SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning.

Can anyone tell me what exactly LE needs to make someone a person of interest?

I saw a show of a missing women the other night. She was last seen at her job with her boss. Her boss became a POI because they wanted to talk to him and they could not get in touch with him, so he became a POI. HTH.

I Googled POI

It has no legal meaning, but it is a “catchy” term referring to someone who the police is “interested” in, either because the person is cooperating with the investigation, may have information that would assist the investigation, or possess certain characteristics that merits further attention.

I was asking for this picture again yesterday. It does look like she has gained some weight. Her arms/cheeks/bust seem bigger. Could it be the angle of the camera?
Also, that is a cap on the dash and it looks like a Penguins hat...but I'm not 100% on that.

Her choice of clothing for the time of year does not bother me at all.
My kids were always dressed out of season. I don't know how many times my husband said "Where is your jacket??"

Heather...send us a sign where to find you pretty girl.

This is the original image saved from the XOJane.com story:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/ProDriverjpg_zps33034d59.jpg.html][/URL]

This is the image with HD and illuminate filters added
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9e2b3fbf-b9db-4aa2-aeaa-59c007a44a5d_zpsddae5d29.jpg.html][/URL]

AFAIK, an official, high-res image has not been released. I will keep working on improving the image. If anyone else has better software, please assist. I just wanted to upload something quickly to the thread.... :heartbeat:

Maybe LE knows by now when the car was driver to the dock, and who drove it. I have to assume, until proven otherwise, that LE has some idea of what they are doing here, even though my general opinion of LEA's when it comes to missing persons is pretty low. But I try to give LE the benefit of the doubt in each new case, until too much time passes without any news, arrests or public appeals.

IMO even if LE knew, for example, that Heather met her married friend there at the dock, it would be difficult to prove that he did anything to her. He could say he drove away first, that she was fiddling with seatbelt, phone, whatever, in her car and as far as he knew, she was fine when he left her. May not be a very believable tale, but hard to disprove.

Harmful effects of social media on Heather Elvis case

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) -
Social media has become a helpful resource for law enforcement agencies in solving cases, but it can also cause issues.

Lieutenant Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department says they have only been using Facebook for a few years and in that time they have seen big results.

"It gives us the ability to get the information out as quickly as possible," he said.

Kegler says posting mug shots or surveillance camera video on their Facebook has led to tips and information that have helped solve crimes.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24523501/...ia-on-heather-elvis-case#.UuCylk4DtaA.twitter

I would hope LE has traced (pings) where the phones of the last people to speak or see or that matter have had any "conflicts" with HE ,for the 48 hours following the calls to Bri.
Maybe "seeing" if calls were made or received from places that didn't follow a pattern or maybe catch somebody in a lie (saying they were in one place and their phone shows "pings" from somewhere else).

ITA. I said this a few pages back, but you explained it better then me.

:please: Praying she is found safe.

I was asking for this picture again yesterday. It does look like she has gained some weight. Her arms/cheeks/bust seem bigger. Could it be the angle of the camera?
Also, that is a cap on the dash and it looks like a Penguins hat...but I'm not 100% on that.

Her choice of clothing for the time of year does not bother me at all.
My kids were always dressed out of season. I don't know how many times my husband said "Where is your jacket??"

Heather...send us a sign where to find you pretty girl.

It looks to me like she does have a sweater with her, it's just bunched up under her right arm. It looks like she took it off while she was learning to drive and it dropped down to her waist.

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
It might help jog memories and it might even unhinge any guilty parties,,
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

And give the perp(s) the opportunity to destroy the car?

well have a hidden camera to catch them? in the act??? I'm sure volunteers would be there. I am truly afraid of a lynch mob soon........and then no one will ever know anything.........:banghead:

well have a hidden camera to catch them? in the act??? I'm sure volunteers would be there. I am truly afraid of a lynch mob soon........and then no one will ever know anything.........:banghead:

But why take the chance if the car is actually evidence?
If there were cameras, then a person could go to jail for vandalism, but that would not in itself convict them of any other crime, unless you are saying, they would be tampering with evidence and arrest them on that charge?

This post is meant for Passionflower. I wonder why Websleuths is kinda wonky in the posts now? Technical problems at the website?
IMOO.

Back in Caylee, Haleigh cases there were web cams and bounty hunters, investigating news, it is all gone now. Why?

But why take the chance if the car is actually evidence?
If there were cameras, then a person could go to jail for vandalism, but that would not in itself convict them of any other crime, unless you are saying, they would be tampering with evidence and arrest them on that charge?

This post is meant for Passionflower. I wonder why Websleuths is kinda wonky in the posts now? Technical problems at the website?
IMOO.

true but is the car even evidence? We don't know since dad was allowed to drive it away. Is the car in LE possession now???

2 things. In the msm release were they now state their was phone contact between OM and HE s phone until 6 am, and BW states that when she spoke with HE she was upset and crying because OM was leaving his wife, I now wonder if OM or OMW! was the one actually calling her. Maybe OMW kept calling and threatening her because OM was leaving her? That would be good reason to be crying and stalling to get home.
2nd thing, this is just a general question. A burner phone, is this like the cheap prepaid. Phones you buy at walmart for about $15 and throw away when your done with it, or are these also sold on the black market? I would hope any of them sold in regular stores could be traced back to where and when they were bought so camara footage could be pulled. I've not had much experience with that term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The HC booking site has been unavailable to me for a couple of hours now.

HCgrab.JPG

I can't get it to do anything since about 10am.

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
It might help jog memories and it might even unhinge any guilty parties,,
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

And give the perp(s) the opportunity to destroy the car?

I think that Snowyowl's idea of placing HE's car at PTL is an excellent idea, LadyHawkke. Surely the vehicle has been forensically processed after over a month. Once the car was processed, it would no longer be needed for prosecution, imo. The fishermen and others at PTL during the critical time would be made aware and spread the word, imo.

In the Adam Walsh investigation, his abductor; serial killer Otis Toole's car was auctioned off by LCPD and then crushed. Fortunately a partial forensics investigation was performed by CSI. Photos were taken of the luminol test results. Three decades later retired Miami Homicide Detective Lt Joe Matthews, hired by the Walsh family located the undeveloped csi film at the FDLE crime lab on a cold case shelf. After processing the film, Adam's face was shown etched into the floorboard of Toole's car..

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/02/adam_walsh_face_photograph.php

"Photo Said to Show Adam Walsh's Face 'Etched in His Own Blood.'"
“Bringing Adam Home” is the definitive story of the 1981 kidnapping, rape and murder of 6-year-old Adam Walsh, and of the botched police investigation

Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction That Changed America: Les Standiford, Joe Matthews: Amazon.com: Books

that is curious. I tried it from my laptop and my tablet. Neither was available.

Good morning KKinMI....

Perhaps CC880 (our verified Law Enforcement Insider), can answer this question...... Or anyone else?

:welcome:

The department I work for, our term is "suspect"

Now realistically you don't need much to have a suspect. Reasonable Suspicion
is enough for me. And it also amounts to the elements of the crime or specific case. Was it a person the victim knew, what information that has been obtained about the particular person or persons to the case.

Now releasing a "suspect" or "person of interest" in a specific case to the media would mainly be for someone they suspect committed a crime but are unable to locate to interview for questioning or they have enough probable cause to get a Judge to sign a warrant and make an arrest.

One thing that has to be remembered, This is a missing persons case. These cases are completely different then say an armed robbery or murder or something criminal that has been completed.

Heather is still missing. Now a reasonable person looking through all of the information released can and we are have personally made our own assumptions as to what where and who is most likely responsible.

But until Heather is found this will be a "missing persons case"

Now Keep in mind I am no way associated with or working with HCPD.

Based upon all the information released publicly yes the person or persons that have been mentioned in the media that are not cooperating with LE in my opinion are extremely suspicious.

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say it there is a fair amount of unknown information that could possibly point to other possibilities. I will give one example.

We have been given all the dates and times specific to last contact with or from Heather. And the time I am familiar with is 6am.

Now 20 year old female. We have all read her supposed lifestyle and allege relations with others.

So go back to that night. Heather has a awesome date with a co worker who she expressed interest in a few months back according to her Twitter Account. The date goes well. While this date was going on, was she contacted by an unknown person or persons ?

Was this stressing her out ? 341am dates over phone call is made to roomate

Is Heather still being contact by unknown person or persons

We all have had relationships in our past or breakups where the drama lasted all night long and sometimes even longer.

Did this drama last till 6am ??

If it did you can imagine someone being beyond emotionally spent. I know I would.

So there you go. Thats what I have to say for now.

The department I work for, our term is "suspect"

Now realistically you don't need much to have a suspect. Reasonable Suspicion
is enough for me. And it also amounts to the elements of the crime or specific case. Was it a person the victim knew, what information that has been obtained about the particular person or persons to the case.

Now releasing a "suspect" or "person of interest" in a specific case to the media would mainly be for someone they suspect committed a crime but are unable to locate to interview for questioning or they have enough probable cause to get a Judge to sign a warrant and make an arrest.

One thing that has to be remembered, This is a missing persons case. These cases are completely different then say an armed robbery or murder or something criminal that has been completed.

Heather is still missing. Now a reasonable person looking through all of the information released can and we are have personally made our own assumptions as to what where and who is most likely responsible.

But until Heather is found this will be a "missing persons case"

Now Keep in mind I am no way associated with or working with HCPD.

Based upon all the information released publicly yes the person or persons that have been mentioned in the media that are not cooperating with LE in my opinion are extremely suspicious.

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say it there is a fair amount of unknown information that could possibly point to other possibilities. I will give one example.

We have been given all the dates and times specific to last contact with or from Heather. And the time I am familiar with is 6am.

Now 20 year old female. We have all read her supposed lifestyle and allege relations with others.

So go back to that night. Heather has a awesome date with a co worker who she expressed interest in a few months back according to her Twitter Account. The date goes well. While this date was going on, was she contacted by an unknown person or persons ?

Was this stressing her out ? 341am dates over phone call is made to roomate

Is Heather still being contact by unknown person or persons

We all have had relationships in our past or breakups where the drama lasted all night long and sometimes even longer.

Did this drama last till 6am ??

If it did you can imagine someone being beyond emotionally spent. I know I would.

So there you go. Thats what I have to say for now.

Was her date a co-worker? I thought he was a friend from school and they just reconnected online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1