Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any idea to what post they were referring to in my above post?
About a man knowing how Britt was killed but he was threatened and could not tell it. I have looked and can't find it.

Why are the police releasing this information without an arrest?

Thread 7. On or around January 15
<snipped>

I was reading here on WS that day 1/15/10. IIRC, I read a post or two with info regarding tweets by locals - somewhere in georgia - tremendous police activity reported @ barn for several days...Afterwards, I watched diligently for reports regarding discovery of remains, or anything on Brittannee and the barn report - looked for a week - there was no reporting... some of these the posts may even have had to be deleted because they then couldn't be supported with anything other than tweet rumors about a barn... So...that's interesting timing, at least, given current developments... sunglasses in November (right?), tip in December, and barn rumor in January... IMO, LE's have been working long & hard & not telling anyone anything about sunglasses. Not even the family, it seems.

Logical Minds wrote:
I am not sure why the need to "besmirch" the kids she was with on the trip....I have seen all sorts of things written about them....

I was very clear that I was talking about Brittanee.

rd

LLLindsayy what a beautiful video! It made me sit and cry to see such a beautiful young lady's life come to such a tragic end. I am thankful to see justice on its way for Brittanee. Praying for her family and friends.

Been Praying for this young lady/child for the whole time. Prayers continue for family and all Law Enforcement.

They do not need her body to make an arrest, they do not even need her body to make a conviction, sure it would all help but they do not need it.

My guess is the tip they received around the holidays lead them to monitor a few people and someone made a mistake.

The key factor is there are 3 or 4 people involved. I think there trying to figure out who exactly did what to her and nobody is wanting to confess or accept the guilt. The police say they "know" these people know what happened to her, so it sounds like some of them are failing the lie detectors. The police still have to know who to charge and what to charge them with. Unfortunately they can't do that with a lie detector test alone.

Without being able to find the body and finding their DNA on it, they still need someone to confess.

I know it sounds terrible to say but sometimes the only time you can get someone to talk is to offer a plea deal. Which, would mean the person that talks wouldn't serve as much time (sad to say) but at least the family would know what happened.

They do not need her body to make an arrest, they do not even need her body to make a conviction, sure it would all help but they do not need it.

My guess is the tip they received around the holidays lead them to monitor a few people and someone made a mistake.

The key factor is there are 3 or 4 people involved. I think there trying to figure out who exactly did what to her and nobody is wanting to confess or accept the guilt. The police say they "know" these people know what happened to her, so it sounds like some of them are failing the lie detectors. The police still have to know who to charge and what to charge them with. Unfortunately they can't do that with a lie detector test alone.

Without being able to find the body and finding their DNA on it, they still need someone to confess.

I hope for the families sake that if she is deceased LE can find the body and bring her home to her family, so they can have some closure. I just feel that even if someone confesses in the back of your mind without a body there would still be some doubts, it would only be human nature to wonder did they lie or maybe are they talking about the wrong girl and so on.

This poor girl and family has been through enough it is time for this nightmare to be over. My heart goes out to them.

I said...
""We want to find out where she is - alive -and bring her home," said Drexel.

The problem is, police say all signs point to death."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=129543&catid=8

What kind of signs point to death other than blood/body??
Maybe there was merit to that poster's rumor about a source having been threatened if he talked, but he said he knew how B was killed... that would certainly point to death....

What else? (other than having been missing a year & that stats that come with that territory)

Which sparked...

I am behind, what poster said they had been threatened if he talked? I just missed it I don't get to read on here as much as I would like to.

Do you have any idea to what post they were referring to in my above post?
About a man knowing how Britt was killed but he was threatened and could not tell it. I have looked and can't find it.

So, here's the original post:
Trigger-

Thanks to a link from this thread, I listened to a audio interview BD's stepfather had on a radio show out of SF. He said that LE had a tip that the crime was centered around the drug community and that the tipster had claimed they were being threatened to keep quiet. The tipster alleged he knew BD was dead and knew her manner of death.

Bringing this post forward for all the sleuthers wondering about my post.

Why are the police releasing this information without an arrest?

Hmm, well I don't have an actual answer, but I can think of a couple possibilities.

a. Often times LE "strategically" releases information. Perhaps to see if the POIs will react and make any more mistakes?

b. To satisfy natural human curiosity about what is going on with the case and the show that they are making progress and haven't forgotten about Britt.

I'm leaning toward choice "a" with a little bit of "b" mixed in.

Re: the comments about Brittanee hanging out with a different group of men after leaving the other men's hotel, she had just had a tiff in a phonecall with one of the girls she was staying with who wanted her shorts back I believe, and I do not think there is any basis that Brittanee was doing anything but returning to her hotel per her friend's request. She also asked for a ride back, IIRC.

IIRC, she declined a ride back from PB.

Re: the comments about Brittanee hanging out with a different group of men after leaving the other men's hotel, she had just had a tiff in a phonecall with one of the girls she was staying with who wanted her shorts back I believe, and I do not think there is any basis that Brittanee was doing anything but returning to her hotel per her friend's request. She also asked for a ride back, IIRC.

Also the wording would indicate that the POI's know something about her abduction and murder after the fact. Basically there's no basis whatsoever for smearing a murdered young girl with scenes of drugs and being picked up by a gang of strangers as she headed back to her hotel on foot at dusk with refusal of the friends she went to see to help her get back safely.

They apparently didn't care whether she was alive or dead, so that aspect of it is taken care for them. That was bad enough. It'd be nice if there were some basis to besmirch her memory with drugs and gangs of strange men to add insult to injury, or death in this case.

rd

Wow, I wasn't aware that it would become so unacceptable to discuss B's potential reasons for accepting a ride from these men.

I think that in any case people are going to discuss the WHYs. WHY she would accept a ride. WHY they would murder her. LE is going to be doing the same exact thing. You can't propose the theory that B got into a car with men she didn't know and was OK traveling an hour south with them without asking the question WHY and providing a possible answer.

Suggesting drugs is in no way besmirching Brittanee's memory -- it is providing possible answers. And since LE have themselves suggested that this case is possibly drug related, it is an angle we need to explore here as well.

As a side note, I think that knowing all the details can possibly lead to more answers.

<snipped>

I was reading here on WS that day 1/15/10. IIRC, I read a post or two with info regarding tweets by locals - somewhere in georgia - tremendous police activity reported @ barn for several days...Afterwards, I watched diligently for reports regarding discovery of remains, or anything on Brittannee and the barn report - looked for a week - there was no reporting... some of these the posts may even have had to be deleted because they then couldn't be supported with anything other than tweet rumors about a barn... So...that's interesting timing, at least, given current developments... sunglasses in November (right?), tip in December, and barn rumor in January... IMO, LE's have been working long & hard & not telling anyone anything about sunglasses. Not even the family, it seems.

After going back to thread 7, it appears that the original post has been removed. But it's been quoted... here's what it said:

Originally Posted by kellync View Post
This is very sad. I have been on the phone with the girls I know in the area. They insist that she has been found and that a person confessed. he is from Charleston. Brittanee got in the car with him at a gas station in Socastee and that he was involved in harming another child years ago, but they didnt have enough evidence to prosecute. The e mail I recieved before my phone call said this:
"They found her in a old barn just down the rd from my moms house. We have pulled over in front of that old barn several times since she has been missing. its just down the rd from the old store we go to all the time. Makes me feel sick!
How sad thats where her life ended!
God help her family
FWIW..Tricia, please delete if necessary, but I tend to now believe this since I have talked to 2 people in the immediate area this morning...
I don't know who removed this post and no talk after the fact was erased, so I don't think it was removed by a mod.

Anyways, by all context clues, it seems that the location was in SC and not GA.

Here I am taking over the thread again!

Anyways, I just want to get a feel for how you folks have interpreted LE's recent statements. When they say they have 3, possibly 4, persons of interest in the case, do you:

a. Assume they mean that this will be a "group" crime
b. Think all were present, but are waiting to find out which ONES did the crime
c. Think all were present, but are waiting to find out which ONE did the crime
d. Think one was present, but has told others who now "have info" (and LE knows who is who)
e. Think one was present, but has told others who now "have info" (but LE does not know who is who)
f. Have 3 or 4 different guys (unconnected) to each other who could have potentially committed the crime

Every time I click on Brittanee's link, I say a little prayer that there will be answers to what happened to her. Thankfully, this morning, it looks like there are finally going to be answers and justice for her.

I noticed that there was mention of lie detector tests that had been given.

But it didn't say if they were given to find out if these people were guilty - (which could be the reason) - but the lie det. tests could have been given to see if these people were telling the truth about what they know.

These people are POI's and may not have been directly involved in what happened to BD - these people may have been bystanders who saw what happened and were afraid to speak (come forward) because of threats.

ETA: To me it sounds like these people have info and info only and this is why they have not been arrested. By what info these POI's have given and they know BD was murdered and these people they have spilling info haven't been arrested - speaks to me that it is someone else they are looking for as the murderer and not these POI's.

Hmm, well I don't have an actual answer, but I can think of a couple possibilities.

a. Often times LE "strategically" releases information. Perhaps to see if the POIs will react and make any more mistakes?

b. To satisfy natural human curiosity about what is going on with the case and the show that they are making progress and haven't forgotten about Britt.

I'm leaning toward choice "a" with a little bit of "b" mixed in.

Exactly. Lindsay I am on the same page as you. I think they're showing their work. Remember, this is a major tourist city. I also think they're slowing prepping Dawn for reality, instead of pouring it on her at once.

Has anyone read any information about anyone asking the police if they believe that anyone from ROC is involved with these people, or know these people? Surely, someone would have thought to have asked that? You would have to believe that LE has cross-referenced their phone records with the peoples back in ROC.

The whole "directly" thing is driving me nuts. They did not have to say that. They could have just said "we don't believe she knew them." It sounds like their hinting that she was referred to them or put in contact with them via someone else. I said all along that she got into a car within 50 meters of leaving the hotel was to coincidental.

Here I am taking over the thread again!

Anyways, I just want to get a feel for how you folks have interpreted LE's recent statements. When they say they have 3, possibly 4, persons of interest in the case, do you:

a. Assume they mean that this will be a "group" crime
b. Think all were present, but are waiting to find out which ONES did the crime
c. Think all were present, but are waiting to find out which ONE did the crime
d. Think one was present, but has told others who now "have info" (and LE knows who is who)
e. Think one was present, but has told others who now "have info" (but LE does not know who is who)
f. Have 3 or 4 different guys (unconnected) to each other who could have potentially committed the crime

HI LLLindsayy, I choose b. or c. The wording from LE makes me think this could be something like that movie starring Jodie Foster (can't remember the name of it) about the girl who was raped in a bar while onlookers cheered the rapists on. (Ugh I hate thinking that could have happened to little Brittnee.) One of the guys squealed on the others.

Somebody's talking to LE and I'll betcha that 3 or 4 guys are feeling awfully squeamish right about now.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member