SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo the place you think you're seeing the winder is a flash of glare caused by the camera. There may be two winders (flatish) on the proper side of that watch.

Look at the pixelated pic that PeterThomasFan posted; it's rotated 180 degrees and now the winder is on the left from our perspective, so I think that confirms what I said.

Look at the pixelated pic that PeterThomasFan posted; it's rotated 180 degrees and now the winder is on the left from our perspective, so I think that confirms what I said.

Looks like glare from the camera flash to me. (this is the original shot of the watch, not rotated the rotated version posted by PeterThomasFan)

Attachments

• driver2.png
    driver2.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 101
On of the thugs was finally captured in the shooting/accident on 707 in Socastee. The day before HE went missing.

'Michael Scott Stevenson, 27, from High Point, NC, was charged Wednesday in connection with the death of Elvan Douglas, age 35, a father of 3 children.'

Just hearing about this now, although he was charged yesterday?

Man charged in shooting, crash that killed Myrtle Beach dad

Well....if it is 1:04am then something is off because her dad said he got the text at 10.....

my daughter is known for wearing watches with random times... she wears them like jewelry, more than once I've teased her about it, but she uses her phone for the tine.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Did you pixelate the unilluminated image?

What I actually did was increase contrast with levels in PS then, enlarged on screen and took a screen shot so you could see the pixels as they appear on screen.

That is in fact glare on the watch, not a dial from what I can tell and IMO. I can't even make out which side the dial is even on after looking at it again.

This is crazy, but I think I'm right. I think she has the watch on upside-down. The "winder" is on the right side of the pic as we're looking at it, so it would be on the left side of the watch as she's looking at it. I've never seen a winder on the left side of a watch.

I've been looking at watches. Even if the watch is upside down and that is the winder at the glare point, isn't it positioned too low? Or would the angle of the camera distort its exact position (because the winder doesn't look centered). If the watch is upside down on HE's wrist, it would indicate a time of approximately 6:34.
Heather was supposedly picked up at 7PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/66991113178056963/

This watch runs about 500 bucks.
Do you think HE's watch has a ceramic or rubber strap?

(I went on a pretend watch shopping spree - so many pretty or cool watches!)

For what its worth,young girls wear watches as piece of jewelry...besides ,cell phones have the correct time,I know that's what my daughter goes by ...and she wears lots of the big watches and I bet none are the correct time.

Looks like glare from the camera flash to me. (this is the original shot of the watch, not rotated the rotated version posted by PeterThomasFan)

These fashion watches, for the most part, seem to have a prominate winder, in single form or up to three spaced apart. I haven't looked at the rubberized styles yet.
I know some watches have very flat little winders that are somewhat hidden under the decor/rim surrounding the face of the watch.

I'm leaning towards the time being one o'clockish and that we can't see the detail of the winder/s in the picture.

I've been looking at watches. Even if the watch is upside down and that is the winder at the glare point, isn't it positioned too low? Or would the angle of the camera distort its exact position (because the winder doesn't look centered). If the watch is upside down of HE's wrist, it would indicate a time of approximately 6:34.
Heather was supposedly picked up at 7PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/66991113178056963/

This watch runs about 500 bucks.
Do you think HE's watch has a ceramic or rubber strap?

(I went on a pretend watch shopping spree - so many pretty or cool watches!)

I don't know anyone that would wear their watch upside down. I tried to put mine on upside down and I had a hard time getting it on. I have a clasp and it is a several hundred dollar one. I set my watch to 1:05 and flipped it upside down and you get 5:35. So, her watch would have to have been upside down and not working. Not believing that. I went through her other pictures and didn't notice this watch in any other pictures. Did anyone else see it? I wear my watch every single day. I have had the battery replaced once in three years (I think). So, if she didn't wear it on a normal day, then I would conclude, she did not think of it as an accessory or fashion piece, so she wouldn't be wearing it if the time did not work.

Was Heather left handed? That is strange about the time on the watch if what you are seeing is correct.

I don't know anyone that would wear their watch upside down. I tried to put mine on upside down and I had a hard time getting it on. I have a clasp and it is a several hundred dollar one. I set my watch to 1:05 and flipped it upside down and you get 5:35. So, her watch would have to have been upside down and not working. Not believing that. I went through her other pictures and didn't notice this watch in any other pictures. Did anyone else see it? I wear my watch every single day. I have had the battery replaced once in three years (I think). So, if she didn't wear it on a normal day, then I would conclude, she did not think of it as an accessory or fashion piece, so she wouldn't be wearing it if the time did not work.

I disagree. if she wore it daily, it was a "watch used to tell time".... if she only wore it in one single picture, she was using it as an accessory, just to wear it, much like I change earrings, or like my 18 yr old daughter wears one of her watches. just for looks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thread is getting pretty long. Working on a new one and will be closing this one shortly...

HE_wbtv_11114_zps9d23a07b.jpg
Was Heather left handed? That is strange about the time on the watch if what you are seeing is correct.

I would think she is because in the photo of her carrying a purse, it is on her right side. I am right handed, and can only carry a purse on my left side.

My almost 15 year old just cuddled up next to me and saw the pic. I asked her what stood out just in terms of pic details, she said that HE was wearing a maxi skirt, her watch, she noticed the tattoo and said this pic doesn't look like the same girl. I told her about the time issue with the watch and she immediately said that she has a watch like that and the time is not right, she wears it for the outfit. She says she would use her phone for the time and HE probably did too because her phone is in her lap. Just a young ones POV.

As artistic as she is, that would make perfect sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see anything on her watch in the picture. I doubt he has the time wrong, his cell records and the actual photo would prove when he got the picture. I doubt LE hasn't asked to see it. JMO

Yes, but certain details are adding up to indicate that whoever sent TE the picture, may not have sent a current picture.

Missing Christmas lights, empty parking lot, possible out of season outfit and the time on HE's watch, all together these observations equate to hinkiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member