Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they looked out and didn’t see her at 3:45 and their searching began... and then they called police at 5 when they felt like they needed the extra help
Moo!

Apologies if this has already been answered, but what happens if noone is there to collect a child? Having been turfed off a school bus myself even though my mum wasn't there to collect me, back in the day. I wondered what the procedure is. Does the bus wait for CPS, do they try and keep them on the bus? What if the kid hops off before anyone can stop them or refuses to stay put?
In my county in SC they call the school and bring them back to the school. I'm not in or near this county though. (Also very LONG time lurker, first time poster. )

Timeline Draft:

Faye went to school Feb. 10 and rode her bus home, as usual,

Springdale ES Dismissal: 2:25 PM
Departed Bus at Usual Stop: ? PM
Arrived Home: ? PM
Began to play in front yard: ? PM
NOTICED MISSING: 3:45 PM
NOTIFIED LE: 5 PM

Fill in if you know some of those other times- I don’t think released yet. But probably went missing in very narrow window- btwn 3-3:45?

Her school lets out at 2:25. She lives about six miles from school, which doesn't mean much - it could take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour for her to get home. (My kids lived two miles from school but were last off their bus - took 45 minutes to get home!)

So she got off the bus, either went in the house and came back out, or just played in the yard straight off the bus.

A "family member" saw her playing in the yard at 3:45 - at that point she could have been out there only a few minutes, or up to an hour, depending on when the bus dropped her off.

If she lives with her mother, then that family member would probably be her mother...yes? Or an older sibling? Or....? Kind of odd that they aren't mentioning who saw her last.

Then they looked out around 5 pm for her, and didn't see her.
LE at press release stated her fam began to look for her at 3:45 and notified police 5PM.

After seeing the yellow tape on the door, I am assuming she is living in the apartment rather than one of the houses across the street. I wonder if there is usually a maintenance worker or property manager hanging around that Faye would have been familiar with?

From that image my google earth shows that address as possibly 699 Londonderry square, #16? It’s a culdesac and they are the second townhome. Someone would have had to pull in or already be in the area to abduct her.

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth
Adding photo and timestamp:

EQgcXX-WkAEzRvx.jpg

11:04 AM - 11 Feb 2020

ETA- looking to road from her house from google earthupload_2020-2-11_10-51-14.jpeg

Last edited:
From that image my google earth shows that address as possibly 699 Londonderry square, #16? It’s a culdesac and they are the second townhome. Someone would have had to pull in or already be in the area to abduct her.

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

ETA- looking to road from her house from google earthView attachment 231413
IMO, if this is an abduction and not a wander off situation, they need to be checking every neighbor within eyesight.

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

If her bus drops her off at the end of her culdesac, she didn't have very far to walk.

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

ETA- looking to road from her house from google earthView attachment 231413
There's a good street view here: https://hotpads.com/6-londonderry-s...ad?border=false&lat=33.9501&lon=-81.0969&z=15

Attachments

• B27C8222-C18C-422A-B2F9-BB190406F681.jpeg
    B27C8222-C18C-422A-B2F9-BB190406F681.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 42
Regarding parents waiting for the bus--where I live, I never see parents waiting at bus stops. I have a lot of kids in my neighborhood who seem to be ages 5/6 and up who take the bus. The bus typically stops at the end of a road, so at most, kids are maybe walking 1-2 short blocks home. I always see kids around this age walking home alone (maybe with other young kids, but not adults).
Kids here in eastern NC in our school district have to have a parent/guardian at or near the bus stop for K through 2nd grade, if no one is there they will not let them off the bus and they will take them back to the school and call next of kin. This has happened here recently where a child was taken back to school.

FEB 10 updated FEB 11, 2020
Officials continue search for missing 6-year-old girl
Officials say Swetlik lived at home with her mother but they do not know who was home when she got off the bus.
It's comments like this that bothers the heck out of me. I have to wonder why they do not know who was home when she got off the bus. Seems a simple question for the mother to answer in order to get a simple answer. On just about every single missing child case, no one can answer simple questions at all, especially the people who are responsible for caring for the child.

Why wasn't anyone out there watching her?
I dunno, my kids were left to play in the yard whilst I kept half an eye from the first floor balcony (I am in the UK so it's ground, then 1st, then 2nd floor.) It's an enclosed space and whilst you're pottering about getting dinner ready or doing chores you do tend to assume they are OK. My kids ALWAYS came up to ask before they left anywhere, I don't really feel jumping on the parents 'if' they were, say, emptying the washer and then came back and their child was gone is fair. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983