Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The only thing I can think of- if fam is involved in quick time frame is this:

argument, strike, hits head, dies, panics, plan to dump, drive off, dump, return, call.

With all the creeks, rivers, ponds & forests... possible to do in 1 hour. Remember Lizzie was a block away under leaves. Many searchers and dogs took days to find her. Multiple people passed the spot multiple times.
Sadly, if there was a boyfriend around the house at the time, I don't think an argument with Faye is what started all this, imo.

:(

We've heard before that by the time a 911 call is made for a missing child, the child is often already deceased. I can think of other cases where a child was taken and killed very quickly. I hope Faye was spared that fate, but we need to be ready for a sad story.

May the truth be discovered - and Faye recovered - today.

jmo

Cody Alcorn
      10 hrs ·

Here's what we know on #FayeSwetlik case

A neighbor whose son rides the bus with Faye told a WIS-TV reporter she saw her get off the bus around 2:50 p.m. near the mailboxes and walk about 30 yards with her mom home.
      Police say Faye got off the school bus and was last seen around 3:45 p.m.
      Family reported her missing around 5 p.m.
      Cayce Department of Public Safety posted to Facebook about Faye missing at 6:05 p.m.
      Crime scene tape is up over the door of Faye's home.
      WIS-TV captured video of two cars which were parked in front of Faye's home being towed away this afternoon.
      Police confirmed they've received surveillance video that's helped them in their investigation into Faye's disappearance.
      A 5 p.m. news conference police confirmed the family has been cooperative in the investigation.
      There's been no confirmed sighting of Faye since she vanished on Monday afternoon.
      FBI and SLED are assisting CDPS along with other local agencies.
      An Amber Alert has NOT been issued. In covering these types of cases, it's likely there is a reason why one has not been issued. Remember, police aren't going to release everything they know in an investigation to the media or the public. There's been a lot of negativity put on social media surrounding the fact no Amber Alert was issued. You have to realize they know more than they're releasing at this hour. Hundreds of officers are working this case to bring this little girl home.
  • Cody Alcorn

Was the boyfriend in the house when Faye’s mother returned from
Was this reported? I only saw initial reports that Mom got Faye off the bus. I haven’t seen indication that she was the only one at the house?

At the press conference, it was mentioned that the mother was the only one home

That they know who is responsible, and don’t want to tip their hand right now.

They may want to hold off the circus, while they investigate.

LE also often states this to give hope to the family members, and to keep the media, and public interested hoping they are looking for an alive missing child.

Until they find the suspect they will continue to say they have no evidence of an abduction. Evidence is needed.

Look how many other cases where LE has said to the press they only had evidence the person was missing while knowing behind the scene they knew the victims had most likely met with foul play.

It's just the way most LE phrases it at this juncture. They also know if the public thinks Faye is alive it will keep the tips coming in.

All we have to do though is read between the lines. It's not what LE says. It's what they are doing, and where. :(

Jmho

Not sounding good for little girl Faye. I have a feeling that LE is really on top of what has happened...no public searching now and no Amber Alert. This is probably going to be solved very close to home, imo. Any updates or thoughts on the video that LE said was very helpful, like did it come from a business or a local? tia

One article mentioned Faye has a “tethered tongue”. If true, I wonder why it was not addressed prior to beginning school? Moo
How should it have been addressed? Most insurance won’t cover surgery, so most kids do years of speech therapy & orofacial exercises. Provided for free only through the public school system. Which she’s in.

How should it have been addressed? Most insurance won’t cover surgery, so most kids do years of speech therapy & orofacial exercises. Provided for free only through the public school system. Which she’s in.
Jmo often it is a very simple surgery. Again, Jmo
Perhaps her medical team felt it would go away eventually thru speech therapy.

FEB 11, 2020
Officials: No evidence of abduction during investigation into missing 6-year-old from S.C., parents cooperating
[...]

Right now the search for Faye remains focused on her neighborhood.

“We’ve not ruled anything out,” Snellgrove said. “We’re not sure that she hasn’t just walked off and is somewhere in the woods or at a neighbor’s house. Possibly in distress or fallen or something like that.”

Tuesday afternoon, WIS reporter Caroline Hecker saw FBI agents scouring the property where Faye was last seen.

[...]

Investigators have towed two cars away from the property. Snellgrove said the cars could be useful to the investigation, but didn’t provide more details.

Officials said they have found some useful surveillance footage so far.

[...]

Anyone with video or information should call the tipline at 803-205-4444.

The tipline was set up Tuesday morning has netted them about 75 leads so far, Snellgrove said. They’ve already followed up on about 50 of them and Snellgrove said they are going to exhaust all leads.

[...]

'Or at a neighbor's house.'

What? That makes absolutely no sense to me. They think she could be at a neighbor's house, but the cops are searching everywhere for Faye, and the neighbor doesn't produce Faye???

I do agree she may be in a neighbor's home, but not of her own free will.

LE would have to have probable cause to go in, and thoroughly search for Faye in any neighbors home.

Imo, if she is inside someone's home in the area she isnt alive. :( Many pedophiles will kidnap their small victims, and take them back to their home to be inhumanely sexually defiled, and murdered.

I read about a case a few years back where they found the body of the child victim in a crawl space inside the suspect's home or apartment.:(

Jmho

'Or at a neighbor's house.'

What? That makes absolutely no sense to me. They think she could be at a neighbor's house, but the cops are searching everywhere for Faye, and the neighbor doesn't produce Faye???

I do agree she may be in a neighbor's home, but not of her own free will.

LE would have to have probable cause to go in, and thoroughly search for Faye in any neighbors home.

Imo, if she is inside someone's home in the area she isnt alive. :( Many pedophiles will kidnap their small victims, and take them back to their home to be inhumanely defiled.

I read about a case a few years back where they found the body of the child victim in a crawl space inside the suspect's home or apartment.:(

Jmho
Remember the GA case, Jorelys Rivera, killed by the mtc man, Ryan Brunn? JR simply vanished in broad daylight from the complex common area.

I don't know if there are levels but my son was born with a tethered tongue and the pediatrician literally took a pair of medical scissors and clipped it. Within days of birth.

Yes, I’ve heard of it being “snipped” almost immediately with no recovery necessary. Again, JMO
The only reason I mentioned it is because I’m curious about her speech impediment. If she needed to verbally express “things” she might have experienced, could she?

I don't know if there are levels but my son was born with a tethered tongue and the pediatrician literally took a pair of medical scissors and clipped it. Within days of birth.
Yes, severity varies & surgical treatment is controversial. We know nothing about Faye’s situation other than she has the condition. I don’t think it has any relevance to this case. Jmho Ankyloglossia - Wikipedia

Don't feel too bad. I live in SC and 9 out of 10 friends consistently think that I live in NC (no matter how many times I correct them). For some reason when people hear Carolina, they automatically think of the northern one.

ETA: You would think with the popularity of LivePD and the fact that two departments featured are located in SC that they'd remember us. Especially when so much crazy stuff goes down with those two departments in particular. Also, now that I think about it... a portion of Cayce is in Richland County!
That's funny, I live in NC and a lot of MSM and other people always get it mixed up with SC. Some people just call it "the Carolinas". LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230