13. A. Lippa, Oberer
14. A. Lippa, Oberer
15. P. Oberer
16. Lippa, Brittanee
17 same as above
18 V. Nguyen, P. Oberer
19. same as above
20. Brittanee, Lippa

Click on the link in my post and open it in another window, use my references to identify those in the pictures

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=365

Thanks to J. Brannagh for the pictures, click on link and pull up her post.

21. V. Nguyen, P. Oberer
22. Lippa , Drexel
23. Lippa, P. Oberer
24. Lippa, Drexel (she is not id'ed in this photo) Oberer
25. same as above
26. same as above
27. Drexel, Lippa
28. Drexel. Lippa
29. Oberer
30. Drexel, Lippa
31. same as above
32. same as above
33. U Ozturk, N Chirico
34. K Sinclair
35. In this photo: V Nguyen, U Ozturk, L D'Amico, A Lippa, J Oberer, K Sinclair, Mr. G, A Humphries
36. In this photo: SUWU, U Ozturk, L D'Amico, CSL, J Oberer, MR.PANG, K Sinclair, A Humphries
37. Ozturk
38. P Oberer, A Lippa, gawn mask fully equipped, MORTAL KOMBAT, J Oberer, U Ozturk
39. L D'Amico, U Ozturk
40. Lippa, Oberer

Hey MBLOVER
i click on both links but says cant find post?

I have a lot of those, but many are screenshots, and most small and low-resolution.

All pictures are certainly appreciated. If anyone has the pics that were posted on the FB or MS accounts, before they were changed to private, that would rock!

Hey MBLOVER
i click on both links but says cant find post?

Humph...I wonder why...cause when I clicked on them in their original posts they worked...

Here's something else I have been pondering...

Does anyone see a possible connection here? Who was the first person who said "human trafficking" ? Where did they come up with that possibility? From a reporter's point of view, it is a "buzz word" that grabs the attention of all... Could that be what Sgt. Crosby is speaking of? It hurts me to imagine that... I have seen NO evidence in this case to suggest that. Has anyone else?

"A veteran Myrtle Beach Police Officer, working on the case, believes Brittanee Drexel may still be alive. Sgt. Joey Crosby was quoted in an article in The Sun News. According to the report, Sgt. Crosby says there are intimate parts of the investigation that make this case different than any other missing persons case they’ve worked on. Crosby would not reveal the details. "
(http://missingexploited.com/2009/07...pe-in-the-case-of-a-missing-brittanee-drexel/)

"The Grand Strand has several qualities that make it susceptible to human trafficking, according to speakers at an event Monday to commemorate International Human Trafficking Awareness Day."
(http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/01/12/1256077/human-trafficking-threat-real.html#ixzz0ik5jQQ66)

I don't want to sound cynical, I don't necessarily believe everything in that 2nd article. It seems to me this "Eastern Carolina Coalition Against Human Trafficking" HAS to make Myrtle Beach seem like a hot spot for human trafficking. Personally, I would rather be dead than enslaved. People involved in the trafficking of humans need to be tortured and killed, in my humble opinion. I couldn't personally torture anyone, but in the case of human trafficking scum, I believe I could easily look the other way.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on this one!!?

It'd be about 30 seconds after she was reported missing. It's a very popular theory with people (including investigators) for some reason, despite in my nine years of focusing on missing women I have never seen a real life example of this. It's also unpopular not to tout it as a very good possibility regardless.

People do not take logistics into account on this. The common belief is that a sex slave is in forced prostitution somewhere. In one's own country and culture, that would require the person be imprisoned so they can't escape and be muzzled so they can't ask for help when they are prostituting. That's why the other common belief is that sex slaves are whisked off somewhere to a mysterious land.

In reality, the only known sex slaves I'm aware of (and yes, I know there are innumerable sex slave links) are Eastern European women enslaved by the Russian mafia. The are not so much enslaved as indentured servants who can never pay off their debts until they become useless for prostitution. They are usually doing it for their family which received a small pament, and they usually are lied to a bout what they'll be doing. They have the threat of harm to their family to keep them in line. If they are smuggled into the States they usually cannot speak English so their ability to seek help is limited, and they know they are illegal immigrants if they did escape.

That, my friends, is realistic logistics for sex slaves. Emphasis on the doing it to help their family and continuing to do it out of fear for their family's well being.

This has been written about and dramatized though the years. There is this belief that American women are somehow highly sought after so every missing American young woman is believed to have been kidnapped.

And yet we keep finding their bones when their remains were discarded by the murderer. Or not finding them, where the sex slave kidnapping belief lives on.

rd

Here's something else I have been pondering...

Does anyone see a possible connection here? Who was the first person who said "human trafficking" ? Where did they come up with that possibility? From a reporter's point of view, it is a "buzz word" that grabs the attention of all... Could that be what Sgt. Crosby is speaking of? It hurts me to imagine that... I have seen NO evidence in this case to suggest that. Has anyone else?

"A veteran Myrtle Beach Police Officer, working on the case, believes Brittanee Drexel may still be alive. Sgt. Joey Crosby was quoted in an article in The Sun News. According to the report, Sgt. Crosby says there are intimate parts of the investigation that make this case different than any other missing persons case they’ve worked on. Crosby would not reveal the details. "
(http://missingexploited.com/2009/07...pe-in-the-case-of-a-missing-brittanee-drexel/)

"The Grand Strand has several qualities that make it susceptible to human trafficking, according to speakers at an event Monday to commemorate International Human Trafficking Awareness Day."
(http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/01/12/1256077/human-trafficking-threat-real.html#ixzz0ik5jQQ66)

I don't want to sound cynical, I don't necessarily believe everything in that 2nd article. It seems to me this "Eastern Carolina Coalition Against Human Trafficking" HAS to make Myrtle Beach seem like a hot spot for human trafficking. Personally, I would rather be dead than enslaved. People involved in the trafficking of humans need to be tortured and killed, in my humble opinion. I couldn't personally torture anyone, but in the case of human trafficking scum, I believe I could easily look the other way.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on this one!!?

first time i heard of it was from this blog heres link to long to post it

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/brittanee-drexel-sold-sex-trade

It'd be about 30 seconds after she was reported missing. It's a very popular theory with people (including investigators) for some reason, despite in my nine years of focusing on missing women I have never seen a real life example of this. It's also unpopular not to tout it as a very good possibility regardless.

People do not take logistics into account on this. The common belief is that a sex slave is in forced prostitution somewhere. In one's own country and culture, that would require the person be imprisoned so they can't escape and be muzzled so they can't ask for help when they are prostituting. That's why the other common belief is that sex slaves are whisked off somewhere to a mysterious land.

In reality, the only known sex slaves I'm aware of (and yes, I know there are innumerable sex slave links) are Eastern European women enslaved by the Russian mafia. The are not so much enslaved as indentured servants who can never pay off their debts until they become useless for prostitution. They are usually doing it for their family which received a small pament, and they usually are lied to a bout what they'll be doing. They have the threat of harm to their family to keep them in line. If they are smuggled into the States they usually cannot speak English so their ability to seek help is limited, and they know they are illegal immigrants if they did escape.

That, my friends, is realistic logistics for sex slaves. Emphasis on the doing it to help their family and continuing to do it out of fear for their family's well being.

This has been written about and dramatized though the years. There is this belief that American women are somehow highly sought after so every missing American young woman is believed to have been kidnapped.

And yet we keep finding their bones when their remains were discarded by the murderer. Or not finding them, where the sex slave kidnapping belief lives on.

rd

Thank YOU

I prefer logic myself...and I feel just like you

After you are on these boards (and similiar) you begin to notice various "ideas" that rarely pan out

"sex slave...she was taken in the sex trade" etc...no not unless as you say they are Eastern European , or in parts of Asia, or South America

yes, there are pimps and prostitutes in the usa too..but they are not out kidnapping women off the streets....nor are there foreign rings kidnapping them and whisking them overseas

The sad fact is that Britanee was most likely killed that very night that she went missing

I feel that at some point her remains will turn up, maybe someone out with a dog, or hiking or ? boating ??

Well let's see... Sex slaves...

Shania Davis
Jaycee Dugard
Shawn Hornbeck
and others

Maybe not the "whisked" off to another country kind...but nonetheless that's ultimately what they were.

And why is this a popular theory - among some - regarding Brittanee?
1. No crime scene
2. No body - despite extensive searches

Why I don't believe that theory with BD -
She was reported missing rather quickly and the friends actions was more than hinky at the get-go.

Well let's see... Sex slaves...

Shania Davis
Jaycee Dugard
Shawn Hornbeck
and others

Maybe not the "whisked" off to another country kind...but nonetheless that's ultimately what they were.

And why is this a popular theory - among some - regarding Brittanee?
1. No crime scene
2. No body - despite extensive searches

Why I don't believe that theory with BD -
She was reported missing rather quickly and the friends actions was more than hinky at the get-go.

Yes...4 out of hundreds of thousands of missing people over many years...
(in the 4 I am including the girl in Austria)

Figure the odds.....

None of these were actually put into the proverbial "ring" that we hear so much of (ie shuffled around to various brothels)...it does happen...I have read of this with girls from Mexico who are taken from place to place in the us by pimps...also there was an Asian "massage parlor" ring in Florida

but really most of this is just message board and/or media speculation

Yes - it's relatively few - but it can happen and it does happen. And one person is one too many.

I did not say I believed the sex slave theory - only that it remained a possibility and in a few posts back I said a slight possibility.

Yes, the human trafficking angle has been discussed here. I believe the first time I gave it a thought was several months back when a bunch of articles turned up at once about the subject. I'll see if I can find any of these posts.

There were two cases of a father imprisoning a daughter for years (and impregnating them, and imprisoning their children. bizarre insane behavior.)

Yes, the one American child was kidnapped by a local, true. Wasn't really a daughter. I will have to refresh my memory on that.

OK, did that. Shanyia was small child prostituted by mother. What a sad story.

Jaycee was child I was thinking of in Northwest. Kidnapped and imprisoned by a local. Not sex trade. etc.

Same with Shawn. All were children, not women in sex trade, which was the subject.

But thanks for the info.

rd

This is in my home town.... Clearwater, Fl

www.sharedhope.org/dmst/national_report.asp

another story...

Mexican Man Sentenced to 24 Years for Sex Trafficking of Minors ...
Apr 6, 2009 ... Mexican Man Sentenced to 24 Years for Sex Trafficking of Minors and ... Police Department and the Myrtle Beach, S.C., Police Department. ...
actioncenter.polarisproject.org/.../526-mexican-man-sentenced-to-24-years-for-sex-trafficking-of-minors-and-transportation-for-the-purpose-of... - Cached

actioncenter.polarisproject.org/.../526-mexican-man-sentenced-to-24-years-for-sex-trafficking-of-minors-and-transportation-for-the-purpose-of

There were two cases of a father imprisoning a daughter for years (and impregnating them, and imprisoning their children. bizarre insane behavior.)

Yes, the one American child was kidnapped by a local, true. Wasn't really a daughter. I will have to refresh my memory on that.

OK, did that. Shanyia was small child prostituted by mother. What a sad story.

Jaycee was child I was thinking of in Northwest. Kidnapped and imprisoned by a local. Not sex trade. etc.

Same with Shawn. All were children, not women in sex trade, which was the subject.

But thanks for the info.

rd

Didn't say sex trade - sex slave

I am in no way saying this happened to her....but once you begin reading stories in your own area....and thinking this could never happen. It does make one wonder.

No matter what happened to her she needs to be found. I hope the renewed efforts can bring closure and bring her home.

I remember listening to Marc Klaas awhile ago...and I never gave sex trafficking much thought....

http://www.amw.com/contact/#

Send AMW an email - above link - to re-air Brittanee's story. In just a few short weeks it will be 1 year that she's been missing.

done :) Great idea... prayers for Brittanee and her family.

*Just a thought, Dr. Phil covered her once early on, maybe he would do a one year anniversary update show. Should we email him also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie