Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who can't read the FB posts...
I've removed the posters name.

wrote
at 9:11pm
Hello Everyone
What I am about to post here is completely the truth. I believe I saw her on Monday afternoon (05-11-09) with a young male companion. I have reported this information to not only the Missing and Exploited Children center and and the S. C. tip line. I hope that she is found soon. If in fact the person I saw is Brittanee she appeared unharmed and not being held against her will. She moved freely from her male companion to use cell phone. To her mother: Please contact the authorities, they will be able to provide more particular information of her possible sighting that I provided. I am not providing this information to give you false hope, but to give you hope that you daughter is alive and unharmed.
I believe my name will appear with this post. It will help identify who provided the information if you contact the authorities. I wish you well in finding your daughter.. Our family will be praying for her safe return.

wrote
at 9:17pm
To Brittanee's Mother: Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone. The authorities at Missing and Exploited have my contact information..

wrote
at 9:41pm
I will not mention where I thought i saw her. That is for her family and the authorities. I just wanted to be able to let her mother know I believe I saw her. No I did not speak to her, saw her for about 10 minutes.. that is all I really want to say here.. I don't mean to be vague, but I think its best that her family know first... sorry.

wrote
at 10:53pm
All I can say is that she drew attention to herself and her male companion when she made a comment about she knew a police car when she saw it.. That is why I originally took interest in her.. I had not even seen a copy of her photo or had heard about her missing.. It was only after seeing her and a family member mentioned about a missing teenage that I did a google search and came up with a picture of her. Had I seen the picture of her first.. maybe this conversation would have been different. That is what I truly regret...This was Monday afternoon, she and her companion could be anywhere now.. I just wanted to offer any assistance and comfort I could to the family....

wrote
at 11:15pm
Hello Everyone.. Please do not ask me where I thought I saw her.. That information is for family and authorities... I will not answer any request for additional information. If you are a family member, I am sure the information will be made available to you from the appropriate authorities...

Thank's autumndreams, I hope and pray she is alive and well.

Wow. that is crazy...The thing I hate about tips like that-- they don't say anything-- like what was she wearing? What makes you think it was really her? Has this person been living under a rock? I live in Wisconsin and just about every woman I know at work has heard about this story since N. Grace had Dawn on the show...Monday would also have been the same day that Dr. Phil aired his show (for those that don't have cable)...

A male companion huh? That just sounds weird to me...It doesn't make any sense...She has a boyfriend and a family that she contacted multiple times per day on a regular basis...I guess if it was drug related, then maybe it would make sense...

wrote
Hello Everyone
What I am about to post here is completely the truth. I believe I saw her on Monday afternoon (05-11-09) with a young male companion. I have reported this information to not only the Missing and Exploited Children center and and the S. C. tip line. I hope that she is found soon. If in fact the person I saw is Brittanee she appeared unharmed and not being held against her will. She moved freely from her male companion to use cell phone. To her mother: Please contact the authorities, they will be able to provide more particular information of her possible sighting that I provided. I am not providing this information to give you false hope, but to give you hope that you daughter is alive and unharmed.
I believe my name will appear with this post. It will help identify who provided the information if you contact the authorities. I wish you well in finding your daughter.. Our family will be praying for her safe return.

wrote
at 9:17pm
To Brittanee's Mother: Please feel free to contact me on my cell phone. The authorities at Missing and Exploited have my contact information..

wrote
at 9:41pm
I will not mention where I thought i saw her. That is for her family and the authorities. I just wanted to be able to let her mother know I believe I saw her. No I did not speak to her, saw her for about 10 minutes.. that is all I really want to say here.. I don't mean to be vague, but I think its best that her family know first... sorry.

wrote
at 10:53pm
All I can say is that she drew attention to herself and her male companion when she made a comment about she knew a police car when she saw it.. That is why I originally took interest in her.. I had not even seen a copy of her photo or had heard about her missing.. It was only after seeing her and a family member mentioned about a missing teenage that I did a google search and came up with a picture of her. Had I seen the picture of her first.. maybe this conversation would have been different. That is what I truly regret...This was Monday afternoon, she and her companion could be anywhere now.. I just wanted to offer any assistance and comfort I could to the family....

wrote
at 11:15pm
Hello Everyone.. Please do not ask me where I thought I saw her.. That information is for family and authorities... I will not answer any request for additional information. If you are a family member, I am sure the information will be made available to you from the appropriate authorities...

This person is full of cr*p. They obviously just want attention for themselves. If they really saw her they would state the location so other people can look out for her. Just another idiot on the web.

I think that the most likely scenario regarding B's disappearance is that she accepted a ride from someone, or she was pushed into a vehicle by a perp. It is really too bad that these young girls take to wandering around by themselves in unfamiliar surroundings. Why was it so necessary that she leave her friends and go alone to visit the boys' hotel? I guess there is a slight chance that she met someone and decided to run off with him, but this is extremely unlikely. Another sad case.

I think she meant to take her home to her home in Florence.... I wonder if anyone else saw this girl or if there were survellience cameras. Now--a what if scenerio...

WHAT IF it was Brittanee? Could it be that she has been so busy "partying" that she does not even know that anyone is looking for her? Could it be that she is scared to come home because she feels she "messed up"? Now that her mother is stating that she thinks Britanee is dead, do you think Britanee feels that she cannot come home now?

I'm catching up with the thread, so forgive me if this has been said...

You actually make a good point. We don't know how much of her psych meds Brittanee had with her, so it is possible that that could be affecting her perception of what's going on, especially since it sounds like her family "issues" may be what triggered the depression.

But I think that this would be an instance where the whole divorce thing works towards Brittanee coming home. Even if she mistakenly thinks that her mom doesn't want her to come home, she has a dad she can go to.

:cow: Regardless of how "true" this report seems to be the girl putting it out there seems to just be looking for attention. If she really did see Brittanee she would be telling all her friends and it wouldn't be too long before someone responsible directed her to a more appropriate authority.

If that doesn't happen we'll just have to wait until someone tells her there is an award and she'll get free tickets to go see Britany Spears in concert. :crazy:

if it is a timeshare would it still be listed under a mortgage? i didnt think you actually have a mortgage with those.

My ex had a time share and it was considered real estate and he paid a mortgage on it. It was actually at the Wyndam (sp?) Resort in Orlando. The sale cost was like $20,000 and he paid the monthly payments to pay that off. Since it was a piece of property, the bank considered it a mortgage. Really sucked when he was trying to buy a house.

wrote
Hello Everyone

I truly hope that she is found alive and well.

Just thinking that if she really wanted to "run away", it's possible this scenario could be true. Teenagers tend to not grasp the magnitude of the consequences of their actions.

Maybe she went to MB, partied a lot, and met someone. They spent the evening talking on the beach, she told him of all of her troubles, he offered to help her "get away from it all" and is helping her hide. A lot of men like to be the "knight in shining armor" (no matter if that image is a bit skewed depending on the situation) if given the chance.

Just another theory to add to the bunch.

intelius.com free search comes up with these for previous residences::

Dawn D.
13 Rochester, NY
1 Canandaigua, NY
1 Interlaken, NY
2 Virginia Beach, VA
2 Escondido, CA
1 San Diego, CA

Chad D.
2 Poway, CA
4 Rochester, NY
1 Virginia Beach, VA
1 Escondido, CA
1 San Diego, CA

anyone familiar with that website? How accurate are they normally?
Dawn and Chad come up with 7 of the same Counties.. Chad's been B's adoptive father for 14 years.. that's a lot of moving around if that website is accurate, even if he was in the military. Maybe B did not want to start all over with a new school?

I'm catching up with the thread, so forgive me if this has been said...

You actually make a good point. We don't know how much of her psych meds Brittanee had with her, so it is possible that that could be affecting her perception of what's going on, especially since it sounds like her family "issues" may be what triggered the depression.

But I think that this would be an instance where the whole divorce thing works towards Brittanee coming home. Even if she mistakenly thinks that her mom doesn't want her to come home, she has a dad she can go to.

:cow: Regardless of how "true" this report seems to be the girl putting it out there seems to just be looking for attention. If she really did see Brittanee she would be telling all her friends and it wouldn't be too long before someone responsible directed her to a more appropriate authority.

If that doesn't happen we'll just have to wait until someone tells her there is an award and she'll get free tickets to go see Britany Spears in concert. :crazy:

there was a police report made mon afternoon that says for the call reason something about bd/thats about the same time she said she saw her. so maybe she is being truthful. maybe she put it on fb hoping the parents would see it and contact her.

there was a police report made mon afternoon that says for the call reason something about bd/thats about the same time she said she saw her. so maybe she is being truthful. maybe she put it on fb hoping the parents would see it and contact her.

I agree .. maybe it is her maybe it's not .. you can't take a chance. And if she feels that it really is her I think she was just trying to be considerate to the family. That's all.

She must have gotten a new cell phone then, because she surely isn't using her own. Who would she have been calling? I don't know, I just have a hard time believing it was her.

this is awesome. they actually got a tag. i think this sighting is unrelated to the woman who posted on facebook because she said she saw her mon afternoon. this was in the morning. Thinking positively this is the 3rd person this week who said they saw her so this is becoming more like she must be alive and has been laying low due to media.

from http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=299808

Horry County police received a call Thursday morning, about a possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel, the missing 17 year old from Rochester, NY who disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach on April 25th.

Lieutenant Chuck Capp with Myrtle Beach police says when they were notified by Horry County police about the possible sighting, they responded to the Scotchman convenience store at 5200 Socastee Boulevard.

The person who made the sighting reported the girl was petite, blonde with dark hair in the back, used the first name Brittany on a transaction at the store, and was in a burgundy car with New York tags.

Lt. Capp says they have reviewed surveillance tape at the store and have no indication at this time that it's Brittanee Drexel. Capp says they are still getting reports of numerous sightings every day, and they take all of them seriously.

Capp added it appeared the girl seen at the store Thursday morning was in the early stages of pregnancy.

I hope that Brittanee is found alive and well. I'm having a hard time with the FB postings, though.
ETA: Who could this mysterious guy be? Just a random dude? :confused:
As for the pregnancy issue, she is tiny...it's been nearly a month. I don't think it's THAT unreasonable to think that she could be showing now when she wasn't before...

her belly was pretty flat in those beach pics so i dont think it really is possible to just appear pregnant that quick is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85