Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe something is happening with all three counties having a meeting of the minds.

This report sounds like the previous report of a girl walking, being offered a ride, and then being told that she was going to be killed:

7/10/2009 12:04AM MR JOE WHITE AV & JACKSON STLOITERING FEMALE WAS WALKING ON KINGS HWY WHEN SHE WAS GIVEN A
RIDE BY A BM; MALE TOLD HER SHE HAD TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM OR SHE WOULD
END UP IN THE WOODS; FEMALE JUMPED OUT OF THE VAN; (VISIBLE INJURIES)
SUSPECT VEH IS A WHI/BRO VAN SC/DQA723 UNK DIRECTION; SUSPECT IS DARK
SKINNED BM IN HIS EARLY 50'S UNK CLOTHING, NO WEAPONS WERE USED OR
THREATENED, EMS NEEDED // VAN FUELING AT 3RD/HWY 15 KANGAROO UNITS ON
SCENE 344,360,243 (00:41:12 on 07/10/09) REQ ABW FOR WHI/BRN VAN TOW #
09-3368

Interesting. Even if Britt wasn't the victim of this or something like this, there's no doubt that someone scary is out there in MB.

A veteran Myrtle Beach police officer said the investigation into the disappearance of a New York teenager in April has circumstances "that are different than any that I've worked since I've been here," but would not reveal the details.

Sgt. Joey Crosby said there is still hope that Brittanee Drexel, 17, is alive despite not being heard from since April 25.

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/976352.html

Thanks for the article, Lindsay. It really sounds like LE knows something that they don't want to disclose to the public, for whatever reason. Maybe DD wasn't so off with asserting that there might be a 'possible break' after all.

Looked and didn't see this posted yet, sorry if I overlooked it:

"It was a meeting of the minds Friday, as police continue the search for a missing New York teenager.

It's been two and a half months since 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel disappeared in Myrtle Beach."

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=323253

This part:

"This case has various circumstances surrounding it that are different than any that I've worked since I've been here," Crosby. He said he can't reveal what makes Brittanee's disappearance different than the others, but with all the time, effort and information that's gone into this case, Myrtle Beach Police thought it worthwhile to bring in Georgetown and Charleston County investigators to share ideas."

really stands out to me. I guess there are no questions now regarding whether LE has info they are withholding or not. Clearly they do... it'd be interesting to know what. I understand that's not possible though or it may hurt the investigation. I wonder what makes this case so different?

wow i wonder what the differences are.

Pardon me for butting in here a second, I have followed some from the fringes. Thanks for the story LLLindsayy, being from the south coastal region something caught my eye I'll share, I'll let you all decide how relevant it is.

Quoting and bolding from the story and geography of the area.

Brittannee was last seen as she left the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach on April 25th. The last place her cell phone gave off a signal was on the Charleston/Georgetown County line the night she disappeared.

County line??? If so I doubt she was in Myrtle beach anymore at her last ping, she appears to have been headed for maybe the Charleston S.C. area or at least south of Myrtle Beach location and probably a number of miles also. I have not yet located the line between Charleston/Georgetown county.

Geographically speaking I don't think she was in Myrtle at her last ping reported. IMO

ETA: At least her phone was headed south.

A veteran Myrtle Beach police officer said the investigation into the disappearance of a New York teenager in April has circumstances "that are different than any that I've worked since I've been here," but would not reveal the details.

Sgt. Joey Crosby said there is still hope that Brittanee Drexel, 17, is alive despite not being heard from since April 25.

http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/976352.html

Thanks for posting these articles. I noticed a couple things Sgt Croby said the most "Intimate" details of this case are different then anything he has seen. Also in another paragraph Dawn D says she has been told nothing of the new developments. So how did Dawn come on Rochester news and say new information coming in and case could open up.

I wonder if Dawn was just continuing to put the heat on the kids from Rochester?

I have thought all this time that Brittanee did not want to go back to New York and face her Mom being that her Mom had told her she could not go to begin with. It just would not surprise me at all. In fact, the only times I have posted on this thread I have stated that.

Britt had a fairly big bag with her, IIRC, so she wasn't just carrying lip gloss and her wallet. She could have had some clothing in it. Maybe she never intended to go back to her hotel because she was wearing one of the girls shorts. I know Britt reportedly left all of her makeup at the girl's hotel, but having a nice tan, probably all she would need is her eye makeup and lip gloss.

One thing for sure, tho, is that someone knows something. Either one of the girls or Peter (?). IDK, but I just have had this 'gut feeling' that Britt just did not intend to go back home. She will be 18 in October and no one can make her go back then.

I hope that Britt is somewhere safe and well.

If you read inbetween the lines of what LE is saying, it is going to surprise a lot of people.

I've felt for awhile that there is one of 2 possibilities, IMO.

1) She's dead.

or

2) She's got a fake ID and is stripping/exotic dancing with her friend. For a young girl, the money would seem amazing and she could easily live with new friends/guys etc. under the radar. There's quite a population in that business that are more transient, and a new face wouldn't generate a lot of questions, IMO. She's a cute girl, and can easily trade on her looks.
If she's under the radar it's not in Eastern SC.Virtually every convenience store,gas,station and feed store,every other tree,telephone pole and stop sign,have the poster of Britanee missing.Volunteers setup along the highways.
I'm in Charleston County ,2 hours from MB and it's like she's one of of our own.

Pardon me for butting in here a second, I have followed some from the fringes. Thanks for the story LLLindsayy, being from the south coastal region something caught my eye I'll share, I'll let you all decide how relevant it is.

Quoting and bolding from the story and geography of the area.

County line??? If so I doubt she was in Myrtle beach anymore at her last ping, she appears to have been headed for maybe the Charleston S.C. area or at least south of Myrtle Beach location and probably a number of miles also. I have not yet located the line between Charleston/Georgetown county.

Geographically speaking I don't think she was in Myrtle at her last ping reported. IMO

ETA: At least her phone was headed south.
Here's a link to SC county maps.Charleston County is the beige /tan strip on the coast below Georgetown County.CH CO ends just above McClellenville.

http://www.sciway.net/maps/cnty/

This one has hit close to home for me,literally and figuratively.I have 3 daughters who have gone to MB from to time.I thought there would be answers by now,so I really haven't participated on the forum much.
I hope something breaks soon.The fact that her phone went quiet really concerns me.

Thanks for posting these articles. I noticed a couple things Sgt Croby said the most "Intimate" details of this case are different then anything he has seen. Also in another paragraph Dawn D says she has been told nothing of the new developments. So how did Dawn come on Rochester news and say new information coming in and case could open up.

I wonder if Dawn was just continuing to put the heat on the kids from Rochester?
=============
I agree, the Sgt.'s comments about "Intimate" details of the case being different than anything he has seen, really stirred my curiosity big time. I hate to even start trying to figure that comment out. My ability to imagine scenarios is about the only "strong" ability I have left. Any clues, anyone?

If she's under the radar it's not in Eastern SC.Virtually every convenience store,gas,station and feed store,every other tree,telephone pole and stop sign,have the poster of Britanee missing.Volunteers setup along the highways.
I'm in Charleston County ,2 hours from MB and it's like she's one of of our own.

Well I can say that when I made the trip to MB on Ocean Blvd and to the hotel she went missing from there was not one poster anywhere. I guess because it may hurt the tourist's thoughts of the area.

It has been said that Brittanee's mom got the call at 9:30 pm that Brittanee was missing , so with that being said.... why was it a little over 7 hours until the report was filed at MBPD by John Hahn, the military guy in NC?

Well I can say that when I made the trip to MB on Ocean Blvd and to the hotel she went missing from there was not one poster anywhere. I guess because it may hurt the tourist's thoughts of the area.

That's horrible!
Hwy 17 between McClellenville and Charleston are loaded with them,as are the stores.

I'm on vacation with family in Myrtle Beach this week, staying on Ocean Blvd. I want to walk the route she would have taken between hotels that night, just to get a feel for it. Anything y'all want pictures of to get a feel for the area?

=============
I agree, the Sgt.'s comments about "Intimate" details of the case being different than anything he has seen, really stirred my curiosity big time. I hate to even start trying to figure that comment out. My ability to imagine scenarios is about the only "strong" ability I have left. Any clues, anyone?
-----------------------------------------------------

Hmm. 'intimate details' is what stood out to me as well.
IMO:
That kind of sentence phrasing seems to mean,
things they have found out about Britanee or her friends,
that are just not the norm.
I think intimate is this context is ; nitty gritty details or
very little known details...

As for Dawn:
I think she too knows more than she is telling.
Probably been asked by LE to keep quiet for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery