Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching live now. Thanks for the link/post.

-Investigators have spoken with the owner of one of the vehicle's but would not provide any details.
-Search for silver sedan continues.
-Law enforcement searching wooded area.
-Law enforcement following behind a trash truck looking into each bin emptied into the trash trucks. It appears to be trash day in that area.
-Neighborhood is on lock down
- Church Hill Heights neighborhood has heavy police presence
-Severe thunderstorm warning in area. / Rain is now falling/ Could hamper search efforts

I live about 15 minutes away from Churchill Heights. On Tuesday night, we drove over and looked around for about an hour. At the entrance there was a Crime Scene Unit truck parked at house and it did not appear to be involved in the investigation. The neighborhood was crawling with law enforcement: at the start of Londonderry, at Faye's home, at many of the intersections, and driving the streets and knocking on doors. We saw several unmarked cars with LE standing outside looking at what appeared to be maps.

The neighborhood is a little run down. The houses are smaller and older. Some of the homes don't appear to be occupied. Some of the yards are overgrown, but others are well-maintained. I would describe it as a low-income area.

The area LE is searching slopes down towards a small creek and is heavily wooded. In the floodplain of the little creek it is grassy with some trees, but from the interstate you can see the homes in Churchill Heights so it's not too dense. The search area is surprisingly small. I imagine that it would not take long to thoroughly search the land. The creek is another story. Normally, the creek would not pose much trouble to search. It is narrow and rather shallow. But with all of the rain we have had recently, the water level is up and the clarity is poor. But, I have not seen or heard of any divers in the creek.

Of note, there are several cheap motels in the area that are known for drugs and prostitution. And, since it is adjacent to the interstate, there are several gas stations and fast-food restaurants nearby. Airport Boulevard is a busy street, but, once you enter Churchill Heights, it quiets down and there is not much traffic. Once you enter Churchill Heights, there is no way to get out other than going back to Airport Boulevard.

I drove by again this morning on my way to work. I stopped for gas at a large station across the street and there were SCDNR (game wardens) searching along a small access road that runs parallel to the interstate. I went inside and talked to the owner of the station, he said that LE had spoken with him "many times." And that he had provided his CCTV footage.

A family friend lives in Churchill Heights and he was interviewed on Tuesday night and his home was searched (he consented to the search). LE thoroughly searched his home - they opened every cabinet and drawer.

If anyone has questions, please ask.
SCDNR was at the Circle K?

Watching live now. Thanks for the link/post.

-Investigators have spoken with the owner of one of the vehicle's but would not provide any details.
-Search for silver sedan continues.
-Law enforcement searching wooded area.
-Law enforcement following behind a trash truck looking into each bin emptied into the trash trucks. It appears to be trash day in that area.
-Neighborhood is on lock down
- Church Hill Heights neighborhood has heavy police presence
-Severe thunderstorm warning in area. / Rain is now falling/ Could hamper search efforts
That was from earlier today Johnny, still waiting on live presser.

this delay in the sudden new PC isn't good either....they're preparing themselves for relating bad news imo
Well, they said there is also a "bad weather" situation that might be causing a delay.

Also they mentioned the vice president is in town, so it seems there is a lot going on.

But no, I don't think it's going to be good news either.

Jmo

could be - or video they found after reviewing hours and hours of footage
JMO

I wondered if maybe someone's security camera had picked up something interesting, beyond the two vehicles they were looking for. I've thought from the moment they essentially locked down the entire neighborhood that something was keeping them there, beyond just proximity to her home.

Hoping for good news but afraid it’s not going to be.....:(

National Child Kidnapping Facts

"The findings were that among abducted children who were murdered, "in 74 percent of the cases the victims were dead within three hours after abduction." What is not generally reported is the fact that this statistic refers to a very small group of children abducted by violent or predatory kidnappers (approximately 1 in every 10,000 reports of a missing child).

So yes, it is important to find the child quickly, in case the kidnapping is one of that small group. But it is incorrect to assume that 74% of kidnapped children are at risk of being killed if not found within 3 hours."

Missing children in U.S. nearly always make it home alive
Missing children in U.S. nearly always make it home alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members