Found Deceased SC - Harlee Lane Lewis, 11 months, Chesterfield County, 29 May 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had a hard time with her descriptions of her dead baby, because she is describing an 11 month old as 'pushing her to the brink' and being 'too hard to handle.' She is blaming the innocent victim, in my opinion.

Those descriptions imply that the child was malicious, or defiant. I do not think that 11 month old babies are malicious or purposely difficult. I can buy that description of a slightly older child, who is old enough to be disruptive and be purposely oppositional.

But an 11 month old baby is 'difficult' only because of their basic needs for food, comfort, dry nappies and affection. That set of basic needs may have pushed this young mother 'to the brink.' But to blame the innocent deceased child, for being too hard to handle really bothered me. Actually, it angered me.

And I think it is kind of revealing, the way she is characterizing the very young child. It tells me a lot.

I had a hard time with her descriptions of her dead baby, because she is describing an 11 month old as 'pushing her to the brink' and being 'too hard to handle.' She is blaming the innocent victim, in my opinion.

Those descriptions imply that the child was malicious, or defiant. I do not think that 11 month old babies are malicious or purposely difficult. I can buy that description of a slightly older child, who is old enough to be disruptive and be purposely oppositional.

But an 11 month old baby is 'difficult' only because of their basic needs for food, comfort, dry nappies and affection. That set of basic needs may have pushed this young mother 'to the brink.' But to blame the innocent deceased child, for being too hard to handle really bothered me. Actually, it angered me.

And I think it is kind of revealing, the way she is characterizing the very young child. It tells me a lot.
It would have sounded much better if she had said that she had a hard time handling a child that age, and that she was often on edge, or something like that. It would have been admitting that she was lacking what it takes to be a mother rather than blaming a baby for being a baby. MOO

How many times, in how many cases have all of us said that no one hides the body of anyone that dies of natural causes? I have never seen one of these sad cases ever be natural causes, never! BL called 911, purposely lied to officers and medics about her injuries and a kidnapping and admitted nothing until confronted with a picture of the diaper box she placed her deceased child in. She knew she was caught then made the excuse blaming an 11 month old of being to hard to handle and leading her to blackout.

I felt that the sheriff feels the same as we do and just wanted to cover all possibilities in the presser.

I’ll say it again, for the millionth time, no one hides the body of a child who dies of natural causes. People call 911 instead in hopes that some miracle can save their child. JMO.

I’m just so sad and tired of this scenario. These babies just deserve so much more, so much better than what they were dealt.

Thanks Katydid23, that's what I was trying to express!

Blaming the dead child, and like Insomnia Momma said: People call 911 when a child becomes unresponsive in hopes of saving the child. When they fail to call for help and then hide the body when the child dies a big, big, bright red flag goes running up the pole.

This case stinks of victim blaming and alibi building.

Generally, babies are pretty easy, imo, (unless you have a colicky baby, or the baby is allergic to certain foods, etc.)

I think for her to say what she did...
It would have sounded much better if she had said that she had a hard time handling a child that age, and that she was often on edge, or something like that. It would have been admitting that she was lacking what it takes to be a mother rather than blaming a baby for being a baby. MOO

It's a roundabout confession, imo.

Generally, babies are pretty easy, imo, (unless you have a colicky baby, or the baby is allergic to certain foods, etc.)

I think for her to say what she did...

It's a roundabout confession, imo.
Yes, but it was a little wee one's fault because she was hard to handle. No 11 month old is hard to handle. Two year old's can be a bit difficult, but 11 month old's are not. I suppose there may be some out there who are, but in 70 years, I have never seen one. I have seen babies who cried a lot and were unhappy, but that was usually because they needed their nappy changed or were tired. I am surprised that some mothers do not recognise that their fractious older babies and toddlers are tired and think it is naughty behaviour. Little children (and even older ones) need routine and a parent who will supply that routine, calmly.

Yes, but it was a little wee one's fault because she was hard to handle. No 11 month old is hard to handle. Two year old's can be a bit difficult, but 11 month old's are not. I suppose there may be some out there who are, but in 70 years, I have never seen one. I have seen babies who cried a lot and were unhappy, but that was usually because they needed their nappy changed or were tired. I am surprised that some mothers do not recognise that their fractious older babies and toddlers are tired and think it is naughty behaviour. Little children (and even older ones) need routine and a parent who will supply that routine, calmly.
I recall some of my friends feeling overwhelmed with little ones. Most of the time it was because they were single and wanted to be more foot loose and fancy free and the child was getting in their way. These were the more selfish types for sure.

You're kinda preaching to the choir.

Clearly, the suspect was incapable of parenting.
Well, there should be some education about that when they give birth at a young age. In some countries, they have district nurses doing at home visits to see how young mothers are coping and they keep the visits going if there are any signs of not coping.

Well, there should be some education about that when they give birth at a young age. In some countries, they have district nurses doing at home visits to see how young mothers are coping and they keep the visits going if there are any signs of not coping.

Seriously!! There really should be such a resource. But who would pay for such a service? People struggle just to have basic health care here. Anyway,
This is where I question BL's own mother. Where the hell was she?

The thing is, talking about how to properly parent, or what BL should have done or how she should have been as a mother is kinda pointless. HL is dead. Say if she is accused of murdering her baby, at trial it's more important to talk about what kind of mother she WAS. Not what kind of mother she should have been.

No offense, I know people just spill their thoughts and ideas here... trying to make sense of tragedies.

Google Earth Link
https://earth.app.goo.gl/EgEfx

The area really isn’t to populated. I’ve circled their area.

I wonder if she has injury’s from being punched in the head several times? Even though she wasn’t actually punched makes me wonder if she inflicted injury on herself.

I read the police said her story started to fall apart when they discovered her injuries were actually the result of a car accident she had recently been in.

I read the police said her story started to fall apart when they discovered her injuries were actually the result of a car accident she had recently been in.

Bruises take time to develop too so I guess she didn't really think that through. No way do those bruises from the day of her arrest look like bruises that just happened hours ago.

Those who believe it is impossible for a baby to be difficult have probably never been a therapeutic foster parent.
Most of us learn our first parenting skills from our own family, given grandma's 'dilema', this woman may not have had that.
As a sort of sidenote, the US is a difficult place to enlist help unless you have family, friends or a church to reach out to. I personally know of someone who has a 9 year old who has been thrown out of school, had many hospitalisations, and is currently in residential treatment. He is due home in a couple of weeks despite no improvement. She is afraid for her younger children an herself. If she refuses to allow him home, DCF will remove her other children and file child abandonment charges against the 9 year old. She has no money after paying for many therapies and is desperate. I have some sympathy with those who struggle, whilst we onlookers suggest they 'get help'.

I am not forgiving this womans actions, but trying to understand them. We can only prevent others by fully understanding how this happens.

Don't know if this is a new article or not. Dated June 5th, so wondering if there was a hearing yesterday re bold in article.

Mother charged after baby found dead in diaper box to undergo mental evaluation

Chesterfield County, S.C. (WPDE) — Breanna Lewis, 19, will undergo a mental evaluation after being charged in connection with the death of her 11-month-old baby Harlee Lane Lewis, according to Chesterfield County Sheriff Jay Brooks.

Brooks said it was determined during a hearing on Tuesday that Lewis' public defender would set up the mental evaluation.
[.....]
It could be another two weeks before autopsy results are in.

Here in the US we are sorely lacking in the Social Services area.

Jasper52, I remember you now, from when I first started posting here (different account.) I'll just ask here...
Do you remember a case of someone jumping off an apartment balcony in an apparent suicide. Some thought it may have been murder. Several people were involved in the incident. I can't remember names or anything but I want to know how it panned out. Lol.
Wasn't that Rebecca Z...…. in CA, they ruled it suicide, but it was clearly a murder. They recently reopened this case.

Wasn't that Rebecca Z...…. in CA, they ruled it suicide, but it was clearly a murder. They recently reopened this case.
Quick googled. Not what I was looking for but I do remember this case. I'm glad it's been reopened.

How would she have deleted the FB comments, was she released? Clearly someone has access to her page and is trying to filter out the smearing of her name. Good luck with all that.
Obstruction of Justice

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back