Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10651810

"It's been close to 10 weeks now," said Carol. "It seems like an eternity, but I know Brittanee's out there and I hope she hears that Grandma and Grandpa are still waiting for her."

The family says they are exhausting all resources to find Drexel, even saying that Drexel's mother has gone to a psychic to try and find clues about where her daughter might be.

They said a sighting in Wilmington NC isn't that where John H. is stationed?

I know this may be a shot in the dark, but has anyone here entertained the thought of that SC Serial Killer being involved in Brittanee's disappearance? He seemed to have a penchant for teenagers.

Just a thought.

Myrtle Beach is approximately 4 and a half hours away from Gaffney. (where the 5 victims of the serial killer were)

LE has caught and killed the serial killer this morning.
I wondered that too at first, but i doubt the Gaffney serial killer was involved. Brittanee's disappearance doesn't fit his MO of killing his victims right then and there (I'm sure her body would have been found by now if he had) and he wasn't known to abduct anyone. Aside from being in the same state, there weren't any real similarities.

(Part of me wishes it WAS him just so the Drexels would have some answers, but the other part is glad it isn't, because they'd never be able to get answers from him about where their daughter is now.)

Just checking in. Hoped that there would be more information on the remains found in Myrtle Beach. I think I'll do some digging on this. See you later.

They said a sighting in Wilmington NC isn't that where John H. is stationed?

Wilmington is considered a halfway point between Jacksonville and Myrtle Beach. Hwy 17 south is the route people take to get from Jville to Myrtle Beach and vice versa - 17 South runs directly into Wilmington.

The only body that was recently found and reported in the media is a body on June 28th of a man from Virginia. And the only activity in the police reports at 3450 Highway 17 Bypass S is a fire alarm activation.

... would it be a bad idea to call the Myrtle Beach PD or maybe the Horry County Medex?

The human remains were confirmed in the police report - states that "Remains were found, county PD on scene", something to that effect. So all we know is that human remains were found in MB behind a Super 8 motel - we don't know the race, gender or anything.

I wonder... if these remains are Britt's, is it possible that they were moved from the original location by the perp? Perhaps he saw the reports about police coming down to Georgetown and McClellanville to search, so he panicked and brought the remains back up to a seedier part of MB (where, I'm guessing, moving things around in the shadows wouldn't be totally out of the ordinary). I can't imagine that Britt would have been abducted and killed right in Myrtle Beach. She would have to have been somewhere more secluded. With the kind of nightlife that MB has, I suspect it'd be bustling from 9 pm to dawn.
-----------
Do you have a link for the news article on the remains found? Or could you direct me as to how to find it? thank you.

The only body that was recently found and reported in the media is a body on June 28th of a man from Virginia. And the only activity in the police reports at 3450 Highway 17 Bypass S is a fire alarm activation.

... would it be a bad idea to call the Myrtle Beach PD or maybe the Horry County Medex?

I can shoot an email to the reporter that I have been in contact with. I am not sure why they didn't catch the story, unless they did hear it on the police scanner and were instructed not to air anything to do with it.

I was scrolling thru the police reports for the July 4th. I believe it was page 313 I saw a report where a lady called to say that a guy grabbed her grandaughter and was forcible with her and saying I am going to take you where you can make some good money. It was something to that affect.

This could be a possibility in the scenerio of what may have happened to Brittanee.

lonetraveler - The only info I posted on the remains is right from the police report. I don't have a news link. Sorry. :(

I was scrolling thru the police reports for the July 4th. I believe it was page 313 I saw a report where a lady called to say that a guy grabbed her grandaughter and was forcible with her and saying I am going to take you where you can make some good money. It was something to that affect.

This could be a possibility in the scenerio of what may have happened to Brittanee.

Sounds like a definite possibility. Was the location of the incident close to the Blue Water Resort? I can't seem to find the police report. :blushing:

I wonder if the guy was planning on bringing the potential victim to local prostitution hubs (assuming that was his intent, of course, and that he wasn't crazy or a serial killer) or overseas. In most human trafficking cases, the victims are lured, not just grabbed off the streets.

lonetraveler - The only info I posted on the remains is right from the police report. I don't have a news link. Sorry. :(

Sounds like a definite possibility. Was the location of the incident close to the Blue Water Resort? I can't seem to find the police report. :blushing:

I wonder if the guy was planning on bringing the potential victim to local prostitution hubs (assuming that was his intent, of course, and that he wasn't crazy or a serial killer) or overseas. In most human trafficking cases, the victims are lured, not just grabbed off the streets.

