Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my takes on the theories...take it FWIW and feel free to poke holes! That is WS is all about!
#1 runaway~If she was going to runaway, why would she jump when the girls called??? Why would she head in the direction of the hotel? Why would she tell them she is on her way? If I was running away I would have said screw them and did what I wanted. This theory just doesn't fly to me.
#2 stranger obduction~I still feel there would be enough foot/car traffic to keep this happening. She was almost half way to her hotel, would she had accepted a ride from anyone remotely questionable?
#3 girls and boys~I still think the girls are the best bet. If you think girls now a days are all sugar and spice I have a bridge to sell you! Just take one look at youtube at the girl fights and be disgusted!! Not all are this way, but girls who would make their "friend" walk back for a pair of black shorts, who would not acknowledge their missing "friend" in some of her last photos, who would take off and leave knowing somthing is wrong and who would continue on like nothing happened I feel could exhibit this type of misconduct. Of course MOO!!

Distracted....I agree with just about everything you posted.....but do we know for sure that she texted the girls or something and told them that she was on her way back? Do we have her cell records or something somewhere that I am missing?......lol:crazy:

do u have the link to john h page on myspace.maybe he did find b in m.b when he got there and helped her get away. possible huh

lol, just hit the quote button and try it.

Distracted....I agree with just about everything you posted.....but do we know for sure that she texted the girls or something and told them that she was on her way back? Do we have her cell records or something somewhere that I am missing?......lol:crazy:

I saw it somewhere! Off to go look!

Ha! Found it
"At about 8:45 p.m., Brittanee sent a text message to one of her travel companions, informing the companion that she was on her way back. What happened to Brittanee after that remains a mystery."

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/05/brittanee-drexel.html

#2 stranger obduction~I still feel there would be enough foot/car traffic to keep this happening. She was almost half way to her hotel, would she had accepted a ride from anyone remotely questionable?

What about some guy that she might have talked to on the beach or at the clubs that seemed "normal".. I think its possible that a "normal looking" psycho was lurking around on beach and/or in clubs... Ie NH. By "normal looking" I mean like the craigslist killer...

and then there is the guy in the area who tried to abduct 2 other girls.

Since it appears that she vanished while walking down the street an abduction or taking a ride with the wrong person makes the most sense. Think about it.. she walked 20 blocks by herself.. someone could have been watching her for a while.. then she came out of the boys hotel (alone) and walked a pretty good distance again.

I dunno.. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a bunch of party-happy kids... perhaps taking drugs.. are involved. These were kids on their spring break and clearly living it up. I see the "return my shorts" as girls being girls. Not for anything but she may have taken them without asking and the other girl was just being a witch about it. Also if they did do it, they would be scared, and I can't see them holding up to questioning. Maybe I watch too many crime shows but it seems like LE could get one of the girls to turn on the others, or the girls would not be able to keep their story straight and the LE could trip them up. I think the police must have reviewed all their cell records and determined they were elsewhere.

Heres my takes on the theories...take it FWIW and feel free to poke holes! That is WS is all about!
#1 runaway~If she was going to runaway, why would she jump when the girls called??? Why would she head in the direction of the hotel? Why would she tell them she is on her way? If I was running away I would have said screw them and did what I wanted. This theory just doesn't fly to me.
#3 girls and boys~I still think the girls are the best bet. If you think girls now a days are all sugar and spice I have a bridge to sell you! Just take one look at youtube at the girl fights and be disgusted!! Not all are this way, but girls who would make their "friend" walk back for a pair of black shorts, who would not acknowledge their missing "friend" in some of her last photos, who would take off and leave knowing somthing is wrong and who would continue on like nothing happened I feel could exhibit this type of misconduct. Of course MOO!!

ITA with you too, distracted. Although I do believe there is a chance this could still be a stranger abduction. The actions of the girls just really don't sit well with me at all.

----------
Great post! I agree, if she was planning on running away, why would she attempt to walk all the way back to return a pair of short??? Doesn't make any sense. And also, why hang around a group of B's? Arguing and fighting? Why not just hit the road as soon as she got to MB? Girls that age can be very vindictive and conniving as well. As seen on their photobuckets and comments, they really don't give a fig what happened to her. WIH, are they not back in MB being interrogated???

yes, I think so, and her bf texted her at around 9:15 with no response, so whatever happened, must have happened within that half hour timeframe.

If we know that the girls texted her at 8:45 pm, I wonder how many times they tried to reach her after that, when she didn't show up at the hotel. That would be very interesting to know. If they were so hyped to get those darn shorts back, how many times did they try to reach her? LE must know from her cell records but I don't recall hearing anything about those calls (or lack of calls).

Do we know yet when the "girls" left MB for home? Did any of the group actually look for B before leaving?

BBM

When did John H. say he has a secret? I would like to know in what context he said that. I remember Dawn saying that he and Brittanee were very good friends and I believe she had also stated that they had hung out together when he was home not long ago.

I have an idea what the secret might would be but certainly do not want to say it right now.

I pray that Brittanee will be located very soon.

http://www.myspace.com/hahn83
the "...has a secret" has been on his page since at least April 29th. Last signed on on April 30th.

Please share your idea of the secret!!

Welcome to WS! It actually is not a HUGE leap to investigate the people who are the closest to a victim by either their relationship or proximity to the victim at the time a crime occured. LE does this and there is a good reason why.

Most people are murdered by someone they know. Random psychopathic stranger murders and abductions are rare.

Thanks Suzi. I totally get that. But the "girls are involved" theory isn't adding up for me.

yes, I think so, and her bf texted her at around 9:15 with no response, so whatever happened, must have happened within that half hour timeframe.

If we know that the girls texted her at 8:45 pm, I wonder how many times they tried to reach her after that, when she didn't show up at the hotel. That would be very interesting to know. If they were so hyped to get those darn shorts back, how many times did they try to reach her? LE must know from her cell records but I don't recall hearing anything about those calls (or lack of calls).

----------
I've been busy with a sick dog and am leaving in a few minutes for the vet but am very curious here. These questions probably have been answered but I have been in and out, just look over me please. This case really affects me....I know how that mother feels. My 16 yr old daughter was missing for four weeks once. She left for work for Shoneys restaurant, left her clothes, makeup and tips lying on her dresser. Detectives found her car after a week abandoned in a parking lot at a nearby beach. When they called they asked me to come look at the car because they suspected foul play. I can tell you, I could not even drive there, a friend had to drive me. I eventually found my daughter, after cornering her best friend and threatening to "persuade" her to tell me the truth about where she may be. A thirty-eight year old man had her hidden in his apartment. My husband and I got there before the police. Needless to say, I yanked the screen door off the hinges and with a little help from Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, I persuaded him to tell me where she was. My husband prevented me from making him a hen.......

I do find interesting that looking at Lindsay Q. facebook. Her pics of MB not one has B in them and she has a lot of pics up. I thought this girl shared a room with B. All the pics are of all the girls that stayed in those rooms

----------
Great post! I agree, if she was planning on running away, why would she attempt to walk all the way back to return a pair of short??? Doesn't make any sense. And also, why hang around a group of B's? Arguing and fighting? Why not just hit the road as soon as she got to MB? Girls that age can be very vindictive and conniving as well. As seen on their photobuckets and comments, they really don't give a fig what happened to her. WIH, are they not back in MB being interrogated???

maybe she was trying to waste time before a friend/cohort could pick her up? Possibly that friend/cohort could only get away from their normal life when Brittanee was on her walk back to the girls hotel?

If you follow my lil theory above, I can see a teenager sticking around a bunch of B's if she did not have enough money for her own place, not to mention she was too young to rent her own room until a meeting/pick up could be arranged if she were trying to runaway.

I don't know, I'm just trying to keep all avenues open.

I agree, a fire needs to be set under those girls butts and they need to be interrogated some more!! As well as down there helping search!!!! :furious:

Is there a list of all the "players" FB's and myspaces? Also, I find it a little strange that Brittanee did not have either one. I would love to know what her "real" friends are saying on their pages...

Hmmm. My 15 yr old daughter was missing for 4 days once.
I knew she was up to no good.
I called friends. I called ex friends. I drove up and down the streets
of the town.
I went to where she hung out.
I finally discovered her at a so called 'friend's ' home. This was a new to her friend.
It was dark. I was accompanied by my 6 ft 2 in, 16 yr old son.
They would not answer the door.
I went back to my car.
I tried again. This time, I yelled through the door. I know she is in there.
I will give you 5 minutes or I will call the police.
Teens came to door. Said she was not there. I said I want to talk with your parents. Now. The mom would not come to the door.
I said I am calling the police, let them check out your house.
In a few seconds, daughter was at the door. She said she would not go with me.
I said, yes, you are and her brother picked her up and put her in the car.

Sad to say, that was not the end of it all. But she did go into rehab and now she is a wonderful, PTO, working single mom of two kids.

OT: Sorry.

I dunno.. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a bunch of party-happy kids... perhaps taking drugs.. are involved. These were kids on their spring break and clearly living it up. I see the "return my shorts" as girls being girls. Not for anything but she may have taken them without asking and the other girl was just being a witch about it. Also if they did do it, they would be scared, and I can't see them holding up to questioning. Maybe I watch too many crime shows but it seems like LE could get one of the girls to turn on the others, or the girls would not be able to keep their story straight and the LE could trip them up. I think the police must have reviewed all their cell records and determined they were elsewhere.

PB's lawyer said she was hanging around with the boys because she was not getting along with the girls. She probably went to the boy's hotel because of the disputes. If JO called her and told her to bring her shorts back, right then, it sounds as though she was pretty upset. Knowing teenage girls they probably got themselves all worked up. Obviously enough to move hotels and leave B's things! I doubt there was any type of plan to kill her, it was probably a situation that got out of hand. Has anyone tried to contact people JO knew while living in MB? Perhaps she called up an old friend for help? Where did the girls say they were at this time?

Thanks for sharing your story, Lonetraveler. Wow. Not to pry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to...but the girlfriend knew where your daughter was all that time? Did your daughter know this 38 year old guy from the internet? Like I said, if these details are too personal, I understand. You must have been going crazy all that time, I can't imagine.

I would love to hear your idea.

Sorry for taking so long to answer you! A neighbor had stopped in and I visited for a while.

I really rather not say what I think about that right now. You can probably guess what I meant anyway. It is probably too soon to draw the conclusion I have drawn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock