GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This almost certainly has to be a copy-cat type crime, being committed by the parents due to this sort of thing being everywhere in the news right now.

It seems like almost every day there is another parent that kills two or three of their kids for what appears to be no reason at all.

When exactly did it become open season on kids in this country ?

Is the economy still so bad that people just don't feel like they have any other option ?

It says she moved in with a male neighbor .. Not blaming her at all, but I wonder with a good lawyer if he didn't claim she abandoned her kids ... I think this was all out of spite. The fact she moved in with a male neighbor probably ticked him off ... Just my opinions

You may definitely be on to something there.......spite.

OkieGranny's link upthread shows this info, wonder if that could be the reason?

Two years ago, the wife moved in with a male neighbor and Tim Jones moved away with the children, the Hyders said.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/09/09/3420904_5-kids-missing-from-sc-foul-play.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

That link also sounds like Dad was an angry man who neglected the kids (per the neighbors interviewed). They said Dad didn't believe in the school system, so those poor kids never had a chance to have a little respite from him. When he was arrested in his Cadillac Escalade he appeared to be under the influence and the deputy found what were believed to be chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine and a substance believed to be the street drug Spice, a form of synthetic marijuana.

It's just heartbreaking. Those poor, poor kids :(

This wasn't a parental abduction, he had primary custody because their mother (his ex wife) left them and moved in with a male neighbor. Sounds like IMO the kids were in a no-win situation with both parents, sad he didn't turn them over to CPS or relatives.

Brains play no part when they're fried on drugs. The area of Lexington Cty where he lived with the children is very rural, lots of back roads, and very well-known as an area with tons of meth labs and home-grown/made drugs. Based on what was found in the car and his condition at the time of the stop, I'd say it's a safe guess that he was involved in using and/or manufacturing said drugs.

How the courts decided it was in the children's best interest to be placed with the father is beyond me.

MOO

http://www.wistv.com/story/26496442...ghly-intelligent-capable-of-handling-children

Quite obviously brains play no part. Still, it wasn't what I expected.

kids_zps23ee4541.jpg

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crim...nes-accused-of-murder-of-5-children/15384987/

Can I say bless his (sheriff) heart!! I wanted to hug him ... He was clearly upset in that press conference .. :(
I will be very interested to read the children's services reports that are released later ...

Did they say they were going to be released? I would like to see them too.

WTH is going on? The woman in the NW who killed one kid, tried to kill the other, the one in VA who killed two kids, this guy, a schizophrenic mom and two kids who are missing...all in the past few days (except the NW one a few weeks ago)

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crim...nes-accused-of-murder-of-5-children/15384987/

Investigators have released new details of a timeline of the events leading up to the stop. On August 28th--the last day anyone saw the children alive--Smith picked the kids up from school and daycare. On August 29th and September 2nd, the childrens' school noticed they were absent from class. The children's mother, who's divorced from Jones, says she couldn't contact her husband, and on September 3rd, she filed a missing person's report...

McCarty believes the children were killed early on, likely in Lexington County. Jones apparently then went on a wandering, multi-state journey that took him to North Carolina, the towns of Lake City and Orangeburg in South Carolina, and Athens, Georgia. He then proceeded from South Carolina first to Alabama to dispose of the bodies, McCarty says, and finally on to Mississippi.

You know, homeschooling can be great if done well and the parent is active in actually teaching the kids. However, it is a safe haven for parental abuse and neglect since teachers are mandatory reporters/would notice if a kid went missing.

Did they say they were going to be released? I would like to see them too.

WTH is going on? The woman in the NW who killed one kid, tried to kill the other, the one in VA who killed two kids, this guy, a schizophrenic mom and two kids who are missing...all in the past few days (except the NW one a few weeks ago)

The guy who spoke for children's services said at press conference that it would be released later today ... I hope so!

http://www.thestate.com/2014/09/10/3671959_live-updates-from-lexington-press.html?sp=/99/132/&rh=1

Lexington County Sheriff Lewis McCarty said in a press conference Wednesday that Timothy Ray Jones Jr., 32, was calm as he led investigators to where he dumped the bodies of his five children Merah, 8; Elias, 7; Nahtahn, 6; Gabriel, 2; and Abagail Elizabeth, 1.

Sheriff McCarty did not release the names of the children during the press conference, however, their names and ages were obtained from divorce records on file at the Lexington County Family Court.

According to the divorce order, the name of Agagail Elizabeth was changed to Elaine Marie Jones. No explanation as to why was given.

Thanks for the link, OkieGranny. We had heard a different university on the radio this morning. Not that it really matters, but I just wanted to clarify. When they get facts confused, I start questioning the other facts they are reporting. I think we are kind of shell-shocked here. This is too close to home for me. The only solace I can hope to find is that they aren't suffering now.

ETA: watching noon news now on WLBT. Our reporter on scene in Smith county could barely get through her sign off without choking up. Safe to say people here are deeply saddened.

Spice:

Spice users report experiences similar to those produced by marijuana—elevated mood, relaxation, and altered perception—and in some cases the effects are even stronger than those of marijuana. Some users report psychotic effects like extreme anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations. So far, there have been no scientific studies of Spice’s effects on the human brain, but we do know that the cannabinoid compounds found in Spice products act on the same cell receptors as THC, the primary psychoactive component of marijuana. Some of the compounds found in Spice, however, bind more strongly to those receptors, which could lead to a much more powerful and unpredictable effect. Because the chemical composition of many products sold as Spice is unknown, it is likely that some varieties also contain substances that could cause dramatically different effects than the user might expect. What Are the Other Health Effects of Spice? Spice abusers who have been taken to Poison Control Centers report symptoms that include rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Spice can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks. Regular users may experience withdrawal and addiction symptoms.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/spice-synthetic-marijuana

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back