Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason it piqued my interest was this very early report, that has never been mentioned again - nor have I heard it 'corrected' in local media.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87961

"Police also said they were able to locate Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast. That was days ago."

The link is now dead on that Rochester page, but I read it there and heard it on WBTW.

Kingstree is in Williamsburg Co, and another interesting fact I learned today is that Andrews is in both Williamsburg and Georgetown Counties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrews,_South_Carolina

I know what your talking about I seen it too. But i wonder why they took it down?

My 17yr old still try's to get away with it (oh mom it's fine i'm not a baby and it's stupid ) that but maybe this is the wake up call she needed.

Sad but true it seems to happen a lot...something bad happens to someone just so others can learn from it...It always seems like it's innocent people too, makes ya wonder if it was part of their purpose in this life.....A bigger plan.

Sad but true it seems to happen a lot...something bad happens to someone just so others can learn from it...It always seems like it's innocent people too, makes ya wonder if it was part of their purpose in this life.....A bigger plan.

I think somewhere on Britt's facebook page for her.. where a could of posts from young girls who have said they are all scared to walk alone anymore now and where staying close to home.

I can believe the boys not offering to walk her (well that group of boys) my daughter has since all of this added PB to her myspace and he's a player he has pictures of him in clubs around rochester with hoochie mommas all over him and he's just too pretty looking.. comes off as gods gift to women and only thinks of himself. The girls on the other hand there actions are just a plan old shame on you. And to play a nasty joke on her by maybe leaveing the hotel without Britt knowing i can see that.

Has he posted anything about Brittanee since her disappearance?

I know what your talking about I seen it too. But i wonder why they took it down?

I have no idea but I do know this was before the whole thing went down with the bus from Georgetown/Williamsburg Co (the bus said on it "Nesmith", BTW, which is another little dip in the road in W'burg Co). I absolutely know it was the day before. That Wednesday morning when news of that person on the bus broke and media was all over it, they referred to that cell hit many times throughout the coverage locally. Before they confirmed it was not her and they were looking for the rider of the bus, reporters were saying things like "Now you may remember authorities got a hit on Brittanee's cell phone traveling out of W'burg county towards the coast a few days ago, so this is a story we will be watching closely."

So it's not like this came out later and then was just confused with the bus incident - this was before the bus incident.

:waitasec:
I think they only know somewhere between 21st S and 11th S heading back because I bet they watched that same video from Quality Inn camera that captured her going down and never saw her come back through.

And she changed directions and started south. If LE is following pings they should know whether she was in a car or walking.

Would a 2 hour travel time from this point to Georgetown indicate a stop somewhere along the way.

And she changed directions and started south. If LE is following pings they should know whether she was in a car or walking.

Would a 2 hour travel time from this point to Georgetown indicate a stop somewhere along the way.

Yes. Last night on the news they placed her at 11th S on her way back - again, I dont think a cell ping would get that specific, so they must be going by the same video camera that captured her on the way down. The next hit they get is Surfside, which she could not have walked to. I don't recall a time for that ping. Next is the one near Santee River shortly after midnight.

At most this is an hour, maybe hour and a half, drive straight shot from the south end. So from 9:15 to lets say 12:15 is three hours. Two hours time was spent elsewhere, unless they were getting solid pings on that tower for 2 hours and they havent told us - which would lead me to believe she was taken to that area - whatever happened happened and disposed.

However, I told a friend this today. I am almost inclined to believe she is alive if it is this guy who tried to assault the two girls at the two other hotels. He was working hard to get someone, failed twice, finally got Brittanee. I can't see him doing away with her so quickly as much hell as he went through to get her. Unfortunately that makes you think of what she may be suffering through if she is alive. I honestly almost don't know what would be worse to think about.

Now let me add this: If they werent getting hits for two hours straight up until 12:15 AM, then she was somewhere for approximately 2 hours. I said last night, with the hit in Surfside and then no mention of another hit down 17 and through the city of Georgetown, again, did someone cut over from Surfside somehow onto 701 and travel the back way to that area closer to Williamsburg Co. ? Was the ping they got at 12:15 AM that cell traveling back into the Georgetown area from Williamsburg? For what reason? Did they take her somewhere and put her there, and then travel back over to throw her phone or purse in the river to throw LE off the path? Or did they take her for two hours and then come do something there with her remains? They haven't found her. I posted maps in this thread earlier that could help decipher what I am saying. I am sorry if I am confusing you but I am pretty familiar with, honestly, this whole state. Also, I have a map on here from earlier today where I saw them conducting a search and caught part of an address, googled it and turned out the box number wasn't on 17, but on 701, way north on 701, above the city of Georgetown, about 20 miles north of the river - so does LE know they may have taken that route?

I would have to think she had to be in a car walking from MB to where they go the last ping would make me think a lot longer the 2 hrs..

I think somewhere on Britt's facebook page for her.. where a could of posts from young girls who have said they are all scared to walk alone anymore now and where staying close to home.

Well they should be scared...it's reality and in reality things like this happen. We are living in a world full of monsters and you never know when their gonna come out of the dark. It's scarey!! When your a teenager though for some reason you think your invinsable so I guess every now and then they need a wake up call.

For instance when a bridge colapses and kills a bunch of people, well after that happens you got people checking all the bridges to make sure that wont ever happen again...I just hate that people have to die in order for others to start caring or to wake up. I see it happening soo much...for every bad thing that happens theres always a reason for it. You just have to be more aware to see the bigger picture. I have a 4 yr old daughter and a 9 yr old son and I worry constantly about them because this world is not a safe place, so I'm making sure their aware and see the bigger picture. My grandma always taught me it's better to be safe than sorry later.

Heres a thought and not sure if anyone has said this.. but so far we only heard that her bf tried contacting her only once and didn't get a return message from her? I would have to hope he tried many times to get a hold of her. Before he got worried. And if she was abducted .. with all the crazy ring tones the kids put on there phone wouldn't you think the perp would have got nervous and taking the phone and got rid of it long before midnight or after?

I swear somethings up with her so called friends...they know something. When looking at the photos of them together I got the feeling of jealousy coming from them. They didn't have her best interest at heart...to me they seem'd like a bunch of shady you know whats. It was obvious they weren't close...reminds me of a movie where a group of girls are jealous of the prom queen. IDK but something is up with them, I also felt they moved to another hotel to try and get away from her...they pretty much abandoned her and I hope the guilt eats away at them. Probably not though cuz to just leave someone like that you gotta be pretty heartless.

Are there day spas there with dark windows and burglar bars? these are usually fronts for underage sex slavery. They have raided some in the past here. I never realized what they were still I seen the 48 hours special on it.

I have to agree with you 100% ..

I know that kids think they are invincible. But... I still think theses days at 17 you know better then to jump in car with anyone you don't good looking or not.

And those comments they left about never going MB again and the stupid chit that went on down there. Really has me bothered! Not to mention leaving her name out of every picture.

...and like my daughter said "even thought i wouldn't leave someone behind ..I couldn't live with myself knowing what happened."

Well idk whats going on with my ISP it keeps kicking me offline ... maybe it's telling me i should go to bed. So g'nite all.

Well idk whats going on with my ISP it keeps kicking me offline ... maybe it's telling me i should go to bed. So g'nite all.

Just got to the end of catching up, so I thought I would say goodnight, and welcome to WS! I hope your ISP is better in the morning!

Also thanks to everyone who is participating on this thread because it keeps me up to date on this sad story... I keep hoping that this girl is going to be found! :(

I have read every post on both threads now and have not posted. I just do not know what to think about this one except to say that I hope that she will be located safe and sound.

GB Brittanee and her family.

I cannot post a link, but there is a MySpace page of Sarrr that to me looks like Brittanee and it was last checked yesterday. It is private, of course. Search for Sarrr, Spencerport, New York.

TIA

Good morning all.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=296160

May 05, 2009 at 11:59 p.m.

Drexel disappeared around 8:45 p.m. on Saturday, April 25th, and according to Myrtle Beach Police, a signal from Drexel's phone was beamed to a tower near the Santee rivers in Georgetown County a few hours later. There was an additional signal beamed to the same tower on Sunday, but there has been no activity since.

wow it does look like her. the arms are a little skinny but it looks like her. the pics on the side do not though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc