Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As our officers continue their investigation into the homicide of Faye Swetlik, we will be updating the community today at 11:45 AM. Please tune in to your local media for the latest information.

#FayeSwetlik
Glad to read this. Adding link: Cayce Department of Public Safety

Judi Gatson on Twitter I hope this link works.
From the link, BBM:

NEW INFO: Investigators tell me they are holding a news conference at 11:45 a.m to release new information in the Faye Swetlik case. We will carry it live on all #WIS10 platforms.

Grace Runkel on Twitter
Here’s some context for how close #FayeSwetlik’s house and the crime scene are.
EQvmi0kWAAEQIqJ.jpg

9:43 AM - 14 Feb 2020

City of Cayce on Twitter
Our City is also thankful for the hard work and dedication of our @Cayce_DPS officers and staff as they worked around the clock to bring Faye home. We respect the investigation process they must go through in order to bring #JusticeforFaye! #FayeSwetlik
EQvrEbZW4AA82x_.jpg

10:02 AM - 14 Feb 2020

Based on this map the perp had to drive out of his subdivision and into hers to grab her. I don't think he could have waLked off with her without a commotion, unless he used a decoy like a missing pet or something like that. I posted a bit ago I think the video/photo release of the vehicles triggered finding her. I think the male death was caused by suicide and he realized that LE were closing in on him. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was watching this closely using all resources. LE is now investigating his life - I hope we know more in coming days about him! This is ALL JMO

Last edited:
I know folks want to do something yet I can't help but think of the money, spent on flowers and stuffed animals, that could go to a more permanent cause, like camera's in her neighborhood, a donation to her school for playground improvement, to her family for unexpected burial expenses, etc...

I agree. A security system in her community would be great.
The stuff left at Stapleton Center for Kobe left me speechless. I know his widow, Vanessa, requested some of it be shipped to her, I hope the remainder went to a hospital or a shelter.

Based on this map the perp had to drive out of his subdivision and into hers to grab her. I don't think he could have waked off with her without a commotion, unless he used a decoy like a missing pet or something like that. I posted a bit ago I think the video/photo release of the vehicles triggered finding her. I think the male death was caused by suicide and he realized that LE were closing in on him. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was watching this closely using all resources. LE is now investigating his life - I hope we know more in coming days about him!
We know he was driving and where he lives? MOO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Presser announcement!
As our officers continue their investigation into the homicide of Faye Swetlik, we will be updating the community today at 11:45 AM. Please tune in to your local media for the latest information.

#FayeSwetlik

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor little Faye. This is so tragic and I’m so disturbed by many things about this case.

One thing that’s bothering me is people all over the internet demanding change to the AA system. I don’t understand why because how would it have helped Faye for me in Texas to immediately be alerted that a mom in SC had lost sight of her child in the front yard? No indication she left the neighborhood. The people who could have possibly seen or helped her WERE notified immediately—the people & businesses in the area—by the cops going door to door & mom frantically asking everyone.

If they had video of her getting into a car w/a suspect who say had ties to Texas (or somewhere) then an AA would make total sense. The AA system is very fine tuned and think if we all got every alert for a mom losing sight of her child. We would be getting many many alerts per day & no one would pay any attention anymore. Most kids are found ok. I feel people need to be careful demanding change that could backfire & do more harm than good.

Poor little Faye. This is so tragic and I’m so disturbed by many things about this case.

One thing that’s bothering me is people all over the internet demanding change to the AA system. I don’t understand why because how would it have helped Faye for me in Texas to immediately be alerted that a mom in SC had lost sight of her child in the front yard? No indication she left the neighborhood. The people who could have possibly seen or helped her WERE notified immediately—the people & businesses in the area—by the cops going door to door & mom frantically asking everyone.

If they had video of her getting into a car w/a suspect who say had ties to Texas (or somewhere) then an AA would make total sense. The AA system is very fine tuned and think if we all got every alert for a mom losing sight of her child. We would be getting many many alerts per day & no one would pay any attention anymore. Most kids are found ok. I feel people need to be careful demanding change that could backfire & do more harm than good.

I think some people fail to understand the AA.
Not implying or suggesting a RSO is involved here but I’d like to see more monitoring of level 3 sex offenders, nationwide. Perhaps a routine similar to some mandated drug court programs. I worked for 20+ years for drug court, it was strict, so strict we had a lot of drop outs, preferring prison to drug court demands. Like 90 meetings on 30 days, 40 hour minimum work week, random calls requiring you to appear at a designated site within 12 hours, etc., it was a no excuse program.
I see no reason high risk sex offenders can’t be court ordered to attend programs. Moo

Kind of off topic...but have they said when the autopsy on the other male will be performed? I am assuming the same day as Faye's? Wondering if they are going to wait till autopsy is done to announce the identity?
That's the coroner's call -- just as she officially identified FMW, she will do the same with the deceased male and we will likely hear his name once his family notified. I expect we will learn his name at the upcoming presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321