Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lEW657 - I agree with you. I think she went to buy drugs and that is why PB flew out so quickly. He didn't want to get busted for the drugs or underage drinking. I know I watch to many movies, but the scene i just keep seeing is the following.

She leave the boys hotel. She talked with BF said she was having a bad time, he says just enjoy yourself the last night. She agrees. She is walking back to her hotel and sees a familiar face. Someone she meet in her other hotel or at a club the night before. He ask her if she wants to go to a party and she thinks WTH might has well have a good time this last night. Guy turns out to be Perp.

Just some random thoughts...

1. Many here are assuming that the girls comments about "sxxit messing up their trip" refers to B going missing. My thought is no - that was the end of the trip - I think the whole trip may have been a mess of drama and girl fighting.

2. PB has something to hide - most probably. My guess is B went to the room to do one of two things: a."hook up" with one of the boys or b. buy drugs. By the length of her visit my guess in b but she could have been shot down quickly as being too young

3. The girls behaviour - if they were really not friends and just casually knew each other - wouldn't everyone here be questioning their behavior if they were on TV crying about B missing?

4. Did we ever find out who actually invited B on the trip?

5. B's cellphone - unless it is an older phone it will definitely have GPS on it. All phones must be GPS equipped for 911 purposes to be activated - it is a federal law. Now - must phones either have the option to turn this on or to activate it only for 911 purposes.

6. People seem to think her walking that distance was odd. Honestly to this day when my friends and I go to the beach - we walk everywhere, cars are parked and don't move for the week. Walking a couple miles to go someplace isn't a big deal.

I keep flip flopping on this one - a big part of me thinks this girl ran away. But another part thinks she got in a car with the wrong guy.
---------------------
Your no. 6: were you walking alone all this time or with your friends? I have lived on the beach and now live very close and have always walked at the beach without worry until the last two years when women started disappearing who were alone at the beach. I can see where friends would not hesitate to walk everywhere at MB as long as they were together. At night, at 17 yr old, walking that distance alone should have been a concern.

what I'd like to know is:

-how long has Brittanee and John G. been dating?

-any fights with girlfriends lately?

I believe a fellow poster said John G and Brittanee had been dating for 2 and 1/2 years. John G did say in an interview (sorry, I don't have a link but I'm sure someone would be happy to search it out for you!) that in the last texts with B, she was saying how she was having a miserable time in Myrtle Beach due to not getting along with the girls she was there with.

Hope this helps some!

that's really such a sad commentary. There are more people on this site that care about what happened to B. than the people she shared probably her last days with. If somebody I went on a trip with went missing, I would be a wreck and be doing everything I could to help.

There hasn't even been a vigil for her (as far as I know).

ITA. Friend or not, if someone that came on a trip with me hundreds of miles from our home and ended up going missing, I would do anything I could to help find her. Not just carry on as if things were fine. They sure looked friendly in their pictures together too.

that's really such a sad commentary. There are more people on this site that care about what happened to B. than the people she shared probably her last days with. If somebody I went on a trip with went missing, I would be a wreck and be doing everything I could to help.

----------------
I totally agree with your view on the girls' lack of compassion or even common decency to be affected by one of their friends disappearing while on a springbreak with them. I'm not saying that the girls actually harmed her but they could have sent some bozo to go pick her up and say that one of them sent him. I'm sure they could manage to be mean enough to do this, if they were mean enough to abandon her and leave her things behind and then have the gall to call her to bring the shorts back to them. Maybe they set her up and did send someone they just met at the bar to go pick her up and it just happened to be a predator.

okay so we have a 17 year old missing girl. Her mom, Dawn D. has stated that Brittanee suffers from depression.. There is still the possibility that she ran away. What do we know about her home life?

-birth father lives in Florida. Brittanee visits him during the summertime.
-Dawn D. last husband, Chad D. adopted Brittanee when she was 3.
-Dawn D. and Chad are getting a divorce.
-Dawn's latest, Michael W. is stationed overseas ATM.
-according to a comment left by Dawn on Michael's myspace it appears if you combine the families, they have 5 kids together!

what I'd like to know is:
-how long has Dawn and Chad been separated?
-how long has Dawn been seeing Michael?
-how far along are the divorce proceedings?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her mom?
-how many siblings does Brittanee have from her birth father?
-how long has Brittanee and John G. been dating?
-what's the relationship like between Brittanee and Dawn?
-any fights with girlfriends lately?

I don't watch tv, so I have not seen any news reports other than those posted online.. has the boyfriend spoken about Brittanee's emotional state prior to her MB trip? during the trip?

I'm still bothered by John H.'s myspace saying he has a secret. IIRC the one video I watched online of Dawn, she stated that John H. and Brittanee were really good friends... I'm wondering, how good of friends?!

to the locals: do you remember how out of control the wildfire was that first Saturday night? How about Sunday? (I just can not remember!)

BBM

When did John H. say he has a secret? I would like to know in what context he said that. I remember Dawn saying that he and Brittanee were very good friends and I believe she had also stated that they had hung out together when he was home not long ago.

I have an idea what the secret might would be but certainly do not want to say it right now.

I pray that Brittanee will be located very soon.

Welcome to WS, woot. I think it's rather harsh of the girls to not care about the poor girl they took down to MB with them who is now missing. They've gone on with their lives and they're not looking back. They seem to blame her for messing up their trip. To me, that's harsh.

I think it is not just harsh, but very wrong of those girls, January. When they go on spring break together they have an obligation to each other to look out for each other's safety.

I would feel better about those girls if they were upset that a person in their group was missing. I think some jealousy was involved here and the girls really did not care for Brittanee because she is so tiny and cute.

I just want her to be found so badly. I am glad Dawn is saying on tv that she just wants her to come home and that they are not angry at her. I feel it is so important for her to say that over and over as long as there is a chance Brittanee is still alive. I am not giving up on the possibility that she may still be alive out there somewhere.

do u have the link to john h page on myspace.maybe he did find b in m.b when he got there and helped her get away. possible huh

oh boy, a 17 year old could have lots of secrets...my mind just took me in several different directions.

Am I missing something? Did the girls that Brit went to MB with say that about her disappearance? That they weren't close enough to her to feel bad about it? Wow....what I would like to know is WHEN did they say that? Sheesh, I bet they feel sorry about that comment now. How could they not feel bad she is gone? Really, when I see another human being in pain...I feel part of that pain even when I don't know them! My husband says I am too sensitve but I consider it an attribute.

I know these girls are only teenagers and teens sometimes say some pretty dumb things but that comment is ridiculous in my opinion and makes me what to question these girls further.

me too. wasnt it j who has the secret? if he hung out with her, i have a feeling what the secret could be and what could cause a girl to run off without contacting her family anymore. wheels are turning. as someone up there said, a good sleuther will look at all angles right? I think weve about covered them all here.

Am I missing something? Did the girls that Brit went to MB with say that about her disappearance? That they weren't close enough to her to feel bad about it? Wow....what I would like to know is WHEN did they say that? Sheesh, I bet they feel sorry about that comment now. How could they not feel bad she is gone? Really, when I see another human being in pain...I feel part of that pain even when I don't know them! My husband says I am too sensitve but I consider it an attribute.

I know these girls are only teenagers and teens sometimes say some pretty dumb things but that comment is ridiculous in my opinion and makes me what to question these girls further.

I don't think they flat out came out and said that, but they took pictures of themselves having a great time on the ride home without Brittanee, after she was reported missing which certainly portrays them as not caring. Looking at their Facebook pages, it's apparent that they're carrying on with their lives as they did before.

where are all the facebook pages? I thought they were all private?

Dawn Drexel tells "FOX & Friends" that she is "not really satisfied" that authorities ruled out involvement on the part of Peter Broswick and his male friends — whose Myrtle Beach hotel room Brittanee went to just before she disappeared the night of April 25.

"I'm going by what police officers are telling me, and they are going by what evidence they do have," Drexel said Wednesday. "Someone may have been watching her and may have abducted her."

Drexel thinks someone knows something about where her daughter is. http://www.myfoxspokane.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

so the mom is not convinced the boys are cleared yet......

A $1,000 reward is being offered from Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry for information related to Drexel, who was last seen on April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach, said Frank Morea, public information officer with the organization. http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/888416.html

sorry if this crimestoppers info has already been posted. Hopefully if any of the teens had anything to do with this they will take advantage of the anonymous crime stopper line...

Heres my takes on the theories...take it FWIW and feel free to poke holes! That is WS is all about!
#1 runaway~If she was going to runaway, why would she jump when the girls called??? Why would she head in the direction of the hotel? Why would she tell them she is on her way? If I was running away I would have said screw them and did what I wanted. This theory just doesn't fly to me.
#2 stranger obduction~I still feel there would be enough foot/car traffic to keep this happening. She was almost half way to her hotel, would she had accepted a ride from anyone remotely questionable?
#3 girls and boys~I still think the girls are the best bet. If you think girls now a days are all sugar and spice I have a bridge to sell you! Just take one look at youtube at the girl fights and be disgusted!! Not all are this way, but girls who would make their "friend" walk back for a pair of black shorts, who would not acknowledge their missing "friend" in some of her last photos, who would take off and leave knowing somthing is wrong and who would continue on like nothing happened I feel could exhibit this type of misconduct. Of course MOO!!

Don't misunderstand me... I agree their behavior and actions since is extremely crappy, and I am NOT defending it. My point is simply that its a HUGE leap from crappy behavior to them committing a crime. There are a lot of comments to the effect that they were jealous so they lured her etc. That's all.

Welcome to WS! It actually is not a HUGE leap to investigate the people who are the closest to a victim by either their relationship or proximity to the victim at the time a crime occured. LE does this and there is a good reason why.

Most people are murdered by someone they know. Random psychopathic stranger murders and abductions are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock