SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was described by a friend on JVM as a "spitfire" FWIW.

Her twitter when she seems to have met married guy show she was highly...interested from the start, I would say. JMO

Nevertheless...she is 20 and very attractive...he is 40 ....she went on a date...told her room mate she had a great time.....I still say jealousy is going to play here

Curious about her supposedly working two jobs? On the TK page, they say she last worked on the Sunday not due again until Friday. Sounds more like she just worked one PT job at the time, IMO.

Here on the grand strand many of the hospitality jobs go part time/non-existent during the months of October-February. She may have had to work part time shifts at 2-3 jobs to make ends meet.

Her father also said, on JVM, that he was not crazy about her working at TK but that she lived her own life. This was in response to the show running a clip of a TK commercial that was highly suggestive, focusing on the skimpy uniforms.

This is an interesting take on it. So you're thinking she was "explaining" away the violent/stalkerish OMW as a bitter ex to her family? By doing this she was thinking that if she ever did introduce the OMM to her family they wouldn't see him in a bad light. I see where you're going with this.

Exactly! Especially if there had been any physical abuse

:scared:
Is Heather's family well-known in the community? I believe I read that her father owned a store...would that mean that most locals would know them, or is MB too big for that? I don't think this has to do with what happened to Heather; I am just curious.

In my opinion, yes, they are well known. Not many cases get the involvement this was has gotten, including the Governor. In fact, can't remember the last time that happen.... Also, to be on two television shows! other than the news and have a following of over 40,000 people. Just my opinion.

Thinking out loud, what if OM convinced Heather over the phone to come over there, that the lady of the house was not at home, and then :mickey: ended up coming home early? Or maybe she busted them at a hotel...(brainstorming, sorry if this has already been discussed)...

I remember way back I had asked the locals about hotels nearby, and the response was that due do MB being a tourist destination, there are hotels everywhere. Has there been any further discussion of hotels here? TIA, trying to catch up. I wonder if all the hotels within a say, 10 mile radius, have been checked out? 20 miles would be even better, a lot of work...(not to mention if this was even applicable, if a trail would have been left..."John Smith" checking in, cash...)

Her sister is a local and state pageant girl, and won a few titles, so they are likely more known than most, IMO.

This is an interesting take on it. So you're thinking she was "explaining" away the violent/stalkerish OMW as a bitter ex to her family? By doing this she was thinking that if she ever did introduce the OMM to her family they wouldn't see him in a bad light. I see where you're going with this.

Maybe she wasn't covering for OM, but someone connected to OM who was jealous and Heather did not want her parents to know she was seeing a married man ?

Me too, but I think she was infatuated with hum and would respond to any action on his part, i.e call, text, etc. But I do wonder at the length of time (up until six) if that is when she finally went out to meet him. What on earth was all of the back and forth until then? Was she wanting him to come to her? And he was refusing?

Maybe...but I think she was looking forward to her new job and new direction and it appears she was having a good time on her date.

The roommate probably has the info on to what extent this person was still significant and she's not able to give up anything.

Could also be Heather was the one telling him to stop calling/trying to get back into her life. It doesn't add up that he had bailed on the marriage and wanted to be with Heather, but didn't want to see her and had to be convinced?

Another member said he thinks it's plausible Heather went to bed and whatever happened was later that day. I think that's possible.

I also think it's possible that whatever happened started at the condo.

Just because they didn't pick up her scent, doesn't mean that she didn't drive her car there. I think that is what started this conversation....but now I can't really remember. If she got in another car it would go dead. If she went in the water dead. The would have have had to bring scent dogs, and it doesn't sound like those were either. Those sound like search dog.

FYI: CUE has K9 Teams and HCPD has a Bloodhound Tracking Team
http://police.horrycounty.org/SpecialOps/BloodhoundTrackingTeam.aspx

She was described by a friend on JVM as a "spitfire" FWIW.

Her twitter when she seems to have met married guy show she was highly...interested from the start, I would say. JMO

I agree. I think she liked him right away, and then spoke of him many times via SM before and after they connected. I noticed that more because she never mentioned a guy from a month before she went missing, or a guy she went on a date with the night of. She didn't come home from her date and post to SM about the date. She posted melancholy messages that seem to point to the guy she really cared about.

Nevertheless...she is 20 and very attractive...he is 40 ....she went on a date...told her room mate she had a great time.....I still say jealousy is going to play here

He is 40 (ok, maybe 37), MARRIED, & involved w/ a 20 yr. old & yes, she went on a date (IMO, she was well rid of him, & it would have been better if she hadn't answered his calls). Jealousy, pride, ego, whatever you want to call it-he has to be the primary POI, & I hope he feels flames licking at his feet.

He is 40 (ok, maybe 37), MARRIED, & involved w/ a 20 yr. old & yes, she went on a date (IMO, she was well rid of him, & it would have been better if she hadn't answered his calls). Jealousy, pride, ego, whatever you want to call it-he has to be the primary POI, & I hope he feels flames licking at his feet.

I agree !! This man knows where she is...

JVM kept referring to the date as a "school friend", no idea if true or accurate. Probably not, since TE says he has never met the guy. Anyway...JVM, like NG, buckets of salt. JMO

Did we ever get confirmation on who HE lived with and where prior to December 4/5th?

I agree. I think she liked him right away, and then spoke of him many times via SM before and after they connected. I noticed that more because she never mentioned a guy from a month before she went missing, or a guy she went on a date with the night of. She didn't come home from her date and post to SM about the date. She posted melancholy messages that seem to point to the guy she really cared about.

According to the article in myhorrynews..LE is questioning the accuracy of when she last posted on her SM accounts.

Since we're not getting any new info, I've decided to spend the next 24 hours looking at what could have happened to Heather that DON'T involve MM or his wife. I just feel like I need to do that. I'll report back tomorrow night if anything looks interesting, and I promise none of my info will come from the FHEFB. I've deleted that bookmark. But I'll still be lurking for anything new that's released.

I would recommend the first 3 threads for this. They include links to some past cases in MB, recent crimes, RSOs, etc. :)

Here's a quick link for easy reference:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

1507162_235153466657383_988633367_n.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
If you have questions, pm a Mod.

Was HE talking on the phone at 6am and earlier, or receiving texts from OM? If texts, could it have been OM's wife pretending to be OM and asking for the meeting? How is a married person talking to HE on the phone at those hours? Is it possible that OM was being put up to sending texts/saying what he was saying by his wife to HE that night/morning to lure her?

Maybe OMM met HE at landing then got called away or left before HE did and Someone else was around and confronted HE-- this was all prior to 6am and then OMM calls HE but HE didn't answer, whoever had her phone did.
There was most likely an argument of some kind and call ends. Then the person who had HE's phone calls OMM back from HE phone with some threat or something. More like a warning that OMM is screwed because all evidence will point to him.

Just a thought because the 6am time seems kinda late if there had been earlier conversations. Trying to account for a scenario that places HE at the landing earlier and allows for conversations as late as 6am.

Did we ever get confirmation on who HE lived with and where prior to December 4/5th?

No...I doubt we will. From what I recall, her father just said in passing one time that she had had another apartment before this last one.

According to the article in myhorrynews..LE is questioning the accuracy of when she last posted on her SM accounts.

I don't know why...those times seem to fit in somewhat when she is known to be alive and well, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member