Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the so called friends, Club K probably got around it because there was never a crime scene and no crime to investigate... And I'm sure Club K just wasn't going to hand over their tapes because they knew they had underage patrons in their business...

Any tapes they had could have possibly shown who BD interacted with while there. I would think a PI would stand a better chance of seeing these tapes - if they still exist (since Club K is now defunct) - than LE.

Your probally right about the PI having better luck. One can only hope. I wasn't even thinking along the lines of there not being a crime scene. Thanks for the help.

No crime scene probally limits LE abilities alot in this case. Just praying for a miracle.

You know...one would think when it comes to a missing child that people would be forthcoming and be as helpful in any way that they possibly could.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case here and instead they clam up and run. Everyone involved in this case distanced themselves...from the so called friends who took her there to the so called friends who were there to Club K who just saw her as another cute girl and $$$.

Sad to know that many in this world just simply do not have a conscious...and simply could care less if they do the right thing or not.

You know...one would think when it comes to a missing child that people would be forthcoming and be as helpful in any way that they possibly could.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case here and instead they clam up and run. Everyone involved in this case distanced themselves...from the so called friends who took her there to the so called friends who were there to Club K who just saw her as another cute girl and $$$.

Sad to know that many in this world just simply do not have a conscious...and simply could care less if they do the right thing or not.

Could not have said it better myself.

Anyone know if there is going to be an anniversary memorial service or something of that nature at MB to mark the 1 year of her missing? Any up and coming searches?

Anyone know if there is going to be an anniversary memorial service or something of that nature at MB to mark the 1 year of her missing? Any up and coming searches?

MBLOVER, i sure havnt heard of no memorial to be held here in MB,but im sure DD and them do something,but havnt heard of LE doing anything,,down here guess be left for family to do something,,so sad been months now not any info,at least not since Amber Ready took over etc,,so guess we wait see and keep our prayers and faith in her being found,,,

Hi everyone. I'm Matt, fulltime geek, amateur researcher/investigator. I live in Charleston, SC. I'm new to the board, but have been reading for a while now... I am posting here for a couple reasons - mainly, I want to ask for help.

I'm thinking about organizing another search here in SC (totally volunteer based, no affiliation with any organization) and mass flyer distribution, the weekend before 4-25-10... Spring break 2010 is coming up, MAYBE, just maybe someone is returning to MB this year from somewhere like say Canada, and they remember something from last year's trip to MB. I don't want 4-25-10 to pass by with no answers... Message me! Will need folks to post and distribute flyers in MB, and anyone who wants to participates in a search of the georgetown-charleston county line... Also, even if you can't come to SC, message me anyway, there may still be something you can do to help...

Also I am working on building an accurate timeline of everything leading up to, and following Britanee's disappearance. I am also going to be gathering more data so I can finalize a couple theories of mine... I am hoping to post some rough-drafts and get some opinions from you guys (and girls) ! ! !

One more thing... I am going to be traveling up to MB every other weekend or so for the next couple months. I really can't let this one go.... If anyone is curious about the area, or wants me to gather any info, photos, etc... Let me know...

Anywho... look forward to getting to know some of you.. Peace!

Prayers for you on this journey Matt!! Brittanee deserves to have people looking for her and to be found.

Myrtle Beach has a couple of statistics that raised an eyebrow with me.

• Per Capita Myrtle Beach has 7.0x the national average of forcible rape.

• Per Capita Myrtle Beach has 4.7x the national average of all violent crime.

• {for comparison} Charleston, SC has .91x the national average of all violent crime.

• October 2009 unemployment rate at 22%

• Estimated median household income in 2008: $41,199

(Source http://www.city-data.com/city/Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina.html)

• The majority of jobs in Horry County are related to the services necessary for successful tourism businesses. Approximately 65 to 70% of Horry County s employment is tourism related.

(Source http://www.myrtlebeachareachamber.com/research/data_and_statistics.htm)

Prayers for you on this journey Matt!! Brittanee deserves to have people looking for her and to be found.

I meant to post this before, but it slipped my mind. I drove to myrtle beach, Saturday (3-13) and I walked the "last known walk" of BD. I did not see ANY flyers! This disapointed me a lot. Spring Break is almost here, we need to change that fact. I know the city of Myrtle Beach does not want those flyers everywhere, because they are so reliant on their tourist $. Fu_k them! Even if no one goes with me, I am hitting those businesses along Ocean blvd, and public places that can can display the missing persons ad.

Also, that same day, I drove to the Georgetown-McClellanville area, along the county line. I parked at "pole yard" boat landing, where, at least one of the searches, was headed up. I saw no flyers, or other media ANYWHERE.

Catching the attention of someone who was visiting here last year, may be the one break needed to bring some peace to her family. I hope I get some people to help me out...

Question since you live in Charleston. Have you or anyone made sense of the cell phone ping that was reported to have been recorded in Charleston but "last" ping recorded in Georgetown area? As if abductor drove from MB to Charleston and then back up to Georgetown by 2:30 or so when last ping was recorded?

Or was reporting of ping in Charleston erroneous/bad reporting when ping never was actually south of Georgetown?

rd

Question since you live in Charleston. Have you or anyone made sense of the cell phone ping that was reported to have been recorded in Charleston but "last" ping recorded in Georgetown area? As if abductor drove from MB to Charleston and then back up to Georgetown by 2:30 or so when last ping was recorded?

Or was reporting of ping in Charleston erroneous/bad reporting when ping never was actually south of Georgetown?

rd

To the best of my knowledge:

Only 1 cell phone "ping" was received following Brittanee's disappearance. The cell phone tower which recevied this ping is located on the Georgetown - Chatrleston county line. The actualy city of Charleston is about 40 miles south of this.

The approximation of the strength of a cell phone tower such as this is like 7 miles.

I've also been wondering if somehow this "ping" was reported incorrectly. I have not been able to find any data regarding "errata" in cell phone records such as this.

Thanks for that info, Matt. That would be my thinking, there would be little time to drive on to Charleston and then back up to a remote Georgetown area bridge / off road to dispose of poor Brittanee's body.

But that's often the level of inaccuracy we get in news articles.

With people attempting to call Brittanee, and only one ping during that time, that indicates to me a murderer sophisticated enough to turn off the cell phone after the abduction. I suspect it's a deliberately misleading ruse to turn it on and then throw it in the water to throw searchers off from where he actually left her body.

Still, it's the only thing anyone has, maybe the sunglasses are hers though.

Wish the best for you and other searchers for Brittanee.

rd

Still, it's the only thing anyone has, maybe the sunglasses are hers though.

It's a little irritated that SLED has not released any information about those sunglasses. They were sent to the labs there to be tested for DNA. There's certainly other tests that can be run. I.E. check the metal components for oxidation - that would tell us if they had been sitting in the woods forever? Also, they should be able to enhance ALL of the images of Brittanee in those sunglasses, and look for any distinguishing marks, such as a scratch, or warp, or something of that sort, something to compare to the discovered. It seems to me that these tests can be performed with a relative quickness. I would only imagine I, as LE, would want that information in the news?!

I'm beginning to the shades may have been a false lead. And, once again, I question the validity of the cell phone ping. I sure do wish I could find some statistical data regarding these cell phone pings, and whether this is "solid" evidence.

I don't think the police released enough information on this. I understand the need to withhold information about an ongoing investigation, but I still think there was an excessive amount of detail were held back by the police.

In my effort to build a detailed timeline, I am looking for a peice of information:

I think the video referred to in the below article was never released to the public, yes?

I read an article *SOMEWHERE* regarding that same video mentioned below, but it actually stated in which "city block" it was taken. Anyone know?!

Missing Teen: New Video Released by Police
Posted at: 05/04/2009 11:24 PM | WHEC.com
Police released new surveillance video believed to be Brittanee Drexel.
It was taped the night the Chili teenager disappeared.
That was nine days ago while the 17-year-old was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for spring break.
It video shows what investigators believe is Drexel walking down Ocean Boulevard.

MLATTA - Here's my timeline I did some time ago. I'm sure it could be updated.

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items

~ 7:55 PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt

~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10 PM 4/25 - Call from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR

~ 8:13 to 8:20 PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ 8:45 PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS SUPPOSED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? AND DID JO BOTHER TO INFORM BD THAT THEY WERE 'VISITING' THE BOARDWALK?)

~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing

~ 11:00 PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home

~ 1 AM to 5 AM 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken...

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk room #1435

In my effort to build a detailed timeline, I am looking for a peice of information:

I think the video referred to in the below article was never released to the public, yes?

I read an article *SOMEWHERE* regarding that same video mentioned below, but it actually stated in which "city block" it was taken. Anyone know?!

Missing Teen: New Video Released by Police
Posted at: 05/04/2009 11:24 PM | WHEC.com
Police released new surveillance video believed to be Brittanee Drexel.
It was taped the night the Chili teenager disappeared.
That was nine days ago while the 17-year-old was in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for spring break.
It video shows what investigators believe is Drexel walking down Ocean Boulevard.

This For Mlatta here is the info you looking for it does show her walking ,you have keep watching this to get to part of BD heres the link:

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s914066.shtml?cat=565

Is anyone familiar with an additional cell phone "ping" from the Surfside Beach area? This is a small community, maybe 15 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

Sounds like it may be misreported info, but I thought I'd ask :)

Is anyone familiar with an additional cell phone "ping" from the Surfside Beach area? This is a small community, maybe 15 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

Sounds like it may be misreported info, but I thought I'd ask :)

I remember the mention of a ping in Surfside...but can't find anything on it. I also remember a mention of her phone going south then going westward a bit before turning back to the coast...

MLATTA - Here's my timeline I did some time ago. I'm sure it could be updated.

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items

~ 7:55 PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt

~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10 PM 4/25 - Call from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR

~ 8:13 to 8:20 PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ 8:45 PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS SUPPOSED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? AND DID JO BOTHER TO INFORM BD THAT THEY WERE 'VISITING' THE BOARDWALK?)

~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing

~ 11:00 PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home

~ 1 AM to 5 AM 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken...

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk room #1435

This timeline--through NO FAULT OF YOURS--doesn't make sense. How can Brittnaee be missing when she's still texting her boyfriend and 'friends'?

Further, Brittanee and her boyfriend text back and forth at 9:15, make no further contact with, then he calls Brittanee's mom to tell her that Brittanee is missing?!!??! After only 15 minutes? I KNOW the boyfriend was contacted by one of Brittanee's friends...that they hadn't seen or heard from her....but the timeline (a 15 minute timeline) would suggest that something is amiss. IF the friends called the boyfriend and told him that she was missing, why didn't he say, no she isn't, she just texted me a few minutes ago. IF the friends believed Brittanee was missing, do we have ANY evidence (or even statements) that the friends went looking for her?
I'm just trying to figure out how, between 8:45 and 9:15, her friends have searched for her, determined she is missing, called her boyfriend to let him know, and gone down to the boardwalk/on the emergency.

Matt, I'm 2 hours away from you, and would be more than happy to help in any way that I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc