SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded by me...that would be some coincidence in my book knowing what we know of the OM and HE through the reports/SM etc.

Yeah, I didn't word that very clearly.. and a tenuous link to OM would have probably come out later anyway. But if he found out through a phone call he thought would be untraceable (JMO) that she a) had been on a late date and b) is home alone, that could've been reassurance enough to do whatever he or someone else had in mind. Maybe he didn't account for the possibility of the roommate phone call because hey, his wife and their friends don't call each other up at 2+ in the morning..

Question about phone pings and triangulation.
Does anyone know how close to the exact location they can determine a particular cell phone is?
For example my phone is in my house right now. If someone were to look up my phones pings to try to determine where it is, could they come up with my exact address or a radius? If it's a radius, how tight is that radius?

Do things such as mountains, or woods, or even tall buildings affect how tight the radius is? Or is it just the location of towers that make a difference?

And last question is if you were in an area that your service provider (Verizon, AT&T, tmobile) gets bad reception in does that make a difference?
Example there is a small town nearby and in certain areas Verizon customers get no service. Your phone just constantly searches for a signal and wears down your battery. If I have Verizon and was in an area like that would my location be able to be determined?

I feel Heather's room mate has a lot to offer detectives . To me Heather is not one to keep things inside and who would be her closest confidant but her roomie.

That has me wondering about the roommate HE had before she moved in with BW. I hope LE interviewed her as well. HE lived with her while the affair with OM was going on ........I bet she would know more than most people. JMOO

WS is burping allot for me..........

With so much water, lots of locals owning boats, my thoughts are everyone own anchors and I believe the easiest way would be to anchor a body in water. Thinking of poor Lacy and Connor.

US -
South Carolina man chronicles his anguish over missing daughter Heather
Terry Elvis, of Myrtle Beach, writes an essay detailing his pain since the 20-year-old disappeared Dec. 17. 'Sleep? Well that word became meaningless for the next week,' he says.
<video - read more>

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...sing-daughter-article-1.1585321#ixzz2r3EQt6YF
I have one child and I'll never forget the feeling when at a water park we both went down the slide, her first . When I got to the bottom she was gone even though I told her to wait for me..my anxiety level was in panic mode as I looked for her (7 yrs old at the time)..I found her after a minute or 2 (she went to find my wife) but just that short span of time brought into my head all the evil that exists out there as my mind was spinning...the pain and anguish that Terry Elvis and his family are going through I wouldn't wish on any good person..I hope closure comes to this family soon.

MOO, and possibly making the mistake of applying my own experience when it isn't logical to do so...

But I disagree with the suicide theory. This is based on her social media and my own journals from when I was Heather's age, growing up not too far away in upstate SC. My friends and I were all angry, dark, intense, depressed...and happy, silly, funny, and optimistic. Things hurt really badly at that age, but you express it, process it, laugh about it when you can, and keep trucking.

To be more clear - even if she (for example) took meds for depression or had a surprise pregnancy, I just don't see it. She just seems perfectly, heart-achingly normal to me, and I think she met with foul play.

SW, I believe for the most part it is our own experiences which allow us to open our eyes to varying possibilities, and by sharing our thoughts and reasoning behind them on here we empower one another with an expanded understanding of such possibilities.

In regards to suicide or any other possible scenario I appreciate all posts expressing why someone feels it's possible as much as I appreciate all posts expressing why someone doesn't feel it's possible. And I could be wrong, but I think most everyone here feels that way.

Also, I see you're new here--:seeya: Welcome! :seeya:

Hopefully LE can get pings on everyones cell phone that are involved. I do not know if they need a warrant but maybe one day, they will be.

slow day...Did anything come out of the searches on 814? How was the reaction from neighbors of the OM? Were people cooperative ? Was any media present? Police?

See scanner thread for Sunday. That is all I know.

[url="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10147285&postcount=485"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/url]

http://crime.about.com/b/2014/01/21/reward-increased-in-heather-elvis-case.htm

Reward Increased in Heather Elvis Case
By Charles Montaldo - January 21, 2014

Seeing rewards reminds me of the Holly Bobo case, and Lauren Spierer case of 100K rewards, and amazing amount of $$, yet did not help. Even the bizarre offer in Holly's case of a offering a reward to the perp (his family) if he would come forward...

IMO, rewards do their best getting media attention, and as such it's best to increase them in increments, rather than one big lump sum..

Not having anyone named a POI has me wondering if LE has problems and is waiting/relying on finding a body too much, thinking that will yield answers..

Fundraisers and FHEFB trying to raise as much money as possible for reward!
This may get someone talking!
IMO, if 2 or 3 people know something.....it is not a secret.
People esp. criminals will turn on each other to save their own butts.
If you know something that can make you a partner in crime.

Seeing rewards reminds me of the Holly Bobo case, and Lauren Spierer case of 100K rewards, and amazing amount of $$, yet did not help. Even the bizarre off in Holly's case of a offering a reward to the perp (his family) if he would come forward...

IMO, rewards to their best in getting media attention, and as such it's best to increase them in increments, rather than one big lump sum..

Not having anyone named a POI has me wondering if LE has problems and is waiting/relying on finding a body too much, thinking that will yield answers..

I agree with bolded, having a body (hate to say it) would help the case so much! I remember Scott Peterson. We KNEW he murdered Lacey and everything came to a close when Connor was found. Arrest quick. LE KNEW but needed more evidence for the DEATH penality. BTW, does SC have the DP???:twocents:

As a local I keep hearing "they're waiting on a warrant." Its so frustrating bc I feel they have enough evidence. Especially if it isn't all leaked. and I wake up everyday hoping it finally verifies that in media.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

But rewards do NOT seem to bring about results, as far as I know. Or very seldom. And criminals who took part cannot collect the money, as far as I know, although if this reward is strictly raised by family, I guess they could give it to an accomplice. I cannot think of a missing persons case solved by a reward- anyone?

Also, I am searching, but unable to find, any history of South Carolina trying cases without a body, other than a mention here or there about a case or two. I wonder if that is something they are prepared to take on.

I agree with bolded, having a body (hate to say it) would help the case so much! I remember Scott Peterson. We KNEW he murdered Lacey and everything came to a close when Connor was found. Arrest quick. LE KNEW but needed more evidence for the DEATH penality. BTW, does SC have the DP???:twocents:

Yes.

http://m.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/4632

I do feel there are folks who "heard things" from reliable sources (players named in report) that might contain a piece of the puzzle but feel that it's insignificant and to those I say call it in to the tip line. Let LE determine what you have to offer important or not . 30 days have gone now, this is your chance to make a difference in this case!

How much medical information would LE be able to obtain under HIPAA if HE is listed as missing vs. deceased? IMO that info could hold a significant piece of the puzzle. HE tweeted a couple of things that have been interpreted in various ways If OM had told his wife he was leaving her for HE and then found out that situation had changed he could be enraged. On the other hand if OM wanted that situation to change and HE did not there could also be a strong motive for him or his wife. to do HE harm. The roommate will have valuable info about the meaning of the tweets, but could that second hand information hold up if charges are filed or would it need to be backed up by medical records? Such a situation could also be the reason for a 20 yr. old girl to voluntarily disappear for a while or to feel suicidal.

I understand we are not allowed to discuss anything on FB, whether it is an individual's page or the page to find her.

As a newbie, I am just wondering why that is and if that restriction will be lifted if someone is deemed a POI by LE.

As a local I keep hearing "they're waiting on a warrant." Its so frustrating bc I feel they have enough evidence. Especially if it isn't all leaked. and I wake up everyday hoping it finally verifies that in media.

If they are ready to get the warrant, they can get it any day, any hour. There's not much waiting.
Maybe they are loosely saying waiting for info to complete the application for warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser