Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it doesn't make sense. I've believed all along that Brittanee was not the one doing the text messaging.

MB...well, that would make sense ONLY if the person doing the texting KNEW Brittanee and knew who she would text and what she would say.
I'm sorry, I have studied and rehashed this case over and over....and I've never seen a complete timeline...nor anything about the 'boardwalk' and 'emergency' that supposedly happened. Prior to seeing this timeline, I have always wavered, but ultimately sided with the 'friends' just being people of terrible judgement who still seem wholly uninterested in Brittanee and her safety. If this timeline is correct (and I'm assuming it is, I would just love to see some more news/LE information on the boardwalk and emergency claims), then I can't possibly figure out how a stranger would know who to text and what to say.
I will never understand why SCLE never questioned these friends--outside of their phone interview. IMHO, they were the last to see her alive, they were fighting with her, and they should have been interrogated....repeatedly.....for their actions and complete inaction that night and since then.

There has been a lot of speculation over which times are right and which are not. I remember awhile back that some people posted saying that the 7:55 and 8:13 entry/exit times are pretty impossible to have happened, which I can agree with. Apparently, those were the times on the hotel surveillance camera that were said to be an hour off. However, it was never really clarified which times were right. I do know for a relative fact that there was an 8:45 pm text from Brittanee saying that she was on her way back, that there was contact with JG sometime after that and then a couple minutes after the last contact with JG she went missing. That's about all that you can glean from the news articles about Britt with relative certainty.

The information in this case is just so frustrating. It's like we hear one thing from one news source and a different thing from another, and no attention at all has been paid to the sunglasses since that story broke a few months back. A flurry of information, and then nothing. I agree that a lot more than just DNA testing could be done on the sunglasses.

I have been so busy lately, but I always try to check in every so often and see if any progress has been made in Brittanee's case. It's so disappointing to see this case be so cold. :(

I have always wondered about how the friends knew so fast that she was missing. I sometimes wonder if they received a call telling them something had gone wrong. Because, if they were waiting on her or something why didn't they just think maybe she got side tracked and ran into someone she knew and was hanging out with them. I mean it would take alot longer for most people to jump to the conclusion that she was missing. Also, why didn't they go and look for her? JMOO

Supposedly JG was texting with BD...when she didn't return his last text he became alarmed and he supposedly called/texted to JO or AL or one of them asking if BD was with them...supposedly when JO/AL said no and didn't know where she was. This is supposedly what got things rolling so early.

I have not posted for quite a bit now but think about Brittanee Drexel and her family daily. I happened to watch a couple of programs recently about people trafficking ...mostly girls on something like MSNBC or something like that. The more I watched, the more I got to thinking that may have been exactly what happened to Brittanee. I have hashed out all of the scenarios so many times like I'm sure we all have done over the past almost year. I don't want to offend anyone but I still think "money talks" and perhaps if her family would have been in a better financial situation to keep the story in all the television shows and such, we may have answers by now. Just thinking out loud here. Sure don't mean any harm to anyone or to mean LE is not doing their best. I like the idea of trying to get the fliers back out there a week before spring break begins this year. Very good thinking. It saddens me there does not appear to be even evidence a girl disappeared from the area a year later.

Does anyone know if the "friends" cell pings were ever checked?

I have never heard that stated...There was some mention in the beginning that possibly PB's was (after the fact). He was supposedly told by LE to keep calling BD's phone while he was on the way home. But that's just speculation that is what LE was trying to do.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=88101
On his way back, Myrtle Beach Police called him and asked him to contact Brittanee. "All the way back on the trip he was calling her on her cell phone he'd text her ask her where are you," said Parrinello (more at link)

I don't think these phones have been checked because it would have taken a court order to do so...and for lack of evidence of a crime it would have been hard to get an order from a judge to do so.

I cut this piece out because is this inaccurate information again or new information. I thought her phone pinged til the next morning now it says the next evening?

Contact was lost between Drexel and her family in New York on April 25, the same night authorities say she disappeared from the area. The last signal from her cell phone came the next night near the South Santee River.

I cut this piece out because is this inaccurate information again or new information. I thought her phone pinged til the next morning now it says the next evening?

Contact was lost between Drexel and her family in New York on April 25, the same night authorities say she disappeared from the area. The last signal from her cell phone came the next night near the South Santee River.

on that cell phone ping,,it would been sunday nite,if you recall a police report wasnt did till sunday morning ,BD was missing all nite really before police knew,,if you recall DD ,got the JH to drive down to MB then she was reported ,at first as a runaway,LE didnt get alot of **true*** info till about monday,,,

This was in the MB police calls. Any locals hear anything about it?

10-023305 3/17/2010 02:42PM BLUE ST & ORANGE AV SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES/SUBJECT THERE IS DOING CONSTRUCTION AND
HAS DUG UP A BAG THAT HAS BONES IN IT

Does anyone think she could have been abducted for a sex ring? I am only asking is because I did google her name and a few articles came up about the trafficking in SC?

I am glad the people in the article were made aware of this case and others. I do hope the continue to remember as they are getting WASTED.

0/t last week in Daytona there was 6 rape reports filed.

Chester - that is a definite possibility. Several pages back we had a poster who made a lot of valid points regarding this. BD does fit the "profile" for someone who would be kidnapped for that purpose - she's tiny/petite, young, pretty.

Seems like the concensus on the thread is that her disappearance was somehow related to drugs.

Hi everyone....

As you may know, I am hitting the streets of Myrtle Beach in April, trying to find people who were there last year.

I have tons of missing persons flyers.

What I need now is pictures of the other people who went up there. JO, AL, PB, LQ, MA, KC, VN, NC, UO

The reason I want all their pics, is so that I can have them on hand in case someone says they may remember something, I can whip out the pics and say here is the people she was partying with.

If you help me with these, you can be assured I will never tell where I got them. not even the WS name will come up!!!

You can find most all of their pics on a previous BD thread here on WS. I'd say it's either in thread 1 or 2 - their names are on a post that follows

Posted by Kat on Thread 1 post 379

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=364

Picture numbers 1-20
1. Brittanee Drexel, N. Chirico, J. Oberer, U. Ozturk
2. N. Chrico, U Ozturk
3. J oberer, B. Drexel
4. A.Humphries , J. Oberer
5. Too dark to tell
6. Chirico, Oberer
7. Nguyen, Oberer
8. P. Oberer, V. Nguyen, K. Sinclair
9. Chirico
10. Chirico
11. Chirico, Oberer
12. Chirico, Oberer
13. A. Lippa, Oberer
14. A. Lippa, Oberer
15. P. Oberer
16. Lippa, Brittanee
17 same as above
18 V. Nguyen, P. Oberer
19. same as above
20. Brittanee, Lippa

Click on the link in my post and open it in another window, use my references to identify those in the pictures

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=365

Thanks to J. Brannagh for the pictures, click on link and pull up her post.

21. V. Nguyen, P. Oberer
22. Lippa , Drexel
23. Lippa, P. Oberer
24. Lippa, Drexel (she is not id'ed in this photo) Oberer
25. same as above
26. same as above
27. Drexel, Lippa
28. Drexel. Lippa
29. Oberer
30. Drexel, Lippa
31. same as above
32. same as above
33. U Ozturk, N Chirico
34. K Sinclair
35. In this photo: V Nguyen, U Ozturk, L D'Amico, A Lippa, J Oberer, K Sinclair, Mr. G, A Humphries
36. In this photo: SUWU, U Ozturk, L D'Amico, CSL, J Oberer, MR.PANG, K Sinclair, A Humphries
37. Ozturk
38. P Oberer, A Lippa, gawn mask fully equipped, MORTAL KOMBAT, J Oberer, U Ozturk
39. L D'Amico, U Ozturk
40. Lippa, Oberer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members