SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Heather's car at Peachtree is a BIG RED HERRING or it was a closeby, convenient place to dump the car at the moment. jmo
I'm thinking at this point that its possible maybe more than one perp could be involved.

I'm thinking it may be a red herring too. If you're going to dispose of someone in a river so they won't be found, why leave her car there? Not to give too much brainpower credit to the perp, but that's just dumb.

Has forensics has come back with specifics re: the processing of her vehicle (sorry if I missed this)...what position was the driver's seat in, were there any signs of a struggle or damage to the interior, any blood, what other forensic evidence if any, what items were in her car, how much gas was in it, etc, etc, etc.

Ashley had mentioned upstream about the inlet there at the Landing going straight out to the ocean...it would be good to know more about the strength and specific direction of the currents, etc, etc...how deep is the water there, etc, etc...how long would it take to carry a body out, etc etc

A couple of questions for everyone. What is your theory regarding Heather's vehicle ending up at Peachtree Landing? What are your thoughts about how the person or people left PL? (Who knows, maybe this person is hiding in the forest? Doubt it, but anything is possible).

With so many possibilities, I'm curious what seems the most reasonable/likely scenario. Did she drive there under the threat of a weapon from someone? Did the perp park her car there and get a ride or perhaps walk away? Did a taxi pick someone up near by? Could it be possible there were two people, one driving HE's vehicle and one following? Did just one person approach her (on foot, no vehicle) and drove the car to Peachtree Landing? Just brainstorming off the fact of where her car was discovered.
I wonder if Heather was ever at Peachtree Landing. I think Heather may have been abducted somewhere else and someone drove her car there and dropped it off then left by foot or had someone else pick them up. I can't imagine Heather driving to Peachtree to meet someone. It seems like police should also be checking areas around her apartment. Was Heather's scent picked up at Peachtree Landing for searches to be focused there?

Not sure if Heather smoked pot or not, but could she have been meeting up with someone to score some natural herbs? (Just throwing out ideas)

(o/t, FWIW, people in Colorado don't have to worry about these types of shady meetings anymore.) :peace:

(More O/T, but I can't help but think about Terrilynn Monnette, and how she was right there the whole time in the water (supposedly)...)

From the information I am reading it seems they are putting all their focus on the water. So there must be something indicating she's in the water. How far out would someone have to go to get rid of a body in this water. Is the current pretty fast, I just don't see what the urgency around the water is. I could see throwing the phone in the water which is why it went off at 3 am. However not a body.

I also want to know more about this strip club nearby, and crime ridden apartments nearby mentioned upstream...they need to run the dogs through the property of those neighboring apartments if not done so already.

Keep the great ideas coming folks!

I was just driving around the area and took some photos--not sure how helpful they'll be or what I have to do with them formatting-wise to post.

In words, several things jumped out at me...

-- Behind her condo is a drainage pond/golf course waterway. I could not tell how deep it is. I did find something odd along its edges a few buildings down, which I took a photo of and called in to police. I hope they get there to check it out before it disappears.

--there were 6 or so cars parked in front of her building--a lot more than other buildings, but the roommate may have come back and have others staying with her.

--there's a Jack Russell terrier on the second floor who was quick to bark when I got out of the car. But it looks like they may have had their front door open, which probably wouldn't be the case in the middle of the night. The owner definitely is not a college student.

--each condo seems to have an outdoor storage room outside of their unit, on the same floor, but near the stairs. Since she recently moved in, could she have been going there to get/put something away.

--There are train tracks that cross River Oaks Drive within maybe a quarter mile (I'm bad at judging distances though).

--At the intersection of her road and Waccamaw Blvd (which runs below but along the 501 overpass right there) is Golf Dimensions and Bob Evans. Neither had cameras that I could see.

--the only place right around there that I suspect would be open in the midnight-3 AM range would be (on the right--the other side of GD) Fantails and (behind it) Waccamaw Bowling lanes. The latter is very run down looking from the outside. Fantails has a ton of lights and cameras outside. None would probably catch anyone at the intersection (GD is a really long building), but to get to 31 (the fastest way IMO to the landing), they would have to drive by it.

--further up that road toward 31 is a BP with convenience store. Further up and to the left (across 501) is a Food Lion.

--Back at the intersection and to the left, past Bob Evans, is a small strip with a Midas, consignment shop that may not be in business, Lebanese deli and Magoo's bar. Not sure what that is like, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone given the neighborhood.

--Then a golf academy and another small strip with Ron John's in it. I think someone got stabbed outside of there not too long ago, but I think it may have been a bar fight that got out of hand.

--across 501 is a flooring shop on the left, and a Shell with a run-down looking convenience store. However, this one would probably be faster and more convenient than the BP.

--there's a desolate lot between Shell and 501. Hang a right by the Shell and in a short distance you'll come to Danny's Bar and then Tiffany Cabaret.

--go straight or turn left and you have the former Hard Rock amusement park, now deserted with rides being sold off.

--If she got on 501 heading south, she'd be heading toward the mall and a lot if big nix stores. But there are some restaurants in and around there, though no fast food unless she went all the way out to 17.

Does that help at all?

When Heather picked up her mail at her parents house, did anyone there actually see her car or was she possibly driven there by someone else who she knew?

If I remember correctly, Heather returned home and called her roommate in Florida and spoke with her about the nice time she had on her date. She got off the phone, and was home alone. When I worked nights, it wasn't unusual for me to meet up with my co-workers after their late shift ended when I had the night off. Maybe she was wide awake, had no work the next day, so maybe without calling anyone, she was just going to stop by work so she had some company but then something happened along the way that ended her car at peach tree boat ramp.

My other fear is that her ex caught wind of the date and went to talk to Heather that night about it and she trusted him.

Wish her car yielded a clue. Was the drivers seat in a different position than usual? Did last cell ping indicate that she was at the boat ramp, or was it the neighbor's report of a car being left there? Struck me as weird that nothing seemed out of place in her car... you would think there would be some sign of a struggle---her hoop earring pulled off, mail scattered, a side view mirror askew.... Scuffle marks in the dirt. So, maybe only Heather's car made it there and she was taken at another location. But where? Send us a sign, Heather, please!

I hope they have been through in checking all around her apartment complex. Those storage closets that were mentioned etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First post here! Sorry it took an event like Heather's disappearance for me to find this website. But, what a great resource it is. I commend all of the people behind Websleuths and thank them for the great service provided! I hope more cases will be solved because of this website.

I've been following this thread for the past week after learning about Heather's disappearance. So sad and tragic for all of her friends, family and community in general.

The Facebook page that was set up is a good tool to get the word out online but, posting messages about how hard everyone is praying isn't going to find Heather! IMO

Peachtree Landing is right up the road from where I live and like many others, I feel helpless in finding Heather.

I spent the entire day yesterday researching online to find clues, connections, leads, etc. and came up with a few that I think need to be investigated. I haven't seen any other mentions of my discoveries elsewhere!

So, after getting all of my notes together, I called the tip-line and was asked to leave a message.

I really wanted to talk to someone so I could explain the info that I was able to find. Most of which is public record and the HCPD should have looked into. But, did they? I wouldn't know.

So, I called the Police dispatch number direct and spoke with an Operator. She was going to call a Detective and have them call me back. After waiting a few minutes, my phone rang and it was the Operator again.

She told me that, "Unless it's something that can be investigated right away, that they would call me back in the morning."

No sense of urgency!

I told her, "That's pretty subjective isn't it? I mean, why wouldn't any tip or lead – no matter how small be looked into right away?"

Time is of the essence, no?

So, I reluctantly said ok and was expecting a call first thing this morning. ...Nothing! Talk about feeling even more helpless!

It's now 3:20pm, 18-hours later and no call-back from HCPD. Another person on the FB page posted that she had info and never got a call-back either!

I know they are busy searching the River right now (which, I think is a BIG waste of time and should have been cleared last week!) IMO

So, I'm not quite sure what to do? Should I try calling again and again? And, will they actually look into my findings and take them seriously?

I am a little bit leary of posting them online whether it be on this forum or the Facebook page since it is somewhat sensitive in nature.

Any suggestions?

I have my theories and would like to share some more insight here but, would like to take care of this first.

Thanks!

--Back at the intersection and to the left, past Bob Evans, is a small strip with a Midas, consignment shop that may not be in business, Lebanese deli and Magoo's bar. Not sure what that is like, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone given the neighborhood.

--across 501 is a flooring shop on the left, and a Shell with a run-down looking convenience store. However, this one would probably be faster and more convenient than the BP.

Respectfully snipped:

I am a single woman, in my 40s. I am very comfortable going into the deli, Magoo's (great wings) and Ron Jon's (cheap burger and beer, great chili cheese fries).

Magoo's is frequented by a younger crowd, Ron Jon's is more diverse, but I have never felt in danger at either place.

I generally go to the BP if i need to run out for some random item. It is well lit and feels safe.

Did you go past White River, further out River Oaks? It has been developed some over the last few years, but it is still pretty desolate and it is a quick way to get to 31 North.

Courtney Griffin @CourtneyWPDE
Search continues for Heather Elvis at Peachtree Landing. pic.twitter.com/moHXC5GYa5

From this link:
BcgCGiZIEAAOE0M.jpg

I want this girl found!! I have read comments that people are saying "why was she out at 3am" and that the whiteriver address was her parents home which is NOT true. It is an apartment complex where she most likely lived.? As for being out at 3am.. she's 20 years old. WHY would people not understand she's young, bubbly, lives in a college town and probably pulled all nighters with friends here and there!? MY QUESTIONS WOULD BE...
1) Understanding LE cannot give details to potentially hurt the case, they must also understand that WITHHOLDING certain details could be just as harmful to finding Heather. Therefore.. who was her date?! Where did they go that night?? Were they at Broadway? Magoos? The Bowery? I mean WHERE did they go.?
2) When he took her home at 2am (im assuming to the apartments on whiteriver) did he walk her up and stay a while?
3) After he left is most likely when she made the last known phone call around 3am to her roommate. WHAT DID SHE SAY?! This couldnt6 hurt the case much if the roommate actually spoke with her and not missed the call she would know WHAT HEATHER DID THAT NIGHT.

-- Get ALL OF THE VIDEO DOCUMENTATION POSSIBLE from security cameras of places we KNOW she went (im going to assume this has been done)
-- TRACK HER PHONE RECORDS (this most definitely should have been done)

** WEIRD THING: I happen to know that the family owns property at Peachtree. How strange is it that Heather went missing around 3 am and her car ended up at Peachtree Landing!? A place I would assume she is familiar with!? This gives me HIGH HOPE that she has "taken a break" from life.. we all get overwhelmed and frustrated. MAYBE she left to catch a break and this has blown WAY UP and shes afraid to come forward. I would be scared, honestly!

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASSSE

First post here! Sorry it took an event like Heather's disappearance for me to find this website. But, what a great resource it is. I commend all of the people behind Websleuths and thank them for the great service provided! I hope more cases will be solved because of this website.

I've been following this thread for the past week after learning about Heather's disappearance. So sad and tragic for all of her friends, family and community in general.

The Facebook page that was set up is a good tool to get the word out online but, posting messages about how hard everyone is praying isn't going to find Heather! IMO

Peachtree Landing is right up the road from where I live and like many others, I feel helpless in finding Heather.

I spent the entire day yesterday researching online to find clues, connections, leads, etc. and came up with a few that I think need to be investigated. I haven't seen any other mentions of my discoveries elsewhere!

So, after getting all of my notes together, I called the tip-line and was asked to leave a message.

I really wanted to talk to someone so I could explain the info that I was able to find. Most of which is public record and the HCPD should have looked into. But, did they? I wouldn't know.

So, I called the Police dispatch number direct and spoke with an Operator. She was going to call a Detective and have them call me back. After waiting a few minutes, my phone rang and it was the Operator again.

She told me that, "Unless it's something that can be investigated right away, that they would call me back in the morning."

No sense of urgency!

I told her, "That's pretty subjective isn't it? I mean, why wouldn't any tip or lead – no matter how small be looked into right away?"

Time is of the essence, no?

So, I reluctantly said ok and was expecting a call first thing this morning. ...Nothing! Talk about feeling even more helpless!

It's now 3:20pm, 18-hours later and no call-back from HCPD. Another person on the FB page posted that she had info and never got a call-back either!

I know they are busy searching the River right now (which, I think is a BIG waste of time and should have been cleared last week!) IMO

So, I'm not quite sure what to do? Should I try calling again and again? And, will they actually look into my findings and take them seriously?

I am a little bit leary of posting them online whether it be on this forum or the Facebook page since it is somewhat sensitive in nature.

Any suggestions?

I have my theories and would like to share some more insight here but, would like to take care of this first.

Thanks!

Just another reason the family needs to hire a reputable private investigator. So he or she and their staff can handle tips/leads the police department is too overwhelmed? to handle. JMO.

The road to the landing is dismal too. Kind of sketchy neighborhood with run down homes, abandoned buildings mixed in with nicer places. Very dark too. I would hate to have to knock on doors if I needed help in that area. Hope no one is insulted by my observation - but it's my opinion.

:bump:

Everyone of these abandoned buildings needs to be searched right now, if they haven't already!!!!

Sorry, I clipped this to answer this particular question:
My thinking is if she went out for food she would have taken Hwy 501 West towards Conway to Carolina Forest Crossing. There is a McDonalds that's open pretty late, 2 am I think. Zaxby's, Bojangles are there too but I think they close around 11 or 12 pm. Kroger is the closest grocery store and it's right in that same shopping center. It's a newer area and pretty well lit. During the winter places tend to close earlier here. There is also a gas station there too.

Does anyone know where Heather went on her date? No one has said what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Possible points of interception, ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member