I'll see if I can locate it real fast.

09-064941 7/4/2009 07:57am n 4th av & chester st suspicious circumstances meet compl at holiday sands north at 400
nob south tower second floor cafe. Compl's 17 year old
grandaughter was walking down road when a man, nfd at this time,
came up to her and started to pull her down the street telling her​
he knows where she could make good money, per compl.

Thanks. I totally missed it in the police reports.

I wonder what time the incident took place. Perhaps the night before? N 4th Ave & Chester St. is less than 2 miles from the Blue Water Resort, and less than half a mile from the Bar Harbor Motel.

I am fairly irritated that the news media in NC hasn't picked up anything on Brittanee in several weeks, and certainly not anything about the remains that were discovered, and yet we've had not one, not two, but THREE articles in this week's newspaper about 8 boys being arrested for "simulating sex acts" under a pier while being filmed. The 8 kids are film school students and claim they were working on a project. Witnesses say there was no nudity and that they can't be sure, but it "looked like" they were simulating sex acts.

Granted, that's not something I care to stumble across either, but the 8 kids involved in this (1 filming, 2 acting, 5 in other "production" roles) are in jail with $10,000 bond apiece and are making the headlines in NC. Apparently this is far more newsworthy than a missing girl or a body that's been discovered, and that makes me awfully angry.

Apparently this is far more newsworthy than a missing girl or a body that's been discovered, and that makes me awfully angry.

I am just wondering if it is being kept quiet for a reason. I am most sure LE has found the inconsistencies as we have but there is nothing that can "without a doubt" point the finger and charge someone at this time. (No body, no physical evidence, etc.) If these human remains are to be Brittanee's or thought to be, then it will be kept quiet for legal purposes. Once they process the body for evidence of all kinds and a cause of death if it can be determined, then they will start to put the rest of the puzzle together.

We can keep our hopes up and continue to look at other scenerios, to keep her story alive. Since we don't know what has really happened to Brittanee.

------------
thanks, I looked in the Sun News for anything about the remains and could not find anything. I hope Debbie finds out something.

Has anyone heard anything about this is was in the MBpolice call records.

09-064969 7/4/2009 09:10AM 3450 17 BY SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES COMPL BELIEVES HE MAY HAVE FOUND HUMAN
REMAINS IN A FIELD NEAR THE MOTEL COMPL WILL MEET OFFICER IN THE
PARKING LOT HE IS IN A 04 GRY CHEV TAHOE PA TAG EPR6182; 332 IS OFF OF
HAIGE DRIVE OFF OF WATERGATE DRIVE FIRST DIRT ROAD ON THE LEFT AFTER
YOU GET ON HAIGE DRIVE; HUMAN REMAINS FOUND; COUNTY PD EN RT (09:37:44

I'll try to see where this is on the map anyone know?
============
Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area

3450 Hwy 17 Bypass South
Off Hwy 501 E 2.5 Miles S
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-6612 US
Phone: 843-293-6100

I am just wondering if it is being kept quiet for a reason. I am most sure LE has found the inconsistencies as we have but there is nothing that can "without a doubt" point the finger and charge someone at this time. (No body, no physical evidence, etc.) If these human remains are to be Brittanee's or thought to be, then it will be kept quiet for legal purposes. Once they process the body for evidence of all kinds and a cause of death if it can be determined, then they will start to put the rest of the puzzle together.

We can keep our hopes up and continue to look at other scenerios, to keep her story alive. Since we don't know what has really happened to Brittanee.
-----------
This really frustrating. No news about this at all. I would at least like to know if the remains are just skeletonized or how long it has been there..........anything. A press release to at least state that they have found remains,,, but then again, that would not be good for the tourist season...

============
Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area

3450 Hwy 17 Bypass South
Off Hwy 501 E 2.5 Miles S
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-6612 US
Phone: 843-293-6100

----------------
Adding to my post about the location of the remains. This Super 8 is in the same area as the convenience store where the clerk reported a girl with the name Brittney to the police. The police after reviewing the store video tape decided it wasn't Drexel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon