Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
warbuckle, the other night they said they got one at Surfside - no time given that I can remember and now I can't find the video - and then the next/last down at North Santee River shortly after midnight.

There is information in this story about the later cell pings, but nothing about immediately after she went missing. It is true she could have been separated from the phone, but right now it is all they have to work from besides the accounts from her so-called friends who do not appear to be very helpful.

I still find the guy who left in the middle of the night very interesting. The fact he lawyered up is even more curious. He isn't telling everything, imo. Something went on that he freaked and took off from MB at 2:00 am. How many people leave their clothes, room deposit, and liquor behind? I just can't buy his story.

The girls she went to MB with are not much help either. Do these kids not understand what is at stake here? I have found that teens are most likely to hide the stupidest things from parents and LE in such cases. They feel they are being "loyal" or they don't want something personal to come out. I hope they finally realize a girl's life is hanging in the balance.

warbuckle, the other night they said they got one at Surfside - no time given that I can remember and now I can't find the video - and then the next/last down at North Santee River shortly after midnight.

I had heard their was one in williamsburg county which is west of MB, but the signal was headed for Georgetown. This is what makes me think she may not be with her phone. Why leave MB and go west out in the middle of now where and then go south towards charleston?

On another note....as a native of the area...do you have any info on the child that committed suicide in the high school around there yesterday? There was a brief discussion about it yesterday and I missed if it was connected in anyway to this case. Once again....welcome!:)

Thanks Elle. The town is quite a distance away and I doubt they knew each other or that there is a connection.

exerpt from news today:
"School officials say some concerns about Kane surfaced around the anniversary of the Columbine shooting, April 20th.

They said Kane recently completed a four-month, in-school suspension program after he was allegedly caught smoking marijuana on the way to school. Friends and others told police Kane was angry about the punishment, which he thought was too severe. They said he talked openly about "wanting revenge."

Police have seized Kane's computer from his home and said there was evidence that he had viewed "Columbine-type" Web sites. They have also taken some of his drawings."

source:
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/st...nandaigua-Academy/NfTGcUR1UE-z6fopA00JDg.cspx

Re. the girls.. I understand what you are saying by looking at "all angles" but there has been soooooo much discussion around them, and much of it has been extremely critical. My point is that you need to look at the mindset (acquaintances, young, out to party, etc.) and not just their actions. Simple reasoning/logic tells me they could not have pulled this off.

I had heard their was one in williamsburg county which is west of MB, but the signal was headed for Georgetown. This is what makes me think she may not be with her phone. Why leave MB and go west out in the middle of now where and then go south towards charleston?
I have a few theories on that. See my posts #191, 199, 208 & 211 of this thread. Are you very close/familiar with the area?

This is what I think basically could have happened. Number one, I think they cut over from Surfside to 701. Hence, no other cell hits down 17 & thru the city of Georgetown. I think either they took her to somewhere along the G'town/W'burg county line and currently have her there (hopefully alive) and then drove her purse/cell over to throw in the river south of Georgetown to throw LE off, or they took her back in that area near the county line, did what they did to her, and then brought her and her belongings to that area and she is there somewhere, unfortunately not alive.

Did you see the information/news article posted about the guy who tried to assault two girls at hotels mid-April in the same area Brittanee was walking? 7th and 9th Avenues South.

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local..._on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assualts/44666/

okay so we have a 17 year old missing girl. Her mom, Dawn D. has stated that Brittanee suffers from depression.. There is still the possibility that she ran away. What do we know about her home life?

-birth father lives in Florida. Brittanee visits him during the summertime.
-Dawn D. last husband, Chad D. adopted Brittanee when she was 3.
-Dawn D. and Chad are getting a divorce.
-Dawn's latest, Michael W. is stationed overseas ATM.
-according to a comment left by Dawn on Michael's myspace it appears if you combine the families, they have 5 kids together!

what I'd like to know is:
-how long has Dawn and Chad been separated?
-how long has Dawn been seeing Michael?
-how far along are the divorce proceedings?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her mom?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her birth father?
-how long has Brittanee and John G. been dating?
-what's the relationship like between Brittanee and Dawn?
-any fights with girlfriends lately?

I don't watch tv, so I have not seen any news reports other than those posted online.. has the boyfriend spoken about Brittanee's emotional state prior to her MB trip? during the trip?

I'm still bothered by John H.'s myspace saying he has a secret. IIRC the one video I watched online of Dawn, she stated that John H. and Brittanee were really good friends... I'm wondering, how good of friends?!

to the locals: do you remember how out of control the wildfire was that first Saturday night? How about Sunday? (I just can not remember!)

Wildfires were almost 100% contained by then, just small brush fires and containment lines by then and that was WAY north of the area Brittanee was in.

when I searched for Drexel, Rochester, NY on myspace the only 17 year old female that comes up is this account:
http://www.myspace.com/58404385
I wonder if it was Brittanee's at one point and time

I have a few theories on that. See my posts #191, 199, 208 & 211 of this thread. Are you very close/familiar with the area?

This is what I think basically could have happened. Number one, I think they cut over from Surfside to 701. Hence, no other cell hits down 17 & thru the city of Georgetown. I think either they took her to somewhere along the G'town/W'burg county line and currently have her there (hopefully alive) and then drove her purse/cell over to throw in the river south of Georgetown to throw LE off, or they took her back in that area near the county line, did what they did to her, and then brought her and her belongings to that area and she is there somewhere, unfortunately not alive.
[/url]

I lived in charleston about 8 years and visited MB many times. So I have driven that route on HWY 17. I think your first theory is most correct. I don't feel it was a robbery because none of her CC has been used that we know of. I think it was a sexual assault of some kind. I think they left her in williamsburg county and then realized her phone was in the car later head back to Georgetown. Maybe someone called it looking for her and it rang so they tossed it. If that is the case then I would think it should be close to the road, unless its in the river.

when I searched for Drexel, Rochester, NY on myspace the only 17 year old female that comes up is this account:
http://www.myspace.com/58404385
I wonder if it was Brittanee's at one point and time

"if u had a chance to start ur life over would u" that is an interesting quote. In 2006 she would have been only 14 so she might have been into Harry Potter.

okay so we have a 17 year old missing girl. Her mom, Dawn D. has stated that Brittanee suffers from depression.. There is still the possibility that she ran away. What do we know about her home life?

-birth father lives in Florida. Brittanee visits him during the summertime.
-Dawn D. last husband, Chad D. adopted Brittanee when she was 3.
-according to a comment left by Dawn on Michael's myspace it appears if you combine the families, they have 5 kids together!

what I'd like to know is:
-how long has Dawn and Chad been separated?
-how long has Dawn been seeing Michael?
-how far along are the divorce proceedings?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her mom?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her birth father?
-how long has Brittanee and John G. been dating?
-what's the relationship like between Brittanee and Dawn?
-any fights with girlfriends lately?

I don't watch tv, so I have not seen any news reports other than those posted online.. has the boyfriend spoken about Brittanee's emotional state prior to her MB trip? during the trip?

I'm still bothered by John H.'s myspace saying he has a secret. IIRC the one video I watched online of Dawn, she stated that John H. and Brittanee were really good friends... I'm wondering, how good of friends?!

I think they said he was in the military. I just can't see him filing a false police report and hiding an underage girl on base. I suppose he could have helped her runaway. But she had no car, not much money and no clothes?

However, as a mom... thinking that if I were reading some of these comments about MY daughter they seem particularly critical and harsh. Perhaps they do know more than they are saying.. but I honestly doubt it.

Welcome to WS, woot. I think it's rather harsh of the girls to not care about the poor girl they took down to MB with them who is now missing. They've gone on with their lives and they're not looking back. They seem to blame her for messing up their trip. To me, that's harsh.

I think they said he was in the military. I just can't see him filing a false police report and hiding an underage girl on base. I suppose he could have helped her runaway. But she had no car, not much money and no clothes?

I have to agree with that. I think by now, she would have caved and contacted her parents. Where would she have gone?

Welcome to WS, woot. I think it's rather harsh of the girls to not care about the poor girl they took down to MB with them who is now missing. They've gone on with their lives and they're not looking back. They seem to blame her for messing up their trip. To me, that's harsh.

Don't misunderstand me... I agree their behavior and actions since is extremely crappy, and I am NOT defending it. My point is simply that its a HUGE leap from crappy behavior to them committing a crime. There are a lot of comments to the effect that they were jealous so they lured her etc. That's all.

Just some random thoughts...

1. Many here are assuming that the girls comments about "sxxit messing up their trip" refers to B going missing. My thought is no - that was the end of the trip - I think the whole trip may have been a mess of drama and girl fighting.

2. PB has something to hide - most probably. My guess is B went to the room to do one of two things: a."hook up" with one of the boys or b. buy drugs. By the length of her visit my guess in b but she could have been shot down quickly as being too young

3. The girls behaviour - if they were really not friends and just casually knew each other - wouldn't everyone here be questioning their behavior if they were on TV crying about B missing?

4. Did we ever find out who actually invited B on the trip?

5. B's cellphone - unless it is an older phone it will definitely have GPS on it. All phones must be GPS equipped for 911 purposes to be activated - it is a federal law. Now - must phones either have the option to turn this on or to activate it only for 911 purposes.

6. People seem to think her walking that distance was odd. Honestly to this day when my friends and I go to the beach - we walk everywhere, cars are parked and don't move for the week. Walking a couple miles to go someplace isn't a big deal.

I keep flip flopping on this one - a big part of me thinks this girl ran away. But another part thinks she got in a car with the wrong guy.

I hadn't see that mom had a new BF. Just curious when/where did come from?

that's really such a sad commentary. There are more people on this site that care about what happened to B. than the people she shared probably her last days with. If somebody I went on a trip with went missing, I would be a wreck and be doing everything I could to help.

There hasn't even been a vigil for her (as far as I know).

Wildfires were almost 100% contained by then, just small brush fires and containment lines by then and that was WAY north of the area Brittanee was in.

err sorry I got my weekends mixed up..I remember a little better now.. on the 23rd my mom evacuated with the fire a mile from her home.. the fires were still pretty out of hand the weekend that Brittanee disappeared, according to the police and fire scanner.

It is believed the fire originated on Woodlawn Drive off of hwy 90. If you follow hwy 90 to 501 towards the beach and finally to the boys hotel, my map is showing 21 miles. Now if I draw a straight line from Woodlawn to the boys hotel that is only approximately 10 miles.

I honestly don't see that area not being affected by smoke.

here's a theory: maybe the girls changed hotels because of all the smoke from the wildfire

I don't know. I clicked on one of her friends MySpace pages and this girl looks like Brittanee to me. It is set to private but was checked yesterday.

when you say one of"her"friends myspace pages. who are you referring to?Whos page did you go to first? maybe they posted a pic of B for their default because the pics on the side are small but they dont look like B from what i can see.

I really do not remember except it was one of the MySpace pages that was quoted a few pages back. I am not sure which one I found it on. Sorry! I just wanted to post it because I believe it is her and it had been signed into yesterday.

Sorry it took so long to answer. I am in north Louisiana and we have had storms. Just now getting back to this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock