Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my take on their warning, too.

These children are conditioned to violent, authoritarian abuse of power, IMO. They are broken of spirit, as I imagine was the intention of the administration.

The officer did not get his nickname for his skills at adolescent negotiation and deescalation (sp?)of potentially volatile situations. IMO.

I can't imagine a bully with a badge roaming the halls of my high school. I think you're right - the entire purpose is to break kids and keep them docile and obedient. JMO.

That's not what the article said. The one student interviewed said the whole situation was scary, which it was, and scariest at the end because they were forced to witness a violent confrontation.

As for her telling the cop " I don't even know who you are" ?! WTH. Now cops need to introduce themselves and hand out business cards?

BBM. Yikes! There is just no way to put a positive spin on THAT-- that was a mouthy, belligerent, profoundly disrespectful thing to say to an OFFICER IN UNIFORM, who was giving her a very reasonable direction to stand up and leave the classroom. An officer who was standing there called by her vice principal. After her teacher and vice principal had also asked her multiple times to leave the classroom. Good grief! What kind of person says something like that under those circumstances??

The only thing worse she could have said, IMO, would have been to curse him out. I really can't get past that level of arrogance and belligerence.

I am stunned at the lengths some of the posts here go to excuse her attitude and behavior, and make her out to be an innocent little angel exercising some kind of "free speech". GMAB! Her behavior was hugely antisocial.

With this kind of attitude, this young woman is in for a VERY rough life if she doesn't change her ways today.

As for the other kids in the class, my take on their expressions isn't at all that they were afraid of anything. I think it's *possible* this girl had been a problem in that class before, and they were used to her acting that way. Kind of a "here she goes again" thing.

It's also *possible* the reason she is new to this school is that she had behavior problems at the old school. Foster placements strive to maintain minors in the same school they have attended, unless there is a very compelling reason to move them to a new school. And if this girl is a high school senior, social services would have done all they could to keep her in her current school so she could graduate with her class, and keep her academics organized in the current credit system. Changing schools as a senior is very hard on all teens.

BBM. Yikes! There is just no way to put a positive spin on THAT-- that was a mouthy, belligerent, profoundly disrespectful thing to say to an OFFICER IN UNIFORM, who was giving her a very reasonable direction to stand up and leave the classroom. An officer who was standing there called by her vice principal. After her teacher and vice principal had also asked her multiple times to leave the classroom. Good grief! What kind of person says something like that under those circumstances??

The only thing worse she could have said, IMO, would have been to curse him out. I really can't get past that level of arrogance and belligerence.

I am stunned at the lengths some of the posts here go to excuse her attitude and behavior, and make her out to be an innocent little angel exercising some kind of "free speech". GMAB! Her behavior was hugely antisocial.

With this kind of attitude, this young woman is in for a VERY rough life if she doesn't change her ways today.

As for the other kids in the class, my take on their expressions isn't at all that they were afraid of anything. I think it's *possible* this girl had been a problem in that class before, and they were used to her acting that way. Kind of a "here she goes again" thing.

It's also *possible* the reason she is new to this school is that she had behavior problems at the old school. Foster placements strive to maintain minors in the same school they have attended, unless there is a very compelling reason to move them to a new school. And if this girl is a high school senior, social services would have done all they could to keep her in her current school so she could graduate with her class, and keep her academics organized in the current credit system. Changing schools as a senior is very hard on all teens.

Take it up with the sheriff. The girl did not get Fields fired.

The sheriff feels differently my friend. I just hope that Bessie doesn't do that to some of the posters here. Lol

Just kidding. I'm enjoying the view of thoughts for the most part. Happy Halloween to all.
I do respect the sheriff's decision. He knows better than me if the officer followed protocol on how to get her to comply. I would of liked him to go one step further and said what could of been done by the officer instead. Would of it been protocol for the officer to tell her either you get out of the chair or I will taze you out of that chair? What is the proper protocol I wonder?
What I don't agree with, and not even arguing it, but stating what I see in the video. I don't see him choking her, or flipping the chair. I also don't see her striking out at him, but rather fighting to stay in the chair.

This was my take on their warning, too.

These children are conditioned to violent, authoritarian abuse of power, IMO. They are broken of spirit, as I imagine was the intention of the administration.

The officer did not get his nickname for his skills at adolescent negotiation and deescalation (sp?)of potentially volatile situations. IMO.

"Broken of spirit????"

Seriously?

No, Nothing could be further from the truth, IMO.

These kids with behavior problems are not "broken of spirit", nor are their more cooperative classmates. The un-fixable problem we have nationwide is that the kids in public schools with behavior problems respect NO ONE. They don't even have the most basic comprehension of what respect is. Their moral compass is permanently damaged by their environment and upbringing. No character, no integrity, no respect for anyone.

You can't have any kind of civilized, law abiding, peaceful society with too many people like that. IMO.

Take it up with the sheriff. The girl did not get Fields fired.

I completely agree. The officer got himself fired by taking her down the way he did. My post refers to what happened BEFORE that. She is to blame for everything that occurred EXCEPT the way the officer took her down. She started it, escalated it, continued it.

"Broken of spirit????"

Seriously?

These kids with behavior problems are not "broken of spirit", nor are their more cooperative classmates. The un-fixable problem we have nationwide is that the kids in public schools with behavior problems respect NO ONE. They don't even have the most basic comprehension of what respect is. Their moral compass is permanently damaged by their environment and upbringing. No character, no integrity, no respect for anyone.

You can't have any kind of civilized, law abiding, peaceful society with too many people like that. IMO.

Are you talking about the kids who walked out of class yesterday? I would say despite their act of defiance they are broken and brainwashed.

Montjoy and Dexter are reading each others' minds and freaking me out!

I agree. It's exactly what that sounds like. "Why did you MAKE me hurt you?"

C'mon people. She didn't rob a bank or murder anyone. She questioned an order and balked. So much pomposity.
She isn't doomed to have a rough road ahead or to fail.
If that were true I wouldn't be here,lol
I was a rebel at a young age and I turned out just fine...I think
IMO

C'mon people. She didn't rob a bank or murder anyone. She questioned an order and balked. So much pomposity.
IMO

You forgot that she needs a mental evaluation, but the grown adults who couldn't win a battle of wills without resorting to physical violence against an unarmed teen girl doing nothing more than refusing to move from her desk are...I don't know, just fine too, I guess.

"Broken of spirit????"

Seriously?

BBM

I'm not sure which kids you are referring to as having behavior problems.

Everything I've read about the girl from her classmates was that she was not known as a troublemaker and was usually quiet.

The poster you are replying to was referring to the girl's classmates as being broken in spirit, so this reads to me as if you are labeling all of her classmates as having behavior problems. I find it difficult to believe that's really what you meant.

Originally Posted by Hope4More "No, the issue was not the phone, sorry. She had already been written up for that. The misdemeanor she is still being charged with is disrupting the class."

Hard not to disrupt the class when you and your desk are being thrown about the room. JMO.

Disagreeing -this student had already disrupted the class before LEO/SRO entered classroom.

You forgot that she needs a mental evaluation, but the grown adults who couldn't win a battle of wills without resorting to physical violence against an unarmed teen girl doing nothing more than refusing to move from her desk are...I don't know, just fine too, I guess.

A lot of assumptions are being made about this girl based on one incident. IMO

Originally Posted by Hope4More "No, the issue was not the phone, sorry. She had already been written up for that. The misdemeanor she is still being charged with is disrupting the class."

Disagreeing -this student had already disrupted the class before LEO/SRO entered classroom.

Please note - Officer Fields throwing her and her desk about the room was disruptive.

IMO

I'm curious about what you say. Most kids are a little bit rebellious. But would you have carried on a disrespectful conversation with your teacher for awhile, bluntly refusing his request (to put the phone away or surrender the phone, I don't know what it was). And then go on to refuse the request of the VP, and then refuse the requests of a police officer in uniform? I really think very few kids would do that.

I just read "Couldn't keep it to ourselves", a book written by women in prison, and compiled by Wally Lamb. Many of these women were like this. They would refuse to comply with legitimate authority when everyone else would, and one would refuse even to slightly accommodate her father, who would beat her bloody regularly. For minor things. He'd tell her to pick up that plate, or whatever, and she'd flatly refuse and she'd end up bruised and bloody.

I don't get that mentality. I really don't. Her father was a nut, and extremely abusive, but what's wrong with her that she won't do a simple thing, like her siblings all did, to avoid getting beaten? She ended up in prison, and her siblings didn't. She was missing something, somewhere that would give her enough survival instinct to get to get out of physical injury.

And that's where I see this girl. I don't think she's one of those kids whose "high spiritedness" gets them in a little trouble here and there. I think she's missing a basic instinct to avoid punishment if possible.

....He also says that the girl who defended the student just said what everyone else in the class was thinking, that the way the girl was being treated was wrong.

^sbm
He is entitled to his own thoughts and to express his own thoughts.
Each student is entitled to own thoughts and to express them.

He cannot legitimately claim - he or other student speaks for "everyone else" a majority, not even a plurality.
No more than a single poster here could claim he speaks for "everyone else" on W/S or even a majority or a plurality. JM2cts.

I can't imagine a bully with a badge roaming the halls of my high school. I think you're right - the entire purpose is to break kids and keep them docile and obedient. JMO.

Oh my goodness, the kids at my son's school love their SRO! Particularly the girls...if he catches the boys being sexist or disrespectful he gives them an earful. And he does not tolerate any racial slurs or derogatory nicknames being thrown around either, even in jest, as the kids tend to do nowadays.

ETA- I have never heard of him taking anyone down but he probably has to break up at least one fight per week. Unfortunately he was not there the day one of our administrators got tazed by a student while trying to break up a fight! Have to wonder if the student would have pulled the taser on the SRO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member