SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taught to think for myself and never ever just do what someone says simply because they were a teacher or cop etc... and I have had a very successful life.
I think requiring a child to have automatic compliance leads to a great many problems. Children who are afraid to question authority find themselves in a lot of difficult places.

I never acted like that when I was a teenager because I was taught that it was wrong to disobey my teachers and police.

In other words I was taught to do the right things and not wrong or dumb things.

I'm sure this student did have her reasons. I place them in the "dumb" category. JMO

Did you notice how the girl in back was almost hit by the flying desk? It’s amazing that multiple students weren’t hurt by this raging mad man. Only American cops can take a small incident like removing a disruptive student from a class room, and turn it into an international incident, and endanger every student in the class room.

Maybe it has something with the number of American citizens who think that a uniform magically gives someone absolute moral and legal authority. My mind is blown.

I was taught to think for myself and never ever just do what someone says simply because they were a teacher or cop etc... and I have had a very successful life.
I think requiring a child to have automatic compliance leads to a great many problems. Children who are afraid to question authority find themselves in a lot of difficult places.

Nah. They turn out just fine. Kids need to mature and have some life experiences before having the ability to challenge authority.

Hell, a lot of adults don't know how to do it correctly so I don't expect some teenage kid to have the ability. JMO

I think that kids need to obey their teachers 100% of the time. If a teacher is doing something inappropriate the student can report it to someone higher up.

This student didn't do that. What she did do is cheat all of her fellow students out of valuable classroom time. How dare her.

I snipped the name variation to save a mod from having to do it.

JMO

Why would a mod snip his nickname?

James Manning, head of the Richland School District Two board, called the video "extremely disturbing."

"There is absolutely no place in this district, or any other district for that matter, for what happened here yesterday. Our tolerance for it is zero," he told reporters Tuesday.

In response to the incident, Manning said the district would evaluate and strengthen training of personnel with respect to when it's appropriate to involve school resource officers, and work with law enforcement to beef up screening and training of such officers.

"What we all watched on that shamefully shocking video is reprehensible, unforgivable, and inconsistent with everything that this district stands for, what we work for, and what we aspire to be," Manning said.<<<<<<<

Even the school board doesn't agree with the officers involvement.

Deputy Fields is not a "rent a cop." Yes, she did need to be taken down in my opinion.

Rent a cop is the terminology sometimes used for LE that work side jobs versus being a street cop. I may have missed it but does he also patrol as a cop as well as his duties at the school...perish the thought. IMO

Nah. They turn out just fine. Kids need to mature and have some life experiences before having the ability to challenge authority.

Hell, a lot of adults don't know how to do it correctly so I don't expect some teenage kid to have the ability. JMO

There's a correct way to challenge authority?

I would like to know why a teenage student would refuse to cooperate with her teacher, a school administrator and finally a police officer over a very minor issue?

I&#8217;d like to know why a cop would take that minor incident, and escalate it into an international incident, and endanger all the students in the classroom in the process, and probably cost the school district a million dollars in a civil rights lawsuit.

To answer your question, maybe that teenage student is learning the art of escalation from watching the out of control cops in her school.

Rent a cop is the terminology sometimes used for LE that work side jobs versus being a street cop. I may have missed it but does he also patrol as a cop as well as his duties at the school...perish the thought. IMO

Well, this isn't a side job it's his full time job and he's a Deputy so I would say that "rent a cop" is not a valid term for him. JMO

DISTURBING SCHOOLS

Unclassified Misdemeanor Code §16-17-420
CDR Code 331
Elements Of The Offense:

1. (a) That the accused wilfully and unnecessarily interfered with or disturbed the students or teachers of any school or college.
OR

* (b) That the accused did loiter about such school or college premises.
OR

* (c) That the accused did act in an obnoxious matter.
OR

* (d) That the accused did enter upon any school or college premises or did loiter upon same without the permission of the principal or president in charge.
Penalty:

Fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not less than 30 days nor more than 90 days.<<<<<<

IMO this is an overly broad law and people in SC should request a rewrite and legal defining of "obnoxious".

I’d like to know why a cop would take that minor incident, and escalate it into an international incident, and endanger all the students in the classroom in the process, and probably cost the school district a million dollars in a civil rights lawsuit.

I think that student escalated the situation by not obeying her teacher then a school administrator and finally the police officer.

How dare she cause all of that to happen and cheat her fellow students out of the right to an education. JMO

There have been studies that have shown children who are afraid to question authority are more likely to be molested.

I hate these threads. They make me so angry. But I'm going to have my say. People today teach their children to respect no one. They are led to expect that they don't have to follow rules or respect authority or their elders. Then we have their adult counterparts that feel they need to decide whether or not they want to be civil disobedients and turn every traffic stop into a game of "I don't have to do what you say". Congrats America all this Bull ***** is doing is breaking down law and order. If she was my daughter I would give it to her good.
OK, I'm sure people are going to hate on me. I don't care to be politically correct anymore. Smh. Jmo. MOO.

I'm not saying extreme force was right. I reserve judgement on that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I’d like to know why a cop would take that minor incident, and escalate it into an international incident, and endanger all the students in the classroom in the process, and probably cost the school district a million dollars in a civil rights lawsuit.

The posters who praised this cops actions; Should now see that he did a very stupid thing and him and the school and the teachers at the school plus other students at the school will have to pay the price.

They must have never trained this cop in Conflict Resolution. He could have easily had the students temporarily leave the room and then talked to the girl without belittling her in front her classmates. She probably wanted to cry but kept it bottled up. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53