there I would walk on the beach for miles by myself. I'd walk from 15th S to about 25-26th S where my friends lived, rode the glass elevator at the Landmark up and down endlessly, walked to the Swamp Fox all the time on the back streets that run between Ocean Blvd and 17. I had no fear - but that was many years ago. Even so, somebody probably needed to slap me upside the head - or my parents.

captdj, it was Captains Quarters, April 12, 9th Ave South and then Hotel Blue, April 13, 7th Ave South.

I just really have a strong feeling about this. He's local and these are his stomping grounds. April 12 - 25, it's not a guy down for a week's vacation. I still think he's in that Kingstree/Andrews area. The south end is close enough for him to get out off the boulevard quickly and back on 17 South. The beach allows him to blend in with the crowd, where he can't do that in these much smaller outlying areas like the ones I mentioned where everybody knows everybody. I don't think he's any lower than that. If he were from Charleston, he wouldnt need to come all the way to MB. Charleston is big enough, enough college kids, enough bars down in the battery - he could find girls there and still have the protection of a heavily populated area.

I can't believe the media hasnt connected this, but then again, I imagine with the season just gearing up, MB probably doesnt want even a hint of a predator on their streets.

It does seem to indicate someone with local knowledge. If we knew for sure that Kingstree/Andrews area was visited that night I would think it was someone familiar to the area.

That's very true too. Go nowhere alone. I can see her thinking she was taking a straight shot to walk down the boulevard crowded with people.

I'm intrigued wondering how he would have gotten her in his car. If it's not this guy, it's a cute young guy and things got out of hand. If it is this guy, he's very safe looking, fatherly and offered her a ride. She would have felt safe and he would have appeared harmless.

I tell ya, when I lived there I would walk on the beach for miles by myself. I'd walk from 15th S to about 25-26th S where my friends lived, rode the glass elevator at the Landmark up and down endlessly, walked to the Swamp Fox all the time on the back streets that run between Ocean Blvd and 17. I had no fear - but that was many years ago. Even so, somebody probably needed to slap me upside the head - or my parents.

This person picked very very young girls right? so Britannee appears very young also. I wondered how the other two little girls actually got away. Maybe each time he improves and doesnt make the same mistake twice.
Maybe someone will remember seeing her that night and remember something. I feel she must have gotten into his/her car around 11th street South

I would have never thought to say his/her until recently.

My oldest daughter has never had a problem with this. My son thinks it's stupid and none of my business. In fact my daughter and I were laughing because she was headed to Vegas with friends last weekend, and at 23 was telling me all the details of when, where, etc. Then we got into a discussion about how teenagers think their parents are being controlling. But the truth is, if something happens to them, how can you help them if you don't even know where or when to start looking, if you don't even know the basic info? My daughter says she can actually have a better time just knowing I'd be on top of things if something went wrong.

I wonder how many girls who end up dead, thought in their last moments, "I wish my mom knew where I was..."

I can believe the boys not offering to walk her (well that group of boys) my daughter has since all of this added PB to her myspace and he's a player he has pictures of him in clubs around rochester with hoochie mommas all over him and he's just too pretty looking.. comes off as gods gift to women and only thinks of himself. The girls on the other hand there actions are just a plan old shame on you. And to play a nasty joke on her by maybe leaveing the hotel without Britt knowing i can see that.

It does seem to indicate someone with local knowledge. If we knew for sure that Kingstree/Andrews area was visited that night I would think it was someone familiar to the area.

The reason it piqued my interest was this very early report, that has never been mentioned again - nor have I heard it 'corrected' in local media.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87961

"Police also said they were able to locate Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast. That was days ago."

The link is now dead on that Rochester page, but I read it there and heard it on WBTW.

Kingstree is in Williamsburg Co, and another interesting fact I learned today is that Andrews is in both Williamsburg and Georgetown Counties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrews,_South_Carolina

My oldest daughter has never had a problem with this. My son thinks it's stupid and none of my business. In fact my daughter and I were laughing because she was headed to Vegas with friends last weekend, and at 23 was telling me all the details of when, where, etc. Then we got into a discussion about how teenagers think their parents are being controlling. But the truth is, if something happens to them, how can you help them if you don't even know where or when to start looking, if you don't even know the basic info? My daughter says she can actually have a better time just knowing I'd be on top of things if something went wrong.

I wonder how many girls who end up dead, thought in their last moments, "I wish my mom knew where I was..."

My 17yr old still try's to get away with it (oh mom it's fine i'm not a baby and it's stupid ) that but maybe this is the wake up call she needed.

Giving your kids cell phones is OK.... but giving them cell phones with GPS tracking is great. That way you know when they venture off too far.

This person picked very very young girls right? so Britannee appears very young also. I wondered how the other two little girls actually got away. Maybe each time he improves and doesnt make the same mistake twice.
Maybe someone will remember seeing her that night and remember something. I feel she must have gotten into his/her car around 11th street South

I would have never thought to say his/her until recently.

I think they only know somewhere between 21st S and 11th S heading back because I bet they watched that same video from Quality Inn camera that captured her going down and never saw her come back through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock