Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what I want to know is where is this 'cousin' from?

if she was from NY what was she doing at a mall in Florence possibly on her way home?
If you don't know the back roads, one would think 501 would be shorter/quicker way back to the interstate.. going to Florence takes you further south on the interstate.

I've been to the truck stops in Florence (husbands a trucker) and rarely ever ventured more than 2 miles from the interstate there.. ain't nothin' pretty or special IMO
-----------
Interstate 95 runs by Florence. Interstate 20 starts at Florence too.

Ok, that alleged sighting is tripping my hinky meter. Why would the lady go into the store? That just sounds so cliche. You turn your head and the person is gone. I'm not buying it.

--------------
I usually have to pass on posting regarding a post about someone who claims to have seen a missing person only to have left them for a few minutes or left all together and did not stay with them until LE arrived. I get so angry that I tend to post things I shouldn't, like why the he** did that person leave the girl after recognizing her and the girl approaching her for help. This reminds me too much of the mall sighting of a little girl that store employees swore was Caylee but they just stood there and did nothing. I don't believe this sighting of B but I am willing to change my mind if credibility occurs.

--------------
I usually have to pass on posting regarding a post about someone who claims to have seen a missing person only to have left them for a few minutes or left all together and did not stay with them until LE arrived. I get so angry that I tend to post things I shouldn't, like why the he** did that person leave the girl after recognizing her and the girl approaching her for help. This reminds me too much of the mall sighting of a little girl that store employees swore was Caylee but they just stood there and did nothing. I don't believe this sighting of B but I am willing to change my mind if credibility occurs.

And the one where the Gma supposedly seen Haleigh Cummings and noticed the sticked on the back window of the car, but not the license plate. DUH

That appears to be the address for the "Lighthouse Motel", 1.4 miles north of the boys' hotel, and .8 miles south of BD's hotel.

Actually, Lighthouse is just a little north of Bar Harbor.

Hi Elle~ The demeanor of Peter on the Dr. Phil show was defensiveness, often at times unable to look into the camera and fidgeting. This could have been from self -consciousness, nervousness or guilt. I surmise that Peter is not responsible for B's disappearance.

The mother had sad pleading eyes. Exhaustion and frustration at the lack of concern of the "kids" that went down to Myrtle beach.

I cannot defend these kids, but I do think they kind of left B to her own. I think she befriended someone on the broadwalk and was leered into a situation.

Her step father was there and he seemed sincere and frustrated as well.

-----------
That is very disconcerning. There is a cab driver here in Wilmington, NC that is a suspect in at least two women's deaths and there are other women in nearby locations that are missing. Witnesses have placed a cab near the scene where the two women's bodies were found. He hasn't been arrested yet for the murders, just a suspect at this time. Surely hope that he was not hunting farther south since there would be many girls to choose from during spring break.

almost a straight shot south: (from Wilmington to MB)
77.4 mi – about 1 hour 34 mins
ok ETA: he's been cleared but I'm not sure if a cab may have been involved (first I've seen this story) http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?s=8693502

it's only illegal to transport a minor across state lines in the commission of a crime, not to go on vacation. If that were the case, every parent in America could be arrested! And she definitely went voluntarily.

As far as the divorce, I think all we have heard is that the house is in foreclosure, and mom already has a new boyfriend, B. was going to have to possibly change schools in her senior year (I think she was going to continue living with her mother and possibly the new bf?), recently reunited with her long lost biodad. Alot of life changing events for a 17 year old to handle. I think when her mom said no, she couldn't go to MB, that kind of put B. over the edge a bit. I have a feeling mom wasn't really all that strict with her, so this could have been a shock to B. that she said no. And if she is as strong willed as we have heard, the word "no" is probably not in her vocabulary. But her mom was right, she knew nothing good was going on down in MB, she was very young, etc.

Someone posted that LE is going back tosquare one and looking at everything and everybody all over again...I'm glad to hear that. I think there's alot that they haven't been told about her time in MB.

i will have to find it again, but i was researching florida public records(Florida used to be about the only state that would let you see documents online for free-but now it cost). Nothing really significant except I found where B's mom and her current husband have a mortgage in Orlando? I think. My thoughts maybe vacation house? I just thought it was odd for them to have dealings in Florida where the bio dad is from. Wonder if they have thought about checking the property there. If anyone can pull it up, I think the county was Orange. You just type in the persons name and come up with 2 different listings for those 2. Just an interesting tidbit.

To: WYNDHAM VACATION RESORTS INC
Date: 08/28/2007
Doc Type: DEED
County: ORANGE
Description: UN 163 171 ETC FAIRFIELD ORLANDO AT BONNET CREEK RESORT PHASE IV

To: D. CHAD; D. DAWN; W. CAROL; W. ALAN
Date: 08/28/2007
Doc Type: MORTGAGE
Description: UN 163 171 ETC FAIRFIELD ORLANDO AT BONNET CREEK RESORT

To: W. ALAN; W. CAROL; D. CHAD; D. DAWN
Date: 06/20/2008
Doc Type: Deed
Description: Subdivision: FAIRFIELD ORLANDO @ BONNET CREEK RESORT Unit: 163 PHASE IV

In Myrtle Beach, police are regrouping to take a fresh a look at evidence in the case of the teen from Chili who disappeared there while on spring break.

That evidence includes surveillance video, interviews, even text messages.

Everything is back on the table in the hope that something new may come to light.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/New-Look-at-Search-for-Brittanee-Sister-to/TQ6eIX7Yg0eCag2HkZnYQg.cspx

Glad to hear this!

That is great news to hear! I've been on the 3 killed in Illinois thread all day so I'm trying to catch up.

I sure hope they start fresh with Brittanee's 'friends', Jen in particular.

yes it is a timeshare

With those things, you have to plan well in advance to have your week (or two depending on what you have). I'm sure it's been checked out....at least I hope it has. I don't see anything odd about having a time share in Florida though. It's a popular vacation spot, regardless if the biodad lives there or not.

if it is a timeshare would it still be listed under a mortgage? i didnt think you actually have a mortgage with those.

apparantly there was another facebook posting about another B sighting.What is going on? Could be possible that since the search died down and she thinks the media has let up, that it would be a safe time to come from hiding when people are not paying so much attention to her(17 year old logic maybe?)

Hi Elle~ The demeanor of Peter on the Dr. Phil show was defensiveness, often at times unable to look into the camera and fidgeting. This could have been from self -consciousness, nervousness or guilt. I surmise that Peter is not responsible for B's disappearance.

The mother had sad pleading eyes. Exhaustion and frustration at the lack of concern of the "kids" that went down to Myrtle beach.

I cannot defend these kids, but I do think they kind of left B to her own. I think she befriended someone on the broadwalk and was leered into a situation.

Her step father was there and he seemed sincere and frustrated as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO; Peter on Dr Phil show came off on uncaring, spoiled, only thinking of himself person.
Guilty of something, I do not know.
Guilty of lack of empathy or compassion : I would say yes.
No wonder Brittanee's mom is so suspicious.

Anyone have video of that Dr Phil show?

i did a little digging(or as you say here sleuthing-sorry)on the call logs to see any calls placed to MB police monday afternoon as this person claimed they saw her at that time. She wouldnt mention where at so i looked at the log.There was a call placed around 330 and the address listed was 2805 S OCEAN BL which comes up as Sea Horn Motel in MB? anyone familar with that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer