Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE felt there was an abduction or even that Faye's last location prior to going missing was in her yard/porch, wouldn't crime scene tape be around the porch/yard vs. the front door of the home?

seems like it would be included. In a multi family housing complex/shared yard situation, it would be difficult to keep everyone off the yard area. Moo

One of my children is tongue tied and my pediatrician and ENT won’t clip her since she nursed well. When she was older she just did some therapy to stretch it and now that she is a teen she is fine. Little speech impediment and can’t play some instruments or touch her tongue to her nose, which we often joke about. On the other hand my son was very tied, the “string” went to the tip of his tongue and above, the ent put him under general anesthesia as a newborn and used a lazor to clip his.
Had nothing to do with insurance or money both times. We went with what doctors suggested and did her second options both times. We don’t know her medial history or what the doctors recommend
I agree we do not, however if her speech impediment is severe, I have to believe that an ENT, pediatrician, pediatric dentist, and/or speech language pathologist would have absolutely suggested that this be done. Both of my children were also tongue tied, and clipped in the ENT office at a couple of days old. There were feeding issues, however. The pediatric dentist I work for, does laser releases frequently, as well. Honestly, none of it matters at this point bc I don't think this will be significant to finding Faye at all. MOO

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...s-third-day/&usg=AOvVaw1nBRCi0RiDD54z7mLEWucL

By Kiana Miller | February 12, 2020 at 9:29 AM EST - Updated February 12 at 10:05 AM

CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - The search for missing Faye Swetlik, 6, has entered day three and officials say they’ve received nearly 80 tips in her case.

Out of those tips, officials say that they’ve begun to follow up on about 50 of them. The investigation is currently focused on the neighborhood where Faye lives and the home she shares with her mother and grandmother on Londonderry Square.

Swetlik’s family said they last saw her playing in the yard Monday, Feb. 10 after school around 3:45 p.m. They reported her missing to police around 5 p.m.

RELATED STORY: Officials: No evidence of abduction during investigation into missing 6-year-old from S.C.
As many as 250 law enforcement personnel have been combing the Churchill Heights neighborhood questioning neighbors and stopping vehicles that were coming in and out of the area.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEzMXjpcznAhVOw1kKHbHEBzQQ0PADMAJ6BAgJEA0&url=https://www.wistv.com/2020/02/12/officials-have-received-nearly-tips-search-missing-sc-year-old-enters-third-day/&usg=AOvVaw1nBRCi0RiDD54z7mLEWucL

By Kiana Miller | February 12, 2020 at 9:29 AM EST - Updated February 12 at 10:05 AM

CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - The search for missing Faye Swetlik, 6, has entered day three and officials say they’ve received nearly 80 tips in her case.

Out of those tips, officials say that they’ve begun to follow up on about 50 of them. The investigation is currently focused on the neighborhood where Faye lives and the home she shares with her mother and grandmother on Londonderry Square.

Swetlik’s family said they last saw her playing in the yard Monday, Feb. 10 after school around 3:45 p.m. They reported her missing to police around 5 p.m.

RELATED STORY: Officials: No evidence of abduction during investigation into missing 6-year-old from S.C.
As many as 250 law enforcement personnel have been combing the Churchill Heights neighborhood questioning neighbors and stopping vehicles that were coming in and out of the area.
So grandma does live with Faye? I thought she lived out of town? Or is that a different grandma?

BBM. Yep, this is how it usually goes. I do wonder if it was reported so soon because someone uninvolved raised the alarm. Grandma maybe?

I think it was reported so soon to ensure that no one else would report it. MOO.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiEzMXjpcznAhVOw1kKHbHEBzQQ0PADMAJ6BAgJEA0&url=https://www.wistv.com/2020/02/12/officials-have-received-nearly-tips-search-missing-sc-year-old-enters-third-day/&usg=AOvVaw1nBRCi0RiDD54z7mLEWucL

Well, that tells me all need to know jmo

Citing “officials”...
Confirms grandmother, mom & Faye live at the home together. The BF does not live there. G’ma does not live in another state or across country.

I just don't think her mother or grandmother are involved. I'm leaning towards a neighbor, or a boyfriend, especially if she went to see an elderly neighbor who was not home, and she was alone. I'm not seeing a mother, who cares enough to meet her first grader on time at the bus and walk her home, to kill her less than an hour later. That makes 0 sense to me. Parental involvement is more of "I put her to bed and when I went to check on her 6, 8, 12 hours later she was gone" or "they went to play at a friend's house and didn't come home 4 hours later" (talking about you TS!). We know for a fact she was at home by like 3:05 based on photo evidence and witnesses. So she was noticed missing 40 to 45 minutes later, and the police called at 5. I don't see parental involvement at all with that timeline. Someone saw a small 6 year old alone and pounced.

This is not correct, AFAIK. She was "last seen" at 3:45 and reported missing at 5 pm. I've read at least four articles that report it this way.

There is no evidence that she was missing at 3:45 but not reported until 5 pm, which is a very different scenario.

If we were all more careful about what we said on this thread, misinformation wouldn't continue to be posted over and over.

ChloeCarlsonTV on Twitter
Law enforcement still going door-to-door gathering information on what happened Monday afternoon when Faye Marie Swetlik went missing. @wachfox
EQlLpRkWkAATvLG.jpg

EQlLpRkXkAQMqLL.jpg

9:09 AM - 12 Feb 2020

This is not correct, AFAIK. She was "last seen" at 3:45 and reported missing at 5 pm. I've read at least four articles that report it this way.

There is no evidence that she was missing at 3:45 but not reported until 5 pm, which is a very different scenario.

If we were all more careful about what we said on this thread, misinformation wouldn't continue to be posted over and over.
Timeline:

Feb 10, Faye went to school, rode bus 21RP to her stop @ 2218 Londonberry Lane, walked home with her mom- witnessed by at least 1 parent/student at the stop.

Springdale ES Dismissal: 2:25 PM

Bus Stop: 2:50 PM- per neighbor
(consistent w 2:51 PM bus sched)

Arrived Home: 2:55 PMish

Played in yard/house: ?

NOTICED MISSING: not known

LE NOTIFIED: 5 PM

Cayce PD Posted FB: 6:05 PM

DISAPPEARANCE WINDOW:
2:55-4:45 or 3:50-4:45 Guestimate

Oh ok,I thought it was. I'll edit my post, thanks.

Reporters just announced LE will be going door to door again and neighborhood is being put on lock down. They are going to be asked to leave.
ETA ; press conference at 11:45

Still getting the Jenise Wright vibes on this case. Someone in the neighborhood, someone who knew her, someone still there. imo

jmo

19 individuals on the SLED offender registry live or work within 1 mile of her house. 125 listed within 3 mile radius.
not blaming , but this is why I'm against kids not being fenced in,Different times! 125!!!!! I'm re googling my neighborhood now ,
I really think that there needs to be some campaign from CPS to insure Child Safety This is 2020 all of us that grew up in the 60s 70s and 80 still remember our childhoods and its perfectly normal for us to want our children to do what we did, be a kid , play outside ETC. I'm not Blaming at all, I think we need new training for a new decade , most people aren't newshounds or crime readers so they do the same thing as they did when they grew up , its not AT ALL safe anymore , I seriously think we need an "aware campaign" they tell us to wear our safety belt in the car don't they? now granted this might not be a stranger abduction we don't know yet, but it still needs to be shouted from the rooftops MOO, IMO .

CAYCE, S.C. — Cayce Department of Public Safety officers will give an update at 11:45 a.m. on the search for a missing 6-year-old girl.

Officers have scheduled a news conference at that time. WLTX will have live streaming coverage on-air and online.

Faye Swetlik was last seen playing in front of her yard in Cayce on Monday afternoon. Since then, there's been a massive search for her involving over 250 officers, including the FBI.

Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member