GUILTY SC - Grace Carlson-SantaCruz, 5 mos, Myrtle Beach, 3 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ending ??? Nvm ending get the bloody flash lights in there already !!!

Top story on WMBF news at 6:00. Summary:

Search off for the night. Too dangerous with the rushing water. Reporter live on scene. Baby has not been found, several agencies have been searching the waterways.

A local mother being interviewed by the news station says comments like: Shocked, how can anybody do this? Would like to know more of what is going on. A man was interviewed and said that he hopes this is just a hoax.

The mother has another child that looks to be about 6 years old, she plays with the neighbor's child. (I have seen comments that the baby's older sister is actually 9 years old.)

Police are working to verify the story. Baby's mother is in custody. She was at the house on Sims drive when police arrived.

Search will resume in the morning.

So, no real new info...

Are these creeks fast moving or pretty stagnant?

Ending ??? Nvm ending get the bloody flash lights in there already !!!

Earlier it was reported that they would continue to do ground searches but the water is too fast and the rocks too dangerous to search at night. If this baby girl is in that river, I am afraid this is a recovery mission rather than a rescue.

Top story on WMBF news at 6:00. Summary:

Search off for the night. Too dangerous with the rushing water. Reporter live on scene. Baby has not been found, several agencies have been searching the waterways.

Local mother being interviewed. Shocked, how can anybody do this? Like to know more of what is going on. Man interviewed, hopes this is just a hoax.

The mother has another child that looks to be about 6 years old, she plays with the neighbor's child. (I have seen comments that the baby's older sister is actually 9 years old.)

Police are working to verify the story. Baby's mother is in custody. She was at the house on Sims drive when police arrived.

Search will resume in the morning.

So, no real new info...

Rushing water. Shoot.

I mean....is it possible she did something else to the baby and the baby is in that wooded area and she's either lying or just doesn't KNOW what she did with her? This baby could be anywhere. Her poor older sister :(

:stop:

Hey Folks,

You know the SM rules. Let's not bring anyone's name here unless they've been named in MSM. You can direct to a post, but you can't bring it here and discuss it as it's considered rumor and against TOS.

Please remember to keep all scanner chatter downstairs.

Thanks!

Lord God....

Let me slap the crap out of somebody already.

So she was at Sims Drive rather than Shem Creek Circle? Both are near the Negro Field Swamp (for real? This is its name?). The story says she came out of the creek and told somebody on Shem Creek Circle that she put the baby into the water and then she returned home on Sims Drive?! Who let this woman just walk back home?

<modsnip>

I am very curious about her living situation. Was there a dad at home?

Geez...I know better than to get started on these cases. I want to cuss. And I don't cuss. But it just tears me up to think of the helplessness of these little ones.

Are we looking at postpartum psychosis?

ETA: Here is a link about mom coming out of water...
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/30421...ew-infant-in-creek-rescue-efforts-in-progress

At about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, a woman claiming to be the infant's mother came out of the water, knocked on the door of a home on Shem Creek Circle in Socastee, and told the person living there that she had thrown the infant girl into the creek behind a house on Simms Drive, said Lt. Raul Denis with Horry County Police. When police arrived at Sims Drive to investigate, the mother was home and was taken into custody.

One neighbor watched the whole scene unfold from her porch. She says she has never had a conversation with the woman, but she has seen her with the baby.

"We see her maybe once and a while, walking up and down the street with her," said a neighbor. "Not really sure what's going on, but I am a little shocked."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/30421...ew-infant-in-creek-rescue-efforts-in-progress

I think the mother did exactly what she claimed she did. This is postpartum psychosis, or equal.

I hope there's some way they can string a net or possibly damn up that creek a little bit on the downward end, otherwise that baby may get washed out to sea forever. I know it's a longshot to even suggest it, but if she gets caught up in a current, and with the searchers at home sleeping, well..........you understand.

I think the mother did exactly what she claimed she did. This is postpartum psychosis, or equal.

I hope there's some way they can string a net or possibly damn up that creek a little bit on the downward end, otherwise that baby may get washed out to sea forever. I know it's a longshot to even suggest it, but if she gets caught up in a current, and with the searchers at home sleeping, well..........you understand.

This is the story I was referring to. She came out of the water and knocked on a door on Shem Creek. Then it says police found her back at home on Sims Court. I can't believe she just walked back home after admitting she put her baby in the water. or was allowed to walk back home. I don't know what I might do, but for sure I would try and detain her! Maybe they asked her to take them to where she put the baby in the water?

It was also high tide at approx. 340 this afternoon. The tide is now going out. With the rain this afternoon the banks would have been flooded above normal and I guess that might also help to have a body get caught up...I don't know. This is just so awful. A tiny child's body and the wildlife in the intercoastal scares me.
It appears bleak.
JMO

Could be postpartum psychosis and she is self-medicating with drugs, specifically meth. IMO

This happened at about 10:00 this morning. It's a bit late to damn up the creek so she doesn't get washed out to sea.

It was also high tide at approx. 340 this afternoon. The tide is now going out. With the rain this afternoon the banks would have been flooded above normal and I guess that might also help to have a body get caught up...I don't know. This is just so awful. A tiny child's body and the wildlife in the intercoastal scares me.
It appears bleak.
JMO

I know nothing about tides, etc. I mean I have seen the ocean in day vs night but I guess it hadn't dawned on me that canals and streams were heavily affected by tides. What sort of wildlife? Alligators, etc? I see it says swamp and that's all I think of when I see that word

Drenching rains yesterday and rain again today....not good for the hopes of finding this baby.

I know nothing about tides, etc. I mean I have seen the ocean in day vs night but I guess it hadn't dawned on me that canals and streams were heavily affected by tides. What sort of wildlife? Alligators, etc? I see it says swamp and that's all I think of when I see that word

There are sometimes alligators in the waterways around there, but it has been too cold for them for the past few weeks. They have moved further south.

When the tide comes in it does saturate the marshy swamp areas. When it rains those areas and higher ground become flooded. During a full moon it goes even higher. I'm in Charleston, SC and we recently had historic flooding, it was crazy.
There are alligators and everything from crabs to sharks in the intercostal. I am a transplant to this area so didn't grow up familiar with alligators or the like.

JMO

There are sometimes alligators in the waterways around there, but it has been too cold for them for the past few weeks. They have moved further south.

Do they move south? We have alligators in our neighborhood ponds and it is not unusual to see them occasionally. They do become inactive in the winter months but I do not know if they actually go south...lol
It has actually been mid to upper 70s and 80s locally in the last two weeks.

JMO

Do they move south? We have alligators in our neighborhood ponds and it is not unusual to see them occasionally. They do become inactive in the winter months but I do not know if they actually go south...lol
It has actually been mid to upper 70s and 80s locally in the last two weeks.

JMO
I am in southeast NC, and we only get alligators in the summer when the rivers are very high . The local park ranger told me that they do move further south when the water gets cold. I'm not sure if Myrtle Beach has year round alligators or if only during the summer.

Mother of baby lost in Socastee creek arrested on unrelated warrant http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/30421...ew-infant-in-creek-rescue-efforts-in-progress

Sarah Lane Toney, 33, of Myrtle Beach, was found on a back porch by another homeowner, according to a news release from Horry County Police. Toney told the homeowner that she went into the river with the baby, later identified by police as Baby Grace, but she didn't have a baby with her at the time.

9168203_G.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back