Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there needs to be a chart drawn on this one - I’m still catching up but it isn’t making a lot of sense for me yet - terrible loss of a vibrant young woman for sure
JMO
I’ve been following from the start & I need a chart too! The part that is unclear is how did CS know BC & W to the degree they were staying at her home? Was she doing it as a favor to her boyfriend or girlfriend? Apparently the 2 men were in town for a funeral & too cheap to stay at a motel? CS clearly didn’t feel comfortable with them, yet they were IN HER HOME. Ugh!

I wish she could have gone somewhere else for the night after ditching them in that bar. Reminds me of the MT case where she warned her killer that she’d call the police if he didn’t leave her alone. So he bashed her head in. I think the natural tendency is to resolve a situation simply on your own, but in reality, GET OUT, GET AWAY & GET HELP. Even if it seems silly or exaggerated. Trust your instincts. Gift of fear... jmvho

I’ve been following from the start & I need a chart too! The part that is unclear is how did CS know BC & W to the degree they were staying at her home? Was she doing it as a favor to her boyfriend or girlfriend? Apparently the 2 men were in town for a funeral & too cheap to stay at a motel? CS clearly didn’t feel comfortable with them, yet they were IN HER HOME. Ugh!

I wish she could have gone somewhere else for the night after ditching them in that bar. Reminds me of the MT case where she warned her killer that she’d call the police if he didn’t leave her alone. So he bashed her head in. I think the natural tendency is to resolve a situation simply on your own, but in reality, GET OUT, GET AWAY & GET HELP. Even if it seems silly or exaggerated. Trust your instincts. Gift of fear... jmvho

The downside of using initials...who is MT???? It's hard to remember who initials belong to when they aren't a part of the case being discussed.

Another - Reverse Carr and Walton's roles. Walton heroically kills Carr but tragically it was too late to save Sweeney and then doesn't alert the authorities and fakes concern during the search for... uh... reasons?
I think this scenario would be the most likely, considering CS was allegedly friends with Walton first and had only "trusted" Carr because he was friends with Walton. Perhaps Walton didn't want to risk getting charged for Carr's murder even if it was an act to aid to Celia.

Finally, we have names!

Not directed at you, Veragold, but please everyone, remember to use initials. And, we cannot sleuth the boyfriend or GS because they have not been named by LE as POI's or suspects. MOO

[...]

Authorities were first called to Sweeney’s apartment on Friday night after her boyfriend PS had entered the apartment to look for her and discovered a “significant amount of blood” inside the apartment but no sign of Sweeney.

[...]

While canvassing the area, police discovered that GS, a friend who lived in an adjacent building, had been out the previous night with Sweeney and two men, who were identified as Carr and Mark Walton.

The group had gone to multiple restaurants and bars and spent time in Sweeney’s apartment.

Carr, Walton and Sweeney returned to her apartment in the early morning hours on Friday, but GS was no longer with the group, according to the report.

[...]
Okay, SO. That article painted a clearer picture, yet we still have no idea what happened between the time that CS sent a message to PS saying that she 'was going to attempt to get BC out of her apt, to the time in which her neighbor saw an "unidentifiable man" and BC's truck pulling into CS apt complex parking lot. Meaning that nobody had witnessed her car leaving her apt, just returning with a strange man driving it. Is this accurate?

I made an attempt at putting together a timeline, based on information found in news and affidavit. There are a few holes, maybe someone else can put together a more detailed one, but here is a starting point.

Thursday February 27th
?? CW, MW, BC, + GS visit multiple bars/restaurants in Charleston area?

Friday February 28th
Before 3:00am CW leaves the bar by herself, according to bartender
3:00am (approx.) Final text sent from CW's phone "indicated that she would attempt to remove Carr from her apartment"
10:45am BC's truck is seen in West Ashley area on I-526, black container store in bed of truck visible
11:30am CW cellphone was pinged to "general area of her apartment"
*Afternoon (exact time unknown) BC and MW purchase supplies at Lowes in the Charleston area
6:00pm Audi pulled into parking lot of apartment complex *also reported as 6:00am in some articles
8:52pm Welfare check CW apartment Charleston per boyfriend's request

Saturday February 29th
?? CW's Audi found abandoned 0.5 miles from CW's apartment complex

Monday March 2nd
?? CW and BC bodies discovered at BC's residence in Inman

Wednesday March 4th
?? MW charged with accessory after the fact

I made an attempt at putting together a timeline, based on information found in news and affidavit. There are a few holes, maybe someone else can put together a more detailed one, but here is a starting point.

Thursday February 27th
?? CW, MW, BC, + GS visit multiple bars/restaurants in Charleston area?

Friday February 28th
Before 3:00am CW leaves the bar by herself, according to bartender
3:00am (approx.) Final text sent from CW's phone "indicated that she would attempt to remove Carr from her apartment"
10:45am BC's truck is seen in West Ashley area on I-526, black container store in bed of truck visible
11:30am CW cellphone was pinged to "general area of her apartment"
*Afternoon (exact time unknown) BC and MW purchase supplies at Lowes in the Charleston area
6:00pm Audi pulled into parking lot of apartment complex *also reported as 6:00am in some articles
8:52pm Welfare check CW apartment Charleston per boyfriend's request

Saturday February 29th
?? CW's Audi found abandoned 0.5 miles from CW's apartment complex

Monday March 2nd
?? CW and BC bodies discovered at BC's residence in Inman

Wednesday March 4th
?? MW charged with accessory after the fact
Thank you so much for doing this. I have been trying to put one together too and this was just the nudge I needed.

I'm going with 6:00 a.m. for the witness account(s) of the Audi/truck and it's still not clear to me whether or not that occurred at the apartment complex. That the car was found a half-mile away throws me... o_O

I'm also not convinced that the Home Depot purchases were made in the afternoon as most articles state. How is that possible when the tote was seen on the ALPR at 10:45 a.m?

It would be so helpful to see the actual affidavit. Let's hope that happens soon. MOO

Okay, SO. That article painted a clearer picture, yet we still have no idea what happened between the time that CS sent a message to PS saying that she 'was going to attempt to get BC out of her apt, to the time in which her neighbor saw an "unidentifiable man" and BC's truck pulling into CS apt complex parking lot. Meaning that nobody had witnessed her car leaving her apt, just returning with a strange man driving it. Is this accurate?
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen a report that states that the witnesses saw the truck and Audi pulling into the apartment complex parking lot. I wish we could get clarification on that. In the article below, it reads as though the witnesses were at/near the location the car was found. MOO

Murder-suicide suspect's friend accused of helping hide missing Charleston woman's body
Sweeney’s missing Audi S5 was later found about a half-mile away from her apartment. Witnesses in the area described the car being driven by an “unknown party” around 6 a.m. with a white Ford F-150 following behind.

Last edited:
Here's my long-winded version :oops:, and it should definitely be considered a work in progress until we receive clarification on some of this stuff. MOO

Thursday, February 27
Thurs night, Feb 27 - Fri morning, Feb 28
Friday, February 28
Saturday, February 29
Monday, March 2, 2020
Wed, March 4, 2020
  • CPD announced the arrest of Walton who is charged with accessory after the fact of murder; bond set at $500,000.
MAP: 704 O’Henry Drive, Inman SC to 1001 Westchase Dr, Charleston, SC

Last edited:
Here's my long-winded version :oops:, and it should definitely be considered a work in progress until we receive clarification on some of this stuff. MOO

Thursday, February 27
Thurs night, Feb 27 - Fri morning, Feb 28
Friday, February 28
Saturday, February 29
Monday, March 2, 2020
Wed, March 4, 2020
  • CPD announced the arrest of Walton who is charged with accessory after the fact of murder; bond set at $500,000.
MAP: 704 O’Henry Drive, Inman SC to 1001 Westchase Dr, Charleston, SC
Wow! That helps- thank you! The details of this one- so tangled. Still want to know how CS knew Walton or Carr? Some have guessed she knew Walton only & allowed him to bring Carr. But to stay at her house? Not victim blaming, just flabbergasted an act of generosity got her killed.

Wow! That helps- thank you! The details of this one- so tangled. Still want to know how CS knew Walton or Carr? Some have guessed she knew Walton only & allowed him to bring Carr. But to stay at her house? Not victim blaming, just flabbergasted an act of generosity got her killed.

If I am following everything correctly, GS is a neighbor/friend and dating MW. BC was MWs friend. Where my confusion comes in is why they wouldn’t have been staying at GS if she lived right there? Especially where it sounds as though CS did not want them there

If I am following everything correctly, GS is a neighbor/friend and dating MW. BC was MWs friend. Where my confusion comes in is why they wouldn’t have been staying at GS if she lived right there? Especially where it sounds as though CS did not want them there
Oh- missed that, thanks! And GREAT question. I’d love to know that answer as well.

To add further confusion, MW's booking address is listed as Goose Creek, SC, which is about a 30 min. drive from Charleston. Why not stay at MW's place if one or both were not welcome at Celia's (or possibly GS's) ?

Public Index Error

I will add that I'm a little skeptical of the Goose Creek address, as I can't find verification in whitepages or elsewhere. JMOO

G-Maps - from Charleston to Goose Creek :

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

They probably were supposed to be staying with GS, which is why Celia was so annoyed with them being at her place and not leaving. They likely “stopped by to hang out” after leaving the bars and wouldn’t leave. Drunk people aren’t usually good at reading cues that you’re ready for them to go. GS lived in the same complex, perhaps MW was going in and out to the apartment to retrieve more alcohol or party supplies.

I have seen nothing that said GS was dating MW. However, at MW bond hearing CS mom hinted that CS knew MW. The audio was very low & hard to hear. It sounded like her mom was blaming MW for bringing BC into the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65
Back