Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/959212.html
Reuben Clayton Harris, of Glen Allen, Va., was found about 6 a.m. Sunday by workers on the beach in the sand dunes at 43rd Avenue North, Edge said.
--------------
That is a different body than this one. This body was found on 7/4/09 at reported at 9:10 am in an area behind the Super 8 motel on 17 bypass at Socastee. I saw the news article about the Virginia man.

------------
thanks, I looked in the Sun News for anything about the remains and could not find anything. I hope Debbie finds out something.

I have sent an email, he works weekends but checks in or something like that during the week. He is always so nice to answer me . A great guy.

============
Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area

3450 Hwy 17 Bypass South
Off Hwy 501 E 2.5 Miles S
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-6612 US
Phone: 843-293-6100

Wonder if anyone from the super 8 would know about the remains? They probably wouldn't say anything though it might effect there business.

Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post
Has anyone heard anything about this is was in the MBpolice call records.

09-064969 7/4/2009 09:10AM 3450 17 BY SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES COMPL BELIEVES HE MAY HAVE FOUND HUMAN
REMAINS IN A FIELD NEAR THE MOTEL COMPL WILL MEET OFFICER IN THE
PARKING LOT HE IS IN A 04 GRY CHEV TAHOE PA TAG EPR6182; 332 IS OFF OF
HAIGE DRIVE OFF OF WATERGATE DRIVE FIRST DIRT ROAD ON THE LEFT AFTER
YOU GET ON HAIGE DRIVE; HUMAN REMAINS FOUND; COUNTY PD EN RT (09:37:44

I'll try to see where this is on the map anyone know?

I been on vacation with the family and am catching up on everything here.

EN RT = means on the way.

It's been almost 5 days since the call came in for a remains found. I would have to be happy to say this is not human. We would have heard something by now even to say unidentified human remains found. More than likely after looking at the map on google with the dirt road it was a deer. Deer remains without the skull and with missing parts of the legs or feet (hooves) can look like human remains. The rib cage, shoulders,and hips are very close in size to a person.

I know this because a few years ago my daughter and her friend came running in the house white as a ghost screaming they found a dead body. I had them take me to it and all that was there was the ribs, back bone,femur and i think a shoulder blade. I too thought it was human and called 911 the officer arrived and look and said yes that does look human and asked if we found the skull. Well no we didn't .. anyways he called and the Chief should up and said it was most likely to be deer and when on to explain to us about the deer and human similarities. They sent us on home as they needed to investigate the area to definitely rule out human.. When we got home we watched down the road and saw 2 more LE officers pull up.. they where there for about an hour. Then the first officer that we spoke to came to the house to let us know that it was a deer. I asked if they found the skull and he said no other wildlife most likely ran off with it along with other missing parts. But that they had someone come in and confirm it as 100% a deer.

With it already being public about the remains Super 8 wouldn't dare cover anything up. Then they would lose a ton of business. It can take up to a week or so to get forensic results but we are coming up on that.

I want to know who and what info did the give to Dawn for her to go on camera and say they are really close? You don't just say that unless you have a reason. Did someone lie to her? I don't understand why this isn't being disclosed.

With it already being public about the remains Super 8 wouldn't dare cover anything up. Then they would lose a ton of business. It can take up to a week or so to get forensic results but we are coming up on that.

I want to know who and what info did the give to Dawn for her to go on camera and say they are really close? You don't just say that unless you have a reason. Did someone lie to her? I don't understand why this isn't being disclosed.

From what I can tell locally, this information hasn't been made public as in news release or newspaper. We just know this due to the police log, which is public if people know where to find it.

We are not sure why Dawn said what she said, can only guess is the police must have told her something, but didn't explain for her not to go public with it.

Debbie, any reply from the detective yet? I hate being impatient, but it's such big news..!

@-Doc-: My guess is as good as yours when it comes to DD's statements. Either she's trying to revive public interest in the case by saying they're "close", or they really are close and MBPD doesn't want to disclose the info they have.

Debbie, any reply from the detective yet? I hate being impatient, but it's such big news..!

I haven't called the detective about the remains as of yet. I have been giving it a little time and will call tomorrow. I had to find a way to word what I want to say and not sound like a vulture (so to speak) . I'll report what I hear as soon as I hear it from MBPD. This should be interesting.

I wanted to give it time to be determined if the remains were human or not, even though it seems it was confirmed by that report.

--------------
That is a different body than this one. This body was found on 7/4/09 at reported at 9:10 am in an area behind the Super 8 motel on 17 bypass at Socastee. I saw the news article about the Virginia man.

Sorry Lone Traveler- I hadn't seen your reply I've been on vacation for a couple of days. If you wanted the link to the police report it is

http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/police/Mediareports/Calls%20for%20Service.pdf Look for it by the July 4th date.

Meeting set to assist search for Brittanee Drexel

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:46 AM EDT Updated: Jul 10, 2009 10:46 AM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Officials in Myrtle Beach and Georgetown and Charleston counties are meeting Friday to help in the search for a 17-year-old New Yorker who disappeared in April.

Brittanee Drexel, of Rochester, NY, was last seen April 25. Investigators searched throughout Myrtle Beach and south into Charleston County along the Santee River and Coastal Reserve.
The meeting will be at 1 p.m. at the Myrtle Beach Police Department Annex near the old Air Force Base. Officials say the meeting is to share thoughts and get investigators from each jurisdiction on the same page.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10705766

its great to see that at least the LE doesn't seem to have forgotten brittanee nor given up on searching for her.

I just saw this article on my home page. I haven't checked my email to see if the reporter emailed me, but it seems his news station will be at the conference.

I am guessing that this means (if) those were human remains they weren't Brittanee.

When I talked to the lead detective last week, I did tell him of our discussion here as well as the astrology forum here.

I just saw this article on my home page. I haven't checked my email to see if the reporter emailed me, but it seems his news station will be at the conference.

I am guessing that this means (if) those were human remains they weren't Brittanee.

When I talked to the lead detective last week, I did tell him of our discussion here as well as the astrology forum here.

I didn't get an email. He could be on vacation or figures I read the article which tells me he doesn't have an answer to my question of the remains.

I'll be watching the 5pm news to see if they air the meeting or say what was discussed.

Meeting set to assist search for Brittanee Drexel

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 10:46 AM EDT Updated: Jul 10, 2009 10:46 AM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Officials in Myrtle Beach and Georgetown and Charleston counties are meeting Friday to help in the search for a 17-year-old New Yorker who disappeared in April.

Brittanee Drexel, of Rochester, NY, was last seen April 25. Investigators searched throughout Myrtle Beach and south into Charleston County along the Santee River and Coastal Reserve.
The meeting will be at 1 p.m. at the Myrtle Beach Police Department Annex near the old Air Force Base. Officials say the meeting is to share thoughts and get investigators from each jurisdiction on the same page.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10705766

I wish they would add the Rochester PD to this

I wish they would add the Rochester PD to this

I would think that Rochester PD has been advised.

One policeman stated that he couldn't say what brought them to have this meeting. Later I heard him say that "it could have been something someone said"

I would think that Rochester PD has been advised.

One policeman stated that he couldn't say what brought them to have this meeting. Later I heard him say that "it could have been something someone said"

I wonder if it was because of Dawn D's statement on Rochester news about new leads case could break. Maybe they wanted to see if there was confusion. Thanks for info.

The entire meeting seems a bit odd

here is the link with outcomes http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/tips_keep_coming_but_no_new_leads_in_drexels_disappearance/63318/

I've felt for awhile that there is one of 2 possibilities, IMO.

1) She's dead.

or

2) She's got a fake ID and is stripping/exotic dancing with her friend. For a young girl, the money would seem amazing and she could easily live with new friends/guys etc. under the radar. There's quite a population in that business that are more transient, and a new face wouldn't generate a lot of questions, IMO. She's a cute girl, and can easily trade on her looks.

If she were stripping/exotic driving, do you think she would be doing it by choice or by force? I can't imagine that she wouldn't contact anyone in her family if she were safe and not held against her will.

I'm hoping the flurry of activity on this case won't die down. Brittanee, please come home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery