SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless her watch was broken, and she was wearing it for the fashion aspect. Sounds dumb but maybe...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew someone would express this possibility.
Of course, it would have to be determined to be a working watch but let's go with the odds her watch was working and set to the correct time. Afterall, that's the reason for wearing a watch even if it is a fashion statement as well.

The watch appears to reflect a conflicting time compared to when TE received the picture.

Thank you for the pics, kimi.

After increasing the original image to 400 percent, the time on the watch appears to be approximately 1:04. The hour and the minute hands are very close together. When using the illuminated image, there's too much glare to make out the smallest details.

Have no idea what the time gap means. An interesting observation is that Heather was wearing her watch on her right wrist because typically a watch is worn on the left wrist. My husband is an exception to the usual and, if he wears one at all, puts it on his right wrist even though he's right handed.

Also, that's a large watch and would be easy to spot on someone's dresser or the place they take their jewelry off after coming home. I wonder if Heather's watch was located anywhere inside her condo. If it was found tucked away somewhere, that would be odd imo unless she's a total neatnik.

I tried enhancing the watch myself. I also tried looking at the metadata but time was from TE only (File Modify Date: 2014:01:23 16:18:28-05:00).

Hard to be conclusive on this one.

Here's the pic showing pixels close up for what it's worth. Picture is overexposed in watch area and glare from flash(?).

*I flipped 180 degrees too.

b9gf9l.jpg

OK WHO WANTS CONSPIRACY THEORIES ?????

Just kidding. So what could the date info I stated mean ?

HE starts talking to SS and they begin to become good friends. HE and OM is still active. Buy HE starts talking about SS. The info goes back to March 2013.

Maybe this wasn't just a new date.

Jealousy attach ? You call it.

Coincidence Date Night ?? You call it.

Maybe OM started to get jealous of SS ??
I think it was a fresh start for HE...OM ,who I think originally broke it off with her because his wife found out, realizes he no longer has that hold on her . He knows the date through work ,hears about through the people there and reacts to claim her back. Maybe OM's spouse didn't forget the last indiscretions and keeps tabs on OM. Phone calls are made back and forth (does Ms. OM track his phone?)....

I don't. Unless they can have a security guard posted with her car 24/7. I don't think we've been told if the car has been processed? I agree that it would put pressure where pressure needs to be, but I don't think putting the only evidence out there is a good idea... I could see her car getting burned to the ground!!!

you could also find a duplicate Dodge or take a picture of it and make that billboard size-of course you'd have cameras posted all around to monitor!

Without questioning it, how can you be sure?

I have a lot of both questions and thoughts about how this happened, and I believe a number of scenarios could have unfolded that night and early morning. And I've said I think this case will have some surprises in the end. But so far, not even LE can find this poor girl, and all that transpired through her phone on the 17th and 18th remains a mystery. There are simply a lot of gaps in the public's knowledge of this case.

From where I'm sitting, it's clear that Heather's social media was ever-changing in mood and she made remarks or re-posted content about relationships that could refer to various people/situations, perhaps some we don't even know about, because she was either posting in the moment off the cuff, or being cryptic. And I think as a 20 year old she was not always forthcoming with everyone in her life about her associations, what she was doing on a daily basis, or what she was feeling about these experiences. Not even BFF's tell each other everything.

So who knows how much her roommate and her date can reveal about what came down that morning/day. Obviously, the phone records point in a direction, but where is some evidence that should at some point be tied to those contacts, if in fact the records shed light on how she came to be separated from her residence and ultimately her phone? That is the type of question that make sense to me, as opposed to ones about meeting in school vs working together, or both. Regardless of how close she was to the date for what period of time, if the greater relationship dynamics and triangular nature of the taboo relationship were ultimately the foundation for a crime against Heather, she was going to have a tragic outcome whether she went out that particular night or not. It could have been another night.

I'm hoping LE has something tangible to work with and that her car, as well as her condo and surrounding area, were well-processed early into this, before evidence was lost or dismissed.

Taking pictures is an art,lol.I know my daughter likes to snap pics of me,and the way I wear my hair,the lighting,even the shirt Im wearing can add five pounds on my face.I always make her delete them until I see one Im satisfied with.Sounds crazy,I know.Being 5'2 does not help me either

I do not understand the dissection of the photo in the car as to purse, scarf, handbag, rabbit, whatever? We know she went home after that, so I am confused.

The only thing notable about that pic to me is that Heather looks so different from any other other pics being shown of her, I had no idea this was even her. JMO

I agree. If someone had shown me that photo and asked me if I knew who it was, I would have said NO! Other than the tattoo on her arm~hardly recognizable as my niece. :confused:

I do not want to sleuth the former roommate (the 1 before BW) but the timeline of events leading up to HE moving in with BW may help.
I read about HE having a black eye, do we have a photo of it?
We saw a very bad bruise on her torso in the TK photo suppose to be from a fall on steps?
When did she move out of parents home?
In earlier photos HE looks flat chested.....could be clothes.
In TKilt she looks fuller may be a push up bra; but the $5K in doctor bills not covered by insurance.........breast enlargement? When, where and did someone want her to do it?
Weight gain? from pain? from depression meds?
The former roomie would know everything.
I hope she tells LE everything! IMOO

when she had the accident at work I would think all the bruises,etc from falling down the stairs would preclude any exercise regimen. You gain weight cuz you're hurt & maybe the doctor tells you no exertion,whatever.
especially a young girl who's focused on weight in a visible hostess position might be devastated. It takes a while to get past the ouchies. months...
That's not even taking into account if there were any other violent incidents.

I agree. If someone had shown me that photo and asked me if I knew who it was, I would have said NO! Other than the tattoo on her arm~hardly recognizable as my niece. :confused:

Hi LadyHawkke,

*hugs*

When was the last time you saw Heather? The photo doesn't appear to be flattering, at all. Is this why you couldn't recognise her? I just think its a really bad angle. Side-on shots can be so hateful. :pullhair:

Unless her watch was broken, and she was wearing it for the fashion aspect. Sounds dumb but maybe...

I'm guilty....of just putting on a watch and not checking to see if it has the correct time. I have several watches and wear whichever suits my mood or style of dress. I have gotten caught out and about only to realize that my watch had stopped and didn't have the correct time. Oops!

Question: Didn't LE verify the date's account of the evening based on them being seen at a restaurant? IIRC it was a Mexican place. Just trying to think through ANY possibility.

Unless something breaks, as in her being found or someone slipping or cracking, I'm afraid it's at a standstill. Just call me Captain Obvious.

:scared:

And give the perp(s) the opportunity to destroy the car?

call it bait-you don't necessarily need to use the same car-you might even use a picture of it taken in that spot-blow it up to billboard size and place there.
desperate times call for desperate measures
I'd hope that some are being watched closely-this might even help get the word out to those who don't have SM-like fishermen,etc
If that's where the car was last seen I'd do everything in my power to get the visual cues out there. After 1 month it would seem to me I'd do just about anything.
Even if I had to take the car over there and have someone else sit by it in another car I'd do it for a week 24/7. If I were closer I'd even volunteer to chaperone it myself.
Please accept my deepest sympathies in Heathers disappearance. I'm going to try and do everything I can to help resolve this. Hugs to you and your extended family.

Woe.be.gone, TY... If the time on her watch is accurate, and at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father. The numb3rs don't equate.. How would that be possible?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
<sniped>

Hours earlier, at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father.

“She texted me a picture of herself driving this guy’s truck, a Ford Pickup, stick shift,” Elvis said. “At the bottom, she texted, ‘Ha, I’m a pro.’”

Of course the time would have to be verified by expert computer forensics people but, like someone else pointed out yesterday, I see a time indicating just past 1:00. There isn't a separate hour hand visible on the face of the watch. Other peeps stated other times but I concur with the just past 1:00 time.

I don't know what it means - just sleuthing.

Is this a tip that should be sent in or do we assume LE knows this? Also, to be clear, another poster pointed this discrepancy out yesterday. I believe it was already dark outside so today, to satisfy my curiosity, I waited until daylight to check the time out for myself. My eyesight is better in daylight. Lamplight causes additional glare too so not as good for deciphering stuff.

On another topic, I noticed the label on the object on the dashboard casts a glare like some sort of thin plastic label (versus embroidered or thicker type woven thing). Still can't make out what it is - looks like some kind of gun now.

I was following Heather's threads obsessively until Tuesday, when a little girl I knew was stabbed to death. (http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79006051/)
I'm about 500 or so posts behind. I keep trying to catch up, but I'm having a hard time thinking.
Are there any updates on Heather's case? Feel free to PM me, if necessary. Thank you in advance, fellow members of Heather's army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I can't help you as I'm hopelessly behind myself and decided to just jump to the end after trying to catch up for two nights (I don't know why my family needs dinner at the end of every day).

But seriously, so sorry about the little girl. I don't think I could get back on here for a while after that. You're very brave and I'm glad you're back...

Maybe callit in, woe.be.gone

LE would have top notch software to get an even clearer look. I definitely think you should call it in.

I tried enhancing the watch myself. I also tried looking at the metadata but time was from TE only (File Modify Date: 2014:01:23 16:18:28-05:00).

Here's the pic showing pixels close up for what it's worth. Picture is overexposed in watch area and glare from flash(?).

b9gf9l.jpg

Do you mean you turned the watch in the position so that 12 or 1:00 is on top as we are looking at the image?

When I examined the image, enlarged 400 percent, I had to flatten my laptop screen and stand behind the screen so I could view the image as if I were looking at the watch as one would when reading the time. lol!

This is crazy, but I think I'm right. I think she has the watch on upside-down. The "winder" is on the right side of the pic as we're looking at it, so it would be on the left side of the watch as she's looking at it. I've never seen a winder on the left side of a watch.

Imo the place you think you're seeing the winder is a flash of glare caused by the camera. There may be two winders (flatish) on the proper side of that watch.

b9gf9l.jpg

Did you pixelate the unilluminated image?

I was following Heather's threads obsessively until Tuesday, when a little girl I knew was stabbed to death. (http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79006051/)
I'm about 500 or so posts behind. I keep trying to catch up, but I'm having a hard time thinking.
Are there any updates on Heather's case? Feel free to PM me, if necessary. Thank you in advance, fellow members of Heather's army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Softtail! I hadn't yet opened the link to the article before I posted. And to discover the sister committed this crime is beyond words. I lost my sister a couple years back. I'd give anything to have her back.

Maybe callit in, woe.be.gone

LE would have top notch software to get an even clearer look. I definitely think you should call it in.

I called it in because along with the watch there are a few other things about the car setting that jump out at me. I know I am not the only one to call it in, but the MORE calls the merrier. I have called the tip line a few times. It is just a voice mail. I do believe that TE did receive the text at 10pm.

Anyone know what tattoos HE has and where they are located? This would be a useful piece of information. I have seen a few pictures of her with one on her left arm and some on her right. Can't seem to see a picture with one on both arms, but I think it is because the pictures are selfies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks