SC - Christine Parcell 41, fatally stabbed by concert pianist, Greenville, 13 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Juilliard-trained pianist says he is innocent in murder investigation

LE seemed so certain he was the guy at the news conference announcing his arrest. I think they even said they had direct evidence that led them to him…or something like that.
This should be interesting.

Per TV reporter on the news link, "We previously obtained court documents showing that ZH had a friendship with the father of Parcells' child. Her child's father is not facing any charges related to her death..." Finally this link is confirmed beyond just a few Facebook comments between the two.

"Investigators have not tied Mr. Post [victim's boyfriend charged with child *advertiser censored*] with Parcell's murder."

Perhaps he claims he is innocent of murder because he acted in self defense or because he didn't intend to kill her and is only guilty of manslaughter.

Or maybe some weird sex game or maybe that she did it to herself? Do we have explicit description of her injuries? Because cut throats are usually described as "stabbings" by law enforcement for some reason.

Juilliard-trained pianist says he is innocent in murder investigation

LE seemed so certain he was the guy at the news conference announcing his arrest. I think they even said they had direct evidence that led them to him…or something like that.
This should be interesting.
Wow, so the three pieces of evidence to dent bond at:

ZH DNA under CP nails (explain that one ZH)

ZH was seen on CP door bell cam entering her home (another one to explain)

But the one I find the most interesting is ZH having a close relationship with JM and a custody battle over their daughter (CP and JM)

I was glad they brought the 3rd one up because ZH would really have no reason but for that. Motive and I believe imo ZH was played by JM to do his dirty work. Ha but like one of the posts I have seen from a group relating to one of the players,
"A real friend never tells"
so imvho he is still being played.

I came on websleuths because of the Lori update (she is competent) but I got sidetracked here. There have been so few updates I stopped checking. Glad to hear something and thank you to all who post updates and comment. I am so facinated with this case, it is beyond me.

Is the "DNA under CP's fingernails" lab the same one that mixed up the DNA in the Superbike Motorsports case?

The Superbike murders: A senseless crime solved 13 years later - RevZilla

Crazy, horrible story.

"...police realized Scott’s and Brian’s DNA samples had been mixed up, as they were found next to each other at the crime scene."

Sounds like whoever collected the samples mixed up two of the victims who were lying near each other. Individual human error. I highly doubt it has anything to do with lab incompetency.

I was reading through the news articles again. In this article it clearly states

"The solicitor says Hughes was captured on her doorbell camera entering the home on the night of the homicide."

I am confused with the timing. It says Zack entered the "night" of the homicide. If it is the night than where was CPs daughter? From my understanding her daughter was at school a half block away from CPs home the day CP was found. I always assumed CP was murdered after her daughter went to school. Was CP murdered the night before she was found? Was the daughter with her father (or someone else?) that night and did he/they take her to school the next day? From my understanding as well after CP was found LE remained at her home for more than one day so it couldn't mean that ZH came back to scene of the crime the night after she was found. Confusing.

Eta I also found this interesting from the article,

"The solicitor said in Wednesday’s hearing that Hughes was very involved in a custody battle between Parcell and Mello and had agreed to harass when asked."

ZH agreed to harass?! I believe and always have in my humble opinion that JM has some explaining to do because ZH has no motive other than helping a friend out in a custody battle.

They cannot get into ZHs phone and he will not give LE the code. Obviously incriminating info there imo. ZH is protecting someone and he is a fool. He is being used and hopefully he flips for a deal if this is the case. I hope CPs sister gets custody of CPs girl. She is fighting for it. All my opinion.

Judge denies bond for Juilliard-trained pianist who claims to be innocent in murder case

Last edited:
I was reading through the news articles again. In this article it clearly states

"The solicitor says Hughes was captured on her doorbell camera entering the home on the night of the homicide."

I am confused with the timing. It says Zack entered the "night" of the homicide. If it is the night than where was CPs daughter? From my understanding her daughter was at school a half block away from CPs home the day CP was found. I always assumed CP was murdered after her daughter went to school. Was CP murdered the night before she was found? Was the daughter with her father (or someone else?) that night and did he/they take her to school the next day? From my understanding as well after CP was found LE remained at her home for more than one day so it couldn't mean that ZH came back to scene of the crime the night after she was found. Confusing.

Eta I also found this interesting from the article,

"The solicitor said in Wednesday’s hearing that Hughes was very involved in a custody battle between Parcell and Mello and had agreed to harass when asked."

ZH agreed to harass?! I believe and always have in my humble opinion that JM has some explaining to do because ZH has no motive other than helping a friend out in a custody battle.

They cannot get into ZHs phone and he will not give LE the code. Obviously incriminating info there imo. ZH is protecting someone and he is a fool. He is being used and hopefully he flips for a deal if this is the case. I hope CPs sister gets custody of CPs girl. She is fighting for it. All my opinion.

Judge denies bond for Juilliard-trained pianist who claims to be innocent in murder case

My understanding from the LE press conference was CP saw her daughter off to school that morning and was killed sometime after that. ZH was seen on security cameras around that time.
I think the writer of that news story made a mistake.
There is a lot of weirdness in this case and ZH is certainly playing the fool if he is protecting someone and not cooperating with police.

Perhaps he claims he is innocent of murder because he acted in self defense or because he didn't intend to kill her and is only guilty of manslaughter.

Or maybe some weird sex game or maybe that she did it to herself? Do we have explicit description of her injuries? Because cut throats are usually described as "stabbings" by law enforcement for some reason.
Or maybe he claims he's innocent of murder because he's a murderer who doesn't want to go to jail. I guess we will see.

There is a lot of weirdness in this case and ZH is certainly playing the fool if he is protecting someone and not cooperating with police.
In the scenario that I believe this case resembles, cooperation means definitely going to jail for a very long time, versus maintaining not guilty and hoping the police evidence is too weak to convict. IMO, it can take a long time for a defendant to get to the point where they agree to plead guilty - especially if there are family and friends who will be shocked and appalled by it.

It only took Curtis Wayne Wright, killer of Theresa Sievers, 6 months to agree to cooperate in exchange for a 25 year sentence. But in that case, I think it was because of his rage that his lifetime best buddy Mark Sievers had offered him a mere $10,000 to do it, while concealing the fact that Mark would get over $5 million in life insurance and was apparently going to get away with it.

JMO

If there is some connection between KH and other players here, LE will find it.
KH may have known players in this case, but not been motivated by them to kill somebody. That is a huge leap I’m having trouble with.
If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck…it just might just be an old speak-n-spell stuck on the word “duck”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back