SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom4 View Post

In my opinion, yes, they are well known. Not many cases get the involvement this was has gotten, including the Governor. In fact, can't remember the last time that happen.... Also, to be on two television shows! other than the news and have a following of over 40,000 people. Just my opinion.

Yeah, but they had to get people to beg the governor over and over; it's not like TE could just make a personal phone call to her. I don't think the family is well-known on a state-level, but I was wondering about in the community. They seem like they might be, but when you consider how there isn't a significant amount of local media, nor is LE holding press conferences, so IDK. Also, 2 (now 3) TV shows is not much, especially when you consider all the factors this case has, like young, attractive victim, middle-class family, 40,000+ on social media, not believed to be runaway, etc.

eileenhawkeye, I am going to agree with, hockeymom4, that the awareness and ms media coverage in this case is tremendous especially considering the lack of an update or press conference by HCPD. After over a month HCPD, nor SLED has indicated whether HE's case involves foul play. The lack of a media management strategy by HCPD is the catalyst for their many unsolved missing/murdered persons cases, imo..

The SC Governor's response to the Elvis family is an anomaly as missing persons cases go, imo. The awareness and ms media; local & national coverage will only increase due to the community involvement and support in HE's case.

It is very inspiring to see the Myrtle Beach/Horry county community unite behind the Elvis family, to insure that HE is located and justice is served...

I'm gonna be needing some Popsicle sticks and tape again. IDKWTD!!!!!

Awareness is great...but the governor has been involved in Holly Bobo's case too, since she went missing a few years ago...a HUGE reward of $250k and nothing.

Jumping back in just to ask a couple of questions. Heather tweeted that she fell at work IIRC (down the stairs?) and went to the Dr. Is there any confirmation of that fall? Could something or someone else have caused an injury she needed to see a Dr for?

Covering *something* up as a fall at work, is that a possibility here? I know we saw a photo of her with a possible black eye and bruised side/lip.

Also, am I remembering correctly that H and her family are fairly devout? I can't remember where I read that so it may be SM and rumor - if so, I'm sorry, mods - but I'm asking because I can't think a young Christian woman would *not* feel conflicted if she was, in fact, involved in an adulterous affair. I also can't think it would be something she would be keen to discuss with her family.

Ya, talk about feeling sad for the victim and her parents. <respectfully snipped>

See, for all the newbies, this is why the initial stages of the investigation are soooooo important, hence all the clueless brainstorming in the initial threads. As time passes, evidence, scents, surveillance fade away. I was just thinking that any helpful surveillance that might not have had a chance to be found yet is now gone. We're past the 30 day mark. That's pretty much the max on footage, I think?

So, if I'm not mistaken here, no search warrants have been served yet that we know about? (So, if and when they do serve a warrant, so much time has passed...)

Okay, I'm gonna try and say this in a way I don't get a poke with a needle from Bee. (or I guess a slap on the wrist from Salem?)

Do not discount what is mentioned on the police report as far as two different men. There is a reason they are on the report. I'm not saying one of them is for sure guilty, or both are, or anything. I am saying that there is a reason that the police, as well as Heather's family, gave a name to them in addition to BW. By discounting one of them as a "cover" for the other you may be doing Heather a disservice.

See, for all the newbies, this is why the initial stages of the investigation are soooooo important, hence all the clueless brainstorming in the initial threads. As time passes, evidence, scents, surveillance fade away. I was just thinking that any helpful surveillance that might not have had a chance to be checked yet is now gone. We're past the 30 day mark. That's pretty much the max, I think?

So, if I'm not mistaken here, no search warrants have been served yet that we know about? (So, if and when they do serve a warrant, so much time has passed...)

Not that we know about, here...

I don't know why I keep thinking about this but could SS (date) be a cover person for who Heather really went out with Tuesday night?

Okay, I'm gonna try and say this in a way I don't get a poke with a needle from Bee. (or I guess a slap on the wrist from Salem?)

Do not discount what is mentioned on the police report as far as two different men. There is a reason they are on the report. I'm not saying one of them is for sure guilty, or both are, or anything. I am saying that there is a reason that the police, as well as Heather's family, gave a name to them in addition to BW. By discounting one of them as a "cover" for the other you may be doing Heather a disservice.

Fair enough, two were mentioned in article about the police report, neither by name. But we know of only one who was her last contact, so...that is curious.

According to the article in myhorrynews..LE is questioning the accuracy of when she last posted on her SM accounts.

HA this was sitting in my saved, forgot to respond. Um, not sure if it's LE questioning, or if the author of the article has been reading this forum. A lot of us speculate the later because 1) it answered a lot of questions we had and 2) we had been discussing that just before it was published.

Jumping back in just to ask a couple of questions. Heather tweeted that she fell at work IIRC (down the stairs?) and went to the Dr. Is there any confirmation of that fall? Could something or someone else have caused an injury she needed to see a Dr for?

Covering *something* up as a fall at work, is that a possibility here? I know we saw a photo of her with a possible black eye and bruised side/lip.

Also, am I remembering correctly that H and her family are fairly devout? I can't remember where I read that so it may be SM and rumor - if so, I'm sorry, mods - but I'm asking because I can't think a young Christian woman would *not* feel conflicted if she was, in fact, involved in an adulterous affair. I also can't think it would be something she would be keen to discuss with her family.

I don't know so much about the fall, but the info on her family has been in MSM, because the first vigil and fundraiser were held at the family's church.

O/T:

Cluciano, you always have the cutest avatars in the world.

This is for you:
images

:)

That reminds me, Ragamuffin, I did find a religious study link for Heather.
https://www.bible.com/users/featherelvis/badges

I mean, that her dad STILL has not met or spoken to this fellow. I would be begging him to relive her last known hours endlessly, seeking any little clue. Just would want to meet him, get a feel for the evening (minute by minute) JMO
I misunderstood. I totally agree with you!

I'm wondering if OM was in love with Heather? Was OM really going to leave his wife?

I will speculate that I think OM did love Heather. I think they stopped seeing one another because possibly his wife found out, and if he had kids things get really really complicated and icky when a marriage with kids breaks up. So OM tried to do right by his kids (totally my speculation) and stay with wife. Then Heather goes on a date with another guy and OM comes to the realization that he cannot live without Heather because he loves her.
He reaches out to her to tell her this and that's all we know.

Then Heather disappears.

The fact that Heather goes out on a first date with someone and hears from OM on the same day cannot be a coincidence. I think it speaks to OM's lingering feelings for Heather.
BBM I think that was the ploy to get Heather out of her condo.

One thing that really stands out to me is why she didn't have whomever she was meeting up with come to her place. She was home alone, didn't have anywhere to be and if it was someone she trusted (per TE's theory) would it be a big deal if they knew where she lived and/or stopped over? Just curious.
Excellent point!

Sure, make me go back to the first four threads, see if I care.....

Here is the bit about dogs on the water:

"They have had people and teams of canines on the water."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Here is where they searched with dogs on foot in the Socastee area:
"The Center for Missing Persons or CUE has had volunteers searching the water near Peachtree Landing since Elvis was reported missing and extended the ground search on foot with canines in the Socastee area over the weekend."
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/30/3930882/search-for-missing-women-in-myrtle.html

I'm still looking for the one about the car. So many of these articles have changed and since we cannot copy the whole article, things get lost....I will update if I never find it after searching through the first five threads. I know it wasn't after that.

Thanks :) Yes, they have had dog teams out, both LE and CUE. But I haven't seen anything about whether any of the dogs found anything, or in this case didn't find what they should have.

When looking at a potential perp, I think it is prudent to look at their actions prior to the crime to determine if they are the kind of person who could do something very bad. Do they have a criminal record, especially of violence? Do they have good character? Are they honest? Then one would put a heavy weight on the circumstances of the crime to determine if they did the crime. Do they have a motive? Opportunity? Alibi? Any evidence linking them to the victim during the time of the crime. Finally, we can look at there actions after the crime to assess if they are behaving like an innocent person might. Were they honest to police? Did they act appropriately to the situation? Did they flee?

A person could raise suspicions in any of these three areas may not necessarily be guilty. However, when they raise suspicions in all 3 areas, I become very skeptical of their innocence. That's how I felt about the OJ case.

Awareness is great...but the governor has been involved in Holly Bobo's case too, since she went missing a few years ago...a HUGE reward of $250k and nothing.

cluciano63, The TBI also subscribes to the close to the vest antiquated silence investigative strategy from the 1970s.. Holly Bobo's case and the HE case is apples and oranges. Her abduction was eye witnessed and reported in real time, yet there was no pre-abduction plan in place by DCSO; the local sheriffs dept. In an interview, the Sheriff said, 'this type of crime doesn't happen in towns like Darden, TN'.. Need I say more?

wrong thread lol

HA I did that last night! :blushing:

When looking at a potential perp, I think it is prudent to look at their actions prior to the crime to determine if they are the kind of person who could do something very bad. Do they have a criminal record, especially of violence? Do they have good character? Are they honest? Then one would put a heavy weight on the circumstances of the crime to determine if they did the crime. Do they have a motive? Opportunity? Alibi? Any evidence linking them to the victim during the time of the crime. Finally, we can look at there actions after the crime to assess if they are behaving like an innocent person might. Were they honest to police? Did they act appropriately to the situation? Did they flee?

A person could raise suspicions in any of these three areas may not necessarily be guilty. However, when they raise suspicions in all 3 areas, I become very skeptical of their innocence. That's how I felt about the OJ case.

VERY good points. Unfortunately it seems HE attracted, or was attracted to, bad boys and without knowledge we don't have we can't answer some of those questions for either of the two guys. :( In theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher