Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy stuff.

I brought up the Kali Poulton case yesterday, so common in these abduction cases, I'm afraid. Perp is often times living literally a stone's throw away from where the child lives, LE interview the individual early on say looking for the child but never considers them a suspect, etc.

Mark Christie would watch Kali from his apartment, and watch her and her mom when they were together in the apartment complex they all lived in. Watch from a distance while Kali was at the nearby playground, and even made comments to Kali's mother about her.

He was a security guard at a factory at the time, some years later Kali was found in tank of something or another at the factory.

Just food for thought I think, often times the abductors of really young children who are not close relatives are literally a stone's throw away from where the child lives.

JMO
The man who took Kirsten (Anthony Palma) had let her uncle live with him for a week whilst they searched for her. At his trial, Kirsten's best friend recalled that every time she came over her house she saw Anthony standing at his front porch staring at them while they played outside. His own family stated to the media that he would get upset and would sometimes cry at the yearly anniversary of her disappearance. He also had a frightening criminal history littered with physical and sexual assaults, and was the prime suspect in the sexual assault twenty years previous of another 8 year old who happened to be his then girlfriend's younger sister. Honestly I'm surprised he wasn't looked into earlier and I agree with your post 100%.

It looks at the whole for safety. No one on here claimed only homicide,m. If you read all the commentary in that link you will see. In addition, many other studies and articles support kids are safer overall, even if homicides alone are up a minuscule amount.
And there’s the, take into account thing, that the US population had doubled since 1950.

Attachments

• 4DE4A57D-4EF9-4E19-BE9F-A50233A6732E.jpeg
    4DE4A57D-4EF9-4E19-BE9F-A50233A6732E.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2
By Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com and Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com

Published: 14:12 EST, 13 February 2020 | Updated: 03:42 EST, 14 February 2020

604k shares

View comments

24606446-7991521-image-m-4_1581433022012.jpg

The body of Faye Swetlik (pictured) has been found in her South Carolina neighborhood

The bereaved grandmother of Faye Swetlik shared a video showing the six-year-old singing ‘You Are My Sunshine’ just hours after authorities in South Carolina confirmed that she was found dead.

The body of Swetlik, who has been missing since Monday afternoon, was found in her South Carolina neighborhood on Thursday, the same day investigators said the body of an unidentified man was located nearby.

'It's with extremely heavy hearts that we announce we have found the body,' Director of Public Safety for Cayce, Byron Snellgrove said through tears at a Thursday news conference where he spoke for only about a minute and took no questions.

FEB 13, 2020
Lexington District 2 give tips for parents on how to best talk about Faye's death
Lexington County School District Two sent out an automated message to parents of students at Springdale Elementary. Faye Swetlik was a first-grader at the school.

[...]

Parents we spoke to say they're not looking forward to the conversation, even though their children have been asking about Faye.

"...keep responses at the child's level of understanding."

The school plans to have extra counselors available to speak with students, teachers and staff at Springdale Elementary.

"...listen and hug."

Not sure what the delay is caused by regarding the deceased male near her. That is the key imo. As facts and history tell us, the overwhelming majority of serial killers and more importantly - child killers --------- are white males. I'm eager to see how this plays out. <modsnip: removed hearsay/rumor>

"Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population."

From this FBI report:

Serial Murder | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Thank you. I don't think cities/towns should be in multiple counties o_O

Probably 98% plus of Cayce is in Lexington County. Historically it has always been a Lexington County community. But about 15 years ago the powers that be in Cayce grabbed a bit of land across the river in Richland County thinking it was going to be the site of a big new development. Very controversial and I’m not sure anything was ever built. At least that’s how I remember it. That’s why it says Cayce lies in both counties but it really belongs to Lexington County.

"Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population."

From this FBI report:

Serial Murder | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Serial killers do, with like 99% consistency, target members of their own race though. I find that to be quite fascinating. I think this fact coupled with the established historical tendency for police to more thoroughly investigate crimes against white victims is what influences the historical statistic that there are a higher percentage of known white serial killers. There's no shortage of them in all racial groups though, and statistics have been becoming more in line with population lately as police procedures improve. There's always going to be discrepancies related to urban population density though. It's simply harder to establish criminal patterns within communities where there is a much higher incidence of random violent crime

FEB 13 updated FEB 14, 2020
The death of SC 6-year-old Faye Swetlik: What we know
[...]

Here's what we know so far:
  • Faye Swetlik's body was found around 11 a.m. Thursday
  • An autopsy is scheduled Friday at MUSC in Charleston
  • A dead male was also found in the Cayce neighborhood during the search for Swetlik. His identity and details related to his death have not been released.
  • Swetlik's family discovered she was missing at about 3:45 p.m. Monday, shortly after a school bus dropped her off at home, and called the police about an hour later.
  • Before her disappearance, she was last seen playing in her front yard
  • Multiple law enforcement agencies have been involved in a large-scale search for Swetlik in the days since she went missing.
  • Her death was announced at an impromptu press conference at 1 p.m. Thursday.
  • Swetlik was a first-grader at Springdale Elementary
  • Investigators are asking anyone with information related to Swetlik's death to call a hotline at 803-205-4444
  • No arrests have been made.
[...]

I think whoever took Faye, took her into the woods that night, did whatever with her(bc it doesn't' take long for a guy) and then killed her and themselves all in that 1.5 hour span. With the amount of LE that was in that neighborhood, I don't see how he could have done that 2-3 days later. Sorry I got graphic in the beginning but that's my thoughts.

These statistics seem to follow more closely what we read and hear about daily. With the advent of podcasts and forums like WS, plus SM, it is more obvious that these statistics are closer to the truth, IMO.
Personally I don’t follow statistics, they are often susceptible to bias and discrimination, but I do agree that these stats seem to be more accurate than others.

I don't follow statistics either. I much prefer to read actual case studies where the child victims, and actual perpetrators are known.

Of course children are abducted, but most are not murdered if it involves parental involvement.

However when the child is abducted and then murdered it is far more likely to happen by a stranger or an acquaintance etc.

Jmho

Grace Runkel on Twitter
Here’s some context for how close #FayeSwetlik’s house and the crime scene are.
EQvmi0kWAAEQIqJ.jpg

9:43 AM - 14 Feb 2020

City of Cayce on Twitter
Our City is also thankful for the hard work and dedication of our @Cayce_DPS officers and staff as they worked around the clock to bring Faye home. We respect the investigation process they must go through in order to bring #JusticeforFaye! #FayeSwetlik
EQvrEbZW4AA82x_.jpg

10:02 AM - 14 Feb 2020
Thank you ! I knew there were conflicting reports (found in woods, found in yard, found in a house) - so this looks like the woods was the correct location?

I think whoever took Faye, took her into the woods that night, did whatever with her(bc it doesn't' take long for a guy) and then killed her and themselves all in that 1.5 hour span. With the amount of LE that was in that neighborhood, I don't see how he could have done that 2-3 days later. Sorry I got graphic in the beginning but that's my thoughts.
Good to see you WF

RIP sweet baby girl

Occam's razor cuts both ways. We can speculate, but law enforcement needs the faith of their community. Someone posted a link to an announcement from local law enforcement last night that was fantastically concise, responsible, assuring and compassionate all at the same time. One of the best I've ever seen to be honest. If their investigators are as good as their social media people then I'm confident the truth will be shortly forthcoming
If it's this one, I wholeheartedly share your opinion. BBM MOO

Cayce Department of Public Safety
While we grieve for Faye and try to process this tragedy, we want to ensure you that our work continues and want to let you know what to expect in the coming days.

We are working closely with the Lexington County Coroner's Office, who will be providing updates related to their role in the investigation.

We would like to remind you that our investigators are processing a large amount of physical evidence. This is a highly methodical process, so please bear with us as we will continue to communicate with you as much as possible and in the same manner for which you have become accustomed.

As we weep, we work.

#FayeSwetlik #JusticeforFaye

Photo courtesy of WIS TV

86277759_2993483624037137_8332162938500546560_n.jpg

Grace Runkel on Twitter
REMEMBERING FAYE: As officials begin their homicide investigation, a memorial for #FayeMarieSwetlik is growing outside the 6-year-old’s neighborhood.
EQvKImSWsAEYizY.jpg

8:38 AM - 14 Feb 2020

Grace Runkel on Twitter
Every couple minutes another car pulls up with flowers or a stuffed animal for the #FayeMarieSwetlik memorial.
EQvdhjmXsAE_uKI.jpg

EQvdhjlXUAAI80h.jpg

EQvdhjmWsAAXb0N.jpg

EQvdhjoXsAA4b-4.jpg

9:03 AM - 14 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

I know folks want to do something yet I can't help but think of the money, spent on flowers and stuffed animals, that could go to a more permanent cause, like camera's in her neighborhood, a donation to her school for playground improvement, to her family for unexpected burial expenses, etc...

I feel LE knew his ID from the get go, but could not find him. Surely the sheriff had his department locating RSO, especially level III SO. My guess is, oops one is missing, prompting a search of the complex, believing he might be hiding out with an acquaintance. Moo

Do you think he was a RSO?

I wondered if the release of the video and photos of the vehicles triggered the suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321