Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K, I'm going out on a limb here. I have spent all morning catching up on the thread regarding the triple homicide in IL. I don't know if my eyes, heart and brain can take catching up on B's disappearance.

Would a kind person please care to give me the Reader's Digest version of what's happened since yesterday afternoon?

Nothing new to report. Seach was called off, but investigators are following up on leads. Some were questioning if it was actually her on the video from the boys hotel. Someone left a comment on FB about seeing her in Florence, SC.

I suggested the police check out a 911 call made at 4pm the day she disappeared. The report was for a suspicious cab located on 9th N. Ocean Blvd. My new theory (its changes daily) is she was offered a ride by a Perp driving what appeared to be a taxie. This is why noone noticed her getting in and why she didn't immediately try to escape.

I think that is it in a nutshell

Oh warbuckle, thank you so much. :blowkiss:

Interesting idea about her getting into a cab....

"09-041074 5/12/2009 09:25AM 110 N OCEAN BL FOLLOW UP WANTS TO TELL OFFICER ABOUT SOME INFO REGARDING
BRITTNEE DREXEL, MEET MR BROWN IN LOBBY 01-09-035452"

That appears to be the address for the "Lighthouse Motel", 1.4 miles north of the boys' hotel, and .8 miles south of BD's hotel.

I'm thinking Mr. Brown, the one who the LE went to meet for a follow up is an employee at this motel.
interesting tidbit: while researching Lighthouse Motel, I found that the 2nd Avenue Pier has the same address.

I wonder if Mr. Brown spotted B on her way to the boys hotel, on her way back to her hotel, or both. Come on LE leak us some info!

snipped respectfully

My new theory (its changes daily) is she was offered a ride by a Perp driving what appeared to be a taxie. This is why noone noticed her getting in and why she didn't immediately try to escape.

I think this is an intriguing theory. San Francisco has had a lot of problems with unlicensed cabs offering people rides and then robbing them. You see PSAs all over the city warning not to get into limos, towncars or unmarked cabs. About 10 years ago, a 24 year old girl was raped and murdered by a taxi driver after leaving a bar in an affluent area of SF.

Does MB have a lot of cabs? Or public transit for tourists? I haven't been over there in years.

Can someone refresh my memory....where does Brittanee's dad reside? Her bio-dad?

I'm thinking Mr. Brown, the one who the LE went to meet for a follow up is an employee at this motel.
interesting tidbit: while researching Lighthouse Motel, I found that the 2nd Avenue Pier has the same address.

I wonder if Mr. Brown spotted B on her way to the boys hotel, on her way back to her hotel, or both. Come on LE leak us some info!

I noticed the hotel has a camera pointed at the street. Look at left edge, about halfway between the lower and upper roofs:

Direct shot-
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...4729,-78.886868&spn=0,359.990387&z=17&iwloc=A

From an angle-
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...id=vL0PqMFuKh9kvsNvaCuIgQ&cbp=12,99.12,,0,5.1

I noticed the hotel has a camera pointed at the street. Look at left edge, about halfway between the lower and upper roofs:

Where on the Hotel itself .. or that white thing up on the wires?

.... Can anyone get access to BD FB page ? Because this is all i can get

Group Unavailable

We're sorry, this Group isn't available right now

You have to be invited now because of all the nasty comments being left.

What do we know about bio dad? I know she just reunited with him about 18 months ago. Seems like that is about the time Mom and Dad started divorce or marital problems.
How many times has she been to FL (I know FL connected to another case amazing)? How often does she talk to him? does he have a record? I can not get over the "love at first site " comment. Sadly these days you can never rule out the parents. Maybe she contated him and he knew she was there. Just looking for something new to slueth

A few thoughts about the video not looking like B:

She had been at the ocean. I know that after being in and around salt water all day, my hair looks frazzled, dry, course, frizzy, sunbleached, etc. That would be worse if my hair had been chemically treated repeatedly prior to the exposure to sun and salt.

The angle of the camera is making her look shorter and stockier IMO

She is 17 yo and needs to pass as a bit older, and so she may have her hair down and styled differently in an attempt to look older to get into the clubs.

---------
I look shorter, stockier and my hair looks frizzy at the beach too, but I don't think its the camera angle. :crazy:

---------
I look shorter, stockier and my hair looks frizzy at the beach too, but I don't think its the camera angle. :crazy:

:rotfl:
You ain't the only one...

I love SC. Smiling faces and beautiful faces :blowkiss: Its my home also.
--------------
SC has some of my most favorite places :) Favorite place to camp: Huntington Beach, Favorite city: Charleston.................

Nothing new to report. Seach was called off, but investigators are following up on leads. Some were questioning if it was actually her on the video from the boys hotel. Someone left a comment on FB about seeing her in Florence, SC.

I suggested the police check out a 911 call made at 4pm the day she disappeared. The report was for a suspicious cab located on 9th N. Ocean Blvd. My new theory (its changes daily) is she was offered a ride by a Perp driving what appeared to be a taxie. This is why noone noticed her getting in and why she didn't immediately try to escape.

I think that is it in a nutshell
-----------
That is very disconcerning. There is a cab driver here in Wilmington, NC that is a suspect in at least two women's deaths and there are other women in nearby locations that are missing. Witnesses have placed a cab near the scene where the two women's bodies were found. He hasn't been arrested yet for the murders, just a suspect at this time. Surely hope that he was not hunting farther south since there would be many girls to choose from during spring break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